The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mantracker

3 posters

Go down

Mantracker Empty Mantracker

Post by CFCNick Sun 05 Jun 2011, 2:39 am

Has anyone seen this? I think it's brilliant.

If you haven't seen it, it's on Extreme (SKY 419) every day at 1pm, 6pm and 10pm. It's a Canadian show and basically it's two members of the public (The Prey), who have a pre-existing relationship, trying to reach a designated finish point 30-60km away within 36 hours and without getting caught by Mantracker. Mantracker (Terry Grant, who has 25 years working with Search and Rescue) is a man on a horse and he is accompanied by a local nature expert, also on a horse.

The Prey are armed with a map, a compass and at night if they choose they can camp in a tent. They also get a 2km headstart but must fire a flare to let Mantracker know he can commence the chase.

The Prey travel through varied terrain, often going off-trail and "bushwhacking" through dense brush, over hills, rocky ground, and even rivers and lakes to reach the finish line and to escape the Mantracker. The race often includes overnight camping, but there is no pre-set stopping point on day one or starting time on day two. Although the Prey travel on foot, they can use other transportation modes. For example, in one episode the Prey hitchhiked a ride for a short distance. In another episode, the Prey used rock climbing gear to scale down a steep cliff.

Unless time runs out, the race ends when the Prey successfully arrive at the finish line or if the Mantracker or the Sidekick captures them. To capture the Prey, the Mantracker or the Sidekick must tag or somehow block their movement, but if the rider and horse get close enough, the Prey often concedes. If one of the Prey is caught, the remaining one can continue alone.

It's been running for 6 years and in 47 episodes Mantracker has been beaten 22 times.

I think it's great, if you haven't seen it I urge you to check it out.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Mantracker Empty Re: Mantracker

Post by djlovesyou Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:16 am

I love Mantracker.

I especially like the one where the Belgian model left her knickers in the tree to goad the Mantracker, and he got pretty peed off.

Think she got caught though.

In fairness though, I do feel it's a little bit rigged. Given that when they're hiding, they've often got a cameraman stuck out showing exactly where they are.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

It's such a good show a little bit surreal to watch but still amazing!!!
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum