PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 7:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last week's note about the Pebble Beach logjam, 6+ hour rounds, 102 golfers playing one course on Sunday, and suggesting ideas for reducing the likelihood of this "Murphy's an optimist" type of outcome, attracted an unintended and unfortunate series of responses, so strictly bullets this time:

1).102 golfers in a field is the very high end of what's acceptable at Augusta National for The Masters. But they are unlikely to have anything close to that number this year, following last year's 94 contestants.
So far, 82 exempt golfers are likely to play.

2).As far as I can see, only Ted Potter has definitely become exempt during the course of the first two months of the year. And only 3 have crept into the owgr Top 50 who weren't previously exempt: Kodaira, Reavie, Frittelli. The final owgr Top 50 cut-off for an invite is March 26th Imagine Cameron Smith will ease in to the mix but can't see too many other likely candidates. Though Poulter surely wouldn't agree.

3).One doubts that more than perhaps about 88 will make the field before any withdrawals.

4).Newly qualified golfers via various routes for next week's WGC-Mexico include: Ancer, Campillo, Ikeda, Luiten, Mickelson, Oosthuizen, Ormsby, Paisley, Reavie, Schwartzel, Sharma, Steele, Bubba. Any golfers not previously exempt who are in the FedEx Top 10 next Monday will be eligible. Currently that would include just Kizzire (playing with Woods this week).

5).Two Phil-worthy notes:
It's been more than 10 years since he registered Top Six finishes in three consecutive weeks.
And the wins of Potter and Bubba represented the first consecutive Tour wins by left-handers since Phil won Atlanta and Augusta in 2006.

6).Seven Europeans have two Top Tens apiece so far this Tour season. Would you have guessed them?
Cabrera-Bello, Casey, Cejka, Knox, Laird, Rahm, Rose.

7).Talking about The Masters earlier, it was reported last week that the Hooties are planning to lengthen the Par-4 5th hole. Mixed responses from the players:
Phil liked the idea with words to the effect of: "I'm in favour of making the difficult holes more difficult, and making the easier holes even easier."
Whereas McDowell reckoned he couldn't hold a ball on the putting surface now, let alone from 20 yards further back. (Academic opinion from McDool of course.)

8).Here's a pgatour.com Q&A with Ben Taylor, just the fourth Englishman to win on the web.com circuit (or its predecessors), joining Fryatt, Christian & Owen (another useless trivia question).  
https://www.pgatour.com/webcom/news/2018/02/14/get-to-know-ben-taylor.html

9).Following Roller Coaster's excellent link to the Paddy/Rory conversation, I see they're paired together this week, with Adam Scott - coincidence? I think not!!
Too many European Tour players in the field to mention all of them but Kiradech is here, Sergio, Poults, Frittelli, Hatton and Wiesberger.

10).Rickie Fowler won Honda last year but, unlike Riviera, the "Honda" has its fair share of "international" winners, in the 2000's alone Parnevik, Padraig, Lukey, Els, Yang, Camilo, Roary, Rory, Padraig again, and Scott. More in hope than conviction, my one-and-done this week is the 2015 champ, Russell Henley - just wish he'd get more consistency.


Last edited by kwinigolfer on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

kwinigolfer

Posts : 24394
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Vermont

Back to top Go down


Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 6:59 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
super_realist wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:
super_realist wrote:Does Nine Chins Need more reps still wear that preposterous red colour on a Sunday?

What is preposterous about wearing a red shirt? Plenty of other people wear red too, what's wrong with wearing your favourite colour?

Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing Red Ray, the preposterous part is it's his superstition to wear it EVERY Sunday he makes it to as if it's somehow intimidating to the rest of the field. The guy is a pea brained moron.

When has he ever said: "I wear red to intimidate the rest of the field." ???

I think in the past he has said it's his lucky colour, or maybe he said his mum likes him to wear red because she's superstitious. Something like that. Hardly moronic. Are you projecting again?

Red is well known in psychology to be a colour of intimidation. I wouldn't put it past 9C's oafish dad to have instilled that in him. Are you really saying that having a "Lucky" colour is NOT moronic? There's no such thing as luck, so pinning it on a colour is incredibly moronic. As for being 42 and wearing colour your mum wants you to wear is probably worse.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, NMR is a man of almost zero personality and negative imagination.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm

pedro wrote:Red shirt may just be a habit. I’m sure you have habits too, super?

Habit? Yeah, he just can't help himself can he? He tries to put on a green one, but last minute he just can't.

Smoking is a habit, biting your nails is a habit. Wearing a red shirt is not a habit.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by pedro on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 7:47 pm

super_realist wrote:
pedro wrote:Red shirt may just be a habit. I’m sure you have habits too, super?

Habit? Yeah, he just can't help himself can he? He tries to put on a green one, but last minute he just can't.

Smoking is a habit, biting your nails is a habit. Wearing a red shirt is not a habit.
Call it what you want. It is just as deliberate as smoking. It’s ingrained. He can’t help it. And yes I actually think he can’t put on a green one.

pedro

Posts : 6151
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 7:58 pm

Ha ha ha. No it isn't.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by beninho on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 8:09 pm

He wears red, it became his thing and was marketable and probably made some money selling tw red shirts for years. Someone brought me one once.

I worry more about someone who cares so passionately about it. Why does it bother anyone?

beninho

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by raycastleunited on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 8:11 pm

So now nobody is allowed to have a favourite colour, because that is moronic.

What do you mean there's no such thing as luck? Isn't that the secret to great golf? Don't you have a lucky four leaf clover, or lucky pulling pants? Actually probably not, I'll leave Mac to follow up with that one.

raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Davie on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 8:17 pm

Leave Super alone! #AspieAwareness

Davie

Posts : 7568
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 8:23 pm

beninho wrote:He wears red, it became his thing and was marketable and probably made some money selling tw red shirts for years. Someone brought me one once.

I worry more about someone who cares so passionately about it. Why does it bother anyone?

I don't care passionately about it, I just thought that in his absence, the pea brained Woods might have grown out of infantile superstition.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by beninho on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 8:30 pm

Why did you bring it up?

Just curious.

beninho

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 9:30 pm

Davie wrote:Leave Super alone! #AspieAwareness
Seriously? You want to post stuff like this?
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 8:03 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Davie wrote:Leave Super alone! #AspieAwareness
Seriously? You want to post stuff like this?

Like what? Are you being hypersensitive about Davie making a joke about Autism? When did we become so bloody puritan and prudish we couldn't make a joke?
Seems everything is off limits these days. All this no platforming stuff,  the ridiculous stance the likes of Owen Jones and  Jack Monroe take that  "everything is off limits" nonsense is pathetic. Who cares if someone is offended?  It won't kill anyone, and it won't do them any harm.  Would you really want to sound like the virtue signalling Mac?

I don't care if Davie wants to make a joke about me and compare me to someone who has autism. WHO  BLOODY CARES? Grow up Navy. It was a JOKE. If you don't find it funny, don't reply, but don't attempt to place your standards on else's decision to make a joke, because that's more "offensive" than any joke.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 10:31 am

picard What a plank.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Davie on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 11:10 am

Seriously? You want to post stuff like this?

Davie

Posts : 7568
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 1:14 pm

Davie wrote:Seriously? You want to post stuff like this?
To be fair, I shouldn't have done so as it was demonstrably obvious in any case.

Anyway, take it to the 'Anything Goes' thread if you want to continue.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 6:18 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:picard What a plank.

I got a warning once for inferring Mac was a plank. Consider yourself reprimanded.

Isn't calling someone a plank as bad as referring to them as having Aspergers in the prudish censorship of 606v2?

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by pedro on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 11:28 pm

I think it’s offensive to call someone with aspergers a plank. Run

pedro

Posts : 6151
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by raycastleunited on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:12 am

That's a bit offensive to planks.

Plankist.

raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by raycastleunited on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:14 am

Just want to make sure this thread stays on topic.

Honda make cars for planks. Job done.

raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Roller_Coaster on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 8:56 am

I had a classic Honda.

As on topic as it can be, despite being so far off topic.

Not sure if I am a plank or not.

Probably am.

Roller_Coaster

Posts : 2282
Join date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by raycastleunited on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 9:15 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:I had a classic Honda.

Is that possible? Sounds like an oxymoron.

raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:31 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:I had a classic Honda.

As on topic as it can be, despite being so far off topic.

Not sure if I am a plank or not.

Probably am.

Like Lexus and Cadillac, Honda are for pensioners.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by pedro on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 11:13 pm

I’d take a Honda over a bus pass.

pedro

Posts : 6151
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 8:42 am

pedro wrote:I’d take a Honda over a bus pass.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh He has been very quiet, I hope he hasn't been a victim of the snow, the busses in Edinburgh have been off all week.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by I'm never wrong on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:26 am

super_realist wrote: Honda are for pensioners.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Civic Type R or an NSX

I'm never wrong

Posts : 1831
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:37 am

I'm never wrong wrote:
super_realist wrote: Honda are for pensioners.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Civic Type R or an NSX


Could you seriously drive a Type R without a paper bag on your head? It is so ugly and it would be an embarrassment to drive something as chavvy as that. It's got a spoiler on it that you could sleep on which is ugly and toe curling enough but it's also FWD which means the spoiler is making it handle WORSE. Stupid car.
If it was a dog it would be a staffie. Ghastly.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by NedB-H on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:42 am

Does it get me to where I want to go though? That’s all I ask for in a car

NedB-H

Posts : 2039
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Kent / Ceredigion

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:59 am

True, but I prefer to get to where I want to go without people pointing and laughing at what you arrived in.

Mac will probably laugh at me for saying this, but can you imagine picking up a woman to go somewhere in a Civic Type R?

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 12:59 pm

super_realist wrote:
I'm never wrong wrote:
super_realist wrote: Honda are for pensioners.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Civic Type R or an NSX


Could you seriously drive a Type R without a paper bag on your head? It is so ugly and it would be an embarrassment to drive something as chavvy as that. It's got a spoiler on it that you could sleep on which is ugly and toe curling enough but it's also FWD which means the spoiler is making it handle WORSE. Stupid car.
If it was a dog it would be a staffie. Ghastly.
I forgot you know more than the designers at Honda. You'd never see me in a Caddy, but Lexus and Honda include some excellent cars. Rather be a pensioner in one of those than a middle-aged prat in a sports car or BMW M-series etc.

Perhaps take this to the 'Anything Goes' thread...
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 1:29 pm

Simple physics Navy, a rear spoiler puts downforce onto the REAR wheels thus raising the front wheels or taking weight off the front. Rear spoilers and FWD cars have long been a laughing stock.

It's not about knowing more than Honda engineers, it's that the spoiler is a complete waste of time, and at best is just a tasteless adornment for the sort of people who wear white trainers, grey tracksuit trousers and who have a staffie.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 2:21 pm

I know about the physics. So you have inside knowledge that Honda engineers are putting an utterly useless spoiler on a car? Or is that guesswork? We don't have the complete picture or enough specific knowledge.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 3:56 pm

Yes, Navy. It is utterly useless.
Downforce over the rear wheels is pointless on a front wheel drive car.


Most of the time, the speed on our roads is so slow that the downforce isn't sufficient to do anything anyway. It is literally a chav ornament.

Chris Harris reviews this car and mentions how stupid it is. Top Gear (the old one) has always laughed at rear spoilers on FWD cars. Are they just guessing?

If it gave them an advantage then why do FWD "hot models" from Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault, VW etc not have similar garish attachments? because they're pointless and ugly. They're usually added later by the sort of naughty naughty boy that buys such a car, because they think it makes it look like a performance car, it just makes it look sad and tragic.

Not even RWD cars like most BMW, JAG and Merc have such preposterous additions. You'd think if it was so important and there was a benefit, they would, but most clearly realise that it's just stupid.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by beninho on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 4:53 pm

super_realist wrote:True, but I prefer to get to where I want to go without people pointing and laughing at what you arrived in.

Mac will probably laugh at me for saying this, but can you imagine picking up a woman to go somewhere in a Civic Type R?

You that thin skinned and insecure? Surely people that point and laugh at what other people drive are the sort of people any should care what they think. Basically if you laugh and point at what someone else drives, your probably a cnt.

beninho

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 5:12 pm

Ben, Nothing to do with being insecure or thin skinned.
Would you go into work wearing a clown outfit? No, So why drive a clowns car?

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by beninho on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 5:19 pm

No idea what the hell your on about. Whats clowns got to do with it.

I just dont want you to worry about people laughing at you for what you drive. Thise kind of people are probably tw#ts. You said you don't want to be laughed at. Don't take things so personally. You can drive what you want to drive, your a grown man.

beninho

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 6:05 pm

super_realist wrote:Yes, Navy. It is utterly useless.
Downforce over the rear wheels is pointless on a front wheel drive car.


Most of the time, the speed on our roads is so slow that the downforce isn't sufficient to do anything anyway. It is literally a chav ornament.

Chris Harris reviews this car and mentions how stupid it is. Top Gear (the old one) has always laughed at rear spoilers on FWD cars. Are they just guessing?

If it gave them an advantage then why do FWD "hot models" from Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault, VW etc not have similar garish attachments? because they're pointless and ugly. They're usually added later by the sort of naughty naughty boy that buys such a car, because they think it makes it look like a performance car, it just makes it look sad and tragic.

Not even RWD cars like most BMW, JAG and Merc have such preposterous additions. You'd think if it was so important and there was a benefit, they would, but most clearly realise that it's just stupid.
Not necessarily, but they're arissholes (Clarkson et al that is) so I don't take anything they say seriously. I take your point though, it probably is crap.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by beninho on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 6:16 pm

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nrxp9le/

I know pretty much frick all about cars in general, but a quick Google search shows the above. Hope it helps.

beninho

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by JAS on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 7:35 pm

Hey whats with the Type-r love??
1. It’s British built
2. 0-60 in around 6 secs
3. Handling is fantastic
4. With the back seats down it’s like a bloody tardis inside.
I’m on my 4th Honda & 2nd Type R, have taken all of them round the clock & never really had any mechanical issues with them.
I do find it hilarious that my daughter says to me....why don’t you get a more “age appropriate” car dad? Nope, I like it, it suits me and I’m considering the new one this year although I may resist and go for an F Pace instead. I do have a granddaughter to consider now and the type R’s are not child seat friendly  
Finally they’re pretty much out of the average chavs price range.

Oh and before I forget, my current Type-R never proved to be any impediment in the picking up women stakes either.


Last edited by JAS on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a bit)

JAS

Posts : 3031
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 55
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 9:04 am

beninho wrote:No idea what the hell your on about.  Whats clowns got to do with it.

I just dont want you to worry about people laughing at you for what you drive. Thise kind of people are probably tw#ts. You said you don't want to be laughed at.  Don't take things so personally. You can drive what you want to drive, your a grown man.

It's really quite simple Ben. If you wouldn't wear clothes that made you look ridiculous, why would you drive a car which made you look ridiculous?

Have you never laughed at a car? You've never seen a 20 year old Corsa with a dustbin sized exhaust with boombox speakers and a day glo paint job and never cringed or had an opinion about it?

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 9:07 am

JAS wrote:Hey whats with the Type-r love??
1. It’s British built
2. 0-60 in around 6 secs
3. Handling is fantastic
4. With the back seats down it’s like a bloody tardis inside.
I’m on my 4th Honda & 2nd Type R, have taken all of them round the clock & never really had any mechanical issues with them.
I do find it hilarious that my daughter says to me....why don’t you get a more “age appropriate” car dad? Nope, I like it, it suits me and I’m considering the new one this year although I may resist and go for an F Pace instead. I do have a granddaughter to consider now and the type R’s are not child seat friendly  
Finally they’re pretty much out of the average chavs price range.

Oh and before I forget, my current Type-R never proved to be any impediment in the picking up women stakes either.

That might all be true, but the latest Type R is one of the most hideous cars ever made. Surely no one over 24 would buy one.

Finally, if the spoiler was really necessary, they'd have to have it on the other Civic's too, but they don't. Oversteer simply isn't an issue for standard road driving, so that argument is moot.

super_realist

Posts : 22140
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by JAS on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 10:14 am

I have to say I’m not a fan of the spoiler on any of the TypeR models. To me as an owner it’s biggest issue is how it restricts visibility not how it looks. I would make the assumption (and I may be wrong - who knows) that Honda design engineers would be a lot more focussed on drivability rather than superficial “conformist” looks.

As I eluded to on my previous post, I’m comfortable with mine and I enjoy it. Does that therefore mean that I’m an immature chav with the mindset of a 24 year old?? No, so I don’t really get how you’ve constructed your misconstrued opinion. You may be right and I might just be an exception. Who knows, who cares.

Also I don’t expect any automotive engineers coming on here anytime soon to pass on their expertise on oilfield geology. :-p

JAS

Posts : 3031
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 55
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by beninho on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 10:32 am

Why give a sh#t what people think of what car you drive? If I see someone driving a car that may look a bit stupid, why should he care what I think, I don't know anything about the person, so why would I be bothered anyway.

You should drive whatever car you want without worrying what people think. If you stop laughing at people for what they drive, maybe you will be more confident in yourself to not worry about what people think of what you drive or even wear. I didn't take you to be lacking in self confidence.

beninho

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 11:00 am

beninho wrote:Why give a sh#t what people think of what car you drive?  If I see someone driving a car that may look a bit stupid, why should he care what I think, I don't know anything about the person, so why would I be bothered anyway.

You should drive whatever car you want without worrying what people think. If you stop laughing at people for what they drive, maybe you will be more confident in yourself to not worry about what people think of what you drive or even wear. I didn't take you to be lacking in self confidence.
All excellent advice Ben. Unfortunately, too much of the World thinks the opposite of this...
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Faldono1fan on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 11:23 am

I was looking for 606v2 golf forum. Anyone know where I can find it?

Faldono1fan

Posts : 356
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by JAS on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm

To be fair, the last part of this discussion should have migrated to the Anything Goes thread many posts ago. However, you could construe it was still within topic given the thread title ;-p

JAS

Posts : 3031
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 55
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by navyblueshorts on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 2:27 pm

JAS wrote:To be fair, the last part of this discussion should have migrated to the Anything Goes thread many posts ago. However, you could construe it was still within topic given the thread title ;-p
drumroll
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Roller_Coaster on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 9:01 am

raycastleunited wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:I had a classic Honda.

Is that possible? Sounds like an oxymoron.

No, a 1985 Civic. I think the Oxymoron was just a US release Smile

Roller_Coaster

Posts : 2282
Join date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by raycastleunited on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:35 pm

Faldono1fan wrote:I was looking for 606v2 golf forum. Anyone know where I can find it?

Scroll to the bottom of the page, hover the mouse over the word "golf", click on it, then when the page loads you will see a range of topics relating to golf. Good luck thumbsup

raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by raycastleunited on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:37 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:I had a classic Honda.

Is that possible? Sounds like an oxymoron.

No, a 1985 Civic. I think the Oxymoron was just a US release Smile

Honda Oxymoron is a spectacularly bad name for a car, like the Vauxhall No Va. Typical Americans Whistle

raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by raycastleunited on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:53 pm

I make no judgement about the people who drive a Civic type R.

But is a really ugly car. There's something not right about a massive whale fin on the back unless it's a super car like a lambo.

raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: PGA Tour: The Honda Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum