The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubank Jr - GGG v Brook is a blessing in disguise

+10
Pedro147
RanjitPatel
TopHat24/7
Herman Jaeger
BallchinianMuffwig
Mr Bounce
milkyboy
Jermaine2015
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Eubank Jr - GGG v Brook is a blessing in disguise Empty Eubank Jr - GGG v Brook is a blessing in disguise

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:40 am

Eubank Sr's ego has probably cost his Son a big fight.......But for me its done his Son a favor........He's a young man who is already a polarising figure and he isn't the finished article.......Polarising figures are marketable figures ...Poor old James Degale has been trying to be one for years.....

GGG is 34.....Sooner or later BJS will have to fight GGG he can't avoid it so let him go first......Eubank beats Jacobs maybe next year (Winnable fight) He becomes a PPV fighter straightaway as a love/hate World champion.....He can earn lots of money. After he beats a couple of the obligatory stiffs for his first couple of defences......GGG will probably be 35/36..Young bucks are hard work at that age...GGG may also have moved up who knows ??

BJS will probably have been aged by a slapping off the champion also...If GGG stays ay 160 another year I'll be staggered if BJS v Golovkin doesn't happen......Maybe he can feast on what's left of him...

Eubank has everything to gain from the waiting game..

Surely that has to be the blue print.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Eubank Jr - GGG v Brook is a blessing in disguise Empty Re: Eubank Jr - GGG v Brook is a blessing in disguise

Post by AdamT Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:45 am

The waiting game will probably do him no harm to be honest. I think Eubank is too limited to fight someone like GGG.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Eubank Jr - GGG v Brook is a blessing in disguise Empty Re: Eubank Jr - GGG v Brook is a blessing in disguise

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm

If Eubank Jr can't beat Saunders, he's never getting near GGG

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:11 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:If Eubank Jr can't beat Saunders, he's never getting near GGG

Depends if you think Eubank was the finished article.....

He isn't getting near GGG yet....I agree......But 35/36 and the odds would be more in his favor..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:37 pm

It's a bit unfair on degale that he isn't polarising... I think his problem is that he's so good at being unlikeable that there aren't enough likers left for him to be polarising.

As for truss' assessment on Eubank, history will tell us on this one, but it certainly could work out for the better.

I think the fact that Saunders beat Eubank isn't that relevant to a Eubank golovkin fight. I give Eubank a better shout at golovkin than Saunders... This is a relative thing, obviously as both shots are in the 'very slim' category.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:35 pm

I am not sure that Eubank would have been good enough for Golovkin yet; however, the fight against BJS probably did him a favour as he lost, and not by that much. I think it's given him a bit of a shot in the arm to make sure it doesn't happen again. BJS hasn't fought since December. I reckon Eubank might be gunning for a Saunders rematch. Apparently promoters are stating that BJS' next opponent will be a decent name. Not too many of those in the Middle division as Truss painstakingly points out. Could it be Eubank in a rematch, this time for a belt? I think that a fit and focussed BJS will find an improved and more experienced Eubank a more difficult proposition. We know that BJS is a clever fighter but could Eubank beat him this time round? Would certainly give Eubank more to bargain with against GGG with a WBO belt...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue 12 Jul 2016, 4:28 am

Why the assumption he beats jacobs? A decorated amateur with a harder punch, faster hands, feet and skills than he has? I feel like Jacobs would shut him out with something to spare.

Anyway, to state the obvious, i think we can all agree that senior needs to get in the sea if jrs career is to reach it's full potential.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 8:36 am

I've been saying for a while Jacobs is the man I'd like to see next up for Eubank. That would tell us a lot more about Eubank and if he's anywhere near ready for Golovkin. I'm in a way relieved he's not fighting Golovkin yet, he's two years away from that fight surely and it'd be a shame were he to get destroyed and never reach his full potential.

Either English is an idiot who's going to ruin his son's career which is what I was starting to think or he's one hell of a promoter. Suddenly the GGG/Eubank fight is looking bigger than ever(if jr can beat the right people.) So they should do it the right way, build up to it in stages, Eubank jr should earn his shot, eliminate all the other contenders around him of which there don't seem to be that many. So maybe a year away from Golovkin rather than two if he takes the right fights.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:26 am

GGG is 34...Eubank has time on his side...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:33 am

The Jacobs fight is interesting, no foregone conclusion surely. Jacobs is good but not that good..

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:50 am

I fancy Eubank...Not sold on Jacobs and amateur pedigree is no pointer either...

I remember the team of 88....Maynard, Banks, Foster, Mercer etc...

Hardly set the world a light like the 84 lot did.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:02 am

Does Jr have any decent wins on his ledger yet....??

Wake me up when he does.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:09 am

Eubank would beat Jacobs, no doubt.

Watched Jacobs since his first few fights when they were shown on undercards on Sky and I've never seen the fuss with him.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:13 am

RanjitPatel wrote:Eubank would beat Jacobs, no doubt.

Watched Jacobs since his first few fights when they were shown on undercards on Sky and I've never seen the fuss with him.

Tyson didn't have any good wins before Berbick...Saw the potential..

I think Eubank has enough for Jacobs....We are in agreement Ranj..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

He's come on leaps and bounds from his early channel 5 fights. As would be expected but I reckon he's got a lot more to offer. GGG might always be a bridge too far though. Jacobs and the like are well within his range.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:38 am

Trouble is Stevenson will be too scared to throw it, certainly with any regularity, Kov will step back and counter then it's lights out. Stevenson knows it, he has no faith in his chin, that's why he pulled the one move that could scupper the fight.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:39 am

jacobs certainly out-powers eubank, so we'd get a good test for eubank's chin.

But Jacob's looks ready to go, when he gets caught. Aside from the pirog starching... and he was wobbled a few times in that fight, he's been dropped by mora. Neither of those two are monstrous punchers so, I don't see why eubank couldn;t trouble him. On the flipside, the guy has stopped everyone since the pirog fight. It's an interesting match up.

Everytime I mention pirog, I'm reminded that he got crocked in training for a golovkin fight. What a fight that would have been... I really liked pirog as a fighter.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:42 am

I just posted on the wrong thread, sorry about that milky.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:42 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Trouble is Stevenson will be too scared to throw it, certainly with any regularity, Kov will step back and counter then it's lights out. Stevenson knows it, he has no faith in his chin, that's why he pulled the one move that could scupper the fight.

Always find it amusing how a guy that beats Dawson and Bellew gets his lights put out and yet journeymen like Chilemba don't..

Simplistic rubbish...

Stevo v Kov would be mouthwatering as Adam Smith would say about any fight on SKY..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:43 am

Pirogs post jacobs career was phenomenonally disappointing.

I think anyone with a good ring IQ like jacobs has can out jab and counter eubank. Think when he goes back to world level the difference in pedigree will show

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:46 am

Stevenson has a flimsy chin, he knows it, plus his legs turn to jelly every time he hears Sergy's name. Shane stopped Tony couldn't stop Cotto so what? Other factors involved. Poor logic.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:49 am

There is a feeling too that Eubank may come unstuck against boxers at world level

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:59 am

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:Pirogs post jacobs career was phenomenonally disappointing.

I think anyone with a good ring IQ like jacobs has can out jab and counter eubank. Think when he goes back to world level the difference in pedigree will show

unspectacular yep, but it lasted less than two years... bit like golovkin no big fights came off, everyone blaming each other while picking off safe defences. He did sign for golovkin though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:11 am

A good world level but not top class boxer would help dispel the notion that Eubank is going to struggle with boxers. Step forward Jacobs

Eubank did gave away first six rounds against classy pure boxer Saunders but was finding a way last six rounds of that fight. Jury's out, can see where those critics are coming from, but did inexperience rather than lack of ability/ringcraft cost him against Saunders? Maybe he will always struggle with boxers though I'm not convinced, he's more adaptable than people think

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:56 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Stevenson has a flimsy chin, he knows it, plus his legs turn to jelly every time he hears Sergy's name. Shane stopped Tony couldn't stop Cotto so what? Other factors involved. Poor logic.

Cheap smearing of Stevenson..

Is good logic apparently..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

You must be one of the only people alive for blaming Kovalev for that fight not happening. I wonder about your intelligence sometimes

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:12 pm

Why go all cheap and accuse me of blaming Kovo for the fight not happening..

Stevo v Kovo is a mouthwatering fight......Anyone on here would shell out for it....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Trouble is Stevenson will be too scared to throw it, certainly with any regularity, Kov will step back and counter then it's lights out. Stevenson knows it, he has no faith in his chin, that's why he pulled the one move that could scupper the fight.

Always find it amusing how a guy that beats Dawson and Bellew gets his lights put out and yet journeymen like Chilemba don't..

Simplistic rubbish...

Stevo v Kov would be mouthwatering as Adam Smith would say about any fight on SKY..

A few posts above you state the following - "Tyson didn't have any good wins before Berbick...Saw the potential.."

Then criticise others for "simplistic rubbish". Oh the irony.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:23 pm

Yep...Next.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:23 pm

Stevenson is a complete scumbag in my book. The fight was all set up. Stevenson jumps ship like a rat at the last minute. Scumbag move. Haven't you been following at all Truss?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:25 pm

You're entitled to have that view..

Doesn't change the fact he has a good chance of winning..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:32 pm

One in a million grant you but Kovalev will get to him first sure as eggs are eggs.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:43 pm

Alright..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:47 pm

All opinions isn't it

Fight never happens though, I know that much

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:25 pm

Eubank has zero chance for me and that includes in 2-3 years time.

Billy Joe Saunders gave a good take on it (he also half hinted GGG would beat him. He said 'if' someone was to beat him, he'd be the one). He said Eubank is a good fighter but an awful boxer, which is true. GGG has a pedigree boxing background and in the unlikely event he was in trouble he'd just box and cruise like BJS did in the first half of their fight.

Eubank's power is vastly overrated too. He has to literally load up 100% to hurt people and due to this is wide open. Sure he has his dad's chin but sure he'll get hit clean too often to take GGG's power over 12.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:36 pm

For age to be a factor GGG would have to get very old very quickly AND suddenly lose the ability to box.

As per Valero (and BJS), Eubank Jr can't box for sh!t and has shown no evidence of that changing. He's looked good against limited come forward fighters, he hasn't boxed anybody, and all his training vids are about his speed and power - none show him moving his head or feat.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:52 pm

I'm still trying to process what on earth Eubank presents to justify being seen as a step up in what Golovkin has fought. You could argue that both Macklin and Murray should have had world titles. Geale and Lemieux are both former world champs. Fair enough to criticize his level of opposition, but I struggle... Genuinely struggle... to see how Eubank is an upgrade
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 2:13 pm

Exactly.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:19 pm

kingraf wrote:I'm still trying to process what on earth Eubank presents to justify being seen as a step up in what Golovkin has fought. You could argue that both Macklin and Murray should have had world titles. Geale and Lemieux are both former world champs. Fair enough to criticize his level of opposition, but I struggle... Genuinely struggle... to see how Eubank is an upgrade

Raf... I think you're forgetting how good he looks in sparring....

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:49 pm

Hammered Carl Froch in sparring. You can't slap about an international superstar unless you're the second coming of of Sugar Smoking Joe Ali.

Or am I being simplistic now?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:29 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Eubank has zero chance for me and that includes in 2-3 years time.

It is just a silly statement....37 is old for a fighter......34 isn't too young either......

Couldn't see Spinks beating a 32 year old Holmes but he beat a 35 year old one...

Fighters get old...Tanks go....Timing goes...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:20 pm

He's not going to improve though. It may have happened if he'd stuck it out with Adam booth but i don't think at this point he's going to suddenly start developing ringcraft with his current corner.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:04 pm

Harsh muffwig, some fighters would die to have a father advising them how to sit properly on a stool and a trainer giving sound tactical advice like 'just get out there and **#* him', in their biggest fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why go all cheap and accuse me of blaming Kovo for the fight not happening..

Stevo v Kovo is a mouthwatering fight......Anyone on here would shell out for it....

Herman's views on everything are simplistic, everyone he doesn't like is a ducker and everyone he does like is beyond any blame.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:33 am

My arguments may be simplistic hammer, but at least I'm not a simpleton, no names mentioned Cool

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:41 am

Never been more proud to be a simpleton

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:58 am

Blaming Kovalev for the Stevenson fight falling through dear oh dear

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:47 pm

'That' t-shirt always gives Superduck a pass sadly....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:03 pm

...moving on..

Going to be interesting to see who Eubank fights next...

Have to be someone of quality or he looks a bit of a wally...

Unless Sr bows to Hearn's demands after Brook loses and settles for the same deal and egg on his face..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 13 Jul 2016, 6:34 pm

Think the GGG ship has passed in the short term tbh. GGG seems to have enough credit in the bank to cash grab and get away with it here, but if rumours of a Canelo Sept 2017 bout have any traction then he's gonna need to get back on the horse in a big way next time he fights. Jacobs/Mora winner or Saunders in a unification has to be his next play
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down