The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby clubs can resell Wales international tickets

4 posters

Go down

Rugby clubs can resell Wales international tickets Empty Rugby clubs can resell Wales international tickets

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:23 am

Hmmmm, I am not to sure about this. Should clubs be making a profit on international tickets ? I know clubs in the past have been stung and left with expensive tickets on their hands, but I am strongly against touts, and in affect, this is what the clubs will be doing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-35104699

I reckon though this will only affect games between England and the big three from the SH. Most other match day tickets would be readily available through other outlets for face value. But what worries me is, that in a case where there could be a 6N title decider, or a GS decider, the clubs could charge what ever they liked.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Rugby clubs can resell Wales international tickets Empty Re: Rugby clubs can resell Wales international tickets

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:34 am

Agree with your concerns. It bothers me hugely that you often have to go to ticketing websites and pay double face value for tickets a mere matter of hours after they go on sale to the public, and whilst the endeavour to get tickets to rugby clubs so that "real fans" don't miss out is worthwhile, I actually think tickets which are not used by those clubs should be bought back by the Union only and then sold at face value legitimately through the official website. Any club looking to make profit from this should be removed from the circulation for tickets in the first place.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Rugby clubs can resell Wales international tickets Empty Re: Rugby clubs can resell Wales international tickets

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:40 am

Those are my sentiments exactly FES, this just does not sit well with me.... chin

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:40 am

Well, if people are spending that money anyway that is just going to touts, I'd rather it went back to rugby clubs personally .. but can see why others would rather they go back for general sale

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:42 am

Wonder who got paid at the WRU to make this happen. Only allowed to resell via TicketMaster's SeatWave platfom. I agree that the Union should be buying them back off of the clubs and resold at face value. If they are not sold the Union absorbs the cost. Not a fan of this at all.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:56 am

I think they're just trying to gain some control over something that happens regardless. A bit like legalising drugs or prostitution - if the government does that then they can at least have some semblance of control and influence to make things a bit safer or more 'legit'. Sort of. I guess the WRU are trying to do that so that the black market becomes a bit less..... um..... black?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down