The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Alan Minter

4 posters

Go down

RIP Alan Minter Empty RIP Alan Minter

Post by hogey Thu 10 Sep 2020, 2:41 pm

Sad to hear of the passing of a British boxing legend of my youth and former Undisputed Middleweight Champion of the World.

hogey

Back to top Go down

RIP Alan Minter Empty Re: RIP Alan Minter

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 10 Sep 2020, 5:02 pm

Sad news indeed. 69 is no age.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 10 Sep 2020, 11:23 pm

hogey wrote:Sad to hear of the passing of a British boxing legend of my youth and former Undisputed Middleweight Champion of the World.

Echo that strongly. Alan Minter was a leading figure in British and World boxing through most of the '70s into the early '80s. My earliest memories of the Crawley southpaw are from the Munich Olympic games of '72. He won bronze but had a strong case in his claims that he was unfairly denied a place in the final to fight for the gold.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 12 Sep 2020, 8:20 am

Beautifully managed....Soon as Hagler got ripped off against probably the Worst undisputed Middleweight champion in history Minter's team jumped in *.... Even got a defence off against face first Vito too..

* British judge had Minter on 149 points despite him being decked in the 14th....and they moan about bent judges today.

Then had no choice but to fight Hagler and lost but in fairness stayed competitive for most of it....One of the few fighters I ever saw back Hagler up in the 2nd...

Shame the cuts stopped the fight.. though I imagine he'd have been stopped in the middle rounds...

Should have got a rematch with Hagler when he dropped a deserved decision to Hamsho in an eliminator.

Beautifully managed or not I see Minter in a Hagler-less world reigning from at least  79-82...Beats Lee..Obelmijas and Scypion types..

Stupid mistake with the racist comment but we all make mistakes..

Handsome...A southpaw...Decent technician and tall at the weight.

Undisputed Champion and not many Brits have that status.

Much to admire..Much to be proud of..

Sleep well..Sad news.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down