The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question re children at Twickenham

5 posters

Go down

Question re children at Twickenham Empty Question re children at Twickenham

Post by SolvableKnave Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

Howdy folks, I have a very quick question to ask.

For next years HEC final at Twickenham, we have decided to make it a big family trip. There will be about 10 of us going (tickets booked), but i will also be bringing my as yet unborn son who will be 6 months when next May comes around. Do you think this could cause any problems at the stadium, re such a young child in a noisy stadium, or actually getting him in? We dont intend to bring a stoller or anything into the ground, just have one of those harness'.

SolvableKnave

Back to top Go down

Question re children at Twickenham Empty Re: Question re children at Twickenham

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

You'll be fine. And as an added bonus the HEC final should be a good opportunity to catch up on some of that sleep you'll be missing Wink

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:You'll be fine. And as an added bonus the HEC final should be a good opportunity to catch up on some of that sleep you'll be missing Wink

GG, I think you're mistaking the HEC for the Amlin final Wink. Based on this year anyway.

Though the best rugby match as an insomnia cure I've ever been to was the fog-bound Crusaders-Hurricanes Super final a few years back. When you're sitting on the 22 and can't see the half-way line or more than one goalpost ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by SolvableKnave Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:You'll be fine. And as an added bonus the HEC final should be a good opportunity to catch up on some of that sleep you'll be missing Wink

Cool, thats eased my mind. As for catching up on sleep at the final? No chance. Even less if any Irish team is there. I'm a Leinster man, but i'm also an Irishman, and will gladly get behind Munster or Ulster if they where to make it.

SolvableKnave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

At 6 months then he will be to young but if you are bringing any other youngsters please make sure you don't buy them one of then annoying AIRHORNS grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:57 pm

Yep, it's true. Whoever sanctioned pre-kick off fireworks in a low fog should've been sacked.

I think the same thing happened at Murrayfield later in the year too from memory.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

My friends baby is that age and we just spent a day together. If they will be any way similar your kid will want to be active and mobile while awake, even if only trying to crawl, or sleepy. I wouldn't expect him/her at that age to be happy being still, for 80 minutes. It will be too loud to let him/her sleep without interruption. So I don't think the kid would enjoy it.

Listening to an unhappy baby would be a nightmare for the people around you too. With so much notice it couldn't be that hard to arrange a baby sitter.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down