The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mad for Chelsea
Scott is Back
JDizzle
dyrewolfe
Jermaine2015
temporary21
TRUSSMAN66
daraghj82
Born Slippy
Lowlandbrit
nadeem2099
1GrumpyGolfer
Mackem
MIG
President Trump
Marky
LivinginItaly
Holymiky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Ent
sportform
hornbloweroafc
Azzy
compelling and rich
Mat
hampo17
lfc91
GSC
guildfordbat
westisbest
Stella
dummy_half
Alistair
Breadvan
Geordie
sirfredperry
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Corporalhumblebucket
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Crimey
47 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

This would be a huge day for Leicester if it stays like it is.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Stella Mon 11 Apr 2016, 7:53 pm

Dolph

Do West Ham fans want this move?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 15 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm

Want is an interesting word. I would be happy to stay, happier to stay really. We own our ground, its an intimate setting and a throwback to the kind of football West Ham as a collective support do not want to move away from. Plus no running track

But the council have consistently made it difficult to expand, and its not the kind of area that is going to resonate with the commercial world of football - not that I care but I can name two people who do. Pretty sure we would not be able to afford a stadium like this ourselves. Its a decent deal, and has all the modern football benefits.

However, your everyday West Ham fan doesnt really care about the financial benefits. For most, they would rather win the cup in our last year at the Boleyn than 2 in the next ten years there.

The funny thing is that we either get pelters for somehow being fraudulent in this or we get s*** for how it will be a shell of a stadium. Its moved more to the former since we sold out of season tickets and expanded the attendance.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:04 pm

The longer answer to this question has been debated by both sides of the argument for years on West Ham sites and no one has been declared anything near a winner

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

Cheers.

I can't see too many pro's with moving, and I do hate running tracks in between the stands and pitch.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:13 pm

It will depend how good the retractable seating is. I've been at the worst view in Wembley pretty much and it was good, and the view is said to never be worse than that view. It was high and removed from the action, but I find that in most stadia in the upper tier anyway

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

random question but when did it start getting referred to as boleyn ground and not upton park anymore. ive always know it as upton park

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

Its meant to be the Boleyn, but people jump between two because of the location. Its the Boleyn Ground (down to Boleyn Castle I believe) but the tube stop is Upton Park

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Apr 2016, 10:39 am

Here's a question for you all:
Based on Thiago Silva's comments that a move to a Premier League club would be a step down from PSG, would PSG currently win the Premier League?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2016, 10:43 am

Probably not in their first season, different style of football & tempo would take time for a squad to adjust too. They've struggled past Chelsea & drew with City, so that tells you they would not have it easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Apr 2016, 11:06 am

They'd likely be the favorites. Winning a title is as much mindset as anything. PSG expect to put lesser teams to the sword, as Fergusons teams used to, and Mourinhos first Chelsea team. Its this mindset that causes Arsenal to fall short. PSG have that at present
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Apr 2016, 11:45 am

Hero wrote:Here's a question for you all:
Based on Thiago Silva's comments that a move to a Premier League club would be a step down from PSG, would PSG currently win the Premier League?

The French league is way lower than ours. PSG might win the league but we have more strength in depth. I know which league I'd rather play in.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

No relegation wage cut clause for Shelvey and Townsend apparently. Townsend can leave for 8m though. Shelvey earning 80k pw in the Championship.

Whoever did those contracts without that clause needs shooting.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 12 Apr 2016, 1:15 pm

Ouch! Thats going to eat into Newcastle's parachute payments, unless they can be offloaded quickly.

Think the most we ever paid anyone was about £50k a week for Alen Boksic (of course, thats going back about 10 years).

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Apr 2016, 1:16 pm

But didnt you see Shelvey on debut?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 12 Apr 2016, 1:20 pm

Can see someone being in for Sir Shootalot Townsend - think he'd be a decent asset for a lower to mid table EPL team (would suit Palace's style for example).

Shelvey? Hyped and has occasional moments of quality but for me fails to produce often enough to justify a move to stay in the EPL.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016, 1:57 pm

Men's PFA Players' Player of the Year

Dimitri Payet (West Ham)
Harry Kane (Tottenham)
Jamie Vardy (Leicester)
Mesut Ozil (Arsenal)
N'Golo Kante (Leicester)
Riyad Mahrez (Leicester)

Men's PFA Young Player of the Year

Dele Alli (Tottenham)
Harry Kane (Tottenham)
Jack Butland (Stoke)
Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)
Romelu Lukaku (Everton)
Ross Barkley (Everton)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:31 pm

It'll be Mahrez & Kane then.

Personally id give it to Kante & Lukaku or Alli

But DM's never get the credit they deserve apart from Gilberto & Makelele even that was years ago.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Apr 2016, 3:49 pm

Mahrez and Alli I think.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:20 pm

Should be Payet and Lukaku for me, but probably Mahrez and Kane

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:26 pm

Out of the 6 on that list Payet is 6th.

I suspect it'll go - Mahrez,Vardy,Kane,Kante,Ozil,Payet tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:30 pm

Hahaha

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:30 pm

One player usually stands out but this one is wide open.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:34 pm

At least it won't be boycotted by Will Smith or Spike Lee and we can all be thankful for that

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:At least it won't be boycotted by Will Smith or Spike Lee and we can all be thankful for that

True, Dolph might when he takes off his rose tinted shades and realizes Payet's the worst player on the list much to his disgust Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:39 pm

Surprised Coutinho has been nominated, think he's had a very up and down season to be honest. On his day he's been fantastic, but not had those days enough for me.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:42 pm

Fernando wrote:Out of the 6 on that list Payet is 6th.

I'd probably order it:

Mahrez, Kante, Kane, Vardy, Payet, Ozil.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:43 pm

Mahrez or Vardy will probably win it but Kante is the real reason they are top of the table.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:46 pm

Crimey wrote:

I'd probably order it:

The problem is they always work off statistics 95% of the time hence why i went Ozil 5th & Payet last & Kante behind Kane. Ozil's been pretty much double Payet without free kicks.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

Yeah not going off what I think it will be, just what I think it is.

Unfortunately for Payet, it's harder to rank him above any of the title challenging players. I definitely think he's outperformed Ozil this year though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm

Id probably agree if turned Payet up for big games can't really level that against Ozil for once Laugh

Against top 6 sides in the league currently so Leicester,Citeh,Spurs,Arsenal,United,West Ham

Payet - 3 Assists - 1 goal
Ozil - 7 Assists - 3 goals

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm

That does slightly ignore that Ozil is in a better team so his stats are helped by that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:20 pm

The three Leicester players should be 1, 2, 3 - Payet the best of the rest
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 13 Apr 2016, 5:43 pm

And the fact we have collected 4 points from Arsenal, 4 from City, 6 from Liverpool, 4 from Chelsea, 3 from Spurs.

Also, Ozil was awful against us twice, awful at Old Trafford

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 13 Apr 2016, 6:14 pm

Fernando wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I'd probably order it:

The problem is they always work off statistics 95% of the time hence why i went Ozil 5th & Payet last & Kante behind Kane. Ozil's been pretty much double Payet without free kicks.

Didn't think that is how it worked at all. Thought all professionals got a vote.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 13 Apr 2016, 6:16 pm

Freekick goals dont count now then

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:04 am

Rumoured that Kante has a £20m release clause

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:31 am

Didier Drogba needs to be careful who he sues. His charity's accounts show that the Mail reported accurate figures. Only £14k out of more than £1m in the bank was spent on African causes.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 14 Apr 2016, 4:12 pm

Gabby Agbonlahor put on a 2 week fitness program.
Jonas Gutierrez has won his court case against Newcastle for disability discrimination due to his testicular cancer.
Kevin Friend has been pulled from the Spurs vs Stoke game as he lives in Leicester and has been to a few games with friends in the area.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 14 Apr 2016, 6:59 pm

Should lose his job by that logic.

A ref is either impartial or he isn't.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 8:31 pm

Dermot Gallagher (who lives in my hometown, Banbury) has a Man Utd tattoo and reffed the 1996 FA Cup final between Utd and Liverpool.

Too late to complain??

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:21 pm

Ent wrote:Should lose his job by that logic.

A ref is either impartial or he isn't.

Sorry Ent, that is a nonsense comment.

Shall we only recruit referees that hate football. As long as referees are kept clear of games they could be perceived to be biased, then theres no real issue.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:38 pm

Anyway isnt he a Bristol City fan?

Or so i heard.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:49 am

FreekShow wrote:Dermot Gallagher (who lives in my hometown, Banbury) has a Man Utd tattoo and reffed the 1996 FA Cup final between Utd and Liverpool.

Too late to complain??
The ref could have been Bill Shankly and Liverpool weren't winning that game. They put in the worst FA Cup Final performance I've seen in my lifetime, bar Millwall against United.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Apr 2016, 9:47 am

Big game today, can't help shaking the feeling that after the last few weekends going so well for us, this one is setup for Sunderland/Newcastle to gain ground on us...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:08 am

Have more confidence.
Can see you winning this, will go for 3-1.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

Trust me Westi, Norwich never do it this easy...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:12 am

Ideally, we need a Sunderland win & 3 points vs Swansea. Anyting else & a you can pretty much put an 'R' by our name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:55 am

Two draws today. Defoe to score

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:26 pm

Borini pen 0-1 up. Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:42 pm

Def penalty for me

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next