The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye fight to be streamed live by Youtube

+15
rob-glos
neilodonnell
TopHat24/7
spencerclarke
milkyboy
smashingstormcrow
Mr Bounce
Dipper Brown
Atila
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
kingraf
catchweight
Rowley
wheelchair1991
19 posters

Go down

Haye fight to be streamed live by Youtube Empty Haye fight to be streamed live by Youtube

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Is this a viable option for future fights? Or does it show desperation and that niether Sky or Boxnation were interested in Haye?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Haye fight to be streamed live by Youtube Empty Re: Haye fight to be streamed live by Youtube

Post by Rowley Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:30 pm

The latter seems the more likely. Doing something for the fans hardly seems a very Haye thing to do. Seems a reflection of the general indifference that has greeted this comeback.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Haye fight to be streamed live by Youtube Empty Re: Haye fight to be streamed live by Youtube

Post by catchweight Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:32 pm

I dont know how far off the ground this planned Haye comeback will get. This is a bit of a joke opponent irrespective of being inactive. Shannon Briggs would probably provide a tougher test.

Wilder and Fury look to be tied up with commitments for the next 6 months at least. Im not sure Matchroom will want him for Joshua yet. They would probably prefer a title on the line for the fight to take place.

Is Haye going to hang around fighting Marco di Moris and trying to talk his way back into the picture?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:40 pm

I think it definitely has the potential to be viable, the internet/youtube is the way forward, many channels have way more viewers than mainstream tv. Revenue will be the only stumbling block.

As for Haye and his comeback I'd imagine the broadcastors & promoters etc are going to be weary dealing with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Apparently according to reports Haye is doing this so he can keep a larger percentage of his purse, he says 'its a thank you to the fans' though. De Mori is ranked #105 on boxrec. Read into that what you will.

Lots of tickets have been given away for the show i know that as i have two for free

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:50 pm

[quote="wheelchair1991"]Apparently according to reports Haye is doing this so he can keep a larger percentage of his purse, he says 'its a thank you to the fans' though.  De Mori is ranked #105 on boxrec.  Read into that what you will.

Lots of tickets have been given away for the show i know that as i have two for free[/quote]

Nice OK

I really think broadcasting through Youtube, Facebook and various social media will be the future, the UFC already airs the prelim fights on their Facebook page and website.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Is this through his own YT channel or is YouTube putting this up?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Its definitely the future though. YT in particular. They have a wad of cash to bank roll sport.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:52 pm

kingraf wrote:Its definitely the future though.  YT in particular. They have a wad of cash to bank roll sport.

Interesting. I hadn't given it any thought, they are after all owned by google.

Its your generation that are going to decide this. Back in the day when we only had 4 channels they dictated to us what we watched, now with your generation its going to be vice versa and how you watch. I've just seen that the UFC have a new reality show starting in January and will be streaming it on Youtube 3-7 after.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:00 pm

kingraf wrote:Is this through his own YT channel or is YouTube putting this up?

Reportedly through Haye's own YT channel

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Are they going to have the bandwidth available to do a mass stream? Might be laggy as hell

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:52 pm

They did the Felix Baumgartner space dive without any issues as far as I can recall.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:58 am

sohotnot wrote:
kingraf wrote:Its definitely the future though.  YT in particular. They have a wad of cash to bank roll sport.

Its your generation that are going to decide this. Back in the day when we only had 4 channels they dictated to us what we watched, now with your generation its going to be vice versa and how you watch. I've just seen that the UFC have a new reality show starting in January and will be streaming it on Youtube 3-7 after.
You're making me feel old. I remember when we had only 3 channels and when Channel 4 started broadcasting in the early 80's.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:50 am

its a shame it's in Haye's channel. Not for him I suppose. Gives him a bigger slice of what doesn't seem to be a particularly big cake at the moment. But it would have given YT a really good dry run for showing sports live themselves at a reasonably cheap price. Given how reliant on advertising they are Live Sport is an unused gold mine.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:04 pm

YouTube show a fair bit of live sport from time to time. Argentine domestic football is on there on the futbol para todos channel and it works brilliantly. It's great as there isn't a UK tv deal so I can catch it there for free!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Well it certainly isn't something I am going to bother watching. De Mori's drawn with the "formidable" Alex Leapai (on Leapai's debut) and was obliterated by a no-mark with more losses than wins. This won't go on long.

As for the You Tube thing, I've never investigated anyone's YouTube channel (technologically illiterate, me) - are there subscriptions to pay? Surely Haye's "TV" money won't be coming from advertising alone?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Atila wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

You're making me feel old. I remember when we had only 3 channels and when Channel 4 started broadcasting in the early 80's.

I felt old as I typed it! Wink And I must confess to remembering when C4 started

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:23 am

sohotnot wrote:
Atila wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

I felt old as I typed it! Wink And I must confess to remembering when C4 started
C4 started in 1982 and I remember it was a big deal because now we would have FOUR CHANNELS! Laugh

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Is there anything Haye can do in this fight to impress enough, and make us think he's a credible force again? I would have thought a one/two round demolition job would be fairly meaningless.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Atila wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
Atila wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

C4 started in 1982 and I remember it was a big deal because now we would have FOUR CHANNELS! Laugh

They never told us it would only show countdown, brookside, the Paul hogan show and st elsewhere... Or we might have been less excited! They got some longevity out of a few of them to be fair.

It makes us feel old gents, because we are old.

As for David haye. I don't care too much who broadcasts it or how they do it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:43 am

I noticed on a page on facebook that the fight is now to go ahead on Dave. I'm guessing this was a poor attempt at a joke?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:44 am

Although he is a big fan.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:23 am

I saw/read 'Dave' on Twitter too. Maybe it's becoming like the old Spike and FHM channels....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Frak I was hoping to catch it online. Frak Haye
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:22 pm

It's been confirmed by 'Dave'.

Can't see this being very lucrative for Haye.

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Barely cover his costs.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Dave.

Unbelievable Jeff.....

That's got to be pretty humbling for the hayemaker!

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:13 pm

If you chuck an episode of Mock the Week on either side of it then that's a winning formula.....

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:18 pm

rob-glos wrote:Dave.

Unbelievable Jeff.....

Haye agrees to perform on Dave - the moment DAVE667 became DAVE69

Sorry.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Ironic that it'll be on a channel that shows comedy acts that are no longer relevant.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 pm

l*l

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:04 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
rob-glos wrote:Dave.

Unbelievable Jeff.....

Haye agrees to perform on Dave - the moment DAVE667 became DAVE69

Sorry.

F*ck you Shah, it'll be DAVE667 (with a reacharound and a cuddle afterwards)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:55 am

Doubt Haye sees the fight being on Dave as humbling..probably thinks it's cool. I quite like it as well..refreshing and a little out of the box which is something boxers aren't noted for.

Whilst not a title fight, I think this fight has enough interest for most TV companies to have been intetested

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down