The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn

+29
Breadvan
rhino-dragon
nottins
SwirlingWind
WillyGilly
Dave.
Adam D
Luckless Pedestrian
Cymroglan
Suspicious lurker
prop_lyd
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
The_Hound_of_Harrow
MBTGOG
Thomond
KiaRose
Ozzy3213
Gibson
greybeard
PenfroPete
RuggerRadge2611
littleswannygirl
Mickado
mickyt
red_stag
Glas a du
Notch
Cari
33 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn

Post by Cari Fri 03 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? king

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:00 pm

You know what I realsied - I don't know why but I don't want SBW to have a good World Cup Rolling Eyes
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

PenfroPete wrote:
STAG - "beers and then going cinema to watch the hangover" - jeez you have some weird ideas in Limerick !!

Just one or two with dinner. More afterward the show. Its that kind of movie too I'd say
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

Stag, I'd seriously warn you off going to see The Hangover it is really quite poor. I really didn't enjoy it at all.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:02 pm

Notch wrote:Stag, I'd seriously warn you off going to see The Hangover it is really quite poor. I really didn't enjoy it at all.

But Mick said it was better than the first one. Which of you is lying Erm
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

PenfroPete wrote:GLAS – I know you probably only cut&paste it off some web site, but - Morgan STODDART !!! mad

Erik Lund (Biarritz & Norway) – how 8) is that (Not his beard mind Rolling Eyes )

All right, all right, calm down, he probably cant spell his own name.

And if you do want to have a pop like...

...it was Alyndavies I copied!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:07 pm

It was on his recommendation I went and jeez... it was not a good idea!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

OK for those who dont get the chin rest joke but are too lazy to look perineum up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineum
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:10 pm

Notch wrote:Stag, I'd seriously warn you off going to see The Hangover it is really quite poor. I really didn't enjoy it at all.

Don't listen to him Stag, (i mean that nicely) but I would suggest making your own mind up about it as I thought it was class. I think if you are in a giddy humour and don't expect it to move off the way the first one was done then you will enjoy it.

I did.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

mickyt wrote:

Don't listen to him Stag, (i mean that nicely) but I would suggest making your own mind up about it as I thought it was class. I think if you are in a giddy humour and don't expect it to move off the way the first one was done then you will enjoy it.

I did.

Sounds good I'm in. Its Friday after all. My bad mood about next weeks work rota lasted 30 seconds and I discovered the silver lining. I'm in a good mood today Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

Glas a du wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:GLAS – I know you probably only cut&paste it off some web site, but - Morgan STODDART !!! mad

Erik Lund (Biarritz & Norway) – how 8) is that (Not his beard mind Rolling Eyes )

All right, all right, calm down, he probably cant spell his own name.

And if you do want to have a pop like...

...it was Alyndavies I copied!

Hug have <cider> on me pal (HOBO - can we have more drink emoticons please - I miss RedWine, Stout, Cider & Bubbly)
That would be the same Alyndavies that was advocating Wales' RWC games should kick off at 02:00am in NZ just to keep our fans happy 🤦
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

Notch wrote:It was on his recommendation I went and jeez... it was not a good idea!

Notch,
Wouldn't you have to be a drinker and suffer them, to "appreciate" it? It sounds like a young man's gig too. Don't think it would be for moi.

Cari,
"listen to the colours"?
Yeh I tripped on poteen when I was young. Was in the front-seat of a car and the motorway lines were whizzing through the windscreen. I was ducking them all to way to a porty. laughing

Was not a bit funny the next day though. It is ok when used with hot water and honey - for "medicinal purpose only".
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

red_stag wrote:

But Mick said it was better than the first one. Which of you is lying Erm

I haven't been able to convince many that it is better than the first one to be honest but it's still very funny and people for some reason aren't liking it as they were expecting more than the first one.

The fact remains the first ones template works so why change it and I guess its similar to when we are hung over we say "never again" and then suddenly it happens again so..

just give it a try
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:21 pm

Can't wait Mick. By the way anyone else eat chicken-lasagne. I think its much lighter and nicer than usual one.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

I got a really nice email today too. Its a PM from a writing forum I was commenting on earlier in the year from someone who read something I wrote and sent a private message to say they really liked a piece I wrote back in December and I should post more stuff. Nice ego massage Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

Stag - I love getting messages like that. I haven't updated anything on a writing forum that i use in over a year but I got a really lovely review last month, properly made me Very Happy

Ah man, scrap me being able to get myself properly ready for a night out later, my cousin is now picking me up at 5! (although he's always late so it'll probably be more like 20 past).

Can't wait though, going to get to see his new house before we all go out for a meal for his gf's birthday. I'm going to have to watch myself though as the people I'm out with tonight did introduce me to drinking gin & tonic and topping it up with Cava Erm that was most definitely not a good idea! No Cava for me tonight I don't think...

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

Dreamer is gonna be drunk king!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:28 pm

Gibson wrote:
Notch wrote:It was on his recommendation I went and jeez... it was not a good idea!

Notch,
Wouldn't you have to be a drinker and suffer them, to "appreciate" it? It sounds like a young man's gig too. Don't think it would be for moi.

No stranger to the auld hangovers before I quit drinking. It's more a premise for a series of (humourous) incidents as the protagonists try and make sense of the outlandish events of the previous night. Giving tips on comedy is difficult because what everyone finds funny is different. It just didn't really elicit much of a response for me. I smiled on a few occasions but sadly it never made me laugh. Which is a shame, because I was expecting a dumb, broad, guilty pleasure comedy but it never really delivered on the comedy aspect.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:30 pm

I like slapstick comedy though. I mean I prefer the blunt humour of the U.S. Office compared to the awkward humour of the UK Office. Both are funny but it depends what your into.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:31 pm

The Hangover 3 - starring Dreamer. Dreamer gets really drunk on Gin, Tonic and Cava. She ends up purchasing a season ticket for the Cardiff Blues laughing
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:32 pm

I love the US Office. Fantastic show.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

Nadal wins 3 sets to love in the French semis. Hope he gets Federer in the Final now.

I loved the UK Office - I love British humour and I did not think it could translate successfully to a US version - but it really did,in its own right. Big kudos to Gervais for achieving that. He has turned into an insufferable gobshoite on the way though, imo.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

Atf'noon all

Just back from the park with the kids, man it is hot out there today. Glas I did get that you were not being serious on the Saracens thread, I thought that the wink at the end of my response would have indicated that. Ok!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Gibson wrote:Nadal wins 3 sets to love in the French semis. Hope he gets Federer in the Final now.

I loved the UK Office - I love British humour and I did not think it could translate successfully to a US version - but it really did,in its own right. Big kudos to Gervais for achieving that. He has turned into an insufferable gobshoite on the way though, imo.

He always was. The reason both work is that they are different animals entirely.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

I love the US version. I think both have to been judged on their own merits and not compared.

The final episode of the last season had me in pieces, James Spader was jaw droppingly good in his cameo.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

Only a half hour left in this place and then I am off for the week. oh my god. awsome.

I won't be on at all guys, so hope you all have a good weekend and week ahead.

Stag, drop us a text if you go see the film to let me know what you think.

I don't mean to be crass or anything but you know the picture for glee.

(basically GLEE but the L is like a loser sign with your hand/finger)

well without being too rude, isn't it just the word GEE with a finger stuck in it? Smile
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:59 pm

Mick mick mick mick mick you saucy fellow rose
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Fri 03 Jun 2011, 4:59 pm

greybeard wrote:I love the US version. I think both have to been judged on their own merits and not compared.

The final episode of the last season had me in pieces, James Spader was jaw droppingly good in his cameo.

Totally Agree Grey. I loved the UK version something else because it was so Cringey

the American isn't really as cringey but still brilliantly done..

I don't think it's a case of prefering one over the other.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 5:05 pm

mickyt wrote:
greybeard wrote:I love the US version. I think both have to been judged on their own merits and not compared.

Totally Agree Grey. I loved the UK version something else because it was so Cringey

the American isn't really as cringey but still brilliantly done..

I don't think it's a case of prefering one over the other.

I totally agree Micky. That's the beauty of it.

And you have great week off in the Sun, mo chara. You so deserve it man. You work too hard. Enjoy! thumbsup
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Fri 03 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

Cheers Gibbo.. feels much needed although not as if I don't get the odd weekend etc (Cardiff & Spain @ Easter)

Have managed to off load a bit of work to the person looking after my teams so alls well.

Hopefully the weather holds up down in sunny south east..

Fiona has said she plans on napping several times a day. I have been warned that I won't be included in the nap.

so Have stocked the ipad with games/films/books & Have the xbox and golf clubs packed..
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 03 Jun 2011, 5:31 pm

LDCPete wrote:Atf'noon all

Just back from the park with the kids, man it is hot out there today. Glas I did get that you were not being serious on the Saracens thread, I thought that the wink at the end of my response would have indicated that. Ok!

Oh, sorry Pete. I think the obvious game is not quite the same online Rolling Eyes
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 03 Jun 2011, 5:46 pm

Have an ace holiday Micky - don't get too sunburnt! 8)

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Fri 03 Jun 2011, 5:47 pm

Hi

Been gardening all day (once I eventually woke up). Many thanks for suggestions / help in setting up a FB page.

I have now done it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Non-availability-of-prescription-drugs-in-the-UK/148697128537379

Please can you "Like" this page and get your friends to do so as well. I have spoken to GPs, pharmacists and charities in the past 36 hours and they are all tearing their hair out in sheer frustration at the situation.

Thanks all

BBQ time

PS interesting convo in last pub on teaching / learning Irish. I could have a lot to say on the subject - another time...

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 03 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

Kia I'll add it tonight. How are you anyways. Without opening Pandoras Box which camp did you fall into on the Irish debate. Should all Irish primary schools be Gaelscoils?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 5:58 pm

KiaRose wrote:Hi

Been gardening all day (once I eventually woke up). Many thanks for suggestions / help in setting up a FB page.

I have now done it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Non-availability-of-prescription-drugs-in-the-UK/148697128537379

Please can you "Like" this page and get your friends to do so as well. I have spoken to GPs, pharmacists and charities in the past 36 hours and they are all tearing their hair out in sheer frustration at the situation.

Thanks all

BBQ time

PS interesting convo in last pub on teaching / learning Irish. I could have a lot to say on the subject - another time...

Kia,
I was just about to phone you on it, but don't need to now. Great job. Just read it. As I am Billy No-Mates, I will promote it via Mo and my sons. thumbsup
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:01 pm

Kia - I've linked it on FB pub as well Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:11 pm

Stag,I though it was ok. Similar to the original but a bit darker. Seemed a bit lazy to not take it in a new direction. Can never beat this moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nH9u_kf-Vc

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

I just saw Mark Labbett in the gym. He's almost as much as a quiz genius as the two Micks.

I told you Nadal would win in three sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

Great game going on between Federer & Djokovic, Rev.
Some lovely tennis.
7-6 Fed. 5-2 Fed.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:51 pm

I am a bit of a fair weather tennis fan. But this is great stuff.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

Thomond wrote:I am a bit of a fair weather tennis fan. But this is great stuff.

:run1:

Isn't everybody by definition

:run1:
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:17 pm

Not indoor tennis fans

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:32 pm

Cheers Gibson. I'm not watching it really, I just saw it on Sky Sports News in the gime.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:36 pm

Would love to have gone to the Clare Glens today for a swim but Chester riverside isn't a bad substitute.

About to go to a gig with a band that we saw playing in Liverpool One.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:37 pm

I'm watching it on Clog TV Rev. I love the way the BEEB only show Murray, when there is an even better semi on after it. Some things never change. :-)
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

Munster, I gather you'll have a good night after reading how you enjoyed them last time.

Gibson, that's a bit naughty aye. I'd have said Fed and Djokovic would be a better game too, given how pump Murray is against Nadal.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

Evening all. HC and Amlin draws next week. Emailing Wasps fans at lunchtime, the consensus of who we would like in the Amlin is broadly - Dragons (cos we didn't get to go to RP last season). One of Agen or Lyon and Cavalieri Prato.

I did read that blog on the potential HC pools and it was interesting. I've always said its what a team's form is in the coming season, not what they've done in the past. 2 years ago Quins topped their pool despite being in the 4th tier of seeds. As ever much depends on whether some of the French teams can be bothered to put in a performance away from home in both competitions.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:56 pm

Story Hound mate? Ale

An exception to that was a full-on Toulouse away, who Wasps downed at home. I'm forever grateful to ye for that. It altered the HC knockout seedings.

You would love Agen. Real rugby crowd. And the Chef's home team. So no hotel expenses and a great time guaranteed. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:01 pm

This game is on a knife-edge. Love it. Hope Djokovic wins the 4th set and makes it a 5-setter.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:04 pm

Hound, if we remain as second seeds (and I suspect we will as I doubt Stade will be booted out) my group would be Wasps/Sale, probably Lyon or Bordeaux and La Vila. As I probably only get two games before Afghan, I'd like the first game to be an away game (that isn't Wasps or Sale) and then Wasps home so I could welcome you to Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:05 pm

If that's the case about Agen Gibbo, then I want Agen away first up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next