The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 14 Tactics

2 posters

Go down

Week 14 Tactics Empty Week 14 Tactics

Post by Trebs Sat 11 Feb 2017, 3:57 pm

West Brom vs Burnley

West Brom
nadeem2099 wrote:----------------------------------------------Lafont---------------------------
De Marcos---------------Tah-------------------Sule-----------------Evra
-------------------Passlack---------Alonso----------Vidal-------------------------
Vazquez--------------------------------------------------------------------Mertens
------------------------------------------Diaz----------------------------------------------------

Subs - Aina, Kean

GAMEPLAN
Burnley missing Belotti and Grimaldo so I want Vazquez to target that left back side. They will probably play Coutinho so I want Alonso to stick to him and close him down.  

DEFENCE
Reliable keeper in goal. Sule to mark their main striker and Tah to do the covering. Fullbacks to make overlapping runs and get crosses into the box.

DefenceMidfield
Alonso and Passlack main role defend and cut passing lanes and close down attackers. Alonso will look to use playmaking ability to create chances. Vidal to be b2b and attack and defend get up and down pitch.

Wingers
Vazquez and Mertens bring pace to team. Get to byline and whip in crosses for striker to finish.

Strikers
Diaz to get in box to finish chances.

Subs
Kean for Diaz 70mins

VS

Burnley
Afro wrote:Burnley v  WBA

Buffon
Sanchez---Barzagli---Elvedi
Conti---Dembele------Bakayoko---Oyarzabal
Coutinho-----Bernardeschi
Iheanacho

Subs: Navarro, Caricol, Gray, Hogan, Eggestein, Uth

Tactics:
Defence
Fluid formation switching to 4-4-2 when defending, with Conti dropping back and Elvedi going to the left.
Barzagli to mark main striker, Sanchez to pick up second striker or sweep up behind if spare.
Conti and Elvedi  to pick up wingers, force them wide or to cross from deep.
Dembele and Bakayoko protecting the back four, allowing Conti and Oyazarbal to join  the attack

Attack
3-4-3 in attack, pressure high up the pitch
Dembele to pull strings from deep, feeding the players ahead of him. Bakayoko going box to box driving forward.
Bernardeschi and Coutinho in free roles in behind Iheanacho, with freedom to roam.
Conti and Oyarzabal to provide width, getting ball into the box with low crosses between keeper and CBs
Bernardeschi in particular to try and get close, or beyond Iheanacho so that he isn’t isolated.
Belotti the main focal point of the attack. Play off the shoulder, keep mobile and look to get on to through balls and crosses from out wide

Subs: Gray on for Iheanacho, Navarro for Conti – fresh legs

Hull vs Watford

Hull
Hero wrote:-------------Subasic-------------
Henrichs--Vallejo--Rugani--Stafylidis 
----------Kante---Keita-----------
Pulisic------De Bruyne-------Mbappe
--------------Jesus--------------

Subs: Sarr, Orban, Gagliardini, Winks, Neres, Maguire, Antonucci.

Against Miky who's had a few injuries including Capoue so we want to capitalise through our strong spine, the physical dominance of our midfield pairing to dictate the flow of the game and De Bruyne then pulling the strings given a free role.
Double up on the flanks in attack and defence, have the wingers come inside going forward to support Jesus. Jesus himself to be busy, chase balls down and look to poach in the box. At the back Rugani to pay attention to Falcao, close him down quickly. Vallejo to support and the entire back line to push up.
Overall a game of control and pressure, look to get the ball back early and keep them entrenched in their own half.

VS

Watford

Holymiky wrote:Injuries: Jose Holebas, Sead Kolasinac , Etienne Capoue, Ciro Immobile

-----------Pantilimon----------
----Rudiger--Silva--Kaboul----
Moses-------Motta-------Alonso
Robben-----Sarabia-----Amrabat
--------------Falcao----------------

Subs: Gomes, Mariappa, Prodl, Behrami, Watson, Sinclair.

Our aim is to push the wide areas today to really test Hull. They have a decent young team but we want to control the midfield area as well when working the ball out wide to Robben and Amrabat, Robben i want to tuck inside and look to slide the ball into Falcao. Falcao will be putting his aerial strength into action on the run into the box for the crosses coming in from Moses and Alonso coming from out wide. Sarabia is to roam in and around the number 10 area, pushing that ball through or out wide being the creator. Motta to sit and protect almost as a spare centre back by squeezing possession out in our final third. Rudiger, Silva and Kaboul to work as a tight fit team protecting our goal. Silva to dominate in the air against the forwards.

80th - Behrami for Motta

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Week 14 Tactics Empty Re: Week 14 Tactics

Post by Trebs Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

VOTER ONE

WBA vs Burnley - WBA win

It's seriously close for me. I think Afro has cocked up in the way he's set out going into the area that's Nadz protected the most leaving Vasquez/Mertens to get free out wide as Oyarzabal ain't the fastest in the world so playing him like that was a risk that seems inevitable to fail honestly. WBA need a better forward & a CM obviously but over 90 mins Nadeem seems to have actually thought he's plan out well for once. If was allowed to give draws i would tbh just for a lack of decent forward by WBA but splitting them id give him a 51-49 majority win.

Hull vs Watford - Watford win

Again very close but Miky's been rather smart with his 3-3-3-1 by crowding out Jesus and doubling up out wide where Hero's side have pushed up leaving Robben/Moses & Amrabat/Alonso to get in behind and up against Henrichs/Stafyilidis id fancy them to cause a lot of issues. Sarabia staying high up the pitch means Keita/De Bruyne will need to do some serious work over 90 mins to support Jesus against a DM & 3 CB'sand with Watford having the numbers advantage i can't see them being too successful despite their obvious quality. The full backs of Watford fairly comfortable against the width of Hull who i think need improving compared to the rest of the forward line whilst Pulisic/Mbappe are good their not great like the rest. It's close but Watford take the day after a tactical blunder from Hero imho.

VOTER TWO

WBA vs Burnley - Burnley win

WBA's weakness is their FBs, the CBs and CMs are good and will put pressure on Burnley. Burnley have an excellent set of midfielders, I'd back them to get on top with Coutinho and Bernardeschi pitching in. I don't think WBA have enough quality up front to really test the Burnley defence, and Burnley will take this off the back of a piece of magic from Coutinho/Bernardeschi

Hull vs Watford - Hull win

Hull can be got at defensively without a real top drawer leader at the back, but I'm not sure the Watford front 4 has the quality to really go at them. Miky has gone a bit Guardiola with the formation, but I think that second level of Moses/Motta/Alonso is a bit of a weakness with only Motta there as a game controller, I wouldn't back the Chelsea pair to really be able to handle the pressure that the likes of Kante/Keita will be able to put on them, especially with the hardworking Jesus up front. I think Hull have enough to contain the Watford front 4, and will nick a goal to win this

VOTER THREE

WBA vs Burnley - Burnley win

A good move from West Brom to target the left back side, and with Burnley defensively weak I think they were create chances, with some great players in Vidal, Mertens. As much as I like Burnley I think they need better wing backs and they have a decent striker unlike West Brom so I'm going for a Burnley victory.

Hull vs Watford - Hull win

The Hull side is certainly stronger on paper but for me tactically there's not enough about them to explain how they want to play. Watford have brought in Falcao who is a good signing, but it's not enough for me. The fact Motta is on his own in the middle and told to act as a spare centre back leaves a lot of room for the Hull midfield to exploit. If they played Behrami over Sarabia in a 5-4-1 that would have worked better for me.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 14 Feb 2017, 2:17 pm

Tough luck there Nad.

I wasn't happy with my tactics at all this week, as I rushed them on my phone, so I felt you should have won tbh.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down