The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing Transfers thread

+29
Crimey
dyrewolfe
alfie
Soul Requiem
dummy_half
Geordie
daraghj82
Fluxy
JDizzle
kingraf
Duty281
Luke
GSC
Atila
Lowlandbrit
No name Bertie
superflyweight
BamBam
westisbest
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
compelling and rich
gazzyD
Beer
LivinginItaly
lfc91
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Hero
33 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Ongoing Transfers thread - Page 18 Empty Ongoing Transfers thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 May 2018, 10:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Klopp, who doesn’t spend money, looking to spend 60m on Fekir to go with 50m Keita

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 20 Jul 2020, 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Ongoing Transfers thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Ongoing Transfers thread

Post by GSC Sun 08 Aug 2021, 8:43 pm

Messi could've signed a contract that paid him nothing and Barca still couldn't have registered him. As it is they still can't register aguero or depay.
GSC
GSC

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Aug 2021, 9:04 pm

Barcelona are 25% over the La Liga salary cap without Messi. Had Messi agreed to play for free, Spanish employment laws would’ve blocked it anyway.
Bartomeu spent €1bn on transfers in 6 years. Most of which failed miserably.
Coutinho €160m
Dembele €105m - will leave on free transfer next summer
Griezmann €120m - salary supposedly €750,000 per week
Ridiculous expenditure for very little reward

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 09 Aug 2021, 11:09 am

GSC wrote:Messi could've signed a contract that paid him nothing and Barca still couldn't have registered him. As it is they still can't register aguero or depay.

They have to raise 145m in sales just to be able to register those new players they've brought in on free transfers - it's an absolute shambles of a club
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 09 Aug 2021, 11:14 am

The main motivation for FFP remains that clubs like Barca are just poorly ran and require vastly more resources than the competition to compensate for that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Aug 2021, 12:02 pm

Lionel Messi joins Paris on 2+1 year deal. £625,000 per week after tax. Nasser Al-Khelaifi not playing...

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 10 Aug 2021, 10:08 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:Lionel Messi joins Paris on 2+1 year deal. £625,000 per week after tax. Nasser Al-Khelaifi not playing...
Fixed it for you.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 12 Aug 2021, 7:07 am

Jeff Navarro wrote:Lionel Messi joins Paris on 2+1 year deal. £625,000 per week after tax. Nasser Al-Khelaifi not playing...
I bet the £625,000 per week after tax made his tears of sorrow at leaving Barcelona dry up really fast.

Last edited by Atila on Thu 12 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 12 Aug 2021, 10:05 am

It's a very cynical view of the world that states a man cannot be sad that he has no option to continue at a club he has represented for ca 20 years while he is paid as the best player in the world at his next club.

Also more than a bit sad that now more athletes are speaking about the toll on their mental health, we're still on being paid a lot of money foregoes his right to have emotions.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 12 Aug 2021, 5:43 pm

If athletes are having mental health problems then maybe they should find another way of making a living. Sport is supposed to be entertainment, it's not an essential job like a doctor or firefighter.

Yes, and Messi loved Barcelona so much but I bet he was quite happy to demand more money every time his contract was up for renewal even though it pushed the club closer and closer to the edge. Sure, he's not the only footballer to do that, but spare me the tears.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 12 Aug 2021, 5:54 pm

So Messi is to blame for wanting to paid commensurate to his talent, while being directly responsible for a lot of the sporting and commercial success around the club, rather than the club who wasted vastly more than they paid Messi on players who have returned little?

As for the rest of it, i leave you to your depressing outlook on life.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 12 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm

I'm not depressed and have a fairly good outlook on life thanks.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Aug 2021, 11:59 am

Atila wrote:If athletes are having mental health problems then maybe they should find another way of making a living. Sport is supposed to be entertainment, it's not an essential job like a doctor or firefighter.

Yes, and Messi loved Barcelona so much but I bet he was quite happy to demand more money every time his contract was up for renewal even though it pushed the club closer and closer to the edge. Sure, he's not the only footballer to do that, but spare me the tears.

The absolute state of this
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

GSC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 13 Aug 2021, 12:10 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Atila wrote:If athletes are having mental health problems then maybe they should find another way of making a living. Sport is supposed to be entertainment, it's not an essential job like a doctor or firefighter.

The absolute state of this

The absolute state of defending Messi in all this, shows how far gone football is when supposed fans are happy with players getting paid obscene amounts.

Soul Requiem

Atila likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Aug 2021, 12:33 pm

I don't think that's a position anyone has actually stated so let's not waste time on the straw man.

I think what we're struggling with how Messi being sad he's forced to leave Barca and getting paid by PSG are in conflict.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 13 Aug 2021, 12:42 pm

He could have signed a new contract 18 months ago but he chose not to, he wasn't forced to leave at all. Barcelona due to his actions were forced to let him leave.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Aug 2021, 12:52 pm

I'm not sure 18 months ago has much real relevance to this given events that transpired in the intervening period and the financial impact that is driving events. He can't take less than a 50% pay cut under Spanish employment law as I understand it, and even then Barca have to shift a lot salary just to register anyone. They haven't managed to shift any of their expensive anchors, so there is no solution to registering Messi given the current situation at play.

Which again is really just a straw man argument when the question being posed is why is Messi being sad at leaving Barca in conflict with being paid by PSG, and was not answered
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 13 Aug 2021, 1:00 pm

18 months has every relevance to this, the issues that have arisen were because Messi was holding out on signing a new contract, this has been dragging on for a lot longer than the past few months. I have no issue with him signing for PSG but the waterworks were pathetic.

Soul Requiem

Atila likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 13 Aug 2021, 4:45 pm

Chelsea confirmed Lukaku for £97m last night.

Worst case, we know he is a guaranteed PL goal scorer. Even if he can be a bit of a flat track bully at times. And his arrival should benefit Werner certainly. The transfer history of 28+ year olds who have gone for this sort of money does worry me though. At least Kepa is no longer the record transfer though.

Some of the pundits on the BBC have now tipped Chelsea for the title. Can’t see it with Jorginho and Kovacic as the midfield, so lightweight. With Kante already injured after the Super Cup it leaves them bare.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 14 Aug 2021, 1:59 am

JDizzle wrote:Chelsea confirmed Lukaku for £97m last night.

Worst case, we know he is a guaranteed PL goal scorer. Even if he can be a bit of a flat track bully at times. And his arrival should benefit Werner certainly. The transfer history of 28+ year olds who have gone for this sort of money does worry me though. At least Kepa is no longer the record transfer though.

Some of the pundits on the BBC have now tipped Chelsea for the title. Can’t see it with Jorginho and Kovacic as the midfield, so lightweight. With Kante already injured after the Super Cup it leaves them bare.

watched lukaku many a time at old trafford both for and against, never did anything for either. flat track bully is definitely how i would describe him. highest transfer total in history screams of mercenary but somehow he escapes this title. he'll be better than he was for united (as his version of mark henry) but that wasnt particularly hard, we was a mess at the time in his defence. think he'll do well at first especially against the smaller teams but long term bad deal i reckon he'll either be back to being lazy self or agent will engineer a move (again)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 14 Aug 2021, 11:00 am

Not sure the mercenary tag works to be honest, went to Everton because he didn't have a path to playing at Chelsea, both United and Inter were happy to sell for varying reasons.

To be honest I'm not sure it's quite as simple as Chelsea needed a goalscorer and now they have one. Probably helps them be consistent in the league, but maybe not so much in the big games?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 14 Aug 2021, 8:27 pm

GSC wrote:Not sure the mercenary tag works to be honest, went to Everton because he didn't have a path to playing at Chelsea, both United and Inter were happy to sell for varying reasons.

To be honest I'm not sure it's quite as simple as Chelsea needed a goalscorer and now they have one. Probably helps them be consistent in the league, but maybe not so much in the big games?

Yes. I would not be surprised to see Havertz, Mount, Werner in the big games - which does make you think do you spend £100m on a striker who won’t play in them.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 15 Aug 2021, 12:56 pm

Tammy Abraham joining Roma for £34m. Hope he goes well as he never publicly moaned or kicked up a fuss about what seemed unfair treatment from the outside at Chelsea. But not sure Mourinho is the man the develop him… Still surprised Villa went for Ings over him tbh.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 20 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm

Last edited by Atila on Fri 20 Aug 2021, 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 20 Aug 2021, 6:33 pm

JDizzle wrote:Tammy Abraham joining Roma for £34m. Hope he goes well as he never publicly moaned or kicked up a fuss about what seemed unfair treatment from the outside at Chelsea. But not sure Mourinho is the man the develop him… Still surprised Villa went for Ings over him tbh.

Ings signing was completely out of the blue.
Would have loved to sign Abraham, but Ings is a quality player and great signing.
Can see him doing well for us.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2021, 5:11 pm

ESPN reporting that Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester City is very close. Gotta admit I never envisioned this move.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 26 Aug 2021, 5:20 pm

Seems a bit of a marriage of convenience than one either wanted I think
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2021, 9:57 pm

Reports breaking in Spain suggesting PSG have agreed to sell Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid. Fee seems to be somewhere between €170-180m.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Aug 2021, 1:49 pm

Looking like Manchester United are now looking at bringing Cristiano Ronaldo ’home’
Doesn’t really solve their midfield weakness but what’s wrong with another attacking player...

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 27 Aug 2021, 1:55 pm

If City was a marriage of convenience that one just seems a bit desperate
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Aug 2021, 2:00 pm

Seems like United panicking with CR7 will ensure City had their choice of Kane or Haaland in 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 27 Aug 2021, 2:02 pm

Not really sure it makes much sense with the options they already have, so it does kinda feel like it's as much to block City doing it
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 27 Aug 2021, 2:06 pm

They're probably interested for the same reason as City. Neither club needs him but his marketing value makes it a potentially profitable signing.

Soul Requiem

Atila likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Aug 2021, 2:13 pm

The attacking options for Manchester United will be a bit tasty
Cavani
Greenwood
Sancho
Rashford
Pogba
Fernándes
Lingard
Mata
Amad
Elanga
James
CR7

I guess they need to offload some of the lesser ones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Aug 2021, 5:04 pm

Manchester United confirm the deal for Cristiano Ronaldo. Mad world

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 27 Aug 2021, 5:11 pm

I wouldn't have gone for Ronaldo, due to his age, but it's not a shocker to see United resign him. There have been rumours of United and Ronaldo getting back together for years, so I don't think United resigned him to prevent City from getting him. I would have been very surprised to have seen him sign for City.

Shame that he left United in the first place. I always reckoned that him leaving cost United a couple of Premier League titles and at the very least, one more Champions League title.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:59 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:The attacking options for Manchester United will be a bit tasty
Cavani
Greenwood
Sancho
Rashford
Pogba
Fernándes
Lingard
Mata
Amad
Elanga
James
CR7

I guess they need to offload some of the lesser ones
James might leave soon. I've read a few times that Leeds United want to sign him. One person missing from your list is Anthony Martial. Good player on his day but those days don't seem to come often enough.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Aug 2021, 8:39 pm

Kurt Zouma joins West Ham on a permanent deal worth €30m
Diogo Dalot was supposed to join Dortmund on a loan with obligation to buy. United changed their mind and the Portuguese will now stay.
Bayern set to sign Marcel Sabitzer from RB Leipzig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Aug 2021, 7:19 pm

Romano says Leeds have agreed £25m + £5m add ons for Daniel James.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2021, 12:06 am

Real Madrid sign French sensation Eduardo Camavinga for €31m + add ons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2021, 9:20 pm

Griezmann returns to Atletico Madrid on load. The club has an obligation to buy for €40m. Essentially 1 year loan. Followed by 2+1 year permanent deal. Net £60m profit for Atleti.

PSG rejected €200m for mbappe from Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Oct 2021, 1:32 pm

Barcelona have tied down generational talent Pedri to a new 5+1 year contract. The Spaniard’s new buy out clause is a staggering €1bn.
The Catalans working on tying down Ansu Fati and Gavi as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Nov 2021, 9:11 pm

Barcelona has re-signed the ageless Dani Alves. 38 years young, the Brazilian returns to Camp Nou 5 years after they bizarrely let him leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Dec 2021, 8:27 pm

Barcelona to sign Ferran Torres from Manchester City for €55m + €10m in add ons.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 23 Dec 2021, 1:58 am

City accept IOUs?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Dec 2021, 8:42 pm

Bayern Munich to sign Raphinha from Leeds for €50m in January.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 01 Jan 2022, 11:32 am

compelling and rich wrote:
JDizzle wrote:Chelsea confirmed Lukaku for £97m last night.

watched lukaku many a time at old trafford both for and against, never did anything for either. flat track bully is definitely how i would describe him. highest transfer total in history screams of mercenary but somehow he escapes this title. he'll be better than he was for united (as his version of mark henry) but that wasnt particularly hard, we was a mess at the time in his defence. think he'll do well at first especially against the smaller teams but long term bad deal i reckon he'll either be back to being lazy self or agent will engineer a move (again)

👋 don’t say I didn’t warn you Chelsea fans

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 13 Jun 2022, 2:36 pm

MAN CITY

Have now completed the signing of Harland for £51 million, wonder how much they'll get when he leaves in 3 years. But at the moment it's hard to see beyond them for the title in those 3 years.

SPURS

Get Ivan Persic great signing, possibly a couple years to late, but still a wonderful player.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18