The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

+11
RDW
Senlac
cakeordeath
jimbopip
mikey_dragon
Eejit
IanBru
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
des
Hazel Sapling
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will win?

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Empty Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 27 Oct 2016, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow vs Treviso

Warriors solitary defeat at Scotstoun in the Championship since September 2015 being when Ulster were the visitors in round 4 of this campaign.

The Scotsmen have won their last twenty matches against Italian opponents since their reversal to Treviso at Firhill in September 2011.

Benetton Rugby Treviso’s only win so far this season was 27-11 at home to Newport Gwent Dragons on 23 September.

Treviso are without a victory outside of Italy since round 22 of the 2012/13 season when they were successful at Scarlets.

The Warriors have won their last nine matches against Treviso, whilst the Italian’s most recent success in Scotland was when they beat Edinburgh at BT Murrayfield in October 2012.

Glasgow are leading the head to head 10 wins to 2

At Scotstoun Stadium, 7.35pm. Live on BBC Alba
Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 46th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Sean Gallagher (IRFU), Kevin White (SRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Montgomery (SRU)
TMO: Kevin Beggs (IRFU)

Glasgow Team
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 6332fe1712629f1d4e4b814d1248920d

1) Alex Allan
2) MacArthur
3) Puafisi
4) Swinson
5) Gray
6) Strauss
7) Favaro
8) Wilson
9) Pyrgos
10) Russell
11) Hughes
12) Dunbar
13) Bennett
14) Seymour
15) Hogg

16) Flynn
17) Djustice
18) Rae
19) New Zealander
20) LangiLangi (American with neck tattoos)
21) Price
22) Horne
23) Jones

Also Glasgow are now trying a video approach like Edinburgh. The music is terrible and some of the players do not look normal (looking at you Ryan Wilson).

Treviso Team
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Diletta_Rizzo_Marin-Despina

1) Quaglio
2) Bigi
3) Ferrari
4) Gerosa
5) Fuser
6) Budd
7) Zanni
8) Steyn
9) Tebaldi
10) McKinley
11) Pratichetti
12) Sgarbi
13) Iannone
14) Odiete
15) Hayward

16) Giazzon
17) Zani
18) Pasquali
19) Minto
20) Barbini
21) Gori
22) Allan
23) Esposito

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

Post by cakeordeath Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:21 pm

This ref is an arse

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:23 pm

Incredibly harsh on the American back row!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:23 pm

This game died a death after Ineffable left. Coincidence?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:24 pm

Utter nonsense. How the hell can you not see his right arm out in front of him which he then used to grab hold of the Italian's shorts!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:25 pm

What really bugs me is that he has been happy to card Glasgow but Treviso could take a collective Poopie on the try line and get nothing

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:26 pm

In other news, Edinburgh lose.

I may become a soap dodger fan yet!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:26 pm

Both yellows were incredibly soft - this is a contact sport FFS

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:28 pm

Glasgow there showing why their fans are muppets!

Stadium announcer says Ulster are beaten so Glasgow go top of the table. Crowd is silence. Announcer then says Edinburgh lose to Zebre, Glasgow fans cheer!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:36 pm

First yellow looked ridiculous on replay. Second yellow I have less of an issue with but by flying in the air like that, you really need to demonstrate a bit more on the wrap department.

Twolangi should avoid bans for that though needs to cut some of the American Football mouthing off. Getting involved with the Italian as you go off the pitch is poor form. I complained about Earls doing it so if he gets a week for it, I would not whine.

Overall fairly simple match. Hughes looked good. Hogg left on way too long. Horne was taken off for a HIA, so hopefully he passed or else Jackson/Heathcote needs a call up. The NZer I was not overly impressed with and I expect more once he has spent more than a week here. Next week against Scarlets is going to be tough, they were good against Cardiff barring the penalty count.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:44 pm

tigertattie wrote:Glasgow there showing why their fans are muppets!

Stadium announcer says Ulster are beaten so Glasgow go top of the table. Crowd is silence. Announcer then says Edinburgh lose to Zebre, Glasgow fans cheer!

That is a bit unfair tattie. I am a Glasgow fan and I am not cheering the Edinburgh result.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:50 pm

Hazel, I agree totally on the mouthing off front. Not what rugby is about. However, he was unfortunate with the yellows; but the way he flies into tackles will always leave that option open to a referee.
A very good first 40 followed by a distinctly meh second.

Glasgow there showing why their fans are muppets!

Sorry Tiger, but Glasgow going top isn't that unusual.... anyone losing at home to Zebre is. The Luvvies wilting like Julian Clarey in the Playboy Mansion, while not exactly unusual is worth a cheer. Yahoo Laugh laughing

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:01 pm

cakeordeath wrote:

That is a bit unfair tattie. I am a Glasgow fan and I am not cheering the Edinburgh result.

Fair cop cake. SOME Glasgow fans
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:06 pm

tigertattie wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:

Fair cop cake. SOME Glasgow fans

kiss

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread but can anyone tell me if Glasgow's International players are available for next weekend or if their in camp with the National team?

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:57 pm

I suspect that they will technically be available but only those who won't be in the squad for the first game will be released.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:07 pm

Thanks RDW, was kind of hoping you wouldn't be full strength. LOL. its usually a good close fixture, here's hoping for an entertaining even game.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:50 pm

I've just realised why Haupeakui scares me so much.

Has anyone taken a minute to look at his neck art?Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso - Page 2 Img_3210
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 29 Oct 2016, 10:44 am

Just watched the game, it really was very one sided and could have easily been a cricket score if Glasgow had decided to concentrate in the second half. The game was over by then though, so no great motivation.

The sending off was very harsh, with two very marginal yellows (and that is probably being kind to the ref!). Not the way Langi wanted to start his Glasgow career I am sure. With that one bullocking run though, he did show what he is all about, pace and power. He is no doubt a rough diamond presently, but there is definitely great potential there and I expect Toonie to polish him up as the season goes on.

Big Brian and DSD both showed that they can be pretty lively with the ball in hand as well and we will be seeing a lot more of them in the coming weeks I am sure.

There are not many people around who can stand next to Johnny Gray and make him look small, but Brian certainly seems to. He is an absolute monster!

5 points in the bag, they all count. We take them and move on!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 29 Oct 2016, 12:43 pm

I don't usually complain about refs, but some of yesterday (second half) reminded me a bit of someone in charge of a complete mismatch at U11 level, so to avoid embarassing one team too much he evens things out a little. Quite what Treviso would have had to do to get a yellow card is anyone's guess... Red card felt very soft, though both yellows understandable certainly. Dunbar's YC and penalty try the correct call IMO, but then why were Treviso allowed to cynically kill the ball on their own tryline??

Anyway, Glasgow are an awesome team when they execute properly, that backline is something else! Rory Hughes has really made a good impression to me, runs hard, strong, and excellent lines. Second half became rather sloppy, but understandable given the poor opposition perhaps.

On a somewhat unrelated note, as a birthday present from the wife, I've nabbed a couple of tickets to the Racing game in December. Anyone else going? As it'll be my first time going to Scotstoun, any recommendations re places to go for a pint? Or anything else I should know in general? (apart from wrapping up warm on a Friday night Very Happy)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 29 Oct 2016, 2:26 pm

Madfor, there's not much near Scotstoun in terms of drinking. I'd suggest Tennants on Byres Road and a cab. If you have MrsMadfor then Mother India and then the BrewDog opposite the kelvingrove Art Gallery would be quite civilized. Alternatively take the tube to Kelvinbridge and go to The Crafty Pig. It's the official supporters' bar now!
If all of this is information overload and MrsMadfor isn't accompanying you and you don't know what to do with your spare ticket....

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 29 Oct 2016, 7:50 pm

Thanks for the response jimbopip. Mrs Madfor is planning on accompanying me Very Happy, but unfortunately is not a fan of Indian food, so Mother India is out. Shame, as I like the place, but if the worst problem with your marriage is a disagreement on curry then I figure you're not doing too bad Wink

Was more thinking somewhere near the ground to get into the atmosphere, but if there's nothing there... Might check out the Crafty Pig though, that could work!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 29 Oct 2016, 8:01 pm

If a temporary bar in a gym hall is your thing then go to the Glasgow 'supporters bar' thumbsup

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:53 pm

If a temporary lead in a rugby match is your thing, go to Murrayfield on a Friday night...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 30 Oct 2016, 4:56 am

Oh sh!t shots fired

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 30 Oct 2016, 9:17 am

Laugh

clap

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:06 pm

Sorry RDW, that was really uncalled for!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:08 pm

But fully justified!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 30 Oct 2016, 5:17 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:If a temporary bar in a gym hall is your thing then go to the Glasgow 'supporters bar' thumbsup
Madfor, the Scout Hut is good for pre match cocktails; they usually have a couple of players in before and afterwards. Young Pipetto couldn't believe that he got to chat with Favaro an Clegg last time we were up. The only problem is it fills up quickly and you have to queue to get in. Check Glasgow Warriors.com Forum, there's usually a good discussion on there about watering holes.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 30 Oct 2016, 9:35 pm

Thanks for the tip jimbopip. It seems they've been trialling a new "supporters bus" thing from the Crafty Pig in the last couple of games.

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/16/10/11/catch-bus-big-european-game-friday-crafty-pig

Seems like a rather good plan TBH. Burger and a beer before the game, bus to and from the stadium, then a cheaky G&T afterwards. Hope they carry on with the idea Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:48 am

IanBru wrote:If a temporary lead in a rugby match is your thing, go to Murrayfield on a Friday night...

What's a "lead"?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2