The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Will We Be Calling #HayeDaye come Monday morning?

+3
TopHat24/7
armchairwarrior
hazharrison
7 posters

Go down

What Will We Be Calling #HayeDaye come Monday morning? Empty What Will We Be Calling #HayeDaye come Monday morning?

Post by hazharrison Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:26 am

#SlayDay? #GoAwayDay?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

What Will We Be Calling #HayeDaye come Monday morning? Empty Re: What Will We Be Calling #HayeDaye come Monday morning?

Post by armchairwarrior Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:11 pm

Dave on Dave...Haye isn't really a Dave though is he?

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

What Will We Be Calling #HayeDaye come Monday morning? Empty Re: What Will We Be Calling #HayeDaye come Monday morning?

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:58 pm

Complete and utter dross. Funniest bit being laughing at the idiots that paid for it...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

I'm calling it the #BetThatGotAwayDay

Went to the cinema to watch Creed and coming out saw Haye's mug on a TV screen (remembering I'd forgotten to bet). Massive DOHs all round.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:41 pm

How much were the tickets to be at the O2? Everyone was cheering when Haye flattened this walking punchbag who would struggle to get a bouncers job at my local Wetherspoons yet if you had paid a lot of money for that would you really be pleased at the quick and easy result?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 4:04 pm

Steffan wrote:How much were the tickets to be at the O2? Everyone was cheering when Haye flattened this walking punchbag who would struggle to get a bouncers job at my local Wetherspoons yet if you had paid a lot of money for that would you really be pleased at the quick and easy result?
Tocker Pudwill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jan 2016, 4:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Steffan wrote:How much were the tickets to be at the O2? Everyone was cheering when Haye flattened this walking punchbag who would struggle to get a bouncers job at my local Wetherspoons yet if you had paid a lot of money for that would you really be pleased at the quick and easy result?
?
Dave, for starters Tocker Pudwill was a last minute replacement but are you actually capable of discussing David Haye without referring back to a boxer who has been retired for the last 7 years just because I am a fan of his and he is Welsh?

Why don't you try actually talking about David Haye and what you think the future holds for him

If you think his last fight was a valid one and something he can learn from then please feel free to give me your opinion and try to make me see that my opinion of his latest fight (his first in 3 and half years I will add) was a complete farce is wrong. This is an opinion other people hold but I didn't see you target their posts

I am all up for constructive debate. If you are capable that is...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 4:35 pm

Steffan wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
?
Dave, for starters Tocker Pudwill was a last minute replacement but are you actually capable of discussing David Haye without referring back to a boxer who has been retired for the last 7 years just because I am a fan of his and he is Welsh?

Why don't you try actually talking about David Haye and what you think the future holds for him

If you think his last fight was a valid one and something he can learn from then please feel free to give me your opinion and try to make me see that my opinion of his latest fight (his first in 3 and half years I will add) was a complete farce

I am all up for constructive debate. If you are capable that is...
Will McIntyre, Evans Ashira..should I go on? Calzaghe had so many stinkers fighting for his world title when he was arguably the best SM out there, it's rich of you to criticize Haye having a "gimme" after being out for three years. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of JC in his pomp but like many, knew he wasted his best years and would have been better served chasing the big fights in the US and maybe losing a couple than clinging to his precious "0". Anyway.........

What Haye may have learned ...
He still has the desire to get in the ring and fight.
His shoulder held up after surgery and shouldn't hamper his ability to render opponents unconscious.
He may have lost a fraction of the speed he had but his general boxing ability is sufficient to prove he's not a fish out of water
After p!ssing off a large portion of his fanbase there's still some love for him out there but he's still got to earn back the trust of a lot of fans.
The interview with Paul Dempsey demonstrated that a smart and canny observer will not let Haye get away with excuses and hyperbole.
He has a trainer who seems more interested in making him a better fighter than taking centre stage.
He's far from being in the last chance saloon as far as actual fights but when it comes to taking liberties with the boxing public, a bit of humility and contrition will go a long way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jan 2016, 4:55 pm

Right well now we are talking in a constructively

I may not be Haye's biggest fan but I don't deny that on his day he can provide good entertainment

I just hope now for his sake and the good of boxing he shuts up, puts up and tries to prove all his doubters wrong

Who should Haye fight next then? He has proven that he has the fans to follow him but I don't think even the hardcore from Saturday would pay for another stinker like that

Eddie wont put Joshua anywhere near him even if he thought AJ would win. Too much PPV "prospect" money to cash in on yet

Needs to be a Ring rated top 10 at the very least for me

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 5:01 pm

Haye couldn't have learned d!ck from this weekend's fight.

Desire - no. Doesn't take much desire to get up for a bodybuilding club-fighter for an absurd paypacket. Desire was more likely to be generated by his financial struggles.

Shouler - no. 2 mins and a dozen punches didn't test sh*t.

Not a fish - of course not. Was a given already.

Love - actually maybe. This fight was certainly a gullability check.

Etc..etc...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 5:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Haye couldn't have learned d!ck from this weekend's fight.

Desire - no. Doesn't take much desire to get up for a bodybuilding club-fighter for an absurd paypacket. Desire was more likely to be generated by his financial struggles.

Not a fish - of course not.  Was a given already.

Etc..etc...
Which you know for a fact because.....? Oh wait, you don't, you're just talking balls again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:36 pm

Dave - the self-proclaimed 'home of witty banter' - reported an average audience of 1.3m over the two-hour show with a peak of three million.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 19 Jan 2016, 8:33 am

Fernando wrote:Dave - the self-proclaimed 'home of witty banter' - reported an average audience of 1.3m over the two-hour show with a peak of three million.

Hopefully this will be enough to make them try some more shows.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by jon200 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 8:45 am

Personally I'm glad to see Haye back and hope he stays injury free. I honestly don't see why people are so anti-Haye.

I think the fight on Saturday was a valid one to see how the shoulder holds up, how the new trainer's ideas hold up in a fight scenario and to work off some ring rust.

Now that's out of the way, on to a more meaningful fight. AJ would be interesting, but don't think Hearn will touch it. Maybe Haye could go for someone like Pulev or Stiverne?

Last edited by jon200 on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

jon200

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 9:15 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Haye couldn't have learned d!ck from this weekend's fight.

Not a fish - of course not.  Was a given already.

Etc..etc...
Which you know for a fact because.....? Oh wait, you don't, you're just talking balls again.

Plenty of rhetoric out there about CC payment rejections, bounced cheques, other financial issues etc. As much as to support any of your contentions, certainly.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down