The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be the next No.1?

+7
Kay Fabe
Crimey
Mr H
sodhat
hodge
JoshSansom
UpsideDownFace
11 posters

Go down

Who will be the next No.1? Empty Who will be the next No.1?

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:07 am

Pretty simple really. Over the years we've had Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Rock, Austin, Taker, HHH, Lesnar, Michaels, Edge amongst others as the top guy(s) of the company.

At this time it is arguably Cena and Orton, more so Cena.

My question is as follows:

Who, out of the current crop of "Superstars/Sports Entertainers", do you see carrying the company in years to come? Not just have a couple of years at the top or always seen as someone there or thereabouts. I mean someone who will carry the company and get most of the airtime like Cena and Orton do now and others have in the past?

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Who will be the next No.1? Empty Re: Who will be the next No.1?

Post by JoshSansom Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:28 am

I think that those two still have a number of years left. In terms of heels I think that guys like Sheamus and Miz will challenge them for sometime, though I don't think that we have seen the next big face arrive in the WWE.

That said, if they are in a tough spot they could turn Miz as his "AWESOME" thing would make a good catchphrase for kids etc, though I really hope they don't as he would be boring as a face imo.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

Orton will still be around for a while yet, however i think in 4/5 years Rhodes could be right up there

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:12 am

I think the Miz has the potential to do it as a face, but as Josh said both Orton and Cena have time to go yet.

Generally though it will be who WWE wants it to be and we as the loyal fan will accept it graciously (or complain on 606v2).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

Yeah I know Cena and Orton have got plenty of time. I just wondered if you felt any of the current crop of youngsters could step up in the future. Like JohnSamson said, I don't think that person is in WWE yet. Hopefully it won't be long until we see the next big star but I've got a feeling they won't be ultra-talented and will just have "the look".

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

Apparantly Vince has high hopes for Skip Sheffield. He could be one to watch.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:55 am

I'd be very surprised if The Miz wasn't one of the real top guys over the next couple of years. He is supposedly going the Cena route of doing loads of appearences, and getting everywhere he can to get into Vince's good books, and apparently it has worked. We just have to hope that he doesn't lose any momentum while he feuds with A-Ri.

I think we could see Ezekiel Jackson take the spot that is still empty from when Batista left, even though Ezekiel probably should be a heel, he is a face which makes me think WWE are trying to push him that way, it could work if the fans do connect.

ALBERTO DEL RIIIIOOOO! He will bring in the Mexican customers once Rey has left but is more to the WWE's tastes in terms of build.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

I'd be very surprised if Skip Sheffield got a big push, I've read the rumours but he is the White Bobby Lashley without the mobility

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

I'd be suprised too, he makes Batista look like Kurt Angle. Hopefully t'internet rumours arent true....

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:33 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I'd be very surprised if The Miz wasn't one of the real top guys over the next couple of years. He is supposedly going the Cena route of doing loads of appearences, and getting everywhere he can to get into Vince's good books, and apparently it has worked. We just have to hope that he doesn't lose any momentum while he feuds with A-Ri.

I think we could see Ezekiel Jackson take the spot that is still empty from when Batista left, even though Ezekiel probably should be a heel, he is a face which makes me think WWE are trying to push him that way, it could work if the fans do connect.

ALBERTO DEL RIIIIOOOO! He will bring in the Mexican customers once Rey has left but is more to the WWE's tastes in terms of build.

Zeke badly needs a mouthpiece I think, and with WWE testing the waters with managers again, I think he is a prime candidate. He may struggle to get over otherwise.

I agree he should be a heel; managers work far better with heels.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

Zekes got even less hope than Sheffield, hes beyond useless

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

Not a fan of the quadruple body slam/torture rack/pin combo gaffer? Laugh

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:42 pm

Laugh oh im a big fan of that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:38 pm

John Cena and Randy Orton have 10 years to go in my view if not more !

The Miz, CM Punk and Rey are the main eventors on Raw. I really dont think R Truth is up there. Alberto is on his way up i think he should main event summer slam.

On Smackdown we have Orton, Christan and Shamuss.

I really think Wade Barret is up there and dont know why he is being used as mid card when some usless guy like Mark Henry is currentley up there at the top.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:48 pm

I don't see Cena being in the E in 10 years time, well not in a full time wrestling capacity. Vince will see him as his next mainstream superstar and get him into a lot more films etc. Plus he has been non stop for quite a few years now and that will slowly start to take a toil.

My hopes lie with either Cody Rhodes or Alex Riley. Both proved themselves massively recently and I hope they get the push they so rightly deserve.

I always have hope for Mr Ryder too Whistle

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 07 Jun 2011, 6:27 pm

I truly believe that with a sustained push Daniel Bryan could become a consistent main-eventer. It doesn't help that because he doesn't fit the "look", that the WWE is looking for in their top guys, they want to keep him permanently on the mid card, using him as a tool to get talent over quickly. Yet his ability, consistent performances and following amongst the more hardcore fans (having said that I haven't heard any "Your gonna get your Flip head kicked in" chants yet) make him look out of place amongst less proven talents. There is also this idea that Bryan lacks charisma and can't cut promos, I disagree with this. The last promo he cut on NXT calling Cole out was well done and he has good ring psychology (a feud with Punk would be good at some point) he has proven he can work a crowd. He will however not get a good push until the WWE changes the way he is presented, I do not appreciate Michael Cole calling him a nerd every time he comes out.
With regards to the question of who will be number 1 next I agree that without injuries Orton and Cena will not be pushed off their perch any time soon but i have high hopes that someone like Rhodes or Del Rio can join them in that status above the other main eventers

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Tue 07 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

I dont know what it is but theres something about a-ri that i think he could go far.

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

I agree about A-Ri. I know Cena always has to get the pin in the main event but it would have pushed A-Ri even more if he were to get the pin last night. I know some would say that he couldn't pin R-Truth because you can't pin the No.1 contender for the next PPV as it would make him look weak. But I think he could have got the pin on Miz which would have intensified the feud even more.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:11 pm

I cant stand Riley, I'll be amazed if he's not in Zach Ryders spot by Christmas

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum