The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua v Whyte Face Off

+21
keith legend
3fingers
Rodney
Rowley
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DuransHorse
kingraf
compelling and rich
Herman Jaeger
mobilemaster8
Guest82
ONETWOFOREVER
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
AdamT
OasisBFC
themadworldofjb
BoxingFan88
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Joshua v Whyte Face Off Empty Joshua v Whyte Face Off

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 03 Dec 2015, 2:25 pm

What did you think?

Basically saw Whyte being annoyed the whole time and AJ being chill. Was clear from Nelson's questions that Sky have a dog in this fight.

Can't see Whyte winning this.

Thoughts?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Joshua v Whyte Face Off Empty Re: Joshua v Whyte Face Off

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 03 Dec 2015, 2:32 pm

Not interested before I watched it..

Even less interested after.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 03 Dec 2015, 2:35 pm

Whyte didnt come across as composed at all, did he. Wanted a street fight. Although, it is clear he is an after thought in terms of Sky interest in the two.

AJ inside 4

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 03 Dec 2015, 3:02 pm

AJ in 2, not paying for it, hope nobody else does either, and if they do don't want to hear them moaning and complaining next year when every half decent matchup is pegged up to PPV.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 03 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm

Wow it was cringeworthy

Dillian offering Joshua a fight outside on the street, is he serious? What would that even prove?

Joshua did get rattled a little bit at times, but was mostly composed and looked like he was ready and prepared to do the business.

Seems like a one way hate to me

Don't get me started on the card....

PPV laughing laughing

Are any of the fighters on the card fighting someone in the top 20?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:15 am

If this fight was free I would watch it but I have no interest in paying for it. Joshua wins this easily.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 04 Dec 2015, 6:20 am

i thought it was fury who was rattled and whyte who was the confident (and a bit annoying) one.

fury was playing the smouldering cool, calm one but his eyes told a different story.
he's not the good boy sky are making him out to be. he's been a bit of a naughty lad in the past i reckon.

at the end of the day it's all pointless. you can't read anything about the fight in these things and i'm just massively surprised how HBO haven't sued sky for blatantly and unforgivably ripped off the format.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:02 am

OasisBFC wrote:i thought it was fury who was rattled and whyte who was the confident (and a bit annoying) one.

fury was playing the smouldering cool, calm one but his eyes told a different story.
he's not the good boy sky are making him out to be. he's been a bit of a naughty lad in the past i reckon.

Fury? You mean AJ, right??

Agree with your second paragraph, you see it most when he steps in the ring and catches his opponent. He's a spiteful puncher, vindictive and with a killer instinct - perfect for a heavyweight and a joy to watch.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:02 am

OasisBFC wrote:i thought it was fury who was rattled and whyte who was the confident (and a bit annoying) one.

at the end of the day it's all pointless. you can't read anything about the fight in these things and i'm just massively surprised how HBO haven't sued sky for blatantly and unforgivably ripped off the format.

Joshua I presume??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 04 Dec 2015, 11:20 am

We know joshua has been a naughty lad... he has a drug conviction. He's been well coached from a PR perspective into humble boy done good. In with the wrong crowd, turned his life around etc. I find it all a bit x-factor cheesey, and there's something about him I can't warm to... but I don't know the guy, he might be a top bloke off camera... and who didn't make a few mistakes when younger. Some of us are still making them.

He ignored Damian once, so he can't be all bad!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:04 pm

milkyboy wrote:We know joshua has been a naughty lad... he has a drug conviction. He's been well coached from a PR perspective into humble boy done good. In with the wrong crowd, turned his life around etc. I find it all a bit x-factor cheesey, and there's something about him I can't warm to... but I don't know the guy, he might be a top bloke off camera... and who didn't make a few mistakes when younger. Some of us are still making them.

Naughty lad???

Joshua was never a naughty lad. He was in possession of class b drugs nothing too serious. Whyte is a typical yardie bwoy straight from yard who looks at Joshua as soft. Joshua is from an African household and they are not as troublesome as African Caribbean's who have always been seen as such and don't get your knickers in a twist because I am from a Caribbean household myself.

Whyte sees through this bad boy turned good routine that Hearn has tried to present to the world. You see AFRICANS do not share the same history as people from the islands and a lot Africans look down on us because of our slave past. The truth is the Africans sold our decendants into slavery and this has put a needle between us ever since. So there is real animosity between us and them and you can see this being played out between Joshua and Whyte.

Afro Caribbeans have been here in the UK for a very long time and later Africans from Nigeria and places like Ghana came over. Their children have now grown up and basically taken over the place of the Afro Caribbean in certain aspects of society including the sporting world and entertainment.

I hope Joshua wins because I like him and he is a respectful man. I like the way Joshua carries himself and he can be a good role model hopefully the public will take to him like they did to Bruno. Whyte is mouthy and truth be told not as good a boxer then Joshua he will never be liked.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:17 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
milkyboy wrote:We know joshua has been a naughty lad... he has a drug conviction. He's been well coached from a PR perspective into humble boy done good. In with the wrong crowd, turned his life around etc. I find it all a bit x-factor cheesey, and there's something about him I can't warm to... but I don't know the guy, he might be a top bloke off camera... and who didn't make a few mistakes when younger. Some of us are still making them.

Naughty lad???

Joshua was never a naughty lad. He was in possession of class b drugs nothing too serious. Whyte is a typical yardie bwoy straight from yard who looks at Joshua as soft. Joshua is from an African household and they are not as troublesome as African Caribbean's who have always been seen as such and don't get your knickers in a twist because I am from a Caribbean household myself.

Whyte sees through this bad boy turned good routine that Hearn has tried to present to the world. You see AFRICANS do not share the same history as people from the islands and a lot Africans look down on us because of our slave past. The truth is the Africans sold our decendants into slavery and this has put a needle between us ever since. So there is real animosity between us and them and you can see this being played out between Joshua and Whyte.

Afro Caribbeans have been here in the UK for a very long time and later Africans from Nigeria and places like Ghana came over. Their children have now grown up and basically taken over the place of the Afro Caribbean in certain aspects of society including the sporting world and entertainment.

I hope Joshua wins because I like him and he is a respectful man. I like the way Joshua carries himself and he can be a good role model hopefully the public will take to him like they did to Bruno. Whyte is mouthy and truth be told not as good a boxer then Joshua he will never be liked.
Sounds to me that, now more than ever, you need to have a f*cking word with yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:24 pm

Well that escalated quickly. Fact is Whyte is Joshua's Coyle or Fielding. A domestic rival who has no chance in hell and will get beaten easily by the big star. The fact that they have put this on PPV is a joke. Ttying to make the fight bigger than it is.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:04 pm

My problem with Joshua is that he's so stage managed it's laughable....

Hearn has obviously seen how much money Bruno made from loving everyone and everything......

It's Bruno mark 2..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:14 pm

Wait and see if he goes to pot once he's tagged before you lump him in with Bruno. My hope is that Whyte at least lands flush on Joshua and we see what he does when he has someone who fights back. Not fussed about him being stage-managed although I am annoyed with fake grudge angle we have to have every five minutes. Hopefully it doesn't descend to the levels of Campbell and Coyle when Luke knew after three rounds he could finish his mate whenever he fancied but decided to make him look good by carrying him for nine.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:16 pm

I'm talking about his PR persona not his ring ability..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 8:10 pm

Think Joshua was genuinely a bit rattled, you could see he was struggling not to blow up a bit.

Ultimately doesn't really matter as I expect Joshua is way too good for Whyte so any kind of mental advantage is irrelevant.

If Joshua goes on further can see someone like Fury really rattling his cage though.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 9:36 pm

Think the key in this fight is speed. Joshua seems a hell of a lot quicker and that will be the difference I feel.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 05 Dec 2015, 10:26 am

Whyte's definitely got the edge on him but Chisora had a bit of an edge on Haye doesn't always mean anything.

Looking forward to it, is Joshua the real deal or will it all end in a puff of smoke?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 10:41 am

the advert is really annoying me to this, eddie hearn spouting "THIS IS THE BIGGEST FIGHT IN THE UK" nonsense!

you mean apart from when youll be flogging quigg v frampton, oh and anything else with fury in. oh there's brook v khan that would be bigger. groves v de gale would be bigger also. does this guy take us all for a mug

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 05 Dec 2015, 5:07 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Whyte sees through this bad boy turned good routine that Hearn has tried to present to the world. You see AFRICANS do not share the same history as people from the islands and a lot Africans look down on us because of our slave past. The truth is the Africans sold our decendants (I THINK YOU MEAN ANCESTORS) into slavery and this has put a needle between us ever since. So there is real animosity between us and them and you can see this being played out between Joshua and Whyte.

If it makes you feel better, Ethiopians look down on Africans because they never got colonized. And they have the Ark of the Covenant. And they have really good skin.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Dec 2015, 5:19 pm

compelling and rich wrote:the advert is really annoying me to this, eddie hearn spouting "THIS IS THE BIGGEST FIGHT IN THE UK" nonsense!

you mean apart from when youll be flogging quigg v frampton, oh and anything else with fury in. oh there's brook v khan that would be bigger. groves v de gale would be bigger also. does this guy take us all for a mug

Yes in the last couple of years Hearn has gone from fan-friendly boxing loving saviour (plenty of gullible types about) to stereotypical promoting fan fleecer...

However after Bellew-Cleverly he knows plenty of sports fans will buy it along with less discerning Boxing fans..

I'm giving it a miss but there are worse ways to spend 18 pebbles and that is what Hearn is counting on.

I'm old fashioned ...You should earn the right to be a PPV fighter...and Whyte looks crap anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 05 Dec 2015, 5:24 pm

I'm not buying it. Have a lot on next week. There are worse ways to spend money, but this ain't a PPV.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 05 Dec 2015, 6:33 pm

I'm old fashioned too, TRUSS. You have to earn the right to headline PPV's. Interesting face off but there's only one horse in this race for me. Anyone that pays and gets a 60 second, one-sided demolition gets what they deserve. In theory this should be a great opportunity to show Eddie that we fans have limits to what we'll pay a premium for. I fear we won't.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sat 05 Dec 2015, 8:27 pm

Well think i'm going to have a 50 quid flutter on Whyte (TKO) something tells me its David Price all over again.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sat 05 Dec 2015, 8:29 pm

The Blunkett aka Orical has spoken.... for the third time this year Smile
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Dec 2015, 8:30 pm

Why not have a bet on Aston Villa winning the premiership instead.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sat 05 Dec 2015, 8:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why not have a bet on Aston Villa winning the premiership instead.

why would I do that when they are bottom of the premiership?
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 05 Dec 2015, 8:54 pm

If you're giving away £50 there's better causes than a bookies pocket.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Dec 2015, 9:03 pm

Whyte has no chance...If he did Hearn wouldn't risk his gold mine..

Buy your Wife something nice instead....Like a rock climbing holiday from a cheap cowboy company..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 06 Dec 2015, 3:03 pm

DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why not have a bet on Aston Villa winning the premiership instead.

why would I do that when they are bottom of the premiership?

We got a point yesterday, don't rule out a late surge.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:36 pm

DuransHorse wrote:If you're giving away £50 there's better causes than a bookies pocket.

well im using a little of the money I won from Fury beating Kbot so why not? im sure people thought Price would walk over Thompson and look what happened there. I'm really not convinced about Joshua yet.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Whyte has no chance...If he did Hearn wouldn't risk his gold mine..

Buy your Wife something nice instead....Like a rock climbing holiday from a cheap cowboy company..

Why would I do that when I could show her the places you hang out on a Tuesday night for free?
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm

Very true..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:59 pm

Like Dave says im hoping Whyte tags Joshua and we'll see what he's made of. I still can't get my head around that he's this invicible destroyer - i watched him many times as an amateur and wasn't overly impressed - possibly the luckiest gold medal winner since the South Korean who jobbed Jones jnr.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:27 pm

Beating Whyte proves nothing.

You cant prove yourself against someone unproven.

Whyte Vs Chisora would be an interesting fight.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:28 pm

Yes good luck to Del, goes to show if you maintain a good level of opposition, win lose or draw, as long as you're competitive for the most part you can always get good fights.

He can probably still make a fair amount of money from the game and he deserves it because you can't say Chisora ever shies away from a challenge. We shouldn't hold a couple of losses against a fighter, I think, makes everyone too obsessed with the '0." Another bad loss though and then maybe he should have a think but there's still a fair bit left in the tank I think and he enjoys fighting.

Derek is too proud to roll over to anyone so yes, him against Joshua has a certain appeal. Want to see someone take Joshua a few rounds, hoping Whyte is going to do just that on Saturday.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:38 pm

DavidB, I see your point but the illusion here is that Whyte is some form of new test, whereas I'd say he's not really a step up, just an interesting fight. The only test here is to Joshua's mentality given he's lost to him before and he's being reminded of it daily. Will he start believing Whyte has his number? Not a chance for me but that's the PPV angle.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:44 pm

Can I just add, I'm getting the feeling that Joshua might be told to drag it out a bit. Just a few interviews I've seen. Anyone else get that feeling? Makes sense if you think about it as a one round blow out will look really bad on its PPV status given the pre fight public feelings. Joshua has said it'll go beyond 3.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by keith legend Sun 06 Dec 2015, 9:37 pm

I think Joshua will be over confident and get knocked out in 3 rounds

keith legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 9:42 pm

DuransHorse wrote:Can I just add, I'm getting the feeling that Joshua might be told to drag it out a bit. Just a few interviews I've seen. Anyone else get that feeling? Makes sense if you think about it as a one round blow out will look really bad on its PPV status given the pre fight public feelings.  Joshua has said it'll go beyond 3.

The fact he's a heavy and exciting are his main selling points...

An exciting early finish will raise his appeal more..

Think had Fury lost this PPV would sell better..

Tyson has stolen his thunder I'm afraid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:07 pm

That's stuff we all know, TRUSS.

My point was that a lot of people, myself included, are saying 'why would I pay for a seemingly mismatched PPV headline fight with two novices given it'll probably be over in 2 rounds?' I for one would be a smug 'I told you so' git the morning after. If they want PPV for him here on in they either have to match him tough or at least give a little more ring time at this level. I think Whyte needs to be more than a can to make a PPV point.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:08 pm

This will be a test for Joshua. Whyte is going to roll over like the other 14. He seems to have a half decent chin from what I've seen of him and Joshua doesn't have the world class power that we're meant to believe he does.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:33 pm

Whyte is an awkward opponent for Joshua and I think it will take him a few rounds to get to him. I think Whyte has a genuine dislike for Joshua. I suspect he has a chip on his shoulder because of Joshua's profile. He clearly feels he should have a bigger profile himself because he beat Joshua in the amateurs.

It does have a very similar feel to the Groves v DeGale fight. Groves felt bitter at DeGales profile because of the fact he won the amateur fight. On that occasion, Groves won. I don't think Whyte will be so lucky
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:53 am

Joshua within 2 rounds.

Hopefully Chisora next for Joshua and we might seem him get punched and go past 3 rounds for the first time at least because don't think we will see it here despite the hype about Whyte.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Mon 07 Dec 2015, 4:36 pm

I really can't see how Chisora is any more of a test than Whyte is at this stage? The Chisora that fought Vitali, yes absolutely. However Chisora looked completely shot to pieces against Fury the second time round. That coupled with his style of walking forward makes him meat and drink to Joshua.

He's proud enough to take the fight but he would get absolutely mullered within 2 rounds.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:27 pm

At least Chisora has been in with some decent fighters and shown he can take a few punches. Who has Whyte faced?

If Joshua destroys Chisora it would be a good cv filler, and shows he really has power.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:29 pm

Chisora has been in with some decent fighters.....and he's lost to all of them....

He's looking for a couple of paydays now before he's done.....He'll have no ambition whatsoever.....

Whyte is unbeaten....I imagine he'll have a bit of ambition until Joshua cracks him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:37 pm

cant see a chisora fight being any different than the kevin johnsen fight, a fighter whos been in with the best but a bit of a pudding who can take a shot. chisora is just a slightly better version but with no attacking arsenal so he doesn't stand a chance

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:00 pm

I only caught that face to face thing there today. Joshua is so manufactured that when he wasnt saying anything and was trying to stare Whyte down I actually thought Jonny Nelson had unplugged his batteries.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next