The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roman Gonzalez

4 posters

Go down

Roman Gonzalez Empty Roman Gonzalez

Post by JohnPrescottsJab Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:06 pm

The 28 year old Nicuraguan, who is the current WBC and Ring Magazine flyweight champion, 44-0 with 38 by KO. Held titles in the light flyweight and minimum weight divisions. Haven't seem much of him and seems to be flying under my radar. Admittedly I never really have kept up with boxing with the lower weight divisions and more interested in what's going on at light welterweight and above. Any thoughts on him? How do people rate him? Where does he stand currently in the pound for pound rankings. Saw him 3rd on a list most recently and haven't seen much of him on here. Thanks.

JohnPrescottsJab

Back to top Go down

Roman Gonzalez Empty Re: Roman Gonzalez

Post by hazharrison Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:33 pm

He's a superb, superb fighter. He's appeared on a couple of Golovkin bills and, as much as people are going mad for GGG, Gonzalez outshines him every time. I've been trying to catch his fights since he was a strawweight.

I think he's the best fighter around right now (and was prior to Mayweather-Paquiao). He's really worth seeking out if you can - a wonderful offensive fighter.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 20 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm

Simply divine, watch his fight with Juan Francisco Estrada, you will not be sorry, mate!! Only fight he's ever struggled in, truly. Was perhaps lucky to remain undefeated, there. He's known as "The Killing Machine" in Nicaragua for a reason! Usually just slices his opponents up, but unlike GGG, he's getting to fight the main fighters.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 20 Feb 2016, 11:17 pm

He's smoother and has a much better rhythm than Golovkin (who can look a bit wooden at times).

Danger fights for him are Estrada rematch and Inoue.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 20 Feb 2016, 11:24 pm

Absolutely, Inoue is so damn quick, always on balance, I don't watch the lighter weights enough, but some of the more glamorous matches down there are incredible. The problem is it's almost like a different sport they get so overlooked. From the US and Europe, that is. Asia and Mexico these guys are well known, but they don't quite make the same kinda numbers. Estrada bring it last time, few times i thought Gonzalez had him, but he just bounced right back. That fight should have been what Mayweather Pacqiaou should have been like. Two of the top guys going at it, tremendously high skill level, with great action.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Sat 05 Mar 2016, 4:36 am

Incredible fighter. Folk are mentioning the Estrada fight but I actually suggest starting with Niida, then Takayama, Rodriguez, then Estrada, Yaegashi, Fuentes and his recent bouts in the US.

Amazing 3 fighters he beat went on to become unified champions, and another dropped a weight to become a 3 division champion.

Offensively a machine, so exciting yet talented....the offensive answer to Mayweather.

However, I'd keep him the hell away from Naoya, the Monster would beat him.

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down