The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Scottish Rugby end of year awards

+5
Highland Shaun
jimbopip
mikey_dragon
BigGee
RDW
9 posters

Go down

2020 Scottish Rugby end of year awards Empty 2020 Scottish Rugby end of year awards

Post by RDW Tue 29 Dec 2020, 7:41 am

In a year like no other....

Scotland

Player of the year -
Young player of the year
'Must do better' award -
Game of the year -
Worst defeat of the year -

Edinburgh

Player of the year -
Young player of the year
'Must do better' award -
Game of the year -

Glasgow

Player of the year -
Young player of the year -
'Must do better' award -
Game of the year -

606V2 Scottish posters

Honourable mention -
New poster of the year -
Miscellaneous award to say what you want -

Last edited by RDW on Tue 29 Dec 2020, 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

2020 Scottish Rugby end of year awards Empty Re: 2020 Scottish Rugby end of year awards

Post by RDW Tue 29 Dec 2020, 7:56 am

My picks:

Scotland

Player of the year - Zander Fagerson. He has finally come of age and I'm sure will be our No1 No3 for years to come.
Young player of the year - Scott Cummings. He has also come of age, and is a top class international lock now. His carrying in particularly is superb.
'Must do better' award - Hoggy. I know the style of play at International level this year hasn't made room for much attack, but his influence on games has definitely reduce this year. He's also made a few high profile mistakes.
Game of the year - France in the 6N. And I missed it!
Worst defeat of the year - Ireland in the 6N. We really should have won that.

Edinburgh

Player of the year - Duhan VDM. An absolute freak of nature.
Young player of the year - Jack Blaim. Was given his oppotunity in the Autumn Test and took it well
'Must do better' award - Duncan Hodge. We've been saying for years that our attack and basic skills are dreadful, and that is all under his watch.
Game of the year - I'm not going to nominate a single game but the run in at the end of last season where we topped the conference. We weren't playing overly amazingly but were winning!
Worst defeat of the year - the Ulster semi final. We went into that with high hopes and it was a major let down to lose as we did.

Glasgow

I'll leave this for the Weegies!

606V2 Scottish posters

Honourable mention - Biggee. The man has come out of retirement as a nurse.at the most chaotic time for his profession, has been doing his house up from a shell to a home, and not only that manages to talk sense on here. He has also been a huge help for me in the moderating team. Top, top man. Hug

New poster of the year / returned poster - Highland Shaun. I love his enthusiasm and interest in getting to know the game better. Hopefully we've been friendly! Honerable mention to Mcsweens for some great contributions.

Miscellaneous award to say what you want - In what has been a horrible year, I genuinely hope this place has been a good source of distraction from the horrible realities of life. It certainly has been for me!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Mcsweens likes this post

Back to top Go down

2020 Scottish Rugby end of year awards Empty Re: 2020 Scottish Rugby end of year awards

Post by BigGee Tue 29 Dec 2020, 9:54 am

Scotland

Player of the Year

Adam Hastings - for dealing with the pressure of stepping into Finn's shoes in difficult circumstances and coming of age in the France game, showing us that we have another international quality FH. These players have been rare in Scotland's professional rugby lifetime.

Young Player of the Year

Hard to see past Cummings really, it would be nice to see a few more step up next season.

Must do better award

Quite a few candidates for this one unfortunately, but I am going to go for Kinghorn, who is not living up to the hype unfortunately and has been fortunate to be picked in the past few games in my opinion.

Game of the season

Wales away in the delayed 6N finale. Far from a classic, but we finally showed that we can win a pressure game away from home and laid the Welsh bogy to bed. Important for the growth of this team.

Worst defeat of the year

Ireland in the AIs this year, when we really did not turn up.

Glasgow

Player of the season

Fraser Brown - really lead from the front, even when things not going so well

Young Player of the year

Jamie Dobie, who has shown in his cameos, including a start at 18 and a MoM, that he is a Scotland SH of the future.

Must do better award

Quite a few come into this category, so hard to single anyone out but if pushed would go for George Turner, who won't move on to the next level until he starts cutting out the silly mistakes that are costing us matches.

Game of the year

The home draw with Exeter, showing what we could do when the real Glasgow turned up, something we saw only rarely last year. What Exeter achieved last year made the significance of that result apparent.

Worst Defeat

There were a few of these as well, but will go for the home defeat by La Rochelle, in a match which should have qualified us for the euro knock outs. Gutting after we had done the hard work away from home.

606 Posters

After the somewhat embarrassing comments towards me by the boss, I am not going to single anyone out.

I would say however that it is good to see some new blood and that as ever. this place has been a very pleasant sanctuary in what has been a very strange and at times difficult year. I am probably not on here as much as I have been in the past, due to the lack of rugby and other commitments, but I have not stopped enjoying the chat and the banter about rugby and life in general.

Long may it continue and hopefully we will return to some sort of normality next year.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 29 Dec 2020, 11:45 am

New poster of the year / returned poster - for me it’s Biltong (now Old Man). Sound as a pound, honest, passionate and just a nice bloke. He’s now returned to the fold and been snapped up by Scotland on residency, joining a host of jock South Africans that have settled for bad weather and worse food Hug.

Miscellaneous award to say what you want - RDW - Scotch Egg Award for Grand Achievements - he has continued to show great leadership and work ethic in the running of V2 whilst having to relocate and settle overseas. All this achieved during a ‘pandemic’ and the attempted ruining of the forum by a menopausal feline. Well done RDW! This scotch egg is for you.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 29 Dec 2020, 2:36 pm

Scotland

Player of the Year

Mbawza. I always say that any flanker who upsets the opposition is doing a good job. He was obviously doing a great job against the French! He gets stuck in and punches above his weight every time.

Young Player of the Year

Scott Cummings. Future Scotland captain.

Must do better award

Kinghorn, Blade Thompson, Kinghorn,all of the props who have been put in the shade by Sutherland and Ragnar, Kinghorn,Ickle Jonny+Mr Glass should be a superb nasty pairing, but the truth is GG was never in the Lions conversation and JG won't provoke too much of an outcry if he doesn't get picked., Oh and did I mention Kinghorn?

Game of the season

Beating France, who are a much, much better team than Wales at the moment.

Worst defeat of the year

All of them.

Glasgow

Player of the season

Aldi Price? Young Dobbie? Hornito? Future Scotland Captain? Batman? Mullett? No, for me it's a shared award to the most capped forward and the most capped back. Big Bad and Furra Linee.

Young Player of the year

Jamie Dobie if the House Elf fulfils his potential he will be Glasgow's Patrick Mahomes, Gareth edwards and Bod all rolled into one.

Must do better award

The whole squad who have collectively gone off the boil. Still Saturday should put that right.

Game of the year

Every one we won.

Worst Defeat

The humiliation at Sandy Park will take some getting over.
Luvvies
No awards; this is a rugby forum. They all got disqualified for driving from the changing rooms to the training pitches. picard

606 Posters

Saint Gee Of The Bedpan. The Laddie With The Lump. Two friends of ours who are both nurses were laid low with covid; we took round some of Mrs Pip's home cooking for them and put it on the doorstep then had a brief conversation from the end of the drive. As he was saying thank you Mrs Pip shut him up with "No! You two are our heroes." Like everyone else in the NHS Gee is my hero. Honourable mention to Take The Long Road too.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Wed 30 Dec 2020, 1:44 am

RDW wrote:My picks:

Scotland

Player of the year - Zander Fagerson. He has finally come of age and I'm sure will be our No1 No3 for years to come.
Young player of the year - Scott Cummings. He has also come of age, and is a top class international lock now. His carrying in particularly is superb.
'Must do better' award - Hoggy. I know the style of play at International level this year hasn't made room for much attack, but his influence on games has definitely reduce this year. He's also made a few high profile mistakes.
Game of the year - France in the 6N. And I missed it!
Worst defeat of the year - Ireland in the 6N. We really should have won that.

Edinburgh

Player of the year - Duhan VDM. An absolute freak of nature.
Young player of the year - Jack Blaim. Was given his oppotunity in the Autumn Test and took it well
'Must do better' award - Duncan Hodge. We've been saying for years that our attack and basic skills are dreadful, and that is all under his watch.
Game of the year - I'm not going to nominate a single game but the run in at the end of last season where we topped the conference. We weren't playing overly amazingly but were winning!
Worst defeat of the year - the Ulster semi final. We went into that with high hopes and it was a major let down to lose as we did.

Glasgow

I'll leave this for the Weegies!

606V2 Scottish posters

Honourable mention - Biggee. The man has come out of retirement as a nurse.at the most chaotic time for his profession, has been doing his house up from a shell to a home, and not only that manages to talk sense on here. He has also been a huge help for me in the moderating team. Top, top man. Hug

New poster of the year / returned poster - Highland Shaun. I love his enthusiasm and interest in getting to know the game better. Hopefully we've been friendly! Honerable mention to Mcsweens for some great contributions.

Miscellaneous award to say what you want - In what has been a horrible year, I genuinely hope this place has been a good source of distraction from the horrible realities of life. It certainly has been for me!

Yeah, everyone seems to have taken to me and seem very patient with me regarding getting to know about the game etc.

I think my 6N preview thread may have won me a few new pals Very Happy.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Wed 30 Dec 2020, 5:02 am

mikey_dragon wrote:New poster of the year / returned poster - for me it’s Biltong (now Old Man). Sound as a pound, honest, passionate and just a nice bloke. He’s now returned to the fold and been snapped up by Scotland on residency, joining a host of jock South Africans that have settled for bad weather and worse food Hug.

kiss

Old Man

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 05 Jan 2021, 12:18 am

Scotland

Player of the year - Tough one, but I'm going to pick Rory Sutherland after a stellar 6 Nations. Zander close second. Our front row is as good as it's ever been.

Young player of the year - Scott Cummings. Already 10 times the player Kellock ever was, and finally a Weegie that might, one day, be World Class.

'Must do better' award - Stuart McInally. Should be a Lion. Might not be.

Game of the year - France.
Worst defeat of the year - England, because I froze my nuts off in a storm watching it.

Edinburgh

Player of the year - Ben Toolis. A rock in the pack, and underrated.

Young player of the year - Jack Blain.

'Must do better' award - D'Arcy Graham. A wonderful attacking player, but needs to learn defensive positioning if he's to take the next step. Honourable mention to Jamie Ritchie, a player with the world at his feet who needs to learn better decision making skills at the breakdown. Playing on the edge is fine, but constantly leaking penalties isn't cool.

Game of the year - all the wins against Glasgow

Worst defeat of the year - Ulster. I still can't talk about it.

Glasgow

Player of the year - Huw Jones. He's too good for Glasgow.

Young player of the year - Scott Cummings. A proper player.

'Must do better' award - the Glasgow front row, schooled once again by the mighty Edinburgh. Hopeless.

Game of the year - getting a losing bonus point against Edinburgh.

Worst defeat of the year - so many to choose from...

606V2 Scottish posters

Honourable mention - RDW, for keeping the lights on..
New poster of the year - No idea.
Miscellaneous award to say what you want - A big shout to the old school crowd. You know who you are.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 05 Jan 2021, 12:29 pm

Comback kid award - FES (for coming back time and time again)

tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 05 Jan 2021, 7:21 pm

Like a bad penny Tiger...

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Wed 06 Jan 2021, 6:34 am

Scotland

Player of the year - Mark Dodson
Young player of the year - the ones in rUK
'Must do better' award - the remuneration committee
Game of the year - Mark Dodsons salary
Worst defeat of the year - Mark Dodson for referring his pay rise

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down