The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
ShahenshahG
lostinwales
Pal Joey
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Infin / itive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Jun 2021, 7:34 am

All good here. Holiday approaching end of month but waiting on whether it will be go ahead. Other than that all is good in the hood. How's the new workplace treating you?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jun 2021, 7:37 am

Not started yet, Start 5th July, trying to hand over to the mongs who are trying to stay on, I don't have the patience or the crayons, but here we are.

Looking forward to it though. You enjoying time at the top?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Jun 2021, 7:48 am

It ebbs and flows, its good currently but a couple days ago I had to explain to a guy who was prebooked to be working 35 days out of 38 available days why he wasn't getting calls to come in for emergency cover. Days like that tend to annoy me.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jun 2021, 7:55 am

People are idiots, unfortunately, just keep some sock puppets around, I find they help.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 15 Jun 2021, 7:58 am

Tird. Tuning in to the earling morning Rich & Shah show brings back memories.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jun 2021, 7:59 am

Could be on for a split this week at this rate.

Morning, Galts.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 15 Jun 2021, 8:59 am

Forts and crayons at this time

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jun 2021, 10:29 am

lostinwales wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:You see what happens when you add Tino to the Tartan Army superfly? You get bounced by the Czechs. Pft

The moral of the story is don't put Tino in goal

I burst out laughing when that goal went in. Not sure everyone else up here had the same reaction.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jun 2021, 10:34 am

Galted wrote:Tird.  Tuning in to the earling morning Rich & Shah show brings back memories.

It was nostalgia at its best.  I felt like I was in my late 30's again and the world presented nothing but opportunity and wealth.  It evoked a time before Tina had a mid-life crisis and died, before michaels had a mid-life crisis and became a vagrant and before jeff had a mid-life crisis and ditched us to become a social media influencer.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jun 2021, 11:07 am

Well I am just filling in my DBS check for my new role, this could be my swansong.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jun 2021, 11:27 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Well I am just filling in my DBS check for my new role, this could be my swansong.

You'll be fine mate. I always tick no to the are you a nonce question. No one has ever checked.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Jun 2021, 11:33 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Well I am just filling in my DBS check for my new role, this could be my swansong.

I always tick the ATSI box.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jun 2021, 11:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

You'll be fine mate. I always tick no to the are you a nonce question. No one has ever checked.

F**k... Wish i had seen this first.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jun 2021, 1:02 pm

In other news, as I am bored I have Shmidt Ocean on YouTube running in the background.

Basically live feeds from deep sea surveillance subs, with the audio from the scientists controlling it.

Very chill, and very interesting.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jun 2021, 1:24 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:In other news, as I am bored I have Shmidt Ocean on YouTube running in the background.

Basically live feeds from deep sea surveillance subs, with the audio from the  scientists controlling it.

Very chill, and very interesting.

Jesus. And you lot give me sh*t for talking about insects.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jun 2021, 1:29 pm

Lots of wet insects...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 15 Jun 2021, 1:37 pm

My hayfever is outperforming my hayfever tablets. I'm probably going to kill myself this afternoon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jun 2021, 1:40 pm

Galted wrote:My hayfever is outperforming my hayfever tablets. I'm probably going to kill myself this afternoon.

Hayfever is just a summer cold.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 15 Jun 2021, 2:33 pm

There’s a great thread on the rugby section about diversity that really starts to get fun in the later pages.

At one point, one of them hypothetically suggests England players could do a Nazi salute to support equality.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jun 2021, 2:53 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There’s a great thread on the rugby section about diversity that really starts to get fun in the later pages.

At one point, one of them hypothetically suggests England players could do a Nazi salute to support equality.

This made me chuckle - "committed genocide at the worst end"

As opposed to genocide at the good end.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 15 Jun 2021, 3:37 pm

I think the rugby diversity thread snowballed even further than the cricket thread that Joey had to intervene with.

My favourite part was the discussion around why people don't get booed for kneeling to propose or be knighted.

king_carlos

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jun 2021, 4:20 pm

I knelt down to tie my shoes the other day. Felt like I was really striking a blow for Marxists everywhere.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 15 Jun 2021, 4:23 pm

superflyweight wrote:I knelt down to tie my shoes the other day.  Felt like I was really striking a blow for Marxists everywhere.  

I refuse to take a knee for my shoes. I'll walk barefoot before I pander to the c*nts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Jun 2021, 4:26 pm

Serial used to take a knee. Along with various other body parts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Jun 2021, 4:38 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There’s a great thread on the rugby section about diversity that really starts to get fun in the later pages.

To be fair, if I wanted genuine insight into diversity, Rugby fans would always be my "go to" demographic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

king_carlos and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 15 Jun 2021, 6:03 pm

superflyweight wrote:

To be fair, if I wanted genuine insight into diversity, Rugby fans would always be my "go to" demographic.  

Oh, rather. Oliver and Fiona once had an African chap round to clear up after the horses so they know a lot about those sorts of people.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 15 Jun 2021, 6:22 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Oh, rather.  Oliver and Fiona once had an African chap round to clear up after the horses so they know a lot about those sorts of people.

No these days we actually have them playing. They are so wonderfully athletic.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jun 2021, 7:49 am

Whattup notches, have a hump day fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 16 Jun 2021, 8:33 am

Sicond. Hump day?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Jun 2021, 8:40 am

Tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jun 2021, 8:44 am

Morning, Peej, LIW

Wednesday first came to be known as hump day since at least the 1950s. The expression figures Wednesday, the middle of the workweek, as the hump people get over to coast into the weekend. Throughout the 20th century, Wednesday was especially referred to as hump day in an effort to liven up the drudgery of the workweek.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 16 Jun 2021, 9:09 am

Morning all.  Just taking my kid to nursery when I noticed one of his classmates taking the knee to examine a snail - couldn't believe what I was seeing after the discussion yesterday.

I gave such a display of in-your-face booing my throat's still hurting.  Let's just say there's one little girl who's going to be reconsidering her actions once she's stopped crying.

Galted
Galted
Galted

king_carlos and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jun 2021, 10:17 am

Good man, making kids cry to own the libs, is Tight!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 16 Jun 2021, 11:11 am

Too right, the only Marxism I'm going to stand for is Julius's.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Jun 2021, 9:24 am

Very well then, self unmichaelsing fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 17 Jun 2021, 9:43 am

Safely sicond.

How's the hayfever, Galted?
Thought I saw some pollen blowing around Downing St the other day and imagined you and mini G in the midst of it during the playground episode.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Jun 2021, 10:02 am

Tird

Downing st is a long way from Greenwich Park - which as it suggests is a large green space and will therefore have plenty of pollen.

It reminds me. I really really do not miss the humid summer nights in London.

I used to work(?) at the Royal Naval college in Greenwich. The buildings are fabulous and amongst the most impressive you'll find anywhere in the UK. They are also very heavily used as a location for film and TV (especially Thor Dark World). Now one of the early years when we were there they decided that they needed to renovate all of the windows in the block we were in. This meant taking the windows out and replacing them with a frame with a perspex sheet and a little ventilator. They tested this is in a small office and thought what could possibly go wrong? This was also the age of the old CRT monitors that kick out a lot more heat than the modern flat screens do - and we were a maths and computing department.

It was a hot summer. Temperature in the offices was often in the mid to high 30's. Not nice. Not nice at all.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 17 Jun 2021, 10:22 am

Yes, I remember it used to get incredibly hot and stuffy in London during my couple of summers there. It's a saucepan kind of effect I believe. Luckily it's not for long extended periods like here in some years. 2019-2020 was the worst. Ironically, last summer was not so severe and it was much easier sleeping in the lower temperatures and humidity.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Jun 2021, 10:26 am

Its nothing compared to some countries, its just being the UK we are so unprepared for it (and I hate sleeping in rooms with AC)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 17 Jun 2021, 10:37 am

Like me here I'm so unprepared for winter. I have an electric heater on plus the heater on the a/c unit which is set to 23 at the moment.
It's 12 outside which isn't cold... but I'm a bit of a wuss. Earlier today I was out with a short sleeve shirt in the sun. It felt 'warm' at 21 degrees C.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Jun 2021, 11:28 am

Pal Joey wrote:Safely sicond.

How's the hayfever, Galted?
Thought I saw some pollen blowing around Downing St the other day and imagined you and mini G in the midst of it during the playground episode.

Getting through it, thanks. The tablets put a brake on the sneezing but the itching eyes are a bitch. Have used it as an excuse to up my intake to two bottles of Ruby Hobgoblin a night so it does have it's plus side.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Jun 2021, 11:53 am

lostinwales wrote:Tird

Downing st is a long way from Greenwich Park - which as it suggests is a large green space and will therefore have plenty of pollen.

I used to work(?) at the Royal Naval college in Greenwich. The buildings are fabulous and amongst the most impressive you'll find anywhere in the UK. They are also very heavily used as a location for film and TV (especially Thor Dark World). Now one of the early years when we were there they decided that they needed to renovate all of the windows in the block we were in. This meant taking the windows out and replacing them with a frame with a perspex sheet and a little ventilator. They tested this is in a small office and thought what could possibly go wrong? This was also the age of the old CRT monitors that kick out a lot more heat than the modern flat screens do - and we were a maths and computing department.

It was a hot summer. Temperature in the offices was often in the mid to high 30's. Not nice. Not nice at all.

That still goes on, every few weeks it seems there's another production. Does make for some good photo-opportunities if you can be arsed, from giant swastikas being draped over the buildings to women in Victorian dress smoking and tapping away on their mobiles in between takes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm

Galted wrote:

That still goes on, every few weeks it seems there's another production. Does make for some good photo-opportunities if you can be arsed, from giant swastikas being draped over the buildings to women in Victorian dress smoking and tapping away on their mobiles in between takes.

We get lots of filming here as lots go on in Saltaire, which is a world heritage site, and I live in an old mill which has filming quite a bit, i can almost guarantee that a Chinese tourist has at least one picture of me scratching my balls in a window

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Jun 2021, 12:47 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:i can almost guarantee that a Chinese tourist has at least one picture of me scratching my balls in a window

So do I.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Jun 2021, 12:48 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:i can almost guarantee that a Chinese tourist has at least one picture of me scratching my balls in a window

So do I.

I know.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Jun 2021, 1:34 pm

Galted wrote:

Best I saw was probably Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson on the set of Shanghai Knights. There is a scene on a 'busy London street' which was shot there.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Jun 2021, 1:44 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

Best I saw was probably Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson on the set of Shanghai Knights. There is a scene on a 'busy London street' which was shot there.

Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz used to own a house in the same village I live in. Never actually saw them though and think they sold it.

Bond was too intimidated by me. Only room for one Alpha in the village. Also catching Galted riffling through her underwear drawer was the final straw for Weisz.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Jun 2021, 2:06 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz used to own a house in the same village I live in. Never actually saw them though and think they sold it.

Bond was too intimidated by me. Only room for one Alpha in the village. Also catching Galted riffling through her underwear drawer was the final straw for Weisz.

How do you know unless you were there too?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Jun 2021, 2:18 pm

lostinwales wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

How do you know unless you were there too?

Good point.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Jun 2021, 3:09 pm

What Tino means is that the beta Bond caught me rifling through Weisz's underwear while she was still wearing it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next