The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umpire Asad Rauf Banned for Corruption

3 posters

Go down

Umpire Asad Rauf Banned for Corruption Empty Umpire Asad Rauf Banned for Corruption

Post by LondonTiger Fri 12 Feb 2016, 3:29 pm

Five year ban for the former test umpire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35558872

I do not know the full facts, but seems very different to the recent 6 month bans handed out to a pair of female Australian players (who had made small bets in matches involving the mens test team).

Always felt that if you wanted to fix matches, then you were much better speaking to an umpire rather than a player - certainly before DRS.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Umpire Asad Rauf Banned for Corruption Empty Re: Umpire Asad Rauf Banned for Corruption

Post by KP_fan Fri 12 Feb 2016, 8:03 pm

and Dhoni , Srini and the entire CSK brigade got away with betting crimes in IPL
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Umpire Asad Rauf Banned for Corruption Empty Re: Umpire Asad Rauf Banned for Corruption

Post by guildfordbat Fri 12 Feb 2016, 8:12 pm

It's never seemed clear to me why some cases are dealt with under the criminal law of the land whilst others are left to the cricket authorities.

I don't defend the actions of the young Essex player Mervyn Westfield a few years back but he seemed a bit unlucky to have a spell in jug when compared to the actions of some others who have kept their liberty.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 13 Feb 2016, 2:06 pm

in UK it's a criminal act i think.

in India the criminal courts examine and pass verdict on the case..... but the offense itself has no criminal sentences.

So based on court verdicts bCCI passes judgement.
Rauf has been banned by BCCI...whihc means he cannot officiate in IPL....he was any way not a part of ICC panel anymore
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down