The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoiler- tonight's action

+2
Pedro147
Happytravelling
6 posters

Go down

Spoiler- tonight's action Empty Spoiler- tonight's action

Post by Happytravelling Sat 30 Sep 2017, 10:45 pm

Fielding v Brophy
Dodd v stalker
Farrell v Davis
Hall v Butler

Breidis v Perez

Brophy blown out and, possibly, outclassed again.

Stalker looking underwealming but well done to Dodd.

Farrell out gunned and out of his depth.

Not watching hall v Butler. But Perez looks in great shape, fighting well but getting really frustrated with a ref playing to the partisan crowd. Deducted a point for an accidental head but?

Perez is fighting Breidis and the ref.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Spoiler- tonight's action Empty Re: Spoiler- tonight's action

Post by Pedro147 Sat 30 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm

What channel is the Perez fight on?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 30 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

It was on ITV box office.

Scrappy fight. Breidis looking to tie up once Perez threw.

The ref let him and made it a fight of a few punches and clinches.

But, in the end, Perez didn't fight smart enough. Rushed in and go caught by counters before Breidis tired him up.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sat 30 Sep 2017, 11:16 pm

Was watching the Sky card. Stalker should retire, don’t think he’s going to make any impact as a pro and he’s 33 now. Davies did well in his fight and Farrell showed good heart but massive difference in levels. Decent domestic card I suppose. All you can get outside box office these days.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 01 Oct 2017, 2:15 am

Stalker is a professional boxer, so never like to call for him to quit his profession but he does need to take a serious look at himself.

Such a promising amateur struggling to even outbox a man who didn't take to boxing till his 20's needs to ask questions.

He won't be the first or last to struggle in the professional ranks but there's a problem there somewhere. You can see Gavin's talent, every now and then, even if he can't train and is lazy. Stalker just looked average but doesn't look like he's not committed. Is it psychological?

Farrell was gutsy and wasn't lacking ability it was just Davis hits so hard. Farrell seemed to be learning but his start was so poor. Farrell will probably come out of this better than Davis.

Nothing I saw tonight changes my mind that Davis is flat track bully.

Just seen hall v Butler. Butler looked very good but hall shouldn't be shamed. Good fight.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 01 Oct 2017, 10:01 am

Briedis vs Perez was a real letdown. Briedis will get pumped by Usyk.

I hope Stalker retires - he doesn't react well to being hit and was having his head knocked around like a ping pong ball.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 01 Oct 2017, 10:19 am

Happytravelling wrote:Stalker is a professional boxer, so never like to call for him to quit his profession but he does need to take a serious look at himself.

Such a promising amateur struggling to even outbox a man who didn't take to boxing till his 20's needs to ask questions.

He won't be the first or last to struggle in the professional ranks but there's a problem there somewhere. You can see Gavin's talent, every now and then, even if he can't train and is lazy. Stalker just looked average but doesn't look like he's not committed. Is it psychological?

Farrell was gutsy and wasn't lacking ability it was just Davis hits so hard. Farrell seemed to be learning but his start was so poor. Farrell will probably come out of this better than Davis.

Nothing I saw tonight changes my mind that Davis is flat track bully.

Just seen hall v Butler. Butler looked very good but hall shouldn't be shamed. Good fight.

I don't care much for Ohara Davies.. but to suggest a guy that gets completely battered off someone that never has to leave first gear all night.. comes out of it better in the long run is a real stretch.

Farrell was open...He didn't have anything to stop Davies taking liberties and everytime he went on the ropes you feared the worse.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:53 am

A bit harsh Truss.

He was outclassed. No doubt. But you're trying to say he will have learnt nothing by it when, even as the fight went on, he was adapting.

Didn't mean he wasn't outclassed or that the terrible start was always going to make it a walk over.

Not everybody can be world class. Farrell looks like domestic to EU level, at best.

If it didn't destroy his confidence, and he wasn't shell shocked after being knocked down twice in a round, he will have learnt something.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 02 Oct 2017, 4:13 am

I was gutted for Brophy but he looked like he couldn't keep Fielding away and against someone with a 'punch' he was always going to struggle, think Rocky's making the right choice going the EBU route as he's not ready for world level.

Stalker looked like he always has, a bit shy of punching and a bit flummoxed when he's in the ring, don't think there's anything left for him professional wise and should maybe try and get a coaching/mentoring position. He's got a great amateur career to look back on but as Paul Smith mentioned 'you don't always make the transition' (although i did laugh when he mentioned Khan straight after). As for Dodd, he's shown again that he's more than just a crude slugger and i wonder if he thinks about what could have happened if he'd turned pro a bit earlier. Think Eddie should try and get him a few European fights and see how he does, he's got the fan base to make it a worthwhile little project.

Davies just outpunched Farrell who just couldn't get away from some extremely hurtful looking punches. Shown the heart and the grit it takes to be a boxer by getting up off the deck but was never really in the contest. A humbler Davies gave him credit at the end as well and there's no shame in losing, think Farrell can come back again and learn from it. As for Davies, move him up the ranks and see how that power holds against Commonwealth and EBU level.

I fell asleep during the Hall/Butler contest, not cause of the fight but i've been working too hard :-). Heard it was a great contest that Butler shown his class in, seems to have stepped up a gear the last 6 months and he's been working hard in the gym and at Sparring. Think maybe it's time for Hall to think about hanging them up as he's had an absolutely fantastic career but won't hit them world champion heights again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 02 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

The Bredis fight was a disgrace, so much holding it was ridiculous, basically throw a few punches then grab

Ref should have thrown Bredis out, it was complete rubbish, clearly he didn't have the ability to hang with Perez in an actual boxing match

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down