The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The revised 2020 sl fixture list

4 posters

Go down

The revised 2020 sl fixture list Empty The revised 2020 sl fixture list

Post by Luke Sat 18 Jul 2020, 6:01 pm

It has now been announced the revised version of the 2020 so fixture list (unfortunately there has still been no announcement of what is happening in the 2 lower divisions).
For the first 2 RDS all the fixtures will be played at headingley Leeds. The third rd all will be at the totally wicked stadium st Helens. After that the venue's haven't been confirmed yet.

SUN 2 AUG - HEADINGLEY
1 pm - Hull KR v Toronto.
4.15 pm - St Helens v Catalan.
6.30 pm - Huddersfield v Leeds.

SAT 8TH AUG - HEADINGLEY.
1pm - Toronto v Huddersfield.
4.15 pm - Castleford v Catalan.
6.30 pm - Warrington v Hull KR.

SUN 9TH AUG - HEADINGLEY
1 pm - Salford v Hull FC,
3.15 pm - Wakefield v Wigan.
6.30 pm - Leeds v St Helens.

SAT 15TH AUG - ST HELENS
1 pm - Huddersfield v Warrington.
4.15 pm - Salford v Catalan.
6.30 pm - Wigan v Leeds.

SUN 16TH AUG - ST HELENS.
1pm - St Helens v Wakefield.
3.15 pm - Toronto v Hull KR.
6.30 - Hull FC v Castleford.

SAT 29TH AUG - NO VENUE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.
1pm - Leeds v Salford.
4.15 pm - Castleford v Toronto.
6.30 pm - Warrington v Wakefield.

SUN 30TH AUG - NO VENUE ANNOUNCED
1pm - Huddersfield v Hull FC.
3.15 pm - Wigan v Catalan.
6.30 pm - Hull KR v St Helens.

FROM NOW ON NO VENUES OR TIMES HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED.

5/6 SEPTEMBER.
Catalan v Toronto, Huddersfield v St Helens, Hull KR v Wigan, Salford v Castleford, Wakefield v Leeds, Warrington v Hull FC.

MONDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER.
Catalan v Leeds.

10/11 SEPTEMBER.
Castleford v Warrington, Catalan v Wigan, Hull FC v Wakefield, Leeds v Huddersfield, St Helens v Hull KR, Toronto v Salford.

24/25 SEPTEMBER.
Castleford v Huddersfield, Hull FC v Salford, Hull KR v Leeds, St Helens v Toronto, Warrington v Catalan, Wigan v Wakefield.

WED 30TH SEPTEMBER.
Castleford v Hull FC, Huddersfield v Hull KR, Leeds v Catalan, Salford v Warrington, Wakefield v Toronto, Wigan v St Helens.

3/4 OCTOBER
Wakefield v Huddersfield.

8/9 OCTOBER
Catalan v Hull KR, Huddersfield v Salford, Leeds v Castleford, Toronto v Hull FC, Wakefield v St Helens, Warrington v Leeds.

WED 14TH OCTOBER.
Catalan v Wakefield, Hull FC v Huddersfield, Hull KR v Salford, St Helens v Castleford, Toronto v Wigan.
Warrington v Leeds.

22/23 OCTOBER
Castleford v Hull KR, Catalan v Hull FC, Huddersfield v Wakefield, St Helens v Leeds, Toronto v Warrington, Wigan v Salford.

26/27TH OCTOBER.
Catalan v Warrington, Huddersfield v Toronto, Hull FC v Leeds, Salford v St Helens, Wakefield v Hull KR, Wigan v Castleford.

29/30TH OCTOBER.
Huddersfield v Castleford, Hull KR v Hull FC, Leeds v Wakefield, St Helens v Wigan, Toronto v Catalan, Warrington v Salford.

5/6 NOVEMBER
Castleford v Leeds, Catalan v St Helens, Hull FC v Toronto, Hull KR v Warrington, Wakefield v Salford, Wigan v Huddersfield.

8/9 NOVEMBER
Castleford v Salford, Hull KR v Catalan, Leeds v Wigan, St Helens v Hull FC, Toronto v Wakefield, Warrington v Huddersfield

TO BE ARRAGENED

Wakefield v Catalan.
Luke
Luke

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

The revised 2020 sl fixture list Empty Re: The revised 2020 sl fixture list

Post by Luke Mon 20 Jul 2020, 5:26 pm

That didn't last long. As Toronto have pulled out for the rest of this season, coming back next year possibly.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 20 Jul 2020, 8:44 pm

Awful news about Toronto. Could be the death of the club; at the very least they're highly unlikely to be allowed back to Super League next year.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 20 Jul 2020, 9:54 pm

Assuming they stay afloat, which has to be in question given they have zero income and cannot furlough players, I think they will be back next year. At least I don't think they will be forced out if nothing else to save the embarrassment.

I do question if this will affect future decisions on expanding the game i.e. Ottawa, New York.

I am not being critical no-one could have foreseen this set of circumstances.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 21 Jul 2020, 6:03 am

Sorry Duty, whilst not disagreeing that it's bad news. It was also expected, as Toronto's business model was never going to last. Paying vastly over the odds, whilst not paying creditors etc. Hopefully they will come back stronger, but given the stock the SL/RFL board have put them in, and that's there's no promotion/relegation think they will be in SL. Which will rise the anger people have against the club Futher.

Tend to agree Beast, if we are going to go down that route. There are places nearer (Valencia, Belgrade), that we should probably look towards more.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 18 Aug 2020, 7:09 pm

Luke wrote:That didn't last long. As Toronto have pulled out for the rest of this season, coming back next year possibly.
The thought was there.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 18 Aug 2020, 7:11 pm

The Beast wrote:Assuming they stay afloat, which has to be in question given they have zero income and cannot furlough players, I think they will be back next year.  At least I don't think they will be forced out if nothing else to save the embarrassment.  

I do question if this will affect future decisions on expanding the game i.e. Ottawa, New York.

I am not being critical no-one could have foreseen this set of circumstances.
I hope I'm proven wrong, but i can't see TWP playing in Super League next season, or any league.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down