The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PPV Calender

+3
User Name
Blade
AberdeenSteve
7 posters

Go down

PPV Calender Empty PPV Calender

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

There has always been a lot of complaint and discontent from the IWC about the number of PPV's a year that the WWE tend to host. This had lead to a number of gimmick PPV's being invented which in case for the majority are rather boring aren't needed.

The booking has become lazy and the short space of time in between the PPV's has left us feeling that there is never any real build up for a feud between superstars which affects the quality of the match.

So my question to you is what would your yearly PPV calender look like? You can have whatever number you like (even though I am presuming most will decrease the number) and you are free to get rid of or bring back PPV's that are no longer in existence.

Over to you..

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

PPV Calender Empty Re: PPV Calender

Post by Blade Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

i would have.

summerslam, royal rumble, wrestlemainia, and then hell in a cell.

about 4 or 5 is needed then the feud's can build up and there for the matches will be pretty good.

have the hell in the cell to finish off ant remaining feud's that are still going.

like you said there are too many ppv's at the moment and its spoiling the wwe, when i was a kid we used to look forward to the ppv's as they were very rare and you just new that they would do some think very special in all the matches.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

Royal Rumbe, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania, Backlash, SummerSlam, Suvivor Series.

1 every two months

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sat 11 Jun 2011, 5:50 pm

Royal Rumble (late Jan), Elimination Chamber (late Feb), WrestleMania (mid Apr), Backlash (mid May), Judgment Day (mid Jun), King of the Ring (mid Jul), Summerslam (late Aug), No Mercy (early Oct), Survivor Series (mid Nov), Armageddon (mid Dec)

Would be 10 PPV's giving the best balance in my opinion between revenue requirements and the need to build better storylines. Could be room for 11 in there but this gives a good buildup to RR, WM, Summerslam and Survivor Series as well as break around Christmas / New Year time.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:41 am

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Elimnation Chamber
Mar - Wrestle Maina
Apr - Backlash
May - Extreme Rules
June - King of the ring
Jully - Money in the bank
Aug - Summer Slam
Sep - Hell in the cell
Oct - No Mercy
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - TLC

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:41 am

the problem with PPVs is that by nature they are revenue generating events - it's their purpose hence Pay-Per-View. WWE won't want to sacrifice the revenue generated by PPV sales unless there was something else to suppliment the money made - so if there were less PPVs WWE would have to make their money in other ways - either raise the price of tickets or (and I would suspect this is where they will go eventually) have a WWE channel on American cable and UK satellite tv which is subscription that allows fans to watch the additional events 'free' because the cost is included in the subscription charge. WWE already want to create their own channel where they can air all their programmes wrestling and otherwise. Making it subscription or at least a 'full package' version of the channel makes sense from a business point of view.

If they were to hypothetically go down that route then I would cut the number of PPVs dramatically to give each PPV that 'big fight card' feel like Mania does.

Royal Rumble (January)
Wrestle Mania (March)
SummerSlam (July)
Survivor Series (September)
Capitol Punishment (I would move it to November and make it a gimmick PPV with hardcore matches as well as HIAC and maybe even EC matches)

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:02 pm

Split Brand PPVs.

1 every 2 months for RAW and SD plus the big ones which are joint. Like it used to be after the draft.

Although knowing the WWE these days they would have 20 PPV's using the split brand formula.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down