The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+5
jimbohammers
Good Golly I'm Olly
James100
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 04 Sep 2017, 10:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a 14 man squad for this week’s Specsavers County Championship away match with Hampshire, starting at 10:30am on Tuesday 5 September.
Tom Curran returns to the squad having not played for the club since the Natwest T20 Blast victory over Sussex Sharks on Sunday 13 August due to a back issue.
Arun Harinath misses out on the match having failed to recover from a side strain picked up in a 2XI match with Middlesex in August.
The full Surrey squad is:
Gareth Batty (captain)
Scott Borthwick
Rory Burns
Rikki Clarke
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Conor McKerr
Stuart Meaker
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Jason Roy
Amar Virdi
McKerr,Dernbach (who can now take on the trolls on twitter for the rest of the year Laugh ) and virdi to miss out.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Thu 07 Sep 2017, 7:03 pm

Cheers, Olly - thought you would know about the CPL off the cuff. Smile

Assume we get Stoneman back for our next match.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 07 Sep 2017, 8:53 pm

kumar is definitely back for the next game as his team got knocked out Wednesday OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Sep 2017, 5:02 am

Having watched the highlights on youtube - the decision to give Burns LBW, was...lets say "debatable" at best #triggered
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 08 Sep 2017, 5:59 am

I'd be surprised if there was much if any play today in Surrey's match. There's a lot of rain in Southampton area at the moment.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Sep 2017, 8:49 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:I'd be surprised if there was much if any play today in Surrey's match.  There's a lot of rain in Southampton area at the moment.

What's all this about a 2pm start? My money has already gone on the draw so don't expect my bar tab to be cleared anytime soon! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:22 am

Credit where it's due, Foakes and Pope did well in that reduced session to get to tea unscathed. 200/4, a lead of 110.

It could have been dicey if they had both gone early today. As it is now, I expect a declaration at 4.20 and hands shaken on the draw.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:27 am

his holiness playing to impress Guildford Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:31 am

Anybody know if the test match finishes early will rocky be available for Yorkshire on Tuesday?

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:35 am

jimbobgooner wrote:Anybody know if the test match finishes early will rocky be available for Yorkshire on Tuesday?

No, but he might be available for us! Yahoo

Seriously, I think he could be available to us. He's not on an England contract so I don't see why we shouldn't have him.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:40 am

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:Anybody know if the test match finishes early will rocky be available for Yorkshire on Tuesday?

No, but he might be available for us! Yahoo

drumroll

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:41 am

50 for his holiness clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:41 am

His holiness with his maiden championship fifty. Promising game for the Surrey yoof
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:42 am

Yeah, Pope's done good. I did wonder if he might be too much of a limited overs batsman - fine for a 20 or so but lacking the temperament to bat for the best part of a day.

Anyway, he's done the hard work this afternoon. Needs to keep his concentration as the game fizzles out and get a red inker.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:51 am

Jimbo H - we'll never know for sure what difference him playing in this match would have made but Hants and their supporters were sure kicked in the nuts by the ECB withdrawing #cranetrain.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:56 am

100 partnership clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:00 am

lead goes past 150 Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:04 am

jimbobgooner wrote:lead goes past 150 Very Happy

And Pope gets up to 80. I just wonder if he might get the big one. Enough time if they don't choose to declare at 4.20 and finish the game then. Keep your concentration, lad!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:19 am

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:lead goes past 150 Very Happy

And Pope gets up to 80. I just wonder if he might get the big one. Enough time if they don't choose to declare at 4.20 and finish the game then. Keep your concentration, lad!
into the nervous nineties Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:27 am

vince on come on his holiness Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:28 am

yessssssssssssssssss 100 for pope Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo clap clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:48 am

Superb effort by Pope with Foakes not far behind.

It finished a comfortable and easy draw but, as said earlier, it could have ended up very differently if both those two had gone in the first 20 minutes of play today.

Very much our day but another frustrating game where we were on top at one time but again let it slip. As well as Pope and Foakes, a lot of credit as well to Patel. Without Patel's first innings knock, we would have been in dreadful trouble. Borthwick gets a bigger worry every game and must surely sit it out against Yorks.

Some decent individual performances and a lot of fight from Hants on days 2 and 3 but I'll hand over to Jimbo H to cover his boys.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Sep 2017, 2:56 pm

Excellent stuff from Pope and Foakes - great to see two youngsters in Pope and Patel distinguish themselves at division one level - against a very good bowling attack. Solid draw for Surrey that, all but confirms mid table mediocrity
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 08 Sep 2017, 3:04 pm

Very pleased for the Pontiff to score his maiden century. Even if - judging by clips shown on Twitter - the final over from Vince in which Pope raced to three figures might have shown undue deference to the batsman's exalted status. Very Happy

Surrey showed much needed fight on the last day.  With our bowling attack, any further cc win seems as far away as ever - so as a minimum we really do need to getting draws plus decent haul of batting points.

Have to assume Borthwick will be dropped. He's having a terrible time of it at the moment - averaging just under 26 in the cc for the season (tho I suspect considerably lower than that taking only the more recent matches.)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sat 09 Sep 2017, 3:44 am

Well played to Pope. A shame about the weather as we could have had a good game on there!

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2