The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Conference Week 10

+5
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Hero
BamBam
Marky
9 posters

Go down

Press Conference Week 10 Empty Press Conference Week 10

Post by Marky Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:31 pm

1. Half term report (as we're about halfway through the season), how would you grade your season so far?

2. Who are you eyeing up for the transfer cap increase at the end of the season?

3. Is there much quality left in the bargain basement of TM? Have you found a few gems you're keeping quiet about? (Without naming names obviously)

4. With the League table bunching up, is it really a six horse race for the title? Or are we all just waiting for Hero to run away with it?

5. With plenty of people bored by F1 these days, which ludicrous idea would you suggest to make it more entertaining?

6. With Christmas approaching, what's your favourite Christmas song? (Everybody has at least one they don't hate)

7. What is your favourite footballing Christmas memory? Could be a Boxing Day fixture, or a footballing gift you fondly remember.

8. What is your favourite goal you've ever seen live (not televised)?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Press Conference Week 10 Empty Re: Press Conference Week 10

Post by Marky Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:43 pm

1. Half term report (as we're about halfway through the season), how would you grade your season so far?
I'd give myself a C, we've done alright but we should be doing better. Too many points dropped that didn't need to be, if I'm being critical.

2. Who are you eyeing up for the transfer cap increase at the end of the season?
I would love to save up for one of the centre forwards, if a lawyers offer comes in for Andre Silva I'd be aiming for one of those.

3. Is there much quality left in the bargain basement of TM? Have you found a few gems you're keeping quiet about? (Without naming names obviously)
There's a few, but there's also going to be some who we don't know about who have a few good games out of nowhere.

4. With the League table bunching up, is it really a six horse race for the title? Or are we all just waiting for Hero to run away with it?
I think Hero's going to run away with it, he's got the star names to win close games and I think it'll be too much for anyone to claw him back.

5. With plenty of people bored by F1 these days, which ludicrous idea would you suggest to make it more entertaining?
Make the pit lane a giant version of Kwik Fit, where all the drivers have to wait an hour to change tyres while flicking through magazines and watching Saturday Kitchen.

6. With Christmas approaching, what's your favourite Christmas song? (Everybody has at least one they don't hate)
Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC

7. What is your favourite footballing Christmas memory? Could be a Boxing Day fixture, or a footballing gift you fondly remember.
I fondly remember taking my sister in law's boyfriend to Crawley v MK Dons on a Boxing Day. We left at midday for the 3pm kickoff. Decided at 2:45pm to stay in the pub and spend our ticket money on more beer. Got drunk, played pool, occasionally looked at the score (we lost 2-0), then went back to pretend we went to the game. Good times.

It was televised but I was there, when Sergio Torres sidefooted from the edge of the box as we beat Derby County in injury time on a rainy January night in the FA Cup 3rd Round, pandemonium in the terrace, and I was stood right behind the corner of the net Sergio scored into, so we knew it was in before it was in.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:48 pm

F - Rooted to the bottom with no sign of improvement for weeks, if anything I'm regressing Laugh

Would love to get a top drawer AM/striker to win me votes in tight games

Struggling a little, there's a couple I like but you gits tend to buy them before I get the funds

I would have said a Hero run away, but he's been reigned in a bit and I genuinely think 4 or 5 teams are in the running

Mario Kart style power ups

I love cheesy Xmas songs - Wham's Last Christmas if I've got to pick one

I went to Man Utd v Newcastle on Boxing Day a few years ago - Hernandez late winner and the place went insane

I scored a 30 yarder top bins in the 119th minute of the Schools Cup semi final when I was 15, nothing will ever beat it

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:55 pm

A solid B, if at the start of the season I was told I'd be top come this point I'd take it. Disappointed with the 2 losses but overall think I'm set well for the 2nd half of the season and beyond.

Depends upon the price increase we go upto, I'd be looking at the likes of Salah, Sane, Icardi, Isco, Thiago, etc but I'm sure everyone else will be too.

There's a couple of players that were released/lawyered that are coming up soon I'd like

I think it's still Afro's to lose personally but I'm happy where I am, not checked what the last week of the season is but if it's me v Afro for the title I'm guaranteed to do a Spurs again.

Turn it into a race version of Robot Wars.

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole, I'm a fan of the classics so ones like him, Bing and Sinatra.

Getting the Man Utd green and yellow shirt with laces collar and Cantona on the back.  Happy days.

Beckham's free kick for England v Greece at Old Trafford. Won tickets for it and was treated to free champagne all night afterwards in the Executive area.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:58 pm

Marky wrote:1. Half term report (as we're about halfway through the season), how would you grade your season so far?

D - Would be higher if had put effort in, Results have turned around since ignored the deadline and got proper tactics in Laugh

2. Who are you eyeing up for the transfer cap increase at the end of the season? Probably a central midfielder

3. Is there much quality left in the bargain basement of TM? Have you found a few gems you're keeping quiet about? (Without naming names obviously) Yeah their is quite a few left Smile

4. With the League table bunching up, is it really a six horse race for the title? Or are we all just waiting for Hero to run away with it? Hero will run away with it eventually due to his process of buying high TM value players then upgrading etc

5. With plenty of people bored by F1 these days, which ludicrous idea would you suggest to make it more entertaining? Make it like Mario Kart with Rockets

6. With Christmas approaching, what's your favourite Christmas song? (Everybody has at least one they don't hate) I like all Xmas songs that isn't X-Factor related

7. What is your favourite footballing Christmas memory? Could be a Boxing Day fixture, or a footballing gift you fondly remember. Everyone chilling on the sofa on boxing day watching soccer saturday whilst playing monopoly and Poopie each other

The goalie for Chesham Utd scored from a goalkick was quality banter

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:56 am

Well seeing as I've been doing tactics over 200 words each week I'm giving myself an F cos I should be on no wins Laugh

I'm not really eyeing up one player, I wanna gather as much money as possible to finish making improvements to the overall squad. I could obviously do with an out and out striker though

I honestly only scour TM when I need a player in a position tbh and haven't found anything fruitful so far!

The latter - that shoe nonce is gonna boss it

Whoever is last on each lap gets his head chopped off by an ISIS fighter for being a tory

Mariah Carey. For obvious reasons

Seeing as Norwich always suck on Boxing Day it'll have to be a pre-Xmas fixture, the weekend before Xmas a few years back we beat Utd at Old Trafford, 1-2. I was in Australia at the time and remember waking up at 3:30am Aus time to see we were 2-0 up and I could barely believe it. Then two minutes later it was 2-1 and I went to sleep expecting a loss when I awoke, but somehow we held on. Cameron Jerome and an Alex Tettey toe poke scoring against David De Gea. What times they were

Well I have numerous. Favourite goal by a non-Norwich player has to be when Suarez scored from the halfway line at Carrow Road, just incredible.

Norwich wise - Steve Morison's equaliser in the 3-3 draw at the Emirates against Arsenal. To this day I have never seen a better football match live, it was end to end all game, and we went from being 2-1 up, to 3-2 down with about 10 minutes left and you kind of thought that was that, but we played some beautiful build up, and Morison buried it in the goal at our end and celebrated in front of the away end. I was there that day, and it was just the perfect footballing moment for a fan of a "small" club.

Obviously the goals in the playoff semi final against Ipswich, and the final at Wembley rank highly too.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:59 pm

I am very happy - I have really enjoyed the league. Two results have frustrated me, not because I have lost but because the voters gave feedback that was conflicting so don't understand which one to go with!

I think a few CF's. Looking to cash in on some TM increases if moves happen in January.

Yep, there is at least 3 I have found (I have a good track record of finding the gems it seems). Just can't seem to raise the cash. Happy to get Mina this week though.

As the weeks pass I think the league was won by Hero when he sold Belotti for 36m. It allowed him to buy probably the top two targets in the league PLUS a very good CF. I think even if we all improve our squads, the tight games will go his way simply because of his front line.

Those who finish 1st in qualifying have to start the race from the back (so reverse order to how qualifying finished). But with this, the points they can get potentially rewarded increases too.

Wizzard - Wish it could be Christmas every day

I don't actually have one! Or I can't remember it. I don't think I have ever got a footballing Christmas gift - maybe Fifa 97 for the Mega Drive. Though I was rubbish and just played the 5-a-side indoor games

Danny Kedwell's goal for Ebbsfleet v Hartlepool a few weeks back. Only because the guy next to us spilt his pint all over his daughter. She was on her phone at the time.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:15 pm

C. Half arsed effort but seem to be getting results. More effort put in for the last 2 weeks, with only a 50% win rate to show for it.

None atm. Not thinking that far ahead.

Plenty still there. I have a list in my head that I plan to go for when the right lawyer or domestic deal frees up a squad space. But then some like Lenglet I waited too long

I think it will remain close. Whilst his side is strong, I don't share the view that it stands out from others. I think perhaps others seem to rate his front line much higher than I do.

Put bumpers on, and let them barge each other out of the way. Would remove the problem of overtaking on tight tracks

Fairytale of New York. When I hear that for the first time, that's when I feel its Xmas.

We are normally cack at xmas/new year time Hull spanked us a few years ago. I remember us beating Boro 4-0 yonks ago, and Juninho continually going down like he'd been shot.

Kanchelskis for us in the derby. think we won 3-1 (?) but he took it from the halfway line.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:42 pm

1. I'll give myself a C. Scraping a pass with two impressive wins over Afro and Hero following a dismal start to the season. I think on paper my team isn't that far away from the top sides in this league.

2. We need to be careful though as we could end up with a system where cash has no value. Mainly thinking I need a full back and a centre back, along with potentially a winger. There's a few players out there, one I'll 100% be signing when I can.

3. The must-haves are mostly gone now. There's not that many bargains left. Tomasz Kuszczak I think would be a good buy, he did alright for Birmingham this season and would complete my United XI.

4. I'd like to think that I can gatecrash the party. Quite a few of the top sides lost in the last gameweek and anybody can beat anybody in this league. I wouldn't say that Hero, or anyone else winning the title is a foregone conclusion. Having said that, on paper it's difficult to argue against him having the best XI, despite Afro's intelligent gamesmanship in under-rating his opponent.

5. Some of the modern tracks, such as Abu Dhabi are very poor circuits for overtaking. Most of the old-school circuits are good, such as Spa, Suzuka and Interlagos. Austin has proved it's possible to make a great new track as well.
Basically, more needs to be done to mix up qualifying.
I like the idea of one lap for everyone, so if a driver screws up they start down the order. It was done in the early 2000s but wasn't so popular but I think it could be refined to make it work.
You could also do reverse World Championship positions to start the grid, that's crazy.

6. Lindsey Stirling is very nice, and she's just released a Christmas album.

7. I don't really have any such memories. My family are very anti-football.

8. Me and my housemates had a five-a-side team. We played one game with a man short, and struggled. The ball got chipped across to me, stood a yard or two behind the halfway line, and I hear a call to leave it. I get out the way and my team-mate volleys a perfect, dipping shot into the corner to the applause of even the referee. I then got recognised at a separate five-a-side league a couple of days later for being the guy who stood there as my mate scored.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksey79 Tue 19 Dec 2017, 10:17 am

F - rock bottom it couldn't be any worse

We don't like to discuss players at other teams, it's not the done thing

There's a couple knocking about, it's whether they'd be rated that it is the stumbling block

It's Hero's to lose but I think we'll see another side with a late surge nick it

Sprinklers and/or black ice

For some reason I really don't hate, Driving home for christmas

back in the day we used to go to a local preferably Wolves but if they were away we'd go Walsall for the boxing day game, me my dad my uncles, good memories mostly

erm there's been a few down the years, but maybe the most recent one was Ebank's Blakes effort vs Charlton, nice ground to go to as an "away" fan and this was such a beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ4sB-PHlgk

Brooksey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down