The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys V Ulster

2 posters

Go down

Ospreys V Ulster Empty Ospreys V Ulster

Post by ospreylian Thu 10 Feb - 15:40

Sunday at 5:10 pm kicks off at the liberty stadium.
The Ospreys will put out a greatly weakened team due to injuries but more so, international callups, Ulster on the other hand will have almost a full strength team due to losing only a handfull of their players to the 6 nations.
This is a great opportunity for the younger members of the O's squad to come into the side and really show us what they can do. The LV= is a fine comp but only for the really young ones , in this game our boys will be standing up against men, Irish and Saffers, can they hack it?

I think so but the enjoyment is watching.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Ospreys V Ulster Empty Re: Ospreys V Ulster

Post by Notch Thu 10 Feb - 16:23

ospreylian wrote:Sunday at 5:10 pm kicks off at the liberty stadium.
The Ospreys will put out a greatly weakened team due to injuries but more so, international callups, Ulster on the other hand will have almost a full strength team due to losing only a handfull of their players to the 6 nations.
This is a great opportunity for the younger members of the O's squad to come into the side and really show us what they can do. The LV= is a fine comp but only for the really young ones , in this game our boys will be standing up against men, Irish and Saffers, can they hack it?

I think so but the enjoyment is watching.

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to this game. The side Ulster out will be extremely mixed- on one hand, you have the likely Captain Johann Muller and Ruan Pienaar, big name, experienced players. Then we've pulled a few players like Luke Marshall and Craig Gilroy out of the U20s. So our team will be a real blend, but you can see we have a lot of seasoned campaigners in the squad so I'm hopeful we can get a win.

ULSTER SQUAD FORWARDS
Jerry Cronin, Declan Fitzpatrick, Paddy McAllister, Bryan Young, Alan Whitten, Nigel Brady, Andi Kyriacou, Ryan Caldwell, Neil McComb, Johann Muller, Tim Barker, Pedrie Wannenburg, TJ Anderson, Willie Faloon, Chris Henry, Robbie Diack.
ULSTER SQUAD BACKS
Ruan Pienaar, Paul Marshall, Ian Humphreys, Niall O'Connor, Ian Whitten, Nevin Spence, Johnny Shiels, Luke Marshall, Simon Danielli, Tommy Seymour, Craig Gilroy, Mark McCrea, David McIlwaine, Jamie Smith, Adam D'Arcy.

The ones for Ospreys fans to look out for are U20 internationals Craig Gilroy and Luke Marshall. Gilroy is just 19, but has scored five tries in his only three games at this level including this one against Cardiff;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4lIO6WZkUE

So certainly one to keep an eye on. Hope he continues his run of scoring- he got two for Ireland U20s at the weekend so hopefully he keeps it up!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down