The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US presidential elections

+34
No 7&1/2
Ent
GSC
ONETWOFOREVER
Coxy001
McLaren
lostinwales
SecretFly
aucklandlaurie
dyrewolfe
profitius
superflyweight
Dave.
Dolphin Ziggler
dummy_half
Galted
Rowley
Scottrf
rIck_dAgless
Hero
aja424
Pal Joey
navyblueshorts
Mad for Chelsea
Mind the windows Tino.
Duty281
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
Lowlandbrit
Pr4wn
TopHat24/7
kingraf
spencerclarke
38 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

US presidential elections - Page 14 Empty US presidential elections

Post by spencerclarke Tue 2 Feb - 7:41

First topic message reminder :

Morning all,

So after the win in Iowa for Ted Cruz last night where do we see this going?

I'm thinking Clinton v Rubio. Lots of twists and turns still to come though.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

US presidential elections - Page 14 Empty Re: US presidential elections

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 5 Oct - 17:32

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Pence has got to undo some of Trump's mess tomorrow night and try and get some momentum back in Trump's campaign...

Whitewater
Foundation
Bengazi
Server...
Illegal.

Are all words he needs to repeat ad nauseum.

Pence won the VP debate for Trump without doing much........Kaine tried to filibuster, was rude and pretty cheap......

Comfortable victory....Even CNN (The Clinton areslicking network) had him winning...

These guys should be made to watch Gore v Bush.......Where substance loses to a jerk...Because of boorish behaviour..

Very minor victory for team Trump....But Trump could do worse than watch his running mate and learn !!.......Just sit there and think "Why should I murder a man committing suicide!".

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Oct - 12:00

Hurricane Matthew is about to hit Florida..............So Clinton buys a load of advertising on The Weather channel in Florida....

If you didn't laugh you'd cry..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 6 Oct - 12:11

SecretFly wrote:Well there you go.  We're all, as usual, back to square one. Wink  Two candidates that practically every commentator says they wish were two different people - but still left to decide on democratic principles to pick one or the other.

On the Nuclear war thing - it's hard to predict which candidate would press the button quicker because you hope neither of them are fool enough to do it, but I'd seriously believe blustering Trump is less likely to do so.  Don't forget he's the man who makes an effort to tone down the tensions and angry language between Russia and America.
What does Hillary do?  Yep, she insults Putin in roughly Trumpesque ways.  
Russia isn't Putin.  We should bypass Putin and talk directly to Russians talk about the similarities of cultures between Russia and the 'West' not talk up the conflict any chance we get.  Russians go to work, go to school, go on holidays, watch TV, play sport, are smart and intelligent and educated people and not aliens with ray guns.  That Cold War tale was attempted before and who eventually helped bring that madness to an end?

Who?  Mad man, eternally the butt of all jokes, senile old Hollywood actor fool, Reagan.  The warmonger who talked hard in his early years, and the guy everyone was afraid might actually press the button, was one of the main players in ending the tensions and offering the hand of peace.  Don't always believe the cover of the book is the moral of the tale.

On the flip side, many Russians are deeply xenophobic, homophobic, misogynists, thugs and criminals. There are also many who still worship  Stalin and completely buy into Putin's attempts to recreate the Soviet Union (just look at the ones in Eastern Ukraine).

Yes, guys like Gorbachev and Yeltsin were the pleasant, moderate face of modern Russia, but I feel men like them are very much a minority among the movers and shakers. Men like Putin are the ones we are going to have to deal with.

Also, how is communicating directly with ordinary Russians going to achieve anything (even if such a thing were possible)? AFAIK all media is still pretty heavily censored over there - especially anything thats negative about the government. Are you hoping to inspire some sort of revolution that will turn the country into a Western-friendly democracy?

Both sides have to be ready and want peace, before it can be achieved...otherwise its unlikely Reagan would have a played a part in the thawing of the Cold War.

Say what you like about Trump and Clinton, but the former has absolutely no experience in domestic politics, let alone international diplomacy. Given the choice I'd go for experience every time. Personally I think Putin is contemptible and while I agree its not good practice to insult people you may have to work with, its understandable. Not that Vlad will give a flying fig one way or the other.

Think we are essentially on a Cold War footing again. Putin isn't someone the West can work with...he will do what he wants, where he wants and when he wants. All we can hope for is that moderate forces in the Russian government prevail again some time fairly soon.

Also the whole "nuclear button" thing is a giant non-issue. Putin is the most militaristic of everyone involved and even he isn't mad enough to push the button, just like all his predecessors. The whole point of Mutually Assured Destruction is that all parties know they will be utterly annihilated. I think we have more reason to fear the North Koreans as their leadership is certifiably insane...if they ever do get a working delivery system for their nukes... Shocked
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 6 Oct - 13:21

dyrewolfe wrote:

On the flip side, many Russians are deeply xenophobic, homophobic, misogynists, thugs and criminals. There are also many who still worship  Stalin and completely buy into Putin's attempts to recreate the Soviet Union (just look at the ones in Eastern Ukraine).

Yes, guys like Gorbachev and Yeltsin were the pleasant, moderate face of modern Russia, but I feel men like them are very much a minority among the movers and shakers. Men like Putin are the ones we are going to have to deal with.

Also, how is communicating directly with ordinary Russians going to achieve anything (even if such a thing were possible)? AFAIK all media is still pretty heavily censored over there - especially anything thats negative about the government. Are you hoping to inspire some sort of revolution that will turn the country into a Western-friendly democracy?

You see this is the problem with so readily believing the propaganda that it's all a big global Them v Us again.  And that's actually neat for both sides (at a political level).  Indeed, I'm a little cynical about the truth behind this sudden return to a Cold War setting with Russia.  It seems way too neat a story, and those of us old enough remember the fables and stories during the last one.  Does political Russia and America secretly conspire together to create a great un-complex polarised world again in their Image? - with a return to happy regions 'of influence' that cower under the protective arm of one system or the other?  It's a neat way for both sides to divide out the world between them yet one more time and benefit financially from the increased need for military 'readiness' that the bad old days offered.

Anyway, back to your points.  Believing the propaganda too easily.  Falling in line with the narrative of the West against the Great Bear in the East.

On the flip side of that much-too-neat a tale, many Americans and Europeans are also "deeply xenophobic, homophobic, misogynists, thugs and criminals. There are also many who still worship the idea that Russia will forever be the eternal ideological Enemy Number 1, and completely buy into their Leaders' attempts to reinstate the ideological Iron Wall between West and East (just look at the Western approved coup against the legitimately elected Ukrainian Leader).

When we talk of how dangerous and 'typically Russian' someone like Putin is, we forget that as Russia was dominated by Tzars like Stalin, Europe itself was ruled by Fascists and dictators.  
Is Europe's history so clean that we should trust it with the tools of 'democracy' today?  Do we need a big bad neighbour to the east to be scared of?  I'm afraid enough of the kind of people gunning for power in heartland Europe itself... with their talk of the need for a great European army, to protect the 'peoples of Europe' from the great external aggressors.  Talk like that scares the living daylights out of me.  To me they are excuses for Empire imposed on Europe itself, from inside not outside.  That's been tried before too with very bloody results.  So forgive me if I don't bow to the fragile idea of 'Western Democracy'. Wink  Democracy in Europe is only an experiment that already some EUcrats seem to be getting bored with.

There are many methods of talking to Russians over the head of Putin - and allowing the West to highlight the similar values and potential for a common friendship based on a trust of each other rather than the constant insults.  You talk of Russia and ridicule the notion that it could ever be swayed into being a 'Western Friendly Democracy' and yet watch the UK government sign deals with China on mega-buck but highly sensitive infrastructure projects in the UK itself.  Are you going to tell me that China is a much more preferable example of 'democratic' principles with strong western-style values of press freedom, political freedom and social justice for all?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Oct - 14:35

SecretFly wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

You see this is the problem with so readily believing the propaganda that it's all a big global Them v Us again.  And that's actually neat for both sides (at a political level).  Indeed, I'm a little cynical about the truth behind this sudden return to a Cold War setting with Russia.  It seems way too neat a story, and those of us old enough remember the fables and stories during the last one.  Does political Russia and America secretly conspire together to create a great un-complex polarised world again in their Image? - with a return to happy regions 'of influence' that cower under the protective arm of one system or the other?  It's a neat way for both sides to divide out the world between them yet one more time and benefit financially from the increased need for military 'readiness' that the bad old days offered.

Anyway, back to your points.  Believing the propaganda too easily.  Falling in line with the narrative of the West against the Great Bear in the East.

On the flip side of that much-too-neat a tale, many Americans and Europeans are also "deeply xenophobic, homophobic, misogynists, thugs and criminals. There are also many who still worship the idea that Russia will forever be the eternal ideological Enemy Number 1, and completely buy into their Leaders' attempts to reinstate the ideological Iron Wall between West and East (just look at the Western approved coup against the legitimately elected Ukrainian Leader).

When we talk of how dangerous and 'typically Russian' someone like Putin is, we forget that as Russia was dominated by Tzars like Stalin, Europe itself was ruled by Fascists and dictators.  
Is Europe's history so clean that we should trust it with the tools of 'democracy' today?  Do we need a big bad neighbour to the east to be scared of?  I'm afraid enough of the kind of people gunning for power in heartland Europe itself... with their talk of the need for a great European army, to protect the 'peoples of Europe' from the great external aggressors.  Talk like that scares the living daylights out of me.  To me they are excuses for Empire imposed on Europe itself, from inside not outside.  That's been tried before too with very bloody results.  So forgive me if I don't bow to the fragile idea of 'Western Democracy'. Wink  Democracy in Europe is only an experiment that already some EUcrats seem to be getting bored with.

There are many methods of talking to Russians over the head of Putin - and allowing the West to highlight the similar values and potential for a common friendship based on a trust of each other rather than the constant insults.  You talk of Russia and ridicule the notion that it could ever be swayed into being a 'Western Friendly Democracy' and yet watch the UK government sign deals with China on mega-buck but highly sensitive infrastructure projects in the UK itself.  Are you going to tell me that China is a much more preferable example of 'democratic' principles with strong western-style values of press freedom, political freedom and social justice for all?

Biggest bunch of garbage I've read in ages....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 6 Oct - 14:51

You just go on believing the hype, Truss. Look out for those Commies under your bed at night now Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 6 Oct - 15:01

Never seen so much Jello chucked at a wall......in the vain attempt to get some of it to stick..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 6 Oct - 15:33

Nothing funnier than an avowed history man who believes doggedly in the surface that 'approved' history presents.

History itself keeps reminding us that we never should.

History lovers are weird people.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 6 Oct - 16:00

SecretFly calling someone weird Laugh

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 6 Oct - 16:07

Yeah, 606 is stuffed with weird folk who think Bernie Sanders was the greatest President America never had Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 6 Oct - 17:01

Just looking over some of Bernie's recent tweets for fun............... he's a pretty weird guy, isn't he?

Here's a few good ones:

"I don't want to live in a country where seniors are trying to live on $10,000 a year, where we have veterans sleeping out on the streets."

Well he has - all his life.  Now he's suggesting that present reality is only a possible future if people vote Trump?

"How many scientists, engineers and teachers aren't getting an education because their families lack the income to pay for college?"

Bernie, if these people are scientists, engineers and teachers, that means their families have already paid for their education and the education period of their lives is over.

"Last year, the 5 largest drug companies made $50 billion in profit. Meanwhile, 1 in 5 Americans can't afford to fill their prescriptions."

But..........

"Hillary Clinton holds the radical view we should listen to scientists. Compared to Republicans today that's sadly a pretty radical idea."

Are these some of the same scientists that assist drug companies make $50billion profit?  Listen to those scientists, Bernie.  They need that money.

Weird guy.  

I'm annoyed I didn't listen to more of him when he actually was in the running for the White House.  This was the great white hope? Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 6 Oct - 17:54

I think you have a problem. Either you're a complete moron or you're a terrible troll.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 6 Oct - 18:01

Oh relax Pr4.

But I'm repeating myself. I've said that before. You take life way way too seriously but seem determined to sustain the effort despite my pleading.

What's a 'troll' by the way? A guy who waits under a bridge to catch an unsuspecting idiot passing by?

You've been under quite a few bridges that I've been crossing lately - haven't you.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 6 Oct - 18:25

picard

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 6 Oct - 18:31

Picard it all you will - you're the guy trolling me these last few days, aren't you.  So don't bring up a word unless you're familiar with the definition.

But I don't care. Smile  'Troll' away - it keeps some of these threads going.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 7 Oct - 11:43

SecretFly wrote:Just looking over some of Bernie's recent tweets for fun............... he's a pretty weird guy, isn't he?

Here's a few good ones:

"I don't want to live in a country where seniors are trying to live on $10,000 a year, where we have veterans sleeping out on the streets."

Well he has - all his life.  Now he's suggesting that present reality is only a possible future if people vote Trump?

"How many scientists, engineers and teachers aren't getting an education because their families lack the income to pay for college?"

Bernie, if these people are scientists, engineers and teachers, that means their families have already paid for their education and the education period of their lives is over.

"Last year, the 5 largest drug companies made $50 billion in profit. Meanwhile, 1 in 5 Americans can't afford to fill their prescriptions."

But..........

"Hillary Clinton holds the radical view we should listen to scientists. Compared to Republicans today that's sadly a pretty radical idea."

Are these some of the same scientists that assist drug companies make $50billion profit?  Listen to those scientists, Bernie.  They need that money.

Weird guy.  

I'm annoyed I didn't listen to more of him when he actually was in the running for the White House.  This was the great white hope? Wink
You're generalising and deliberately misinterpreting. Pretty sure we can all see through it Very Happy .
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 7 Oct - 12:38

Trump is ten points down in the latest poll.......

He is drinking in the last chance saloon.......Going to have to a better job on Sunday of bringing down the smug, corrupt, man-hating dragon....

This election is like picking between Michael Myers or Jason...

Take some lessons from Reagan v Carter.."There you go...again !!!"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 7 Oct - 12:54

SecretFly wrote:
You see this is the problem with so readily believing the propaganda that it's all a big global Them v Us again.

Whats this "propaganda" you refer to? I simply watch / read / listen to the news, read relevant historical information and draw my own conclusions.

As for a "global Them vs Us" situation, that wasn't and isn't my view of the Cold War. Far too simplistic.

Primarily, it was a clash of political ideologies that began with the end of WWII. The West didn't believe in the Communist doctrine (developed by Marx and Lenin prior to WWI) and were alarmed at how rapidly it spread throughout the Eastern Bloc and south-east Asia.

The situation was exacerbated by the other big issue - the nuclear arms race: who could have the most and biggest bombs and the best delivery systems.

Then you had both sides trying to push their own agendas while thwarting the other side and keeping tensions just below the point at which someone might be tempted to push the Big Red Button (Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Afghanistan to name a few). Basically a giant game of political chicken.

Ironically, your entire response to my post smacks of someone who has been brainwashed with some sort of propaganda.

SecretFly wrote:
And that's actually neat for both sides (at a political level). Indeed, I'm a little cynical about the truth behind this sudden return to a Cold War setting with Russia. It seems way too neat a story, and those of us old enough remember the fables and stories during the last one. Does political Russia and America secretly conspire together to create a great un-complex polarised world again in their Image? - with a return to happy regions 'of influence' that cower under the protective arm of one system or the other? It's a neat way for both sides to divide out the world between them yet one more time and benefit financially from the increased need for military 'readiness' that the bad old days offered.

What are these "legends and fables" you refer to? Dunno about you but I'm sticking with such historical and contemporary evidence as I can find and yes, I'm aware history tends to be written by the winners and to be careful to check sources where possible.

"Cold War II" is a very different beast to the last one. For starters the (perceived) threat of Communism is now negligible, as far as a spreading political influence. The only major threat now is from China and that is more in an economic and military sense.

There is no longer a nuclear arms race and North Korea aside, I don't believe there is anyone genuinely willing to use nuclear weapons (terrorists and "dirty bombs" are another matter entirely).

All that remains from before is the "war by proxy" - supporting other nations in their conflicts and decrying the efforts of the other side, blaming them for atrocities etc.

It should be noted Russia and China are the only countries actively seeking territorial expansion, so I don't know where your "divide the world up" comment is coming from. Sounds like more socialist propaganda / rhetoric.

Secret Fly wrote:

Difference is back then it was perfectly acceptable to simply invade another country and there was no nuclear threat. Also, with the exception of one rather notorious Austrian, dictators tended to stick to ruling their countries with an iron fist, as typically their militaries weren't in great shape. Franco actually needed assistance from Germany and Mussolini just jumped on their coat tails to fulfil his fantasies of a second Roman empire.

Secret Fly wrote:
Is Europe's history so clean that we should trust it with the tools of 'democracy' today?

Depends how far back you want to go. Look hard enough and everyone has skeletons in their closets.

Secret Fly wrote:
Do we need a big bad neighbour to the east to be scared of?

Quite frankly, if Putin's actions DON'T have you worried, then there is something wrong with you.

Secret Fly wrote:
I'm afraid enough of the kind of people gunning for power in heartland Europe itself... with their talk of the need for a great European army, to protect the 'peoples of Europe' from the great external aggressors. Talk like that scares the living daylights out of me. To me they are excuses for Empire imposed on Europe itself, from inside not outside. That's been tried before too with very bloody results. So forgive me if I don't bow to the fragile idea of 'Western Democracy'. Wink Democracy in Europe is only an experiment that already some EUcrats seem to be getting bored with.

Do agree on this. There is NO need for "ever closer union" in Europe, which is why I'm glad we are getting the hell out. The European Parliament is clueless and utterly incapable of exercising its considerable power...a modern version of Nero fiddling while Rome burned (he didn't, but nevermind). MEPs would rather look at tightening the political and economic shackles, than sorting out more pressing problems, such as the threat of terrorism and uncontrolled mass immigration.

Secret Fly wrote:
There are many methods of talking to Russians over the head of Putin - and allowing the West to highlight the similar values and potential for a common friendship based on a trust of each other rather than the constant insults.

Name 3 (that would genuinely have a chance of succeeding) and I'll take you seriously.

Secret Fly wrote:
You talk of Russia and ridicule the notion that it could ever be swayed into being a 'Western Friendly Democracy' and yet watch the UK government sign deals with China on mega-buck but highly sensitive infrastructure projects in the UK itself. Are you going to tell me that China is a much more preferable example of 'democratic' principles with strong western-style values of press freedom, political freedom and social justice for all?

When did I ever say this?

Since you ask, no I am not at all happy about Britain allying itself with China and have serious concerns about our reliance on them for critical infrastructure projects such as new nuclear power stations. I would much rather we had gone with France or the US. Ideally we should have done it ourselves, but we allowed all our experienced nuclear engineers to retire or go elsewhere.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 8 Oct - 11:49

Oh no it gets worse....A tape has turned up which has Trump boasting about grabbing Women by their p***y...

No coming back from this...

The GOP can lament losing a very winnable election because of the Village idiot winning the nomination...

Four years of Cruella de Vil..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 8 Oct - 16:12

Sounds like the end may be nigh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 8 Oct - 17:32

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Oh no it gets worse....A tape has turned up which has Trump boasting about grabbing Women by their p***y...

The GOP can lament losing a very winnable election because of the Village idiots winning voting for the nominationee...

navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 8 Oct - 18:30

GSC wrote:Sounds like the end may be nigh

Moving it on....

Yep he's not proven himself capable from day one..

But this is a final nail....Bad timing with the next debate tomorrow.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 8 Oct - 18:38

I heard his team were discussing whether to just pull out now.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 8 Oct - 18:44

I don't know how he spins it......

He needs to up his percentage of female voters to have a chance !!

Like watching Brewster's millions..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 8 Oct - 19:48

He's dead in the water, suspect he was hoping Assange was going to deliver him a silver bullet anyway but he might need a nuke now.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 8 Oct - 20:42

The abandon ship siren has gone off in party HQ.

Will he bother sticking around to the debate tomorrow. Would be a bloodbath
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 8 Oct - 21:02

If this had happened two months ago it wouldn't be so bad.....My guess is the timing isn't a coincidence..

But it's too late to stick another candidate on the ballot......It is Trump or nobody for the GOP......So it will be Trump...

Used to be only death or resignation that could remove a candidate...

Even then with three weeks left it's complicated..

Besides he's having too much fun..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 8 Oct - 22:34; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 8 Oct - 21:55

They're all positioning themselves for next time at this point.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Oct - 10:35

He avoided the KO punch last night but came out looking even more like a first grade twonk.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 12:13

Trump quoted as saying that no-one in the history of Politics has been more abusive to women than Bill Clinton.

Think Adolf, Pol Pot et al would have something to say about that, Donnie Boy!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Oct - 12:30

I see Farage has become his chief cheerleader.

Put them in a room with Chris Christie and we have the first honorary meeting of the league of thunder****s
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Oct - 13:15

I've witnessed a ton more sleazy, drool-slick, macho erector-juice chauvinistic innuendo on these very 606 pages than I heard muttered by the child/man Trump on that there bus. Wink

He tried it on in a shopping mall and he didn't get lucky 'cause she was married... but he likes kissing beautiful women anyway? 
Jees, he couldn't even pull off a boast the right way round Laugh
Someone forgot to tell him that you always brag about the women you conquered not the ones that said "f**k off, Donald, you got too many wrinkles in places I have no intention of unzipping"

But Gas Chamber for ol' Trump anyways!!!  It's still a despicable attitude to women he got there and him looking to get into office and all.  
That office he wants into has never been tarnished before and must be protected from Trump's lecherous activities!  If Hilary and Bill gets back in there, the Oval office is at least in safe hands for four years.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 10 Oct - 13:25

Do American debates ever discuss policy and stuff or is that so twentieth century?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 13:31

Isn't politics just surmounting one slippery pole after another?  Surely Diane Abbot & Edwina Curry can attest to that.

As regards the Clintons - it only took one intern to blow one of them away.

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 10 Oct - 13:38

Cut it anyway you like SF, he's an hideous human being w/ stuff all diplomatic or executive experience. He shouldn't be anywhere near becoming POTUS.
Clinton has her issues, but Trump is an arse.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 10 Oct - 13:45

kingraf wrote:Do American debates ever discuss policy and stuff or is that so twentieth century?

You don't half have some weird ideas, stick to colouring your hair and getting slapped around by the retired lady pensioners netball XI

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 13:49

SecretFly wrote:I've witnessed a ton more sleazy, drool-slick, macho erector-juice chauvinistic innuendo on these very 606 pages than I heard muttered by the child/man Trump on that there bus. Wink

He tried it on in a shopping mall and he didn't get lucky 'cause she was married... but he likes kissing beautiful women anyway? 
Jees, he couldn't even pull off a boast the right way round Laugh
Someone forgot to tell him that you always brag about the women you conquered not the ones that said "f**k off, Donald, you got too many wrinkles in places I have no intention of unzipping"

But Gas Chamber for ol' Trump anyways!!!  It's still a despicable attitude to women he got there and him looking to get into office and all.  
That office he wants into has never been tarnished before and must be protected from Trump's lecherous activities!  If Hilary and Bill gets back in there, the Oval office is at least in safe hands for four years.
None of us that reprehensible bunch are telling every man and his dog that we're fit to be President of the USA. The fact that previous incumbents have proven to been sleazy scumf*cks/dimwits shouldn't mean that any other sleazy scumf*ck/dimwit should be given the keys to the Oval office. May as well just pick a name out of a hat.

"Ladies and gentlemen I give you President Billy Joe Jim Bob Snaggletooth III"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 13:50

navyblueshorts wrote:Cut it anyway you like SF, he's an hideous human being w/ stuff all diplomatic or executive experience. He shouldn't be anywhere near becoming POTUS.
Historically, the Trumps come from a long line of arses!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 10 Oct - 13:54

DAVE667 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Cut it anyway you like SF, he's an hideous human being w/ stuff all diplomatic or executive experience. He shouldn't be anywhere near becoming POTUS.
It's the vegetarian ones you have to watch out for.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 13:57

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Dunno mate, there are meat eaters out there (and I don't mean c*cknoshers like Sean and Galted) who have produced some fairly repugnant stenches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 13:58

One has to wonder about the state of the political system in America when the best two candidates put forward are Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump ... and Donald Trump is not even a "politician" ... and these are the outcome of a democratic process. The same can be said of the political system in Britain - Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party & the shenanigans of David Cameron that led him to run away from politics.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 10 Oct - 14:03

DAVE667 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Dunno mate, there are meat eaters out there (and I don't mean c*cknoshers like Sean and Galted) who have produced some fairly repugnant stenches.
True but they do it after they eat. You can set your watch to it. You could dig about 12 holes 2 foot in diameter, 6 foot deep , put a vegetarian in each one and get a fairly lively game of whack a mole out of it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 10 Oct - 14:07

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Oh no it gets worse....A tape has turned up which has Trump boasting about grabbing Women by their p***y...

The GOP can lament losing a very winnable election because of the Village idiot winning the nomination...

I think Arnie could have run a better campaign than DT.

President Schwarzenegger probably has quite a nice ring to it now, I imagine. Laugh

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 14:15

Nore Staat wrote:One has to wonder about the state of the political system in America when the best two candidates put forward are Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump ... and Donald Trump is not even a "politician" ... and these are the outcome of a democratic process.  The same can be said of the political system in Britain - Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party & the shenanigans of David Cameron that led him to run away from politics.
Any criticism of the American political system can/will be rebuffed/rebuttled with two words...Boris Johnson. We're in no position to throw stones given the state of our own precarious glass house

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 10 Oct - 14:32

DAVE667 wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:One has to wonder about the state of the political system in America when the best two candidates put forward are Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump ... and Donald Trump is not even a "politician" ... and these are the outcome of a democratic process.  The same can be said of the political system in Britain - Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party & the shenanigans of David Cameron that led him to run away from politics.
Any criticism of the American political system can/will be rebuffed/rebuttled with two words...Boris Johnson. We're in no position to throw stones given the state of our own precarious glass house

Thats a little harsh Dave. I feel Britain's overseas interests are in very safe hands with Boz as Foreign Secretary. Wink

He may have a vague resemblance to Trump and even display a little of the same behaviour (albeit much diluted) but the important distinction is that, underneath the buffoonish facade there is a fairly formidable intellect.

I would also say that British politics is in a far better state than in the US...yes, that's in spite of Cameron flouncing off to sulk and leaving us with Theresa May, coupled with Labour and UKIP's respective meltdowns.

The main reason is I believe the average British voter, being a lot more sceptical and a lot less susceptible to gimmicks and slogans, wouldn't get suckered in by a repulsive idiot like Trump. I don't think it would ever get to the stage where he could even be considered as a serious candidate.

The closest we got was when Nick Griffin and the BNP had their 5 minutes of fame. Happily they disappeared back into obscurity fairly quickly.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Oct - 14:44

I dunno, you can draw some similarities to what the GOP and Labour make of their leaders
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Oct - 14:59

dyrewolfe wrote:

I think Arnie could have run a better campaign than DT.

President Schwarzenegger probably has quite a nice ring to it now, I imagine. Laugh

Well, he had a habit of bedding the maid when the missus was away so yeah, he's over-qualified if anything.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Oct - 15:09

dyrewolfe wrote:

The main reason is I believe the average British voter, being a lot more sceptical and a lot less susceptible to gimmicks and slogans, wouldn't get suckered in by a repulsive idiot like Trump. I don't think it would ever get to the stage where he could even be considered as a serious candidate.

Hmmmm. Tony (super-intelligent?) Blair that got into a cosy bed with a guy (J. W. Bush) that was a few notches down on even Trump's level of intelligence? He got suckered good. And wasn't Blair's Reign all about media controlled Gummicks and Slogans?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 10 Oct - 15:40

DAVE667 wrote:
Laugh clap Very true that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Oct - 15:49

Trump did what he had to do and bring up Bill Clinton....Always amusing to hear Hillary's constant misogynistic insults.... when her husband is the king of the misogynists.......Trump certainly did better last night than in the first debate......Though that isn't saying much !!.

Master stroke bringing the four ladies that Bill Clinton is known to have abused to the debate......Bill Clinton was the biggest loser last night......

Trump can't win....won't win.... but what should have been an easy Clinton debate victory was turned into a draw and that will be at least some consolation after a horrific week for him....

However he isn't fit to be President.....She isn't either but she is the worst of two evils..

The USA deserves better..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next