The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN ROYAL LONDON CUP

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty SURREY VS GLAMORGAN ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 31 Jul 2016, 8:11 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A FIFTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP GAME AGAINST GLAMORGAN AT THE KIA OVAL ON MONDAY.
Gary Wilson returns to the One Day Squad but Zafar Ansari is unavailable for selection due to a back injury.
The Surrey squad to play Glamorgan at the Kia Oval in the Royal London One Day Cup on Monday 1st August:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Aaron Finch
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Stuart Meaker
Mathew Pillans
Jason Roy
Dominic Sibley
Freddie van den Bergh
Gary Wilson
As long as Davies is ok no need to change a winning side Very Happy if not wilson to come in
Footittt,Pillans,van den Berg and wilson to share drink duties
Saying that the forecast for tomorrow is awful Sad
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by guildfordbat Sun 31 Jul 2016, 9:58 pm

Thanks, JimBob. Completely agree on the team.

Very annoying weather forecast - hope the Corporal can come up with something better Wink . Particularly as I'm going tomorrow. Also, we seem to have hit good form whilst Glamorgan were pulverised by Jimbo's Hants today - don't want to be sharing the points.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by SimonofSurrey Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:36 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks, JimBob. Completely agree on the team.

Very annoying weather forecast - hope the Corporal can come up with something better Wink . Particularly as I'm going tomorrow. Also, we seem to have hit good form whilst Glamorgan were pulverised by Jimbo's Hants today - don't want to be sharing the points.

No kidding: Surrey have won 5 of our last 6 in all competitions, and our most recent game in each of the three formats comfortably. Qualification for the 1/4s of the One Day Cup is in our own hands - IF the weather relents. As things stand, two wins would do it. Our run rate already is far better than anyone else likely to end with the same number of points. Even if we are rained off tomorrow - or even lose - we might potentially still have a 'winner takes all' final game v Middlesex. Spicy!!

I hope we make the 1/4s then play as we can against whomever. If our best isn't good enough, so be it. But it would be horrible to be left with another 'if only' near miss like the T20.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 01 Aug 2016, 12:09 pm

Forecast not looking good. Fair prospect that most/all of the first innings will be completed. But doubtful that team batting second will get long enough for Duckworth Lewis to kick in.  I imagine that whoever wins the toss will insert the opposition.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 01 Aug 2016, 1:51 pm

Terrible toss for Batty to lose stewards enquiry needed
Surrey team as expected

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 01 Aug 2016, 2:36 pm

Surrey  61 - 1 after 8 overs.  Finch out for 17 but Roy king already on to 36.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 01 Aug 2016, 3:00 pm

109 - 1 after 14 overs with Roy king  on 66* and Davies on 22*.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 01 Aug 2016, 6:02 pm

Bloody rain furious

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 01 Aug 2016, 6:15 pm

Well the rain has rather thwarted another Jason Roy masterclass
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 01 Aug 2016, 6:44 pm

Pity about the rain - a little way SSE of London there's been hardly any rain so far this afternoon. Surrey scoring at a very respectable T20 pace - would most likely have achieved a score some way in excess of 350.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 01 Aug 2016, 8:23 pm

Home now. That was very good and very annoying!

Roy had some luck (two lives) but made the most of it and thoroughly entertained for the 19 overs we got against an ordinary Glamorgan side. Typical savagery on anything short or wide but also several beautifully timed legside flicks. I heard from an itk source [ok, JimBob Very Happy ] that he was distinctly unchuffed to be denied a century.

I knew I was taking a big risk with the weather. However, the really annoying thing was that after a sizeable hold-up which probably didn't need to be as long as it was, all were going back out again when it started raining once more before they got to the middle and that effectively was that. It wouldn't have made any difference to the result but would have allowed Roy the chance of his ton and some deserved satisfaction for the spectators.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down