The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook

+5
Young_Towzer
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
Bob
azania
9 posters

Go down

Kell Brook Empty Kell Brook

Post by azania Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:50 pm

How good is he and how good can he be?

Who would win between Brook and Berto or Ortiz?

azania

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook Empty Re: Kell Brook

Post by Bob Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:54 pm

Don't get me started. Lazy little prick. He'll get beaten by any fighter who has decent conditioning and a bit of skill. I'd tip (and pray) both of them beat him.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:09 pm

From what I have seen of him I wasn't impressed. Admittedly it was mainly the Jennings fight which bored me to tears. Outside of that he has looked flashy and decent but that was against sub par fighters.

The jury's out on him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

Along with Gavin, the most gifted fighter who is still on the domestic scene. Has the talent to beat Berto if they were matched right now in my opinion, even though I suspect many will disagree. But Bob has hit a big nail on the head; his application and discipline is questionable, as is some of the competition he's faced so far - although I think N'Dou is a step in the right direction.

I think he can be something special if he pulls his finger out and concentrates on doing what he needs to do to win, rather than doing what he thinks will make him look flashy and stylish. That, and also stop getting himself in trouble outside of boxing.

He's without doubt a world champion in the next twelve months or so, for me.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:22 pm

He has the most annoying voice in boxing at the moment i'll give him that. Seriously though he is extremely talented but I'm not sire he will make the grade and we won't know untill he starts to step it up

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

@Bob
EH?

Ortiz would destroy him, as would Berto imo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:02 am

Has talent but living in sheffield the rumours about his application and attitude abound, he has been kicked out of the gym on more than one occasion. There are rumours this is all in the past but I have my doubts. You have to question whether Frank would let an unbeaten fighter of obvious talent switch to one of his rivals without virtually any fuss where this not the case.

Hope he has turned the corner because the talent seems obviously there but think we will have to reserve judgement just yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:06 am

Agree with that uncaged dog ROLEY on this one. Ol' Fish Eyes isn't in the business of letting money slip through his fingers. If Brook was as good as he thinks he is or as dedicated as he needed to be, Warren would have secured him a title shot in a heartbeat.

If Kevin Mitchell can get a nice domestic unification scrap with John Murray after his much publicised troubles pre and post-Katsidis then I'm sure Warren could do something similar for Brook. The fact that he hasn't, surely speaks volumes.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

He is extremely talented along with Gavin the best up and comer Britain has to offer imo. His application which has been mentioned is poor and his time with Fwank when he should have been fighting more often and against better opposition might have harmed his development as well.

In regards to beating Berto or Ortiz it's hard to tell they have mixed with better opposition than Kell. For me Kell is the more gifted of the 3 but has had the poorest development in the ring.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

I think we'll know alot more about him after this next fight. From what we've seen he has the tools & seems to have the power but i think N'dou will be very awkward for him & it might be interesting to see how Brook reacts if he cant get N'dou out.

It looks like he's gonna make a decent level but might need to sort the faux Naz attitude out as he goes.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

I would be suprised if Kell stopped N'Dou but he will need to keep calm and stick to his boxing and try not to be to gung ho and try to hard to KO him. N'Dou isn't world class anymore but is probably the best Kell has faced.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

Got tickets for the N'dou fight in a couple of weeks, hopefully if N'dou has any ambition still left we should get a better impression of his abilities and attitude

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

Brook is a good fighter but well overhyped. He would come unstuck against any other top 10 Ring title fighter. He done well to make it into the top 10 rankings though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:14 am

Brook is a good fighter but well overhyped. He would come unstuck against any other top 10 Ring title fighter. He done well to make it into the top 10 rankings though
#
Manny Pacquiao - Pacquiao destroys Brook imo

#
Victor Ortiz - Ortiz stops him late imo
#
Andre Berto - Berto W UD imo
#
Jan Zaveck - Brook W UD imo
#
Vyacheslav Senchenko - Brook late TKO imo
#
Rafal Jackiewicz - Brook UD imo
#
Mike Jones - Brook TKO imo
#
Shane Mosley - Brook UD imo
#
Selcuk Aydin - Brook TKO imo
#

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

Is agree with young_towzer except I feel jones beats brook UD. Brook may also have the beating of berto. I might even pick selcuk to beat him, he's unproven at that level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down