The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye - A puzzle.....I can't solve !!!

+6
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
smashingstormcrow
superflyweight
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

David Haye - A puzzle.....I can't solve !!! Empty David Haye - A puzzle.....I can't solve !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Aug 2016, 2:59 pm

Probably made $30 million out of boxing (I guess good luck to him)......Best win is arguably Enzo Maccarinelli.....Suspiciously backed out of the first Fury fight with a cut days before the fight........Told the world he'd destroy Wlad and then ran like a thief.... Then ripped off fans even more by saying he was injured before the fight....No class..

Now selling venues out for guys that you wouldn't call bums (Bums deserve more respect) for a million bucks a time.....With atrocious undercards to boot..

The guy makes PT Barnum look like an amateur !!.....Now apparently we are all licking our lips for Shannon Briggs...No thanks but he'll still probably get 20,0000 people......

Stunk out against Audley.....Stunk out against Wlad and the last two fights were laughable..

My guess is he doesn't want to fight Fury or Joshua ... after all he bottled Wlad or made a good impression of a guy that did !!... Might if push comes to shove fight Wilder.......But only if the gravy runs out...

David Haye - Is a puzzle to me and I can't solve it !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

David Haye - A puzzle.....I can't solve !!! Empty Re: David Haye - A puzzle.....I can't solve !!!

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 26 Aug 2016, 4:44 pm

He's got an expensive divorce coming up so expect the bum conveyor belt to run for some considerable time. He can't let the gravy train dry up too soon by losing to any decent fighters.

Great at cruiserweight. An absolute fraud at heavy.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

David Haye - A puzzle.....I can't solve !!! Empty Re: David Haye - A puzzle.....I can't solve !!!

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2016, 4:47 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooooh he's single!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 26 Aug 2016, 4:58 pm

Think I'd have Mormeck as his best win.

Good win against a decent cruiser in Mormeck's backyard and showed a fair bit of resilience and fighting spirit to come back and take the win.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Aug 2016, 5:19 pm

Pick Enzo to beat that Mormeck...

Good cruiserweight as mandrake says..No money there as Holy found out and rightly so as it is a nothing division.

Heaven forbid we get Bellew v Haye...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Fri 26 Aug 2016, 5:50 pm

Bit harsh to say that Enzo mac is his best win. I'd have Mormeck, Ruiz... even Chisora down as better opponents. Valuev probably a tougher task, even if just for his size.

But my god, I cringe at what he's become. And now it's looking like he's not even going to fight Shannon bloody Briggs...

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Aug 2016, 6:09 pm

Mormeck was drawing his pension when he lost to Haye......Chisora is British level at best.....As for Ruiz he lost to Valuev twice before Haye fought him.......

Mormeck and Ruiz may have been better but not when Haye fought them..

I said his best win was Enzo if you read the thread.....I never said he was the best fighter he fought..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Aug 2016, 6:34 pm

Mormeck was his best win - came back from being seriously buzzed to absolutely flatten the Frenchman.

A lot of fighters are deluded - comes with the job - but Haye is seriously deluded. Part of me thinks he's the most ruthless huckster since King. The other realises he believes he's a great fighter (and his world title wins over the likes of Valuev and Audley actually meant something).

I think the potions he took to become the most ridiculously cartoon-like muscle man heavy since Holyfield have sent him round the twist.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 26 Aug 2016, 7:38 pm

Don't know how anyone can call him a great cruiserweight he may have been lucky that the division was probably at the weakest it's ever been and that's saying something. So there's an element of doubt for me, a strong element of doubt as to just how good a cruiserweight he was.

If only Huck, a relatively dominant cruiserweight had been operating there the same time as Haye. People say Haye demolishes Huck but what has Thompson got that the Serbian hasn't?

It can be an unjust sport, I'm sure there are many, more talented fighters who never made a fraction of what Haye has earned. His choice of opponent at heavyweight has been a joke. The Chisora win was decent note I say decent I don't say very good, ran like a thief in the night against Wlad in a stomach-churning performance after all the talk.  Jury out until he fights a Fury(against whom he pulled out twice) or a Wilder but frankly he doesn't deserve the payday. Fight a Miller or someone to earn the shot at one of those and then I'd say fair play.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 26 Aug 2016, 8:00 pm

He is a good self publicist and he looked and sounded the part at a time when heavyweight boxing was desperate for a spark of life (a heavyweight who looked in good nick and could generate some headlines). I think so many wanted to belive he was the real deal that reputations die hard. Similar to how on the other side of the fence Fury cant shake the repution of being an untalented oaf because so many want it to be true.

I think Haye's gig has always been to treat boxing exclusively as a money making venture and is very good and identifying his target audience and being self aware enough to sell to them. Hes been helped by circumstances of a very weak division which has let him get away with it longer than he should have. But the guy knows what he wants and knows how to get it. Its the cross over appeal and ability to sell to those that are happy to pay their cash, turn up and watch him knock out a stiff, get p1ssed and go home fully satisfied. Same kind of thing going on with darts. Tabloid sporting events.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 27 Aug 2016, 11:01 am

My own view is Haye entered the division with the best of intentions, but fairly early in the piece he realised doing what he had done at cruiser to the heavies was a different proposition and so decided to adopt a maximum reward minimum risk approach. Think what happened is he was buzzed a couple of times against Barrett and it kind of dawned on him that if a one foot out of the sport ageing gatekeeper type like Barrett could do that what would happen if he went in all guns blazing against Wlad or even Vitali at that time.

What he also realised is enough people had bought into his saviour of the division, Mr Excitement spiel to allow him to make reasonable enough money without actually taking on huge risks. Still believe he only took Wlad on once Sky had had enough and said they weren't funding or tolerating another Audley. What must be a positive boon to him is that despite all the false dawns, despite the humiliation against Wlad there are still enough people willing to believe his talk and there is still money to made against the De Mori's and Briggs of this world.

He will nurse his sideshow through for a while longer, come February he will pick off one of the lower hanging fruits of the world rankings which will justify him getting a Wembley gig against Joshua some time next summer. At that point he'll ride off into the sunset a wealthy man. Suspect if Joshua knocks him cold in a second he will still have plenty who believe he is the saviour of the division. The true Haye believers are like those Rapture types in America, no matter how many false dawns they live through it is never quite enough to completely destroy their faith.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 27 Aug 2016, 2:39 pm

Rowley wrote:My own view is Haye entered the division with the best of intentions, but fairly early in the piece he realised doing what he had done at cruiser to the heavies was a different proposition and so decided to adopt a maximum reward minimum risk approach. Think what happened is he was buzzed a couple of times against Barrett and it kind of dawned on him that if a one foot out of the sport ageing gatekeeper type like Barrett could do that what would happen if he went in all guns blazing against Wlad or even Vitali at that time.

What he also realised is enough people had bought into his saviour of the division, Mr Excitement spiel to allow him to make reasonable enough money without actually taking on huge risks. Still believe he only took Wlad on once Sky had had enough and said they weren't funding or tolerating another Audley. What must be a positive boon to him is that despite all the false dawns, despite the humiliation against Wlad there are still enough people willing to believe his talk and there is still money to made against the De Mori's and Briggs of this world.

He will nurse his sideshow through for a while longer, come February he will pick off one of the lower hanging fruits of the world rankings which will justify him getting a Wembley gig against Joshua some time next summer. At that point he'll ride off into the sunset a wealthy man. Suspect if Joshua knocks him cold in a second he will still have plenty who believe he is the saviour of the division. The true Haye believers are like those Rapture types in America, no matter how many false dawns they live through it is never quite enough to completely destroy their faith.

OK

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Sat 27 Aug 2016, 7:39 pm

Nothing puzzling about him. A boxer that's enjoys making lots of money and wants to take the path of least resistance to get it. Public opinion and legacy would likely be a secondary consideration to him.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 28 Aug 2016, 1:05 pm

Truss I think you have solved the puzzle that is David haye in your OP.

Haye is taking advantage of the dynamic of boxing fans who are mearly there to see a spectacle before heading to town for a night on the tiles.

These "fans" are willing to fork out good money to watch haye fight and are none the wiser to the pedigree of his opponent they just want to see 2 big men knock 7 bells out of each other .....sad but true.

Oh yeah...

IM BACK

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down