The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury stripped of IBF Title

+17
milkyboy
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
3fingers
Rodney
kingraf
rob-glos
Mr Bounce
Herman Jaeger
tunes666
DuransHorse
Duty281
wheelchair1991
spencerclarke
mobilemaster8
Fernando
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tyson Fury stripped of IBF Title - Page 2 Empty Tyson Fury stripped of IBF Title

Post by Fernando Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has been stripped of his IBF title less than two weeks after winning it.

The Briton, 27, had to agree to fight the IBF's mandatory challenger Vyacheslav Glazkov but will instead face Wladimir Klitschko in a rematch.

Fury beat Ukrainian Klitschko on points on 28 November to claim three versions of the heavyweight crown.

Lindsey Tucker, championships chairman at the IBF, told BBC Sport: "It's true he's been stripped of his IBF belt."

He added: "Our challenger was Vyacheslav Glazkov, but instead Fury's gone and signed a rematch clause with Wladimir Klitschko."

Fury, who is unbeaten in 25 professional contests, retains the WBA and WBO versions of the heavyweight title, while the WBC belt is held by American Deontay Wilder.

The 31-year-old Glazkov, also a Ukrainian, has won 21 of his 22 professional fights.

The contract for last month's title fight in Dusseldorf included a clause for a rematch, for which the date and the venue have to be decided, and Klitschko - who had been world champion for 11 years - announced last week he would take up the option

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury stripped of IBF Title - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyson Fury stripped of IBF Title

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Haz you do know that Charles wasn't recognised as the 'lineal' champion until he beat the retired Joe Louis right?

laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury stripped of IBF Title - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyson Fury stripped of IBF Title

Post by hazharrison Wed 09 Dec 2015, 3:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Haz you do know that Charles wasn't recognised as the 'lineal' champion until he beat the retired Joe Louis right?

laughing

Must be an in-joke.

*In my opinion.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 3:47 pm

Gene Tunney is still linear champion isn't he ???

Best dig him up..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 3:48 pm

It was Joe Baksi not Joe Louis, you need to pay more attention to these books you read.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Dec 2015, 3:50 pm

hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

It's one of the 'lineal' debates really hammer isn't it. Louis retires, the perceived two best challenger face off... at that point you could argue the winner, charles, is lineal. The old champion, Louis comes back... wasn't defeated in the ring... is he still lineal and the current champion no longer lineal? Or is Charles still Lineal because of louis' earlier retirement? The consensus I believe is that charles was only lineal after beating louis.  

I guess its muddled when a champion retires with the belt. Shortly after marciano went and did it  too... rather than unselfishly hang around until he took a good pasting so he could pass the belt on in the ring.

It's been ezzard charles week on here. Hopefully Haz will read another book soon, and we can get some alternative examples that aren't so confusing!

Hey, he's fresh in my mind, what can I say? I still have Greb and Ali in my in-tray - what do you fancy next?

is there a book 'mayweather or Louis, who ranks higher p4p?'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It was Joe Baksi not Joe Louis, you need to pay more attention to these books you read.

What was?

What was Joe Baksi?

Last edited by hazharrison on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:16 pm

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

It's one of the 'lineal' debates really hammer isn't it. Louis retires, the perceived two best challenger face off... at that point you could argue the winner, charles, is lineal. The old champion, Louis comes back... wasn't defeated in the ring... is he still lineal and the current champion no longer lineal? Or is Charles still Lineal because of louis' earlier retirement? The consensus I believe is that charles was only lineal after beating louis.  

I guess its muddled when a champion retires with the belt. Shortly after marciano went and did it  too... rather than unselfishly hang around until he took a good pasting so he could pass the belt on in the ring.

It's been ezzard charles week on here. Hopefully Haz will read another book soon, and we can get some alternative examples that aren't so confusing!

Hey, he's fresh in my mind, what can I say? I still have Greb and Ali in my in-tray - what do you fancy next?

is there a book  'mayweather or Louis, who ranks higher p4p?'

Why would anyone write a book on something so obvious RC?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:29 pm

hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Napoleon, You're harsh on Louis. I don't think floyd's higher ranking is that obvious.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:50 pm

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Napoleon, You're harsh on Louis. I don't think floyd's higher ranking is that obvious.

Terrible RC....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 10 Dec 2015, 3:12 pm

It will be interesting to see who gets a shot at the belt first, AJ or Hayemaker
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Dec 2015, 11:06 am

Interesting update from Dan Raf.

Apparently the IBF has said that the K-Fury fight contract they were sent didn't have a rematch claue (suspicous given that the K's are infamous for their 'slave contracts') and that if they had been sent the final one which did, they would have insisted that a clause was inserted such that the mandatory challenger was fought by the victor first before any rematch or the IBF would have refused to sanction the fight.....

That said, the IBF also said 'Hat Man' was innocent....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 Dec 2015, 12:12 pm

Of course they would...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Fri 11 Dec 2015, 12:22 pm

We just need to accept the fact that Kathy Duva has manipulated this whole situation
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Fri 11 Dec 2015, 9:31 pm

This was taken from ib times

To be clear, Tyson Fury must fight Vyacheslav Glazkov next," the IBF chief told World Boxing News. "If they agree terms before December 11 we cancel the purse bid. If it goes to a purse bid, the winning bidder has 90 days to do the fight. Regarding the Klitschko rematch taking precedence, it's just the opposite as the mandatory takes priority of the re-match.

"In fact Rule 3B Return Bout states: No contract for a Championship contest shall contain any clause or provision, whatsoever, guaranteeing or in any way assuring or promising either contestant a return Championship contest where such clause or provision interferes with the mandatory defence of the Title."

It would seem that Wladimir Klitschkos team have drawn up a contract that had terms that conflict with the IBF.

I bet if Warren was Furys manager he would be at least looking into suing the Klitschko camp for Tyson having to relinquish a belt through their own lack of due diligence in their own contract..

Sounds to me that either the Klitschko camp didn't know - which case their lawyer is at fault or they didnt care because they thought they would never lose!

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2