The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions 2017

+77
Taylorman
chewed_mintie
Steve_rugby
whocares
eirebilly
the-goon
Rugby Fan
exile jack
Sgt_Pooly
nlpnlp
Geordie
rodders
George Carlin
Gooseberry
thomh
geoff999rugby
aucklandlaurie
Breadvan
RDW
RiscaGame
Bazzer79
Rory_Gallagher
LondonTiger
cb
cascough
Sin é
dummy_half
profitius
Scottrf
emack2
Luckless Pedestrian
Hammersmith harrier
GunsGermsV2
Tattie Scones RRN
beshocked
Brad71090
BigTrevsbigmac
carpet baboon
SecretFly
Kingshu
killer938
Hazel Sapling
R!skysports
bsando
tigertattie
uncle_nigel
marty2086
reallybored
The Great Aukster
Pot Hale
wolfball
Exiledinborders
Gwlad
thebandwagonsociety
wayne
king_carlos
fa0019
WELL-PAST-IT
funnyExiledScot
BamBam
TJ
Poorfour
RuggerRadge2611
No 7&1/2
Mad for Chelsea
Cyril
True Raven
EST
IanBru
petethepete
Allty
rapidsnowman
ChequeredJersey
lostinwales
Mr Bounce
majesticimperialman
abarnbrook
81 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Lions 2017 - Page 8 Empty Lions 2017

Post by abarnbrook Sun 04 Dec 2016, 3:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looking at the recent internationals and to beat allblack you need pace and vision so this is my team so far! 1.m.vunipola 2.hartley 3.furlong 4.itoje 5.kruis 6.faletau 7.stander 8. B.vunipola 9. Youngs 10.ford 11.watson 12.farrell 13.joseph 14.l.williams 15. Hogg 16.best 17.mcgrath 18.lee 19 .henderson 20.o'brien 21.murray 22.henshaw 23.north

abarnbrook

Back to top Go down

Lions 2017 - Page 8 Empty Re: Lions 2017

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 09 Dec 2016, 7:59 am

A fit Sean O'Brien will start at 7 anyway. He may be disliked by a few fans on here (Cyril) but the truth is he is one of the few players the SH press and players seem to rate and talk about with a great degree of respect.

It will be interesting to see if Josh van der Flier continues to shine, though.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:04 am

lostinwales wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Not 100% sure, but do not believe Itoje has ever played 7 in a game.

What about his first game for England against Italy. Pretty sure that was at 7.

He replaced Haskell who was at 7. But as above he's not a conventional 7 in any way. (In fact I believe he effectively went to 6 and Robshaw went to 7)

Fair enough.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:05 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:A fit Sean O'Brien will start at 7 anyway. He may be disliked by a few fans on here (Cyril) but the truth is he is one of the few players the SH press and players seem to rate and talk about with a great degree of respect.

It will be interesting to see if Josh van der Flier continues to shine, though.

I get what you're saying but really who cares who the SH press rates. They are usually fairly clueless.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:08 am

The players, more importantly, seem to rate him.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:13 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:The players, more importantly, seem to rate him.

O'Brien is a fantastic player when fit and on form. Not convinced he's as robust these days as he used to be but if he comes through the 6N in one piece he should be in pole position.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:20 am

lostinwales wrote:

O'Brien is a fantastic player when fit and on form. Not convinced he's as robust these days as he used to be but if he comes through the 6N in one piece he should be in pole position.

That is his problem. He is far too injury prone. Aside from that, he is the complete package really. Probably the best 7 over the ball after David Pocock. When he first came onto the scene he was criticised as a 7 for his lack of ability on the ground and promoted as a 6/8 for his explosive carrying. The hard work has certainly paid off.

Slightly off-topic, but I see the biggest criticism against JvdF is his lack of strength over the ball. Hopefully he can progress in the same way SOB has. If he can do it this year, he will be on the plane.

Who were the openside options last time round? SOB and Warburton? Anyone else?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:25 am

Tipuric was in the squad too I think

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:26 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

That is his problem. He is far too injury prone. Aside from that, he is the complete package really. Probably the best 7 over the ball after David Pocock. When he first came onto the scene he was criticised as a 7 for his lack of ability on the ground and promoted as a 6/8 for his explosive carrying. The hard work has certainly paid off.

Slightly off-topic, but I see the biggest criticism against JvdF is his lack of strength over the ball. Hopefully he can progress in the same way SOB has. If he can do it this year, he will be on the plane.

Who were the openside options last time round? SOB and Warburton? Anyone else?

Tipuric

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:48 am

Tipuric is probably in pole position unless Warburton is selected as captain. Stander arguably in pole as 6 with SOB if fit as utility back row.

But it would be great to see Gatland take a genuine mix of the best players from across the isles and see what combinations emerge. As I said last time around, if Robshaw travels I would not be at all surprised to see him force his way into the test team. But I am not holding my breath.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:54 am

I would probably suggest picking the squad, team and captain in that order.  Obviously performance in the 6N's should have a strong bearing.

All things being equal I cannot really think of a single player who is absolutely guaranteed a starting place in the Test XV.  There are players who perhaps are in pole position but few certainties.

cb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:57 am

Poorfour wrote:Tipuric is probably in pole position unless Warburton is selected as captain. Stander arguably in pole as 6 with SOB if fit as utility back row.

But it would be great to see Gatland take a genuine mix of the best players from across the isles and see what combinations emerge. As I said last time around, if Robshaw travels I would not be at all surprised to see him force his way into the test team. But I am not holding my breath.

All depends on the gameplan really, I would go

6. Robshaw
7. O'Brien
8. Vunipola

But Falateu, Stander, Haskell, Tipuric, Warburton, FDV and even Itoje are options.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:00 am

I also think Moriaty is a very good young player.

cb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:02 am

I did forget about Moriarty, strongest options I can ever remember but all about finding the right blend.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:07 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Poorfour wrote:Tipuric is probably in pole position unless Warburton is selected as captain. Stander arguably in pole as 6 with SOB if fit as utility back row.

All depends on the gameplan really, I would go

6. Robshaw
7. O'Brien
8. Vunipola

But Falateu, Stander, Haskell, Tipuric, Warburton, FDV and even Itoje are options.

The problem with that back row is that it lacks a really good line-out option.

I wouldn't rule out Peter O'Mahony forcing his way back into the Ireland team at 6 and onto that Lions plane either. He would certainly fill in the line-out role in the back row.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:11 am

Gwlad wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:If AWJ is guaranteed to start then we're doomed to fail from the start.

You're right, why would we want a player with his experience, including as a winning Lion skipper, to lead the Lions against NZ. Rolling Eyes

And lets not forget he is Welsh, that more than anything is why we shouldn't give him the captaincy right.

My suggestion is those people who are incapable of putting their concerns about the national origin of the captain and make up of the Lions squad shouldn't bother following it. Unlike Sir Clive, Gatland has shown he can make the hard decisions when necessary and i expect he will do it again this time. AWJ might not be the best lock at the moment but as a lion and a skipper who is also a lock, he is matchless.

clap clap clap

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:14 am

SecretFly wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

No, he just retired BOD that's all and good job he did.

Well that was the plan, yes.  The final piece in his obsessional jigsaw of total war against the IRFU.  'I Warren Gatland retired your demi-god - with a bunch of world humiliation to boot.  We're now quits.  Never cross me - I'll always get even.'

Of course, Joe Schmidt just yawned and ignored Gatland's Edict from the Lions Throne.  The following Spring, Gatland - miffed that BOD was still an International after him proving he wasn't good enough no more - tried to retire BOD a second time but nearly retired the Welsh hitman Scott Williams instead. Wink

It's why I love Rugby - the epic, memorable dramas.  OK

Epic saga Wink

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:18 am

cascough wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

As for gray, it shows how insignificant the other Gray really is which actually underlines my point.

You can't have watched much Rugby if you haven't noticed Jonny consistently outshines Richie.

Frankly, I find your comments about AWJ being nailed on to start very partisan and not in the spirit of the lions at all. In a position of such obvious strength as lock they become ludicrous.

We can all have our preferences of course, but here you are belittling others because they're not including AWJ. I don't know whether you are picking your team based on stats and reputation (seems like it), nationality (possible, you've mentioned it more than anyone else) or the performances you've this season (unlikely, you haven't mentioned anything to give this impression), but if you really hold the spirit of the lions in such high regard then you need to be a little more flexible IMO.

But you're okay with the ongoing ludicrous comments touting Kruis and Itjoe to start at lock?

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazzer79 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:23 am

It looks like we all agree on one thing; There is so much competition for places!

I'd argue that at present there is no player guaranteed to start, that's why picking a tour captain makes a lot of sense!

I also think that all of the mentioned candidates are flawed in that they have been on the receiving end of NZ spankings before. My head at the moment says Hartley. Not sure if his NZ heritage is a bonus or a drawback?

My wildcard - Maro Itoje. IMHO is pretty much a shoe-in for a place in either the 2nd Row or Backrow. He's never lost against NZ, is a natural leader, will be respected by NZ, has won a World Championship in NZ and will also be a surprise and unknown for the kiwis.

Another slightly leftfield choice would be Sexton or Farrell! I'm not convinced Sexton will be 1st choice though. E Jones speaks very highly of Farrell and how he leads by example.

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:29 am

What's ludicrous about anyone suggesting Itoje and Kruis to start?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:35 am

Bazzer79 wrote:It looks like we all agree on one thing; There is so much competition for places!

I'd argue that at present there is no player guaranteed to start, that's why picking a tour captain makes a lot of sense!

I also think that all of the mentioned candidates are flawed in that they have been on the receiving end of NZ spankings before. My head at the moment says Hartley. Not sure if his NZ heritage is a bonus or a drawback?

My wildcard - Maro Itoje. IMHO is pretty much a shoe-in for a place in either the 2nd Row or Backrow. He's never lost against NZ, is a natural leader, will be respected by NZ, has won a World Championship in NZ and will also be a surprise and unknown for the kiwis.

Another slightly leftfield choice would be Sexton or Farrell! I'm not convinced Sexton will be 1st choice though. E Jones speaks very highly of Farrell and how he leads by example.

Not saying I disagree about Itoje - He doesn't seem to have limits. But I am not sure how he will be respected and yet also a surprise and unknown...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:38 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:What's ludicrous about anyone suggesting Itoje and Kruis to start?

I don't think they're so ludicrous, but surely if saying AWJ can start at this point is ludicrous, then surely stating that Kruis and Itoje (which is what all the English are saying) will start is also ludicrous; especially when one is currently injured. That English lock pairing however, is a proven combo and if they continue through the upcoming 6N as the best locks like last season then that would be the only time I would leave out Wonder-AWJ from the starting team.

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:38 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:What's ludicrous about anyone suggesting Itoje and Kruis to start?
Crazy isn't it. Good enough for the best team in the Northern Hemisphere and probable first choice for #2 team in the world but 'nonsense' 'ludicrous' etc.

I'm not sure why experience beating Australia 2-1 choosing from 4 countries is such a good thing anyway. England as one country beat them 3-0 in one test series this year, 4-0 overall.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:41 am

I've noticed posters from every country touting Itoje/Kruis/Henderson/Gray, but only seen the Welsh touting AWJ ...

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:42 am

uncle_nigel wrote:

I don't think they're so ludicrous, but surely if saying AWJ can start at this point is ludicrous, then surely stating that Kruis and Itoje (which is what all the English are saying) will start is also ludicrous; especially when one is currently injured. That English lock pairing however, is a proven combo and if they continue through the upcoming 6N as the best locks like last season then that would be the only time I would leave out Wonder-AWJ from the starting team.

I think anyone saying that any lock is a definite starter isn't correct, I thought you were saying that anyone saying that's who they would start was a ludicrous statement.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:50 am

BamBam wrote:I've noticed posters from every country touting Itoje/Kruis/Henderson/Gray, but only seen the Welsh touting AWJ ...

I think you need to have a scroll back through this thread with both eyes open then, Bam Wink.

By the way... WE KNOW the English dislike AWJ because he's welsh and we also know the Scottish dislike him because he's better than both the Gray's. Move on people.

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:50 am

BamBam wrote:I've noticed posters from every country touting Itoje/Kruis/Henderson/Gray, but only seen the Welsh touting AWJ ...

Im Irish and Id have him as tour captain, same with Siné.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:52 am

I think that's borderline racist nige.

Last edited by No 7&1/2 on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:52 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Both eyes now Bam, remember? Both eyes... Wouldn't want you to miss anything from under that rock of yours!

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:53 am

Who else got banned recently?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:55 am

uncle_nigel wrote:

But you're okay with the ongoing ludicrous comments touting Kruis and Itjoe to start at lock?

Not ludicrous at all. I don't agree but then its an opinion but many folk would have those two as the best locks around.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:55 am

True, I'll change it.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:58 am

uncle_nigel wrote:

I think you need to have a scroll back through this thread with both eyes open then, Bam Wink.

By the way... WE KNOW the English dislike AWJ because he's welsh and we also know the Scottish dislike him because he's better than both the Gray's. Move on people.

Now that is just simple rubbish. Going to get yourself banned again?

These are all very good locks we are talking about with not a lot between them but some are better in one area than another. AJW has experience but he is not the athelete the others are. Gray is the hardest working of the lot but a bit slow over the ground and too heavy to make a top lineout jumper, Itoje has the pace but not the experience

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:58 am

TJ wrote:
uncle_nigel wrote:

Not ludicrous at all.  I don't agree but then its an opinion but many folk would have those two as the best locks around.  

They are probably the strongest partnership but not necessarily the best players for the job individually.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:59 am

I missed his point on that one too. He wasn't saying those two were ludicrous picks. He was responding to someone else commenting on picking guaranteed lock starters being ludicrous at this point.

Obviously any picks at this point is an exercise in futility. But can be interesting.

Will get to see a few potential Lions at the Gardens tonight. Shame the balance is in favour of the opposition...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:00 am

TJ wrote:
uncle_nigel wrote:

Not ludicrous at all.  I don't agree but then its an opinion but many folk would have those two as the best locks around.  

I don't think it's so ludicrous, as I already said. I just thought that the poster who said AWJ as a starter at this point was ludicrous would also believe Kruis with an injured Itoje penned in as starters at this point is also ludicrous. He was a biased poster though.

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_nigel Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:01 am

TJ wrote:
uncle_nigel wrote:

Now that is just simple rubbish.  Going to get yourself banned again?

These are all very good locks we are talking about with not a lot between them but some are better in one area than another.  AJW has experience but he is not the athelete the others are.  Gray is the hardest working of the lot but a bit slow over the ground and too heavy  to make a top lineout jumper,  Itoje has the pace but not the experience

Banned for what?

uncle_nigel

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:03 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
uncle_nigel wrote:

I think anyone saying that any lock is a definite starter isn't correct, I thought you were saying that anyone saying that's who they would start was a ludicrous statement.
clap Well said.

I can't argue with the fact that the English second row is perhaps the most accomplished in the Home Nations at the moment.

My preferred setup involves both Kruis and Itoje, but complemented by Jonny Gray - they're all such spectacular athletes.

I think we need to accept that of the five front-runners for the lock positions, one isn't going to make the plane, and one group of fans is going to get the hump. Remember that that poor rejected lock is almost certainly good enough to have started a test for the Lions in 2013. I mean, Geoff Parling started two tests, for Christ's sake.

So here's my lineup.
4. J Gray
5. Kruis
6. Itoje
19. Toner.

Or possibly
4. J Gray
5. Itoje
6. Stander
19. Kruis.

It's bloody tough, this.

Last edited by IanBru on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:03 am

Listened to a very interesting interview given by Clive Woodward recently re the 2005 tour. He was asked about picking players from other nations and said he was quite nervous about picking Welsh players because he felt Wales were not as disciplined and didn't strive for the professional standards he expected of his teams and he had heard stories of certain players being fairly hard to deal with.

However, regardless of all that he picked who he thought were the best ones. The first day the squad got together and he met some of the Welsh players he instantly regretted selecting a handful of them he said. He wanted to get rid of them but knew at that late stage he couldnt.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:05 am

Well said IrnBru

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazzer79 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:09 am

lostinwales wrote:
Bazzer79 wrote:It looks like we all agree on one thing; There is so much competition for places!

Not saying I disagree about Itoje - He doesn't seem to have limits. But I am not sure how he will be respected and yet also a surprise and unknown...

Respected for his ability and skill - he plays at a level that even the kiwis could admire - I'm not sure there are many players you could say that for??

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:26 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Listened to a very interesting interview given by Clive Woodward recently re the 2005 tour. He was asked about picking players from other nations and said he was quite nervous about picking Welsh players because he felt Wales were not as disciplined and didn't strive for the professional standards he expected of his teams and he had heard stories of certain players being fairly hard to deal with.

However, regardless of all that he picked who he thought were the best ones. The first day the squad got together and he met some of the Welsh players he instantly regretted selecting a handful of them he said. He wanted to get rid of them but knew at that late stage he couldnt.

Yet he made one of the hardest players to deal with his captain, when BOD got injured laughing

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:29 am

RiscaGame wrote:

Yet he made one of the hardest players to deal with his captain, when BOD got injured laughing

Was Gareth Thomas hard to deal with? Always thought he was easy going. in any case he arrived late for that tour because he was playing for Toulouse. So it cant be him.

I assumed Woodward was referring to Henson.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:29 am

This thread has gone downhill fast - if all the bickering could stop from now on that would be super...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:32 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:

Was Gareth Thomas hard to deal with? Always thought he was easy going.

Well around that time, he was about to have a part in getting the Welsh coach sacked because of player power laughing

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:40 am

Switching it around then even with an array of brilliant locks is that an area of strength for the Lions or given they're against Retallic and Whitelock even par? Is it more front and back row where we should be able to pressure?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:43 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Oh he can be tour captain, I'd compare that role to Alastair Campbell's Wink

In terms of being on the field as one of the two best locks and a guaranteed starter, with both eyes open I only see the Welsh backing him

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:47 am

RiscaGame wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:

Was Gareth Thomas hard to deal with? Always thought he was easy going.

Well around that time, he was about to have a part in getting the Welsh coach sacked because of player power laughing

The funny thing is that Woodward selected Grewcock who was a complete loose cannon and got sent home and banned for two months for biting Kevin Mealamu.

I like Woodward but always felt he was bit of a snob or a bit patonising or something.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:59 am

BamBam wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Oh he can be tour captain, I'd compare that role to Alastair Campbell's Wink

In terms of being on the field as one of the two best locks and a guaranteed starter, with both eyes open I only see the Welsh backing him

No I dont think its a done deal. If Hartley is picked as tour captain that Kruis and Itoje will start however, if Hartely doesnt start Gatland may go with AWJ and someone else Id imagine.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by cascough Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:10 am

uncle_nigel wrote:
cascough wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

As for gray, it shows how insignificant the other Gray really is which actually underlines my point.

You can't have watched much Rugby if you haven't noticed Jonny consistently outshines Richie.

Frankly, I find your comments about AWJ being nailed on to start very partisan and not in the spirit of the lions at all. In a position of such obvious strength as lock they become ludicrous.

We can all have our preferences of course, but here you are belittling others because they're not including AWJ. I don't know whether you are picking your team based on stats and reputation (seems like it), nationality (possible, you've mentioned it more than anyone else) or the performances you've this season (unlikely, you haven't mentioned anything to give this impression), but if you really hold the spirit of the lions in such high regard then you need to be a little more flexible IMO.

Did you even read my post?

Suggest who you want, with that I have no issue. And how anyone's preference is ludicrous is beyond me.

But saying someone is nailed on and then belittling others about it, in a position as rich as lock???? That's ludicrous. Also as I mentioned before, not really in the spirit of the lions, is it?

If you really are dying to be offended and you want to believe I said picking AWJ is ludicrous, then I'm sorry to disappoint. I didn't and I don't.

cascough

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:27 am

I certainly wouldn't say either Itoje or Kruis are nailed on. Lock is very competitive, also injuries are bound to happen.

Launchbury and Lawes are both two very competitive locks too.

Then there's of course AWJ, Charteris too cannot be discounted, especially as he's Welsh, J.Gray, maybe Henerson or Toner etc.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next