The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallagher Premiership 2020/21

+33
BamBam
RiscaGame
Oakdene
Cyril
BigGee
geoff999rugby
Rugby Fan
Collapse2005
tigertattie
Cumbrian
nathan
westisbest
englishborn
BigTrevsbigmac
WELL-PAST-IT
rosbif
lostinwales
MichaelT
Poorfour
Gooseberry
Sgt_Pooly
LeinsterFan4life
TightHEAD
No 7&1/2
mikey_dragon
Duty281
king_carlos
Margin_Walker
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
Geordie
Heaf
formerly known as Sam
37 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Gallagher Premiership 2020/21 - Page 3 Empty Gallagher Premiership 2020/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 05 Mar 2021, 9:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's not a high tackle. Heyes initial contact is the chest. If you're going to review it, review it properly. It's a legal tackle.

How did the assistant miss that the LI player knocks the ball out of JVP's hands and into touch before the Joseph break. It was right in front of him FFS. Lineout Tigers.

Anyway, Tigers blow what should have been a straightforward win and only get 4 instead of 5 points. LI manage to snatch 2 league points with a TBP at the death. Probably a fair result as LI were the better side in the first half but didn't really show up in the second. Hassell-Collins is looking like a really classy player, shame Parton went off.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Gallagher Premiership 2020/21 - Page 3 Empty Re: Gallagher Premiership 2020/21

Post by lostinwales Thu 18 Mar 2021, 2:46 pm

Interesting seeing both Launchbury and Barbeary back.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:44 am

lostinwales wrote:Interesting seeing both Launchbury and Barbeary back.

...............and Launchbury starting after so many games out.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Mar 2021, 1:19 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:

...............and Launchbury starting after so many games out.

Wasps I think need the leadership and quality up front after falling apart in recent weeks. He's a big boost.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Mar 2021, 1:21 pm

Leicester Tigers (v Exeter Chiefs, away, Saturday 2.30pm)
[club appearances in brackets]

15 Freddie Steward [23]
14 Kobus Van Wyk [9]
13 Matt Scott [15]
12 Dan Kelly [9]
11 Guy Porter [12]
10 Zack Henry [18]
9 Jack Van Poortvliet [14]
1 Nephi Leatigaga [41]
2 Charlie Clare [22]
3 Joe Heyes [59]
4 Cameron Henderson [8]
5 Tomás Lavanini [28]
6 Cyle Brink [11]
7 Tommy Reffell [38]
8 Hanro Liebenberg (c) [25]
Replacements:
16 Jake Kerr [45]
17 James Whitcombe [2]
18 Luan de Bruin [8]
19 Harry Wells [112]
20 Luke Wallace [12]
21 Ben White [69]
22 Johnny McPhillips [14]
23 Harry Potter [8]
Exeter Chiefs: 15 Facundo Cordero, 14 Olly Woodburn, 13 Harvey Skinner, 12 Ollie Devoto, 11 Tom O’Flaherty, 10 Joe Simmonds (c), 9 Jack Maunder; 1 Ben Moon,2 Jack Innard, 3 Harry Williams, 4 Jannes Kirsten, 5 Sean Lonsdale, 6 Dave Ewers, 7 Jacques Vermeulen, 8 Sam Simmonds
Replacements: 16 Elvis Taione, 17 Alec Hepburn, 18 Marcus Street, 19 Don Armand, 20 Richard Capstick, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Dan John, 23 Josh Hodge

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 1:34 pm

Not Tigers best side but a fair bit of that is unavoidable with bans, injuries and internationals. By my reckoning:

Banned - Wiese
Injured - Nadolo and Montoya
England - Genge, Martin, B Youngs, Ford
Rested - T Youngs, Cole, Green, Wigglesworth, Moroni, Murimurivalu

I'm happy to see Cam Henderson get a start and with Wiese injured that's the best back row Tigers can field.

Kelly and Scott are an interesting centre partnership. Scott was very good for Gloucester at 13 so hopefully he goes well there.

My main worry is getting over the gain line. Nadolo and Murimurivalu in particular but also Moroni have been good at that in the backs but all are missing. Wiese has been the go to man in that regard in the forwards but this is the last week of his suspension.

Good to see Harry Potter back in a matchday 23. He's impressed when he's featured so far.

Perhaps my favourite thing about that selection is Hanro Liebenberg as skipper. He's a terrific player and one who could have a massive long term impact with Tigers if we keep him at the club.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Mar 2021, 1:36 pm

Tigers continue their rotation policy away from home. Good to see that young Whitcombe is still getting more minutes despite being 19/20 and Marfo joining the squad until the end of the season. Makes for six players of 21 or under in the 23 with two being in the front row. 14 of the 23 EQ.

Probably a Chiefs victory but hopefully the game is kept close and Tigers make then work for it and grab a LBP.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 1:40 pm

They need their best back to compete with the mighty falcons pack Wink Whistle

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 19 Mar 2021, 1:54 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

Lucky for them that Will Rowlands is there then.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 19 Mar 2021, 1:59 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Are you related to Rowlands by any chance?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 2:00 pm

GF - Am I right in saying Will Montgomery is a highly rated second row but perhaps not the biggest? I've heard good things about him.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 2:06 pm

lostinwales wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Are you related to Rowlands by any chance?
laughing laughing

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 2:11 pm

king_carlos wrote:GF - Am I right in saying Will Montgomery is a highly rated second row but perhaps not the biggest? I've heard good things about him.

Yes mate, Sean Robinson mark 2. Very athletic, but lightweight. Good prospect all the same...but we'll need to see where he comes through.

The thing about Sean was he was a relentless tackler when he came through...just the volumes he made in a game made him stand out. He played 6 alot in his development years, and this season he's moved back there and playing outstanding...but im not sure what will happen to Will.

One to watch.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 19 Mar 2021, 3:25 pm

How's Dan Kelly getting on? I'm sure the provinces are monitoring him closely.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 3:44 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:How's Dan Kelly getting on? I'm sure the provinces are monitoring him closely.
Very well for such a young centre.

Tigers under Borthwick are reticent to release any details on injuries so it's unclear whether he's being picked ahead of Jaco Taute through choice or injury but either way he's been playing very well at 12. He's lacked a bit of punch in contact at times but that's not unexpected for a young centre making his way. His defence has largely been impressive though with good positioning, tackling and he seems pretty handy over the ball.

Matt Scott has been shifted to 13 to keep Kelly at 12 for this week so it seems he's viewed more as an inside centre.

I'm really hoping Tigers tie him to a long term contract. He was flatmates and good friends with another Tiger in Freddie Steward whilst he was at Loughborough so has good pals at Leicester and seems settled.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 3:47 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
king_carlos wrote:GF - Am I right in saying Will Montgomery is a highly rated second row but perhaps not the biggest? I've heard good things about him.

Yes mate, Sean Robinson mark 2. Very athletic, but lightweight. Good prospect all the same...but we'll need to see where he comes through.

The thing about Sean was he was a relentless tackler when he came through...just the volumes he made in a game made him stand out. He played 6 alot in his development years, and this season he's moved back there and playing outstanding...but im not sure what will happen to Will.

One to watch.
Cheers GF. I've heard good things. Hopefully he gets some minutes this evening.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Mar 2021, 4:19 pm

king_carlos wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:How's Dan Kelly getting on? I'm sure the provinces are monitoring him closely.

Tigers under Borthwick are reticent to release any details on injuries so it's unclear whether he's being picked ahead of Jaco Taute through choice or injury but either way he's been playing very well at 12. He's lacked a bit of punch in contact at times but that's not unexpected for a young centre making his way. His defence has largely been impressive though with good positioning, tackling and he seems pretty handy over the ball.

Matt Scott has been shifted to 13 to keep Kelly at 12 for this week so it seems he's viewed more as an inside centre.

I'm really hoping Tigers tie him to a long term contract. He was flatmates and good friends with another Tiger in Freddie Steward whilst he was at Loughborough so has good pals at Leicester and seems settled.

Agree with what Carlos has said. I'd add that he's quicker than he looks and his handling seems good, he's been used to distribute in the backline. He's quite a stocky lad already so I'm not sure how much he's going to fill out but he's not the best at running the hard line despite the fact he'll happily do it for the team. To be honest I expected him at 13 for this week with Scott at 12 as I reckon Kelly could surprise a few centres and take them on the outside.

I was happy when we announced his new contract last week. I'd assumed that they'd be more than one Province keep a close eye on him. Signing a new deal already probably means he's been promoted from development to senior squad a year early. Hopefully the contract is a long one. I like what I've seen with Kelly. There's always the chance of a switch in allegiance as well as he's a Manchester boy really. He's only at Tigers because he went to Loughborough University after being dropped by the Sale academy. Not the first and won't be the last age grade player that's ended up at Loughborough that way (Loughborough University is the best sporting Uni in the UK).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 19 Mar 2021, 4:25 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

Agree with what Carlos has said. I'd add that he's quicker than he looks and his handling seems good, he's been used to distribute in the backline. He's quite a stocky lad already so I'm not sure how much he's going to fill out but he's not the best at running the hard line despite the fact he'll happily do it for the team. To be honest I expected him at 13 for this week with Scott at 12 as I reckon Kelly could surprise a few centres and take them on the outside.

I was happy when we announced his new contract last week. I'd assumed that they'd be more than one Province keep a close eye on him. Signing a new deal already probably means he's been promoted from development to senior squad a year early. Hopefully the contract is a long one. I like what I've seen with Kelly. There's always the chance of a switch in allegiance as well as he's a Manchester boy really. He's only at Tigers because he went to Loughborough University after being dropped by the Sale academy. Not the first and won't be the last age grade player that's ended up at Loughborough that way (Loughborough University is the best sporting Uni in the UK).
That's good to hear. I'm sure the IRFU will keep a close eye but to be honest there isn't much room at the minute for centers so I can't see him leaving you guys anytime soon

Last edited by LeinsterFan4life on Fri 19 Mar 2021, 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Mar 2021, 4:46 pm

That's what we like to hear Leinster Fan but there has been persistent rumours that Munster are interested and the IRFU wanting him to be playing in Ireland. Given the current financial hit of Covid it's probably not worth any province trying to bring him back as they are all fairly well stocked at the minute where as he's fourth choice at Tigers and possibly pushing his way into third so he'll get more game time staying.

The provinces never seem to run short of talent so it was a bit of a surprise when I heard that a Loughborough Uni student was straight into the Ireland Under 20s starting line up at 18.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 19 Mar 2021, 5:18 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:That's what we like to hear Leinster Fan but there has been persistent rumours that Munster are interested and the IRFU wanting him to be playing in Ireland. Given the current financial hit of Covid it's probably not worth any province trying to bring him back as they are all fairly well stocked at the minute where as he's fourth choice at Tigers and possibly pushing his way into third so he'll get more game time staying.

The provinces never seem to run short of talent so it was a bit of a surprise when I heard that a Loughborough Uni student was straight into the Ireland Under 20s starting line up at 18.
That's interesting I hadn't heard the Munster rumour, I've seen lads talking about him on the Leinster forum alright. He must be very highly rated over here. I think he'd be mad to leave Leicester now, he's getting plenty of game time with yous, certainly more than he would under the extremely conservative Van Grann at Munster.

LeinsterFan4life

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:24 pm

Gopperth is a one man wasps at the moment.

We'd be miles ahead If it wasn't for him.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:27 pm

Great try falcon's....

But someone is getting a nice long ban for the falcons...fingers to eyes...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:39 pm

Just seen that Carreras incident. Looks unbelievably stupid and will get him a long ban.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:42 pm

Looked to be the Argentinian winger. How the TMO didn't stop the game for that I have no idea. Flagging it for the citing panel is a horrendous cop out.

Having said that Wasps haven't turned up. Their tight five is taking a mauling and their backrow are pretty much anonymous. Add in the very chancy crossfield kick that Penny read fantastically and you'd think they were playing a pre season friendly.

Falcons look efficient and pretty clinical. Lucky to have 15 men on the park but to be honest I think they'd have to go down to 13 to level things up at present. Only thing I'd say was dumb from them was the tap and go from the penalty about 10m out. They'd just scored from a driving maul and pretty much had the Wasps pack on toast in the tight exchanges why in earth tap and go? Disappointing it was McGuigan who did it and that Young stood there and said nothing, they are the leaders they need to be stepping in and saying no, let's have it into the corner and turn the screw. Wasps have conceded penalties at most of Falcons rolling mauls, put pressure on the ref, "ask how penalties is that now sir?" or "another one, they can't help themselves can they?".  Where's the gamesmanship? Wasps lose a forward and go down to 14 and the Falcons should be putting double digits of points on the board.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:44 pm

Yup...stupidty at its highest..huge ban

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:48 pm

Any news on how long Radwan's out for GF?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:49 pm

Quite a while mate...bad knee injury.

We have two more outstanding young wingers raring to go ...looks like he'll have to play them now...not a bad thing.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:52 pm

A real shame. Stevenson and Penny both look really good as well though.

Wasps waking up a bit to start the second half. Game on here I reckon.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:55 pm

Ah wasps are firing now

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:56 pm

king_carlos wrote:A real shame. Stevenson and Penny both look really good as well though.

I imagine their ears are still ringing from the half time team shout.

formerly known as Sam

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 8:57 pm

king_carlos wrote:A real shame. Stevenson and Penny both look really good as well though.

Penny is a massively talented player who has been obliterated with injuries all his career. He's finally a little bit injury free and moved to full back instead of centre and looks made for it.

Wasps have their stings up

Geordie

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:08 pm

Ah this game is running away from us...nay sprinting

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:18 pm

Just got in and put the match on. Two yellows? Did I hear right, the Falcons 9 is off?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:20 pm

No two separate players on yellows at the same time Doc...scrum half is one.

But wasps are smashing us now...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:24 pm

Looking pretty even right now.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:28 pm

What a maul that was

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:28 pm

Then we spoil it

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:29 pm

Really good maul. Shame they lost it at the end. Looked like the try was on.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:37 pm

We've lost a game we should have won at a canter...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:40 pm

I'm furious we've lost this game...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:43 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I'm furious we've lost this game...
Yeah I'd be spitting if Tigers lost that tbh GF.

Wasps definitely came out stronger after half time then Barbeary in particular made a big impact from the bench.

Very winnable game for Falcons though it must be said.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:43 pm

Me too - messed up my Superbru prediction ...

Missed most of the match for family zoom but I'm seeing comments on rugbynetwork forum about an eye-gouge but didn't see any red card, what happened?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:44 pm

I will have to watch from the beginning. I thought once Falcons survived the two yellows, they seemed right in it.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:45 pm

Ah sounds like they are going to show it on the BT Sport coverage after the ads ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:46 pm

20 % possession in the second half...that's unforgivable regardless of the 2 yellows

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:48 pm

Heaf wrote:Ah sounds like they are going to show it on the BT Sport coverage after the ads ...
Over here the program ends after the initial post-match interviews. All I see now is one guy walking the pitch and the commentary has ended. If you see what time the purported eye gouge happened, please let me know. That is, if it was a gouge. That kind of thing has mostly disappeared from the game, I think.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:49 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:20 % possession in the second half...that's unforgivable regardless of the 2 yellows
Jeez, with that amount of possession one might think they were watching England...

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:50 pm

From the other forums it sounds bad but I'll let you know what BT show and the time ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:50 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:20 % possession in the second half...that's unforgivable regardless of the 2 yellows
Jeez, with that amount of possession one might think they were watching England...

Or LI last week ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:53 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Heaf wrote:Ah sounds like they are going to show it on the BT Sport coverage after the ads ...
Over here the program ends after the initial post-match interviews.  All I see now is one guy walking the pitch and the commentary has ended.  If you see what time the purported eye gouge happened, please let me know.  That is, if it was a gouge.  That kind of thing has mostly disappeared from the game, I think.

BT saying it was on about 30 mins ... they showed a brief clip but difficult to be sure from that

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 19 Mar 2021, 9:56 pm

Oh - just showed a further clip and it looks like he puts his hand in deliberately ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next