The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

+42
chris_501
Phil
Welly
jimbopip
Maine man
Brendan
Highland Shaun
Rugby Fan
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Welshmushroom
doctor_grey
Poorfour
profitius
Hazel Sapling
Collapse2005
Margin_Walker
Kingshu
Sgt_Pooly
Heaf
BigTrevsbigmac
Fluxy
propdavid_london
thebandwagonsociety
Pete330v2
LordDowlais
lostinwales
Geordie
nathan
WELL-PAST-IT
Oakdene
PhilBB
geoff999rugby
RDW
BigGee
LeinsterFan4life
king_carlos
No 7&1/2
BamBam
RiscaGame
formerly known as Sam
mikey_dragon
Filo8
46 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 Empty SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Filo8 Mon 22 Feb 2021, 12:07 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
y ddraig goch wrote:Jac Morgan is leaving the Scarlets for the Ospreys to go and learn his trade off Tipuric. Big loss for the Scarlets but makes sense with Dan Davies, Josh Macelod, and James Davies still on the books. Jac looks like a future Welsh international so it might be a good move for Wales in the long run with the Ospreys finally starting to live up to their potential with a return to the top level of Europe given the players on their books.

Davis and Davies aren’t that good, McCleod is very good but has awful luck with injuries lately. Scarlets’ supporters can’t see why Jac is being let go. Boyde was another good 7 that they let go.

Ospreys are a long way off their potential if last night is anything to go by.
He isn't 'being let go', he's apparently an Ospreys fan and wants to leave despite the offer on the table.
Considering the conditions, the young players in key positions, and the momentum killing refereeing performance (for both sides), Ospreys came out of it with a victory which is what they needed to help secure champions cup rugby next season.
I think it would be better to judge them as of next season when, if all the murmurs are to be believed, we will have a higher proportion of games played with full strength sides.

Filo8

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 22 Feb 2021, 11:38 am

Filo8 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
y ddraig goch wrote:Jac Morgan is leaving the Scarlets for the Ospreys to go and learn his trade off Tipuric. Big loss for the Scarlets but makes sense with Dan Davies, Josh Macelod, and James Davies still on the books. Jac looks like a future Welsh international so it might be a good move for Wales in the long run with the Ospreys finally starting to live up to their potential with a return to the top level of Europe given the players on their books.

Davis and Davies aren’t that good, McCleod is very good but has awful luck with injuries lately. Scarlets’ supporters can’t see why Jac is being let go. Boyde was another good 7 that they let go.

Ospreys are a long way off their potential if last night is anything to go by.
He isn't 'being let go', he's apparently an Ospreys fan and wants to leave despite the offer on the table.
Considering the conditions, the young players in key positions, and the momentum killing refereeing performance (for both sides), Ospreys came out of it with a victory which is what they needed to help secure champions cup rugby next season.
I think it would be better to judge them as of next season when, if all the murmurs are to be believed, we will have a higher proportion of games played with full strength sides.

Seems like supposition on your part. I've heard rumours about it being a done deal but I believe more could have been done to get him to stay put, I just wasn't sure how else to describe it.

Ospreys were just poor. Gareth Thomas, Lloyd Ashley, the fly-half were all very poor. Will Griffiths made a difference when he came on. A win is a win obviously, but we're allowed to say that Ospreys are a long way off their potential when it's blatantly obvious and has been for some time.

We keep hearing this term "judge them next season.." and "building for the future..." etc. Truth is they've underachieved for a few years. I'll happily judge them next season and this season, we're entitled to do so Very Happy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 25 Feb 2021, 12:24 pm

Wasps have signed journeyman Gareth Thomas from Ospreys on a loan deal. Is this guy ever going to get a proper contract and actually play some rugby?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 25 Feb 2021, 12:27 pm

Nicky Thomas isn't it?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 25 Feb 2021, 12:40 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Nicky Thomas isn't it?

Yeah that's him, always get the names mixed up.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 25 Feb 2021, 1:13 pm

I did laugh at Nicky Thomas' tweet, to say he was looking forward to the opportunity. The guy has had a ridiculous amount of opportunities.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 25 Feb 2021, 1:20 pm

Presumably he's a tighthead and he's covering Brookes suspension which is for three weeks.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 25 Feb 2021, 1:22 pm

Yeah he is. Not too bad a scrummager, but awful conditioning.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 25 Feb 2021, 2:19 pm

Nicky Smith and Nicky Thomas (can't remember who was hooker) were very dominant scrummagers for Wales U20, post Evans and Lee, but before Carre and Lake - in what was probably our golden age of front-row forwards production.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 02 Mar 2021, 11:26 pm

Top 14 TV deal increasing from €97m to €114m a year. Different gravy

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 03 Mar 2021, 9:11 am

Scott Baldwin moving from Quins to Wuss. Perhaps for more money? He's been very good for Quins. 'Cardiff Rugby' missed a trick there, their hookers are awful.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 03 Mar 2021, 11:44 am

Wuss seem set for a shake up in playing squad. Hougaard, Weir, Schonert and David all rumoured out (Weir confirmed) with Heinz, vDM and Baldwin all incoming.

Not sure Quins will miss Baldwin too much, I think he's missed a lot of games with injury.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 06 Mar 2021, 8:20 am

Hayden hyde has moved back to Harlequins. Not sure if that also means hes decided to try for england over Ireland.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Mar 2021, 2:57 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Wuss seem set for a shake up in playing squad. Hougaard, Weir, Schonert and David all rumoured out (Weir confirmed) with Heinz, vDM and Baldwin all incoming.

Not sure Quins will miss Baldwin too much, I think he's missed a lot of games with injury.

I wouldn’t know how many games he’s missed but he’s been good from what I’ve seen. It probably doesn’t count for much but I remember him being in the team of a week a few times this season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 06 Mar 2021, 4:07 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Wuss seem set for a shake up in playing squad. Hougaard, Weir, Schonert and David all rumoured out (Weir confirmed) with Heinz, vDM and Baldwin all incoming.

I wouldn’t know how many games he’s missed but he’s been good from what I’ve seen. It probably doesn’t count for much but I remember him being in the team of a week a few times this season.

I've only seen Quins two or three times this season and haven't really noticed him though lineout and scrum seemed solid which is always a good sign if you're a hooker. His injuries were mainly last term when Quins seemed to be scraping round for a hooker on a few occasions. I presume they took the view not to renew based on last season and now he's in settled and playing they might have a different view.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Mar 2021, 7:31 pm

Ospreys confirm signing of Jac Morgan. That’s a loss for Scarlets.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 07 Mar 2021, 2:02 pm

Nick David rumoured to Quins from Worcester. That would be a good signing for Quins and a blow for Worcs.

Worcester are struggling this season and rumoured (in some cases confirmed) to be losing some important players - Hougaard, Weir, Schonert, Cornell du Preez, now David.

Baldwin, Heinz and Duhan are good signings but they need a few more of them to stay competitive.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 07 Mar 2021, 6:20 pm

Where is Cornell du Preez off to? He'd be quite handy to have around for most of the year, as he seems to be down the pecking order in the Scotland team.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 07 Mar 2021, 7:01 pm

Rumoured to France. Toulon apparently front runners.

Cornell is quality when fully fit. His early breakthrough appearances with Edinburgh were fantastic, then he got injured and picked for Scotland below match fitness which damaged a lot of fans views of him I think. Then of course the horrible injury at Worcester. He's been back at a really strong level since returning from that surgery though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 07 Mar 2021, 9:05 pm

king_carlos wrote:Rumoured to France. Toulon apparently front runners.

Cornell is quality when fully fit. His early breakthrough appearances with Edinburgh were fantastic, then he got injured and picked for Scotland below match fitness which damaged a lot of fans views of him I think. Then of course the horrible injury at Worcester. He's been back at a really strong level since returning from that surgery though.
Another poor signing for Toulon if true. Their recruitment policy is baffling at the minute along with letting the likes of Tuisova and Radradra go in recent seasons. They seem happy to be a mid table team now.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 07 Mar 2021, 9:47 pm

Toulon have still got quite a tasty team. Don’t expect to see that back to back winning teamsheet again though, that was something else.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 08 Mar 2021, 1:56 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Another poor signing for Toulon if true. Their recruitment policy is baffling at the minute along with letting the likes of Tuisova and Radradra go in recent seasons. They seem happy to be a mid table team now.
He'd be fifth choice back row at best behind Ollivon, Lakafia, Isa and Ory. Even that incredible title winning side needed squad players. I doubt many remember Virgile Bruni or Jocelino Suta that much when thinking about those Toulon sides but they were part of winning Heineken Cup final 23s.

Toulons issue with recruitment is likely the reputation Boudjellal and the Top 14 have for treating players pretty poorly though. Especially when others can offer similar sums now.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 08 Mar 2021, 8:56 am

Considering the JIFF regulations you'd have thought that the only imports were the high end acquisitions and they'd use French journeymen or the academy to fill the ranks if required.

Tigers sign Maryl Marfo from Edinburgh on a short term deal. Presumably that means until the end of the season. Hopefully this doesn't mean we have an injury.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 08 Mar 2021, 9:26 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Considering the JIFF regulations you'd have thought that the only imports were the high end acquisitions and they'd use French journeymen or the academy to fill the ranks if required.

Tigers sign Maryl Marfo from Edinburgh on a short term deal. Presumably that means until the end of the season. Hopefully this doesn't mean we have an injury.

I presume you mean Daryl Marfo, I did not think he was still with Edinburgh. Last I heard of him, he was down providing some front row cover for the Ospreys towards the end of last season. I am not sure what he has been doing since then.

A decent enough prop on his day who did surprisingly well when he got his chance for Scotland. His day just does not seem to come along very often unfortunately. He fell out with Cockers and never really got another look at Edinburgh after that.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Mar 2021, 10:16 am

He's not had a club in a year - not sure what condition he'll be in. He wasn't renowned for his fitness even when he was a full-time contracted pro!

Amazing determination for him to keep going though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 08 Mar 2021, 10:19 am

Not the first player to fall out with Cockers, he's pretty single minded. Yes I did mean Daryl, quite right. He'll only be in the squad as cover so I'm sure he'll do that adequately between now and the end of the season.

Tigers announcing re-signings as well today. Whitcombe, Kelly and Chessum all age grade players that have appeared in the Tigers first team at time this season have renewed. Being announced every half an hour. Hoping to see George Martin and Tommy Reffell get named soon.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 08 Mar 2021, 12:39 pm

More renewals at Tigers with club legend Dan Cole and all action number 8 Weise extending their stay. Nemani Nadolo has also re-signed.

Van Wyk the loosehead from Northampton and van Staden from the Bulls are also announced for next season. One more signing expected to follow at 1 and will probably be a lock.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 08 Mar 2021, 12:52 pm

Bringing in van Staden might push Reffell out of the 23. Both new signings are good players though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 08 Mar 2021, 12:56 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Bringing in van Staden might push Reffell out of the 23. Both new signings are good players though.

It'll be more competition for him but Borthwick does like to rotate and clearly rates Reffell (he's played him above for experienced options repeatedly). Van Staden can slot in a 8 and 6 as well which is something Tigers seem to Ike in their backrow signings and we were always likely to replace Taufua. Borthwick has no problem dropping more experienced players for young guys that take their chances either just ask Murimurivalu who thought he'd signed to play fullback but has had all of two starts as Steward has taken the shirt.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 08 Mar 2021, 1:35 pm

Somewhat of an anti climax with Eli Snyman signed at lock. Erm not really sure why we need him unless he's going to bulk up into something more resembling RG Snyman. We've got three talented locks to play understudy to Wells and Green I think most Tigers fans were hoping for a grizzled vet that would play mentor to the Tigers cubs for a season and then be stepping back as they came through. Which is what we expect Green to do over the next couple of seasons. Signing an average level player who's coming into his prime I'm not sure we need though hopefully he proves me wrong and a pre season in the hands of Aled sees him hit another level.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 08 Mar 2021, 2:17 pm

Snyman is a good consistent player, doesn't hurt people though (usually what you want from your lock forwards). He's quite tall so should be good in your lineout. All the Welsh teams' lineouts are now benefiting from each having forwards who are 6'7 and over.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 08 Mar 2021, 2:42 pm

king_carlos wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

He'd be fifth choice back row at best behind Ollivon, Lakafia, Isa and Ory. Even that incredible title winning side needed squad players. I doubt many remember Virgile Bruni or Jocelino Suta that much when thinking about those Toulon sides but they were part of winning Heineken Cup final 23s.

Toulons issue with recruitment is likely the reputation Boudjellal and the Top 14 have for treating players pretty poorly though. Especially when others can offer similar sums now.
So you are agreeing with me? There is no combination you can make of the backrowers listed there that is in any way intemidating for the top clubs in Europe.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 08 Mar 2021, 3:05 pm

We've got England squad player at 19 George Martin 6ft6, Cam Henderson (20) Scotland under 20s 6ft6 and Ollie Chessum (20) 6ft7 all playing in and around the Tigers first team. Chessum and Martin are particularly good at lineout time. I'm sure Snyman will be a useful squad player but that's not what we were really after though his lineout ability and workrate does fit with what Borthwick likes.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 09 Mar 2021, 11:15 am

Luan de Bruin finally confirmed to Edinburgh. As is practice they haven't revealed the length of the deal but the SA media that first reported he'd be with Leicester until the end of this season also stated it's a 3-year deal with Edinburgh.

He's been playing well at loosehead for Tigers but is an even better tighthead. Schoe, Sutherland, de Bruin, Nel and Venter is some really impressive prop depth for Edinburgh.

It does make me wonder what will happen with some of the younger props, in particular Murray McCallum with Dan Gamble coming through on the same side of the scrum.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 09 Mar 2021, 11:27 am

king_carlos wrote:Luan de Bruin finally confirmed to Edinburgh. As is practice they haven't revealed the length of the deal but the SA media that first reported he'd be with Leicester until the end of this season also stated it's a 3-year deal with Edinburgh.

He's been playing well at loosehead for Tigers but is an even better tighthead. Schoe, Sutherland, de Bruin, Nel and Venter is some really impressive prop depth for Edinburgh.

It does make me wonder what will happen with some of the younger props, in particular Murray McCallum with Dan Gamble coming through on the same side of the scrum.

a few of them will be away with Scotland a fair bit (Schoeman likely included from next year) and hard to imagine Nelly has got to much left in the tank, a move into coaching seems where he is heading over the next few years, so I would have thought there is still some room for the youngsters to come through.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 09 Mar 2021, 12:10 pm

Luan de Bruin has been an adequate loosehead. He doesn't go backwards but doesn't dominate either. At tighthead with Genge at loosehead he looked a real monster. He's decent around the field for a big lad. Very handy player to have. Shame Tigers couldn't keep him. Edinburgh will be happy to have him in board.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:36 am

It turns out Ioan Lloyd has a younger, similar looking brother.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:43 am

Hougaard, Wuss to Wasps.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 17 Mar 2021, 11:18 am

mikey_dragon wrote:It turns out Ioan Lloyd has a younger, similar looking brother.

Who a Bristol fan recently told me is the more talented of the brothers. I take that with more than a pinch of salt because his older brother looks like he could develop into quite a player so an improvement on that would be some potential talent.

Is that Hougaard to Wasps a rumour or a done deal? There's been a few far fetched rumours involving them recently including Manu which I just can't see happening for several reasons.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:03 pm

BT commentators seemed fairly certain Hougaard was away but no mention of where

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:21 pm

Hougaard is 99% off. Heinz has been signed to replace him already.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:22 pm

If he's better than Ioan then he must be pretty special.

Hougaard is a done deal. Him and Gopperth are getting on a bit.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:24 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Hougaard is 99% off. Heinz has been signed to replace him already.

He's 100% off.

https://twitter.com/WorcsWarriors/status/1372130357445820420?s=20

PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:28 pm

He was on a big deal at Wuss. Wasps should have some cap space with their overly priced Kiwi flyhalf moving on at the end of the season. Some competition for Dan Robson.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 9:09 pm

Dwayne Peel to Scarlets.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 18 Mar 2021, 8:02 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Dwayne Peel to Scarlets.

Any source Mikey?

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 18 Mar 2021, 10:37 am

The same is being posted on the Ulster supporters site.

The understanding there is he agreed to join Cardiff, but then Scarlets step in with a more attractive offer

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 18 Mar 2021, 10:53 am

geoff999rugby wrote:The same is being posted on the Ulster supporters site.

The understanding there is he agreed to join Cardiff, but then Scarlets step in with a more attractive offer

By more attractive offer, do you mean "compensation to Cardiff"?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 18 Mar 2021, 11:07 am

Tommy Freeman has resigned for Saints. That is another one from the academy signing full pro contract, Saints seem to have a wealth of talent there. Freeman is one of the ones to watch, he seems to have just about everything and at 20 is still learning.

He is keeping both Tuala and Mallinder out of the side at the moment so Saints obviously rate him.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 18 Mar 2021, 11:46 am

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Tommy Freeman has resigned for Saints. That is another one from the academy signing full pro contract, Saints seem to have a wealth of talent there. Freeman is one of the ones to watch, he seems to have just about everything and at 20 is still learning.

He is keeping both Tuala and Mallinder out of the side at the moment so Saints obviously rate him.

Is he the pacey one?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next