The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Klitschko OFF

+21
ShahenshahG
bellchees
EX7EY
catchweight
Pedro147
Hammersmith harrier
kingraf
milkyboy
compelling and rich
Ronikara
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
TopHat24/7
horizontalhero
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
BoxingFan88
mobilemaster8
Dipper Brown
AdamT
hazharrison
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fury vs Klitschko OFF - Page 3 Empty Fury vs Klitschko OFF

Post by hazharrison Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Oh dear....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko OFF - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko OFF

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:41 pm

AJ knocks him out in two rounds........If he's scared of Fury he'll be terrified of Joshua..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Not 100% convinced Joshua would go into the fight so bullish and fear he'd be a little more circumspect

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:59 pm

You could be right who knows ??......But a 40 year old guy that walks forward in straight lines and is gunshy should be manna from heaven for a younger, fitter puncher like AJ...

Like you say it is a mental sport as much as physical though

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:00 pm

I hate jumping on the bandwagon, but I think AJ will chin him. The time is right.

Wlad has been putting all his effort on fighting the awkward, relatively light punching, unpredictable Fury.

Will he be ready for the stronger, younger, faster, more aggressive heavy.

If Wlad is as good as he was, he could maybe outfox and jab his way to victory.

Though my bet is, AJ goes straight for the jugular and finishes him inside 3-4 rounds.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Don't think Klitschko couldn't bomb Joshua out. AJ looks wide open and is fairly one-dimensional.

That's what 17 easy fights gets you.

Let's hope not.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:11 pm

hazharrison wrote:Don't think Klitschko couldn't bomb Joshua out. AJ looks wide open and is fairly one-dimensional.

Let's hope not.

If he lets his hands go, he can bomb many a fighter out. Past or present.

The problem is, he doesn't let the right hand go too often now. Especially when he is afraid of retaliation.

40 year old Wlad isn't the man to beat AJ. I would of picked him a year ago.

Aj is getting more confident by the day. Wlad is/was an aging champion. It's AJ's fight to lose!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:12 pm

horizontalhero wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Only need to look at this forum, anyone I know who knows about him and the YTBC to see they have a point

He dethroned 'The man' at heavyweight in his own back yard and got virtually NO credit for it. Yet the 'Faded' Klitschko is still going to be heavily favoured over Joshua, Pulev, rematch with Povetkin, Wilder etc..

Tells you something really

I would pick Tyson to beat Wald even clearer this time, unfortunately it isn't going to happen

Feel sorry for Tyson, but it could be because of this impending drugs investigation and he doesn't want to be in the spotlight when it all comes crashing down, who knows?

I totally agree that he hasn't been given the respect he definitely deserves for that great win

Hopefully someone else in the heavyweight division can see how Tyson beat him and see if they can replicate it, I doubt it though

Wlad is 40 years old though, so he will probably retire soon anyway

Can't agree with the statement that he got virtually no credit- at the time he got loads of credit by critics and fans alike, but then rather than getting on with is career, he spent the next 10 months making an arse of himself, and eroding the good will. He could have underlined the performance by defending the title - instead his first move to confirm who he wouldn't defend against, and in a division as shallow as HW that hardly filled us fans with hope. Yes the win deserved respect, but let's not over inflate it. His subsequent inactivity means that it looks like one highlight in an otherwise mediocre career , and against that back drop people are bound to question how much Wlad had left in the tank, and let's be honest, Wlad is not going to be heavily favored if he fights Joshua.
Oh, and what does YTBC mean?

YTBC - Youtube Boxing Community

You might see LDBC as well - Lions Den Boxing Community LMFAO

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Youtube boxing comments are mostly a load of sh1t.

All a pack of fanboys and trolls.

Makes us 'bad uns' look rational!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:15 pm

AdamT wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Don't think Klitschko couldn't bomb Joshua out. AJ looks wide open and is fairly one-dimensional.

Let's hope not.

If he lets his hands go, he can bomb many a fighter out. Past or present.

The problem is, he doesn't let the right hand go too often now. Especially when he is afraid of retaliation.

40 year old Wlad isn't the man to beat AJ. I would of picked him a year ago.

Aj is getting more confident by the day. Wlad is/was an aging champion. It's AJ's fight to lose!

You might be right, I would love to see it that's for sure!

I think Wlad is better than Fury made him look though

I mean it wasn't too long ago that he starched Pulev cold in a great performance

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:19 pm

Still not sold on AJ myself. I've been saying it for months. He may be the real deal and I hope he is. But he's beaten nobody, literally nobody. And to think what he has beaten has earnt him a version of the heavweight championship of the world, absolute travesty. Dillian Whyte is considered his best win by most, let that sink in for a moment.

No doubt he's got some serious power and he's not a bad boxer. Don't 'win' olympic gold if you can't box. He may beat Wlad now, we don't really know what's left of Wlad do we really.

No chance Hearn is putting him anywhere near Wlad right now though let's be honest.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:21 pm

He has smashed everyone put in front of him. Wlad is 40 years old.

Unless he gets AJ out of there early he will struggle. Wlad has the power to knock anyone out. But will he be aggressive enough to force a stoppage, when he probably fears what can be thrown back at him.

I honestly think Wlad will be a deer in the headlights. Joshua will decapitate him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:23 pm

No chance. Joshua is the biggest golden goose Hearn will ever have in his career.

Hence the fact they were looking at Hughie Fury...

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:25 pm

You could be right Adam. I'm just not sure what exactly AJ is because he hasn't fought anybody even remotely dangerous has he lets be honest.

Yes he has beaten everybody put in front of him, you're quite right. I'm not trying to take anything away from him at all. He could go on to be one of the best heavyweight champions in history but I can't help feeling when he comes up against a real test he will be exposed. Genuinely hope I am wrong.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Wlad is old. Forget the guy that intimated Haye, or put on a pretty decent performance against Pulev.

He has had his time. If he were a couple years younger and didn't suffer the humiliating loss against Fury, I would pick him for sure.

Time is of the essence.

Hearn should strike now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:28 pm

EX7EY wrote:Still not sold on AJ myself. I've been saying it for months. He may be the real deal and I hope he is. But he's beaten nobody, literally nobody. And to think what he has beaten has earnt him a version of the heavweight championship of the world, absolute travesty. Dillian Whyte is considered his best win by most, let that sink in for a moment.

Yet you'll quite happily blow smoke up Parker's backside based on even less......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:31 pm

AdamT wrote:Youtube boxing comments are mostly a load of sh1t.

Not in the comments section, they are usually a bunch of trolls, but people who actually make videos

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:32 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:

Not in the comments section, they are usually a bunch of trolls, but people who actually make videos

Manny Pacquaio fans! Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:35 pm

AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

LOL, well there are varying degrees of them

My absolute favourite quote was in a heated argument, someone called him "Floyd IV Gayfeather" LOL

Must have been absolutely fuming when he wrote that as well

Like something a 10 year old would write, oh hang on...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Floid Gayrunner!!

Manny Pacroid!!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:45 pm

I think Eddie would prefer to take Wlad next year but he's caught between a rock and a hard place. Wlad is ripe for the taking and if bunch of know-nothing f*cktards on a boxing forum know this then you can be sure that every other HW out there also knows it. They'll want to get Wlad as they (probably with some justification) feel he's on the slide.

All signs point to AJ being the winner if they fight next year but is Wlad likely to wait that long should Fury be stripped? However, throw AJ in now and he's still raw enough to get himself tagged and then the rebuilding process takes much longer than a year IMO.

My belief is that the various boxing bodies will want the belts fragmenting so they can go about organizing another Super 6 to milk as much as possible in sanctioning fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Smart move for Wlad would be to pressure the bodies to strip Fury..

Might as well get a cheap belt and 50/50 at Wembley next summer for a monster like AJ.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Smart move for Wlad would be to pressure the bodies to strip Fury..

Might as well get a cheap belt and 50/50 at Wembley next summer for a monster like AJ.
Can't see him taking any other approach.

If Fury is mentally incapable of fighting they can't reasonably expect fighters to wait around for him to recover sufficiently and if he's not mentally ill then he needs stripping anyway as how can we have a champion who uses the excuse that he's mentally unwell as a means of getting out of a fight when in reality he's just fat, unmotivated and likely to be fighting in front of three men and jack Russell?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:59 pm

AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

it really is remarkable how every single thread you post on seems to end up with you typing either Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. Doesn't even seem to matter what the original subject matter was
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Smart move for Wlad would be to pressure the bodies to strip Fury..

If Fury is mentally incapable of fighting they can't reasonably expect fighters to wait around for him to recover sufficiently and if he's not mentally ill then he needs stripping anyway as how can we have a champion who uses the excuse that he's mentally unwell as a means of getting out of a fight when in reality he's just fat, unmotivated and likely to be fighting in front of three men and jack Russell?

How? Because he's Tyson Fury, that's how!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm

kingraf wrote:
AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

it really is remarkable how every single thread you post on seems to end up with you typing either Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. Doesn't even seem to matter what the original subject matter was

It actually doesn't if you go over my post history. It's just me and boxing 88 have been having a bit of banter about it recently.

Do you understand, 'is it any of your business' what I post!

Don't like it, hit the foe button.  Cool

I apologize for mentioning these two fighters. I will never mention the two again. (lies)

I wanted to hit you with a comeback Raf, but I find you totally irrelevant and mostly skip by what you say. Only caught this, because my name was quoted!!

Last edited by AdamT on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Fury should be stripped. 100%. Even if an independent bonafied medical opinion confirms his camp's 'health claims' (something which as yet has NOT happened).

AJ fights Parker for a shot at the vacants versus Wlad.

That would be my ideal scenario.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

+1 clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:07 pm

AdamT wrote:
kingraf wrote:
AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

It actually doesn't if you go over my post history. It's just me and boxing 88 have been having a bit of banter about it recently.

To be fair, you are correct. It's either that or the altogether more relatable chip in of how well Conor Mcgregor sells. Rolling Eyes
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Of course Raf I do remember your insightful knowledge on the weightlifting board. I actually thought Dorian himself had an account with us.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:12 pm

AdamT wrote:
kingraf wrote:
AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

I apologize for mentioning these two fighters. I will never mention the two again. (lies)

I wanted to hit you with a comeback Raf, but I find you totally irrelevant and mostly skip by what you say. Only caught this, because my name was quoted!!

Think that was more to do with the argument/debate we had a few days ago

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Aye it was mate.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Wlad V Haye 2 for the WBA Super belt or WBO belt, then winner v AJ next summer would be good for all parties- Wlad not scared of Haye- ticks the box for him, Haye gets undeserved chance a big money rematch- ticks the box for him, easy fight to sell- ticks the box for the promoters, AJ gets another two easy defences under his belt before a serious challenge-ticks the box for him.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Fury should 100% be stripped if he can't defend the titles with the sactioning bodies time period

He can become the champion in emeritus/interim/super/tiddlywinks

Or whatever the hell its called these days, changes per belt

Then he can challenge the champion when he is well again

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:16 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Fury should 100% be stripped if he can't defend the titles with the sactioning bodies time period

He can become the champion in emeritus/interim/super/tiddlywinks

Or whatever the hell its called these days, changes per belt

Then he can challenge the champion when he is well again

Makes sense and really needs to happen.

He gets himself sorted, he can have first crack at the champ. Or a tune up, if required.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:17 pm

AdamT wrote:Aye it was mate.
Hug

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Whether he should be stripped or not is a tricky question. I agree with the idea that the titles cannot just go on the shelf indefinitely, and if there is one thing a governing body hates it is the sanctioning fee well drying up. However you’d imagine the relevant governing bodies would want to act with a bit of sensitivity in such a situation. If Fury’s problems, as has been alluded to, stem from feelings he is underappreciated, you’d think from a PR perspective the governing bodies would be keen not to do anything that is likely to exacerbate those feelings. Also, and this is the idealist in me speaking rather than the person who lives in the real world, governing bodies should do what they can to ensure belts are won or lost in the ring, not in meeting rooms or courts.

Also governing bodies have given fighters time to recover from physical illnesses or injuries in the past, to not do likewise for a mental illness does little to help foster the perception that mental illness is real and deserves to be treated with the same seriousness and sensitivity as physical illnesses.

I think the least they owe him is a bit of breathing space. Peter says he is seeking help, if this is indeed the case the governing bodies can afford to give him a couple of months to obtain a professional diagnosis and get a clearer picture as to whether he will or will not return and what a timeframe on the former might look like.

The reality is though whether they strip him or not matters little in practical terms. Fury is the man who beat the man. If he returns whoever inherits the belt will have to beat him if they want their reign to have any kind of legitimacy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Even money quoted on Klitschko against Joshua. Thats very good value for me, even as something of a Klitschko skeptic.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:25 pm

The additional factor to consider is that Tyson Fury has been charged with doping by UKAD, had been suspended from boxing by UKAD, had that suspension lifted temporarily until the case went to an independent panel in November.   In the meantime there will be an additional charge if reports are true that he sent drug testers packing with a f&ck off within the past month when they attempted to take a sample from him.  

With a medical diagnosis of severe depression then all this will be delayed too, but as soon as he is fit to train again UKAD will probably now want to reinstate the suspension and take matters further.
http://www.ringtv.com/462255-tyson-fury-u-k-anti-doping-suspension-lifted/

As Tyson's cousin Hughie Fury also failed a drugs test at the same time, and since he himself, as far as I am aware, is fit to attend any doping tribunal, it will be interesting to find out what happens to him - as that will provide a pointer as to what the decision on Tyson Fury will likely be.

ps: the fact that the suspension was temporarily lifted does suggest that the Fury's have a defence to the charge that needs to be carefully considered.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:39 am

If there was just one belt it would be easy, make him champion in recess and get on with it, highest ranks fight for the vacant title and Fury gets a shot as soon as he's fit. Problem is more than one belt becomes vacant, the wbo and wba have different fighters fight for the titles, is the new wba or wbo champion the main man or is it the wbc or ibf who wouldn't be invited to fight for the vacant belts as they're already title holders and wouldn't be ranked by the governing bodies. If Fury is stripped it won't be AJ or Wilder fighting for the belts it'll be Wlad vs bum for the WBA (has John ruiz got any free title shots left? )and bum vs bum for the WBO.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:57 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
EX7EY wrote:Still not sold on AJ myself. I've been saying it for months. He may be the real deal and I hope he is. But he's beaten nobody, literally nobody. And to think what he has beaten has earnt him a version of the heavweight championship of the world, absolute travesty. Dillian Whyte is considered his best win by most, let that sink in for a moment.

Yet you'll quite happily blow smoke up Parker's backside based on even less......

Please tell me where I have blown smoke up Parkers backside? I think you are confusing me with another poster my friend, and I don't think it's the first time you've done it either...

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:12 am

I think everyone should forget about belts. Fury will remain the real champ until he's beaten - UNLESS he's banned for PED use (or officially retires). In that case, he merits disqualification.

It sucks, of course, but no-one has ever suggested Jack Dempsey wasn't the real heavyweight king when he sat on the crown for two years after fighting Georges Carpentier.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:40 am

Hopefully he gets pulled for drugs then. I'm/was a Fury fan, but he hasn't defended the belt.

Heavyweight division got a shot in the arm when he unexpectedly beat Wlad. It doesn't need to go backwards now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 am

Haz - I genuinely don't know what broadcast of the Jennings fight you caught but I thought he clearly looked like he'd slowed down there. He also gassed a bit towards the end. At the time there was the thought that maybe Jennings was just better than we thought etc, but the reality is he proceeded to the then get blown to absolute bits by Luis Ortiz. I think Wlad has declined.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 am

Ortiz is the dark horse of the division. He seems to go under the radar slightly.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 am

How's he gonna test positive for PEDs when he can allegedly tell testers to "fuxk off" and that's apparently the end of that? Strip him. Be done with it. His fighting style sucks. His personality sucks. And unlike Wlad, he doesn't have the saving grace of at least being a good ambassador for the Sport
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:02 am

kingraf wrote:How's he gonna test positive for PEDs when he can allegedly tell testers to "fuxk off" and that's apparently the end of that? Strip him. Be done with it. His fighting style sucks. His personality sucks. And unlike Wlad, he doesn't have the saving grace of at least being a good ambassador for the Sport

Though I do agree with him being stripped, but NOT because his fighting style, or personality sucks. He wins fights, does it matter how he does it??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 am

Of course it doesn't matter. That's a by the by issue. It's a bit like if Suzie in accounting hasn't been to work for two weeks but she's funny and great to be around vs her being a miserable git. Sure she gets the sack in both scenarios, but you're a little bit sadder about seeing cheerful Suzie leave
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:14 am

kingraf wrote:Of course it doesn't matter. That's a by the by issue. It's a bit like if Suzie in accounting hasn't been to work for two weeks but she's funny and great to be around vs her being a miserable git. Sure she gets the sack in both scenarios, but you're a little bit sadder about seeing cheerful Suzie leave

Then why quote it?? You don't like the fella (to be fair many agree with you), but you seem to want him stripped for personal issues.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but that was how I read your above comment.

I guess it doesn't matter really, just saying.

Last edited by AdamT on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:28 am

Have we seen any proven independent EVIDENCE of Fury's 'mental' claims....????????

Still seems to be being given a huuuuuuuge amount of slack for all his failings as soon as he dropped the M-bomb.

I've seen nothing confirming his supposed diagnosys.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:38 am

EX7EY wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Please tell me where I have blown smoke up Parkers backside? I think you are confusing me with another poster my friend, and I don't think it's the first time you've done it either...

Correction, that was ebop, you were just the guy that was unable to provide a drop of sustainable analysis to support your contention that AJ will fall over the instand he fights someone with a pulse (and that, K aside, Fury's oppos were lightyears ahead of AJ's).

Can't remember whether that posting was before or after all the 'stellas down the local' you were regaling us about consuming.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next