The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nowhere Man - Dillian Whyte's circus carries on with no rhyme or reason..

4 posters

Go down

Nowhere Man - Dillian Whyte's circus carries on with no rhyme or reason.. Empty Nowhere Man - Dillian Whyte's circus carries on with no rhyme or reason..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 27 Jun 2021, 9:41 am

Joyce close to a shot at the title...Usyk fighting Josh...No doubt the 'Mexican wobble' lined up for the winner of Tyson v Deontay should a unification not transpire....What to make of the ugly duckling Dillian who in fairness is the most worthy challenger of them all ??...The guy just doesn't fit...He is an extra piece in a completed jigsaw....Whoever he beats next does it matter ??..How is he PPV when none of his eliminators mean diddly...

Wonder if he finds his career as painful as those watching ??...He does seem ambitious bless him..

Where does he go from here ??....Keep cleaning out contenders while Dubois gets a shot in a year's time..

Can only see him fighting for the title if Usyk or Wilder win...But Joshua v Usyk is a mismatch of epic proportions that only a muppet would buy and Wilder will go earlier this time..

Have some sympathy for Whyte but he really is the 'Nowhere Man' and It's hard to see that title being lost anytime soon either..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Nowhere Man - Dillian Whyte's circus carries on with no rhyme or reason.. Empty Re: Nowhere Man - Dillian Whyte's circus carries on with no rhyme or reason..

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 27 Jun 2021, 11:54 pm

I like Whyte and the fact that he will genuinely fight anyone in the top ten. Wilder and his people sidestepped him as clearly as they did Povetkin (although his positive test was an easy get-out clause). Happily takes one to give one which was certainly his undoing in Povetkin I.

He has a fan-friendly style as he's all action with a decent punch in his left hook. He almost always runs out of steam in a long fight (see against Chisora when they punched each other to a standstill) and against Parker when he was within 30 seconds of being KO'd.

I do feel for him as the WBC and Wilder kept d!cking him about but he kept himself busy by fighting everyone and everything. He thought he could be clever in taking the first Povetkin fight - an easily winnable bout against a ranked (albeit old) contender and he was dominating right up until the point he caught one of the sweetest uppercuts you'll see this decade. He of course put it right in the one-sided rematch which should never have been, given Povetkin's health issues. Wlad aside, Whyte has probably fought a better calibre of opponent in the last 8 fights than either Fury or Wilder, and arguably Joshua too.

Given that he's with Matchroom I kind of feel for him but I also don't. Not being able to fight for a title aside, he's still being paid decent money and he knows he's a match for all but the very best. If they keep paying his bills I can't really blame him. He's a handful for any of the top ten that's for sure. As he's now interim WBC Champ he now doesn't appear in the IBF, WBA or WBO rankings.

If Usyk gets an injury in training, what price Whyte taking his place? And the same for either of Fury or Wilder?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Nowhere Man - Dillian Whyte's circus carries on with no rhyme or reason.. Empty Re: Nowhere Man - Dillian Whyte's circus carries on with no rhyme or reason..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Jun 2021, 9:08 am

Hearn won't risk his golden goose with an improved Whyte....Fury v Wilder would just be postponed and rearranged..

Hard to see how Whyte gets a shot soon.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 28 Jun 2021, 2:46 pm

Yeah - to be fair Joyce would probably get the job as he's WBO #2 - and that would be an interesting one to market. Joyce is good, not great, and difficult to sell. But he'd be more of a handful for Joshua than Whyte.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 29 Jun 2021, 9:19 am

Unfortunately for Dillian the promoters won't see him as marketable as Joshua, Fury or even Wilder. It's a massive shame as he's done what we're always moaning about and worked his way up through the rankings and deserves his shot. I don't think he troubles Fury or Joshua (and i still contend he had a 20 second good spell against Joshua in their first fight and that's it) but he's always got a chance against Wilder or anyone else.

Personally think he should be given who he wants now but alas he's not the cash cow the others are and they won't build him up (Seriously, you could build up a trilogy between him, Joshua and Fury, throw in Joyce and you've got a great few UK fights there) but it'll go where the money is.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 01 Jul 2021, 8:03 am

Joshua and Fury deal with him easily. He improved after the Joshua fight but so has Joshua. His style is made for Fury. As soon as he is given a shot at either and inevitably loses, then his ppv days will stop and he knows this, so suiting him to play the victim and rack up ppv £££ fighting contenders.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down