The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+13
superflyweight
Alistair
Mind the windows Tino.
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
Dr Shoe
Union Cane
1GrumpyGolfer
MIG
compelling and rich
17 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Fri 27 Nov 2015, 8:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Sean is a bummer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:I'm very well. Off work today, off to see The Charlatans this evening. Am going to work on my 80s based quiz shortly. All in all little cause for complaint.

How is the crazy world of personal injury claims and PPI compo craziness?

Have I already dome my joke about The Charlatans tribute band being called The Charlatans?

I don't recall you doing Jules, but is a perfect opportunity for me to recall the time I saw a Shania Twain tribute act called Never The Twain, which still amuses me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:45 am

2. Phil Collins
3. Kristin Shepherd
4. Chernyenko
5. Sissy Spacek
9. John Lennon

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:47 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:I'm very well. Off work today, off to see The Charlatans this evening. Am going to work on my 80s based quiz shortly. All in all little cause for complaint.

How is the crazy world of personal injury claims and PPI compo craziness?

Have I already dome my joke about The Charlatans tribute band being called The Charlatans?

I don't recall you doing Jules, but is a perfect opportunity for me to recall the time I saw a Shania Twain tribute act called Never The Twain, which still amuses me.

Ha. Witty.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:48 am

1. Peter Withe?
8. 12?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:48 am

All very impressive Jules, and very correct.

1 Who scored the winning goal when Aston Villa won the European Cup? Peter Withe Jules (who moves up several places for getting that)
2 Who was the only artist to play The UK and US Live Aid Shows? Phil Collins Sean
3 Who Shot JR? Kristen Jules
4 The Soviet Union had four leaders during the 80’s, a point for each Gorbachev Sean Chernyenko Jules
5 Who won an Academy Award for her role in The Coal Miners Daughter? Sissy Spacek Jules
6 What was the name of the man who attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan? John Hinckley Rick
7 In what Year was the Chernobyl nuclear disaster?
8 How many astronauts died when the Challenger space shuttle exploded?
9 Who released the album Double Fantasy in the 80s? Lennon Jules
10 What time did Ben Johnson complete the 100m in at the 1988 Seoul Olympics? 9.79 Rick

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:51 am

4. Brezhnev

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:53 am

4. brezhnev and andropov
7. 1986
8. 5 astonauts and 2 payload crew

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:55 am

Good work all round, Shah is right with seven in total and 86 for Chernobyl, have also cleared up the last two leaders between you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:02 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:4. Brezhnev

I wrote a letter to him but didnt hear back.

Unlike the letter I wrote to Jimmy Saville.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:03 am

I have finally snapped with the Fury is a Roll Model Thread, and edited the Roll to the more appropriate Role.

The ability to edit such things is absolutely the best thing about being a mod.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:05 am

Great team effort, we should go on eggheads or something.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:07 am

What a wonderful idea Rick, not sure who would make the team though. I'm going for Kevin, go big or go home has literally never been my motto.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:11 am

Rowley wrote:I have finally snapped with the Fury is a Roll Model Thread, and edited the Roll to the more appropriate Role.

The ability to edit such things is absolutely the best thing about being a mod.

You do realise that it was intentional?

Apparently Fury tweeted that he "wasn's a great roll model"

It looks like your power has made you go rogue.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:12 am

I didn't Adam, it was still irritating me though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:14 am

The fact that it irritated you puts you in my top 3.

You would have been top 2 if you knew about it and did it anyway.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:17 am

Jeff wrote:What a wonderful idea Rick, not sure who would make the team though. I'm going for Kevin, go big or go home has literally never been my motto.

I could go CJ or Daphne so I could have a valid excuse to slap them...

Barry is in the local quiz league so no point in me getting him.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:22 am

I want CJ.

I want to look at the cold blooded murderer in the eye and comment on the smashing blouse he is wearing.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:22 am

Galted you ungrateful sh*t..I got you that jacket made from the finest dead hookers in six counties. The time, effort and craftsmanship involved (not to mention petrol money) makes this the best gift you'll ever get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:23 am

If you were to take CJ out you would be top of the table with me forever Rick, irrespective of what you did or said round here, or indeed what anyone else did or said, that status would be set in stone.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:24 am

Jeff wrote:If you were to take CJ out

You mean SERIALDAVE take him out, sean take him out, or beat him at eggheads? I am cool with 1 and 3, and would be happy with either...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:31 am

Adam D wrote:I want CJ.

I want to look at the cold blooded murderer in the eye and comment on the smashing blouse he is wearing.

Woah Woah Woah.

Who is this Adam guy and how did he get into the culture cup?!

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:32 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

Woah Woah Woah.

I'm the guy with the power of the badges.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:33 am

CJ is from Rotherham. Our contribution to the world of culture, CJ, Howard Webb and the Chuckle Brothers, you're all welcome.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:33 am

Adam D wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Woah Woah Woah.

I'm the guy with the power of the badges.

Scout leader?!

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:36 am

Rowley wrote:CJ is from Rotherham. Our contribution to the world of culture, CJ, Howard Webb and the Chuckle Brothers, you're all welcome.

And only 3 of the four have committed heinous crimes.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:08 am

Isn't Don Bradman from Rotherham?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:19 am

seanmichaels wrote:Isn't Don Bradman from Rotherham?

touché (yourself)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:35 am

So is Gervase Phinn

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:53 am

Shi'ite. £370 for the car.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:55 am

Good call on the batsman Jules. Did you ever see him play?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:59 am

Inspired by Jeff's quiz, I read up on the challenger disaster earlier. Official reports could not confirm when the astronauts died, but it is widely believed that the 'cockpit' remained unbreached and pressurised until impact with the ocean. Not a nice way to go.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:08 am

20km drop. Blimey.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

seanmichaels wrote:Good call on the batsman Jules. Did you ever see him play?

By 'eck I taught him everything he knew when he were a lad.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:36 am

I've just watched the new Fantastic Four film, dear god it is terrible. Nothing happens for ages and then when something does happen you don't really care about it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:02 pm

I thought the build up was pretty decent but then nothing happened post visit to wherever it is they went. Doom coming back to earth was good but he was so easily defeated. One punch and that was it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:08 pm

The kid in the lead is a strange charisma vacuum as well. Thought the same in Whiplash but just wondered if that was the role, but apparently not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:48 pm

Rowley wrote:The kid in the lead is a strange charisma vacuum as well. Thought the same in Whiplash but just wondered if that was the role, but apparently not.

Hark at you Gompertz.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:52 pm

Just given in my sheep answers after abstaining from the last round. This after honourably giving up points in the first round. 

None of those quiz questions have I lived through the event that inspired them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:20 pm

Back in the room.

Survived my trip to that London the other week, quite big isn't it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:24 pm

Did you instinctively reach for your miner's helmet and torch when using the underground?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:27 pm

Helmet, lol.

I did ok once I'd worked out that the different trains have different coloured holding on bits that match the colour of the line on the wall, and that the trains go both ways.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:35 pm

I never knew that. I am supposedly going to that london this Friday. Sloane Square. From what I have heard there is likely to be a higher proportion of bell3nds there than both Stamford Bridge and the west car park at Twickenham.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:38 pm

Yes, I wanted a yellow line train but got on a brown one, ended up terminating at Aldgate.

Which was nice.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:43 pm

I said I wanted white ones, they sent us bloody black

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:08 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I never knew that. I am supposedly going to that london this Friday. Sloane Square. From what I have heard there is likely to be a higher proportion of bell3nds there than both Stamford Bridge and the west car park at Twickenham.

There will certainly be one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:22 pm

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I never knew that. I am supposedly going to that london this Friday. Sloane Square. From what I have heard there is likely to be a higher proportion of bell3nds there than both Stamford Bridge and the west car park at Twickenham.

l*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:27 pm

mexican bean wrap Quavers and citrus Oasis. 8/10

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:mexican bean wrap Quavers and citrus Oasis. 8/10

M&S? I had a that cranberry and Pork sausage roll. It was minging.

I am on a low saturates eating regime. The M&S value cheese and onion sandwich has 51% of your DRI saturate allowance. Incredible when you start looking at the green amber red guides on packaging.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:33 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:

l*l

nobhe@ds

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:34 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:mexican bean wrap Quavers and citrus Oasis. 8/10

M&S? I had a that cranberry and Pork sausage roll. It was minging.

I am on a low saturates eating regime. The M&S value cheese and onion sandwich has 51% of your DRI saturate allowance. Incredible when you start looking at the green amber red guides on packaging.

Yup its from M&S.

As for the rest wtf are you talking about you nonce.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next