The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T20 VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE /SEMI FINAL/NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FINAL

+4
JDizzle
guildfordbat
Duty281
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Go down

T20 VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE /SEMI FINAL/NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FINAL Empty T20 VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE /SEMI FINAL/NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FINAL

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 02 Oct 2020, 5:48 pm

For the last time this year  Sad
SURREY HAVE NAMED AN UNCHANGED 17-MAN SQUAD FOR SATURDAY’S VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY AT EDGBASTON.
The same 17 in the matchday group that hammered Kent Spitfires in Thursday’s quarter-final will travel up to Birmingham for the final day of the 2020 season.
While not fit enough to be selected in the playing squad, T20 captain Jade Dernbach will also join the group at Finals Day.
(win it for Jade)  Very Happy
Surrey will face Gloucestershire in the first semi-final. The match is scheduled to start at 11am and will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket.
FULL SQUAD:
Gareth Batty (C)
Hashim Amla
Gus Atkinson
Scott Borthwick
Rory Burns
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Matt Dunn
Laurie Evans
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Daniel Moriarty
Jamie Overton
Liam Plunkett
Jason Roy
Jamie Smith
Reece Topley
Baring any injuries you would assume we would go with the eleven that beat Kent.
But with rain forecast for the weekend will spin not be the key?
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat and thegooch7 like this post

Back to top Go down

T20 VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE /SEMI FINAL/NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FINAL Empty Re: T20 VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE /SEMI FINAL/NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FINAL

Post by Duty281 Fri 02 Oct 2020, 6:30 pm

Seems like virtually no chance of the T20 Blast reaching a proper conclusion. Even the reserve day looks drenched.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcqdkv2r4#?date=2020-10-03

Heard that if it's completely rained off, the semi-finals will be decided by a coin toss and the trophy will be shared between the two winners of said coin toss.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

T20 VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE /SEMI FINAL/NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FINAL Empty Re: T20 VITALITY BLAST FINALS DAY SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE /SEMI FINAL/NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FINAL

Post by guildfordbat Fri 02 Oct 2020, 6:58 pm

Thanks for all the match threads this year, JimBob. Yet again you've played a great innings - see what I did there! Wink

I'm pleased the squad is unchanged from yesterday. Whatever happens, all 17 deserve to be at Finals Day. Plus Jade doing his John Terry impersonation! Very Happy

If we do get any cricket, I think you're bang on the money in suggesting that spin may not be the key. Games can be reduced to 5 overs per side. In that instance, we might rely more on seam. It would be harsh to leave out Moriarty after his success so far but I wouldn't rule it out.

That said, we have zippo chance of seeing any play according to Duty's forecasts. I had thought Sunday was meant to be a bit better but it doesn't look like that now.

Unlike Duty, my understanding is that the winner will be decided by an indoor bowl off if necessary. As usual, don't put money on what I say though!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 03 Oct 2020, 1:58 am

I think you could be right, Guildford. The Guardian spoke about the possibility of a coin toss and a shared trophy, but Wisden/Sky only talked about the likely bowl-out.

Couldn't they just postpone it until April and play it then? Whistle

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 03 Oct 2020, 6:53 pm

First day abandoned. Weather looks a bit better tomorrow, but still unlikely to get play in with how soaked the outfield is.

However...the ECB have added a second reserve day on Wednesday. That day is perfectly dry. Well done, again, to the ECB.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 2:53 pm

3.15 start
11 overs a side Yikes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 3:05 pm

Surrey win toss and bowl
Clark in for Amla

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 04 Oct 2020, 3:06 pm

Surrey win toss and bowl.

Surrey leave out Amla and bring in Jordan Clark. Bold move, obviously been listening to JDizzle and JimBob.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm

In Stereo Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 4:29 pm

74 to win Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Oct 2020, 4:31 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Surrey win toss and bowl.

Surrey leave out Amla and bring in Jordan Clark. Bold move, obviously been listening to JDizzle and JimBob.

Miles Hammond channeled his spirit anyway...

JDizzle

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 4:48 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS INTO THE FINAL Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sun 04 Oct 2020, 4:55 pm

So wa this more or less ridiculous than the 100? boxing

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Sun 04 Oct 2020, 4:55 pm

Another great performance.....one more please lads!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 5:45 pm

Gooseberry wrote:So wa this more or less ridiculous than the 100? boxing
oh yeah

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 04 Oct 2020, 6:04 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:74 to win Fingers Crossed

Very hard to judge a par score but that always seemed too light.

Good bowling from Surrey, especially Topley, Plunkett and Jacks.

16 overs per side scheduled for the final. I would guess a slightly longer game will suit Amla better and so we'll recall him. Clark most likely to make way although it could even be Moriarty.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Oct 2020, 6:54 pm

Livingstone with the short boundary seemed an odd choice. Throwback to his 19th over in the QF last year when he went for 22 when Essex needed 23 to win...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:16 pm

Notts in the final

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:17 pm

Impressive Notts win. Different gravy from Lancs.

We're going to have to be at our best ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:18 pm

Surrey lose toss and bat
Amla in for Clark

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:29 pm

That was the funniest mix-up I've ever seen.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:35 pm

Amla wake up!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:37 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Amla wake up!

Or get out!

He does the latter.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 04 Oct 2020, 7:38 pm

Duty281 wrote:That was the funniest mix-up I've ever seen.

I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 04 Oct 2020, 8:03 pm

80/2 off 10. Roy and Evans making up for the poor start.

JOve next in would be my call.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 Oct 2020, 8:35 pm

Notts favourites here for me at the halfway stage
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 8:46 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 Oct 2020, 9:22 pm

Batty should not be the 6th bowler here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Oct 2020, 9:48 pm

And to think Notts wouldn’t be there if Leics hadn’t totally lost their bottle in the field in the last 10 or so balls of the QF. Been comfortably the best team today though. Excellent knock from Duckett when they were slightly under the pump.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Sun 04 Oct 2020, 10:18 pm

Gave ourselves a chance after an under par score, but gave up after the Plunkett antics, why would you bowl Overton??? But a great run, and runners up is a brilliant achievement considering. Congrats to Notts

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 04 Oct 2020, 10:37 pm

Gutted Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 05 Oct 2020, 8:55 am

Very Happy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 05 Oct 2020, 2:39 pm

GSC wrote:Very Happy
raspberry

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down