The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bucs Linebacker Geno Hayes answers OUR questions!

+9
Il Gialloblu
GB1919
Gaelic-Warrior
Grizzly
Thomond
Maverick
arizona_tom
Derbyblue
Pr4wn
13 posters

Go down

Bucs Linebacker Geno Hayes answers OUR questions! Empty Bucs Linebacker Geno Hayes answers OUR questions!

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Following on from our interview with rugby star, Marcel Garvey earlier in the week, we now have a rising star of American Football - the NFL's Geno Hayes has very kindly answered our questions:

Are you a Fantasy Football fan?

"no i haven't really took time out to get involved with fantasy football"

Which football player did you mostly admire when you were growing up playing the game?

"Derrick Brooks, Simeon rice, ray Lewis, warren sapp, huge sean taylor fan (RIP) Ed reed...the list can go on for days"

Can you describe a typical day for a NFL player?

"Up before the rises, work out, film practice, film, practice, some more film...Game planning more film! Go home and watch more film."

How do you see the Bucs faring next season after a huge improvement last year?

"I see nothing but blue skies you should too after last year!"

How important do you think it is that a player fits a scheme, surely a great player will be great regardless of the scheme?

"very important a player has to have the necessary tools to fit a particular scheme in order for it to work."

What would mean more to you playing in the Super Bowl but losing, or not playing but the Buccaneers win?

"neither on!!! Hate losing especially after going that far! And hate sitting out...playing through since a youngin"

What are you gonna get up to during your free time in London?

"i want to visit most of the popular sites if I have time, but if i don't...I will plan. A trip in the off season"

How important do you think the Rookie Symposium is? Are you glad to see the NFLPA are holding their own?

"very important, a lot of information comes from this event if a young player is smart enough to listen and take heed!"

Geno, how have your offseason workouts been going? What have you beenworking at?

"I workout alone majority of the time. But we will get together as a squad and have a team based workout"

Who's the craziest Buccaneer?

"lol all of us lol"

Have you met with Mason Foster yet?

"haven't meet him yet, but have twitted with him...glad to have him join us"

Which team are you most looking forward to playing next season?

"every single one of them!"

What have you been getting up to during the lockout?

"relaxing and enjoying but still missing football"

Which Buccaneer do you get on best with?

"not one in particular, I tend to get along with them all."

Do you get excited when you see who has been drafted, or do you wait to see them playing before you judge them?

"uh, a mix of both. Excited that they made it this far and you always to wait and see"

Whats your favourite/best play youve ever made in the NFL?

"My 1st sack!!!"

Which of the Bucs rookies has the biggest chance to make an impact this year?

"In football you never know of course higher pics will have more to do so, but you can always count on lower round guys to show up!"

Also whats the best and worse thing about being an NFL player??

"the best thing is your living a dream! The worst is; that it is lonely at the top!"

We all look forward to hearing your answers and we really appreciate you taking your time to do this for us

"No problem. Thank you for supporting the Buccaneers!"

Last edited by Pr4wn on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Bucs Linebacker Geno Hayes answers OUR questions! Empty Re: Bucs Linebacker Geno Hayes answers OUR questions!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Great answers there was a brilliant read. Cracking job guys OK

Back to top Go down

Bucs Linebacker Geno Hayes answers OUR questions! Empty Re: Bucs Linebacker Geno Hayes answers OUR questions!

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks to derbyblue for tweeting the questions, must have taken ages!

And of course a big thank you to Geno Hayes who took the time out of his day to answer our questions and give us publicity for free.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Thanks to derbyblue for tweeting the questions, must have taken ages!

And of course a big thank you to Geno Hayes who took the time out of his day to answer our questions and give us publicity for free.
Thanks everyone for the questions, it didn't take too long just copied @GenoHayes54 to word loads of times then copied the questions onto word then to twitter. I'm sure it took him longer to take the time to answer our questions, so a big thank you to Geno Hayes.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Yer thanks to geno always interesting to get an insight into the Nfl. cheers derby also for posting them up.

thought it was was a really good idea to do a QA with the players. Ano its a bit early since how this one has just finished but are you thinking of doing something similar with other players?

Once again great work cheers guys

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 pm

arizona_tom wrote:Yer thanks to geno always interesting to get an insight into the Nfl. cheers derby also for posting them up.

thought it was was a really good idea to do a QA with the players. Ano its a bit early since how this one has just finished but are you thinking of doing something similar with other players?

Once again great work cheers guys
I certainly hope to get more with other players, and I'm sure we could get another in the future with Geno. We also need to try to pay attention a lot of players tend to say things like "I'm on the plane so Q&A time people."

Also in reply to this: Derrick Brooks, Simeon rice, ray Lewis, warren sapp, huge sean taylor fan (RIP) Ed reed...the list can go on for days. I am asking him this: As a fan of Derrick Brooks was it daunting to be replacing him?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 pm

"Not really, just had to accept the challenge!"

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 am

Superb article. Things went well for Bucs last season, They look a good bet for playoffs this year maybe a stage further

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:43 am

I got my questions answered by a celebrity.I feel famous! Vey interesting read. Thanks lads.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:49 am

Great work Pr4wn, he sounds like a decent bloke....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:09 am

Interesting read, thanks to Pr4wn, Derbyblue and anyone else who organised it. And of course, thanks to Geno for taking a time out to answer our questions. OK
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:52 am

Wow, great job guys. I was expecting the twitter idea to get us a few bits of information a little bit quicker from guys like La Canfora and Breer. To get that kind of access to a current player is incredible.

Good job on the questions everyone who contributed and massive thanks to Geno for spending so long answering them all.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:56 am

No idea who Marcel Garvey or Geno Hayes are but these Q and A sessions with (presumably) top sports stars are a great coup for V2. Well done to all involved. Any more lined up?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:No idea who Marcel Garvey or Geno Hayes are but these Q and A sessions with (presumably) top sports stars are a great coup for V2. Well done to all involved. Any more lined up?
Cricket had one with Rikki Clarke, Rugby have another one coming up with Dan Tuohy, and Athletics have one coming up with Natasha Danvers.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Great work guys thumbsup

Really interesting stuff - I would send a link of this out to your followers and also to Geno and ask him to RT it (if you havent already)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Not sure about the rest of you but there really wasn't much substance in any of those answers.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm

To be fair any intelligent player would have answered some of those questions diplomatically, for example picking one team you are looking forward to playing could be used by all the other teams as a motivating factor (mentioned by coaches etc) and picking which rookie will have the best year before he's even met any of them let alone played with them would be daft.

No-one is ever going to be completely honest in an interview like that but there are enough interesting answers there to say it was worthwhile.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:56 pm

MBTGOG,is right in someways but I think this exercise is as much as generating publicity about this site as it is about the actual answer.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Geno Hayes just tweeted me with the site

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:51 am

MBTGOG wrote:Not sure about the rest of you but there really wasn't much substance in any of those answers.
He's got 140 characters in which to answer the questions, so he's limited in the level of detail he can give.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 am

thanks to everyone who organised this great read!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down