The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Good TV Programme You Watched thread.

+14
talkingpoint
MR. scotland27
easthfc
CFCNick
AquaArab
Pr4wn
GG
Adam D
dummy_half
ADMIN
hornbloweroafc
Dexter Morgan
Crimey
Cari
18 posters

Go down

The Last Good TV Programme You Watched thread. Empty The Last Good TV Programme You Watched thread.

Post by Cari Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:17 am

I notice they have similar on the book and film sections, so I thought I'd ask members what they've been watching lately. The best TV show I've watched recently was on last bank holiday weekend I watched my entire boxed set of "Our Friends in the North". I had it for Christmas but hadn't got around to watching it until now. I don't know if many of you remember it. It was originally shown on the BBC in the mid 1990s, starred Daniel Craig (yes, he who is now James Bond) Christopher Eccleston (former Dr Who) and Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange) among other familiar faces.

It's a story about a gang of four friends lives told over a 30 year period from the 1960s to 1990s, and how their lives and relationship change over time. I'd highly recommend it if you see on cable or anything. Smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115305/

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Last Good TV Programme You Watched thread. Empty Re: The Last Good TV Programme You Watched thread.

Post by Crimey Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:21 am

I don't watch much TV really, if I do watch stuff I watch it on i-player, 4od.

But these are the last couple of good tv shows I have watched:

The Ricky Gervais Show
Dr. Who
Misfits
Sherlock

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Last Good TV Programme You Watched thread. Empty Re: The Last Good TV Programme You Watched thread.

Post by Dexter Morgan Sun 05 Jun 2011, 1:40 pm

Documentary wise a fantastic series I watched was "Wonders of the Solar System", brilliant look into one of my favourite past subjects at school

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

idiot abroad (cant wait for the new series!)
Boardwalk Empire
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:56 pm

Game of Thrones, cannot recommend it enough, possibly the greatest 1st series I've ever seen.

True Blood, consistantly good and with the added benefit of lots of redheads.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

agree with both choices Hero! Game of Thrones as been immense so far!

Not missed a single episode of True Blood, me and the wife are obsessed with it and cant wait for the new series with witches this time Very Happy
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:21 pm

The West Wing, at least up to the end of the 3rd series.

Band of Brothers - also, make sure after watching the series you also watch the documentary where two of the veterans return to the forests around Bastogne.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:44 pm

Dr Who this weekend.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

I'd also highly recommend The Red Riding Trilogy. Am amazing, extraordinary work of TV.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

Sopranos. Its being showed on Sky Atlantic from the 1st to last series. Currently on the 2nd one.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 08 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

Fringe, love that show.

Also, not sure if anyone watched Inside the Human Body on BBC1 over the last couple of weeks. Fascinating.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Wed 08 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

Game of Thrones has been excellent and not looking forward to it finishing. On the plus side have just bought the first series of spartacus so will make a start on that.
Other shows I watch are Modern family, Raising Hope and Bones, all great entertainment. Also just saw last night the new series of Dexter is coming on soon so that's a bonus.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 08 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

Pretty Little Liars season 1 was brilliant. Can't wait for season 2 to start on the 14th.

Other shows I've been watching recently are Supernatural, Chuck, Glee and Gossip Girl.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

Has anyone been watching The Shadow Line on BBC2? It's fantastic drama - very slick.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu 16 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

Breaking bad
Game of Thrones
The Office US

Last edited by easthfc on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

Did anyone watch Luther the other night, a great piece of drama and I really need to start watching the first series.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 24 Jun 2011, 7:00 pm

the last 'new' programme I saw that I thought was really good was the Sherlock Holmes mini series. I thought the stories were excellent, the cinematography or whatever the fancy word for it is was superb, just a really stylish thought provoking fictional crime drama. Smile

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 24 Jun 2011, 7:22 pm

Sherlock was very, very good IMO. I think Stephen Moffat is a very good writer/director, Dr. Who has improved a lot and they were all very good, much better than the Downey film version.

I'm looking forward to it returning, I think they are doing the Hound of the Baskervilles which will be interesting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

I've only just purchased Arrested Development, but it is hilarious -- recommend to anyone!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:16 pm

MR. scotland27 wrote:Did anyone watch Luther the other night, a great piece of drama and I really need to start watching the first series.

Fantastic show! OK

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:40 pm

Only a couple of current ones...Dr Who, Top Gear and Penn & Teller: Fool Me (or something like that).

Plenty of recent-ish ones though, including

Chuck
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Wonders of the Universe
James May's Toy Stories / Big Ideas
Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections
Sanctuary
Primeval
Torchwood
Battlestar Galactica
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Going back a bit further there was:

X-Files
3rd Rock From the Sun
Monarch of the Glen
Farscape
Andromeda
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

Top Gear is highly entertaining as usual, even though I know nor care much about cars.

I'd also recommend at 9 o'clock tonight (I know that clashes with The Apprentice) the fly-on-the-wall doc on Channel 4 about the A & E in London. It's actually quite funny and poignant in places.

I haven't really been watching anything else regularly.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:33 pm

D-wolfe, I also loved Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. Was gutted they didnt carry it on!

Also Farscape, totally forgot about that!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

Just a heads up. If you're in tonight, and have access to BBC4, they're repeating the first series of Spiral. It's a French crime drama - absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it. It's on from 9pm

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 03 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

Top Gear
How I Met Your Mother ( brilliant )
Two and a Half Men ( the ones with sheen )
Doctor Who
Friends
Episodes ( not bad )

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down