The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the Boss

+9
Nay
Fernando
x12x
TwisT
Mat
Steel
President Trump
Marky
Paul Mac 6CW
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ask the Boss - Page 2 Empty Ask the Boss

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 02 Feb 2016, 1:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

We haven't done one of these in a long time and seeing as I've got a long train journey ahead of me this afternoon hopefully your questions will help pass the time

Feel free to throw me any questions about your own characters, decisions made in the past or even future direction - I will promise to try to answer honestly where I can

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Ask the Boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask the Boss

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:36 am

Keane and Drake were part of the early Dean Andrews era when Dubs and I were in charge

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:38 am

Did Drake return for it? you could go realllly old school and have Max Jaeger the very first owner that never had a show under him but sold the company to Keane Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:02 am

John Leiderman could be another possible return gm from the past, I think having a period where the gm isn't involved in any kind of power struggle and doesn't pick sides would work well, bring a new dynamic to the fed

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:22 am

Yeah me and Mat tried to move away from the GM being the antagonist for a while in 6WF because I think after a time it can be a bit exhausting and makes it harder for feuds between individuals get going, because they're actually feuding with the writers of the show instead.

I also think having such a prominent GM was one of the reasons I struggled with Jax and Hathaway because it felt like the Michael Hathaway character was already there with Mr. Jones.

I don't think it's reached its limit yet, but I do think there is a lot to be said for having an authority character who isn't really a character, at least as far as I am aware 6CW since its revival has never had that?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:53 am

Having a really heel GM is hard because some of the booking decisions don't always make sense in terms of match making - If a GM really didn't want certain people to get a shot they would bury them and never have them appear on the card but in efed terms you guys wouldn't like it very much if that was happening so it needs to be a careful balance

Jones is a control freak but he is driven by money and power - He knows that the best way for him to make money from 6CW is to get the fans buying into the product but he can't allow control to slip enough to have Leone,Adamson, Grace, Thunder etc being the ones at the top - Nobody is more important than the boss after all

I hope the continuity in the story makes sense - Jones will literally try anything to get ahead. The Forgotten was a way to manipulate a group of people to do his bidding, arguably as individuals they aren't the most successful but he knows the power of many outweighs the few

He brings in Crime Lord to counter the threat of Thunder. Masters steps out so he plays to the ego of Wood knowing he will jump at the chance.

To me Jones thinks everyone has that one thing that he can manipulate them with. The concept that Everybody has a price that Dibiase exploited so well in WWF

Hopefully that comes across?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 1:45 pm

That certainly makes a lot of sense, but he is going to run out of options soon.

The guy that would be the biggest challenge would be the God-fearing superstar who is loved by the kids. Now THAT would be an acquisition!

Problem is that Crime Lord and Wood are not really part of The Forgotten. So you will have frictions between members. Masters has been discarded and Hokori and Stevens seem like they are getting on Jones' nerves.

The only truly loyal one so far is Joshua. A guy who made a name for himself being a loner. Is Jones going to be left with just him soon?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 09 Feb 2016, 2:44 pm

The question is does Jones care and even more so does the size of his ego mean that he genuinely thinks he can outsmart and control anyone?

Look at the members of the original Forgotten in terms of loyalty:
Phillips - Possibly feels ignored and under valued
Armstrong - Same place as Phillips
Hokori and Stevens - Unhappy they have been protected and feel like Jones doesn't trust them
Masters - Got fed up with Jones's micro management and constant interference and ended up breaking out
Joshua - Apparent friction early on but appears to be completely loyal at the moment

Other people linked to Jones:
Crime Lord - Has no time for Jones's manipulation and games
Liam Wood - Jones could see he's played the perfect game with Wood - Move to heel was engineered by him starting in the feud with Masters. Does Jones see Wood as being in his control?

Charles Kramer - Still in a consultancy role of course but given increasing responsibility by Jones. They have had differing opinions on things but Kramer has been integral to Jones continued success

So what does he have up his sleeve next or is Jones frantically putting out fires reacting to problems desperately clinging on to power?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 09 Feb 2016, 3:02 pm

Liam Wood - Jones could see he's played the perfect game with Wood - Move to heel was engineered by him starting in the feud with Masters. Does Jones see Wood as being in his control?

WHOA!!! when did this happen

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2