The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Alexis Arguello really kill himself ?????

+3
Scottrf
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Did Alexis Arguello really kill himself ????? Empty Did Alexis Arguello really kill himself ?????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

1. He had recently fallen out with high up members of the Sandinista party. Well known for their no nonsense approach...Arguello rode the ticket to become Mayor i one of the most "controversially corrupt" elections of alltime.

2. Arguello was renowned for speaking his mind..

3. Last seen in a good mood and joking with his friends and associates..

4. His Son was his best friend and he confided in him everything....Whenever he was depressed he called his Son...Son comments "That he loved his family so much he'd never do something like this".

5. Apparently Arguello's house had been cleaned up by the time investigators arrived at the house.

6. He shot himself through the heart. A very very minor percentage of gun suicides are committed like this.

7. His So asked for the body to be kept till he arrived in Nicaragua so he could have an independent autopsy. Body was processed before this could happen at an apparent hasty speed even for Nicaragua. Son never got to see his Dad naked to see if their were more bullet holes etc..

8. Government hated Arguello's status and his position as the number 1 hero made him future Presidential criteria.

9. His Sister is quoted saying she lives in fear after speaking out against the suicide. His Son say's he can't go back there as it's unsafe for him.

10. Arguello recovered from a crack addiction, three marriages, bankrupty to become Mayor...His famous quote was "Tough times don't last but tough guys do"

Did Arguello commit suicide........You decide!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling not to the usual impeccable standard)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Did Alexis Arguello really kill himself ????? Empty Re: Did Alexis Arguello really kill himself ?????

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

Interesting case. There's certainly plenty of motive there if reports are correct. Be interesting to see how this plays out, if it does.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Did Alexis Arguello really kill himself ????? Empty Re: Did Alexis Arguello really kill himself ?????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:27 am

Don't think it will play itself out.......

Find it depressing that a man "may" have been murdered and there in real justice for him and closure for his family....

The case is controversial.....and yet there is little fuss about it...

Seems tragic.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:37 am

Too true, but it seems par for the course in a lot of South American countries that instances of this nature are brushed under the rug.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:45 am

Not just South American ones.....Ever heard of the CIA and FBI..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:49 am

Yeah, but let's face it; you guys love a good conspiracy! Wink That aside though, you're right this case most likely won't play out, at least not anytime soon, and I doubt it'd make waves internationally if it did. It's just another case where there doesn't seem to be the interest from the officials in laying the facts bare.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 04 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

Good thread, and persuasive points. There is a book out about him soon, may provide some background:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beloved-Warrior-Rise-Alexis-Arguello/dp/1597977098/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2HWIGSA7NBFOK&colid=1535PBZ82GDIU

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 04 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

TRUSS do you have ANY sources? I mean where do you get this information from?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

Onetwo my advice is to research the case on the internet as I have....

Wouldn't write a trivial article over something so sensitive as a guy's untimely demise.

Maybe he did commit suicide....

It isn't open and shut though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

Be a crying shame if some piece of turd organization killed a genuine legend, who has done more for Nicaragua than any of them slimeballs could dream of.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:19 pm

I like how you put marriage in the same bracket as crack addiction and bankruptcy. No woman can be that bad.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Be a crying shame if some piece of turd organization killed a genuine legend, who has done more for Nicaragua than any of them slimeballs could dream of.

Sad but that's very often the case in countries like that.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:22 pm

bellchees wrote:I like how you put marriage in the same bracket as crack addiction and bankruptcy. No woman can be that bad.

Yeah that's a bit harsh. I don't see how marriage can be as addictive as crack, or provide as much of a rush...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

All the evidence would also suggest that Gatti didn't hang himself but the authorities in Brazil weren't interested in thinking it was anything but suicide

Arguello, Forrest and Gatti in the space of a couple of weeks was a sad time for boxing

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

I'm pretty sure three scumbag 'gangbangers' have been charged with Forrest though. They look like EXACTLY the type of guys you'd expect, too. With that case though I can't help but feel it should have been avoided. I don't wish to speak ill of the deceased, but Forrest had a kid with him, and was carrying a gun. He didn't have to give chase, which sadly seems to be what sealed his fate. One of those situations like watching a movie and yelling at the screen, I guess.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:40 pm

Watched the HBO documentary about all 3 and it's a bit misleading to say he gave chase, it's reported he purposefully chased them away from his god son and in America it's common to be carrying a gun.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

I know it's relatively commonplace to carry a gun, but still... I was under the impression he chased one guy, and it was a second guy who he spoke to (not realising this guy was involved) who shot him in the back. Is that on YouTube then? Wouldn't mind watching that.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

It's difficult to really say whether he should have chased them or not but from the way others spoke of him, he wanted the gang as far away as possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1K_uab3uMI

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

Truss, is this just an excuse for some good old Commie bashing?!
Seriously, as for point four, sadly people who are not in their right mind do not always act "in character".If not many people shoot themselves in the heart, well I will take your word for it.But families of suicides who say,"He was so happy the day before,it came out of the blue"..that refrain is common.Even people with great support networks commit the act.Baffling as to why this should be, but a not uncommon scenario.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm

Haven't ruled out suicide...

Just saying it's not without contention...and some odd circumstances..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:14 pm

Maybe he had some issues with the political body over there but it seems after watching the youtube programme that he took his own life. I think Gatti's case has more suspicion hanging over it imo.but the greatest mysterious boxing death would haveto be Sonny Listons demise.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down