The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 13 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 13 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:12 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Fist, because why not.

rICk, I have reviewed the pictures and I'm struggling to see any difference in pre & post tornado Widnes. All looks the same to me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-58985148?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 13 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:16 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

rICk, I have reviewed the pictures and I'm struggling to see any difference in pre & post tornado Widnes. All looks the same to me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-58985148?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Reminds me a bit of Cricklewood, but without betting shops and OAPs brawling in the high road.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:18 am

Galted wrote:

Reminds me a bit of Cricklewood, but without betting shops and OAPs brawling in the high road.

I wasn't sure if it was better suited to the Runcorn thread but I was so excited to be this early, I posted it here.

I don't believe I've been to Cricklewood, Galted. I'll have to take your word for it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:23 am

Morning chaps. I moved up North by choice and I like it, although I do live a long way from Runcorn

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:25 am

Galted wrote:

I wasn't sure if it was better suited to the Runcorn thread but I was so excited to be this early, I posted it here.

I don't believe I've been to Cricklewood, Galted. I'll have to take your word for it.

It's a very good post, I'm glad you shared it here.  I was very impressed with your 5 Guys post yesterday as well - I thought that you were being serious, despite having eaten at 5 Guys less than a month ago.

Cricklewood used to be quite a dump when I lived there in the late 90s but I recently had the pleasure of walking through it and it's much, much worse.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:26 am

lostinwales wrote:Morning chaps. I moved up North by choice and I like it, although I do live a long way from Runcorn

Absolutely nothing wrong with the North and I would also move back by choice if I actually had a choice.

But not to Runcorn or Widnes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:28 am

lostinwales wrote:Morning chaps. I moved up North by choice and I like it, although I do live a long way from Runcorn

Absolutely nothing wrong with the North and I would also move back by choice if I actually had a choice.

But not to Runcorn or Widnes.

Finished watching Downton Abbey and, I must confess, it opened my eyes to the North to the extent that I could see myself living there.  A lot more modern and opulent than I'd imagined.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:29 am

Galted wrote:

I was very impressed with your 5 Guys post yesterday as well - I thought that you were being serious, despite having eaten at 5 Guys less than a month ago.

Thanks, Galted. I liked Superfly's 'Just Eat' retort as well but don't want him to know that it was better than my post. Please don't tell him.

I used to quite like 5 Guys although it is crushingly expensive for what it is.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:40 am

Yes, you pay through the nose for 5 guys these days. I usually settle for 2 guys and a pony.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 9:51 am

I had to force my tird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 21 Oct 2021, 10:28 am

superflyweight wrote:I had to force my tird.  

Thought you had a full flush so I folded.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 21 Oct 2021, 10:30 am

What a card

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 21 Oct 2021, 10:33 am

Yep, can't tell the before and after.

I would offer thoughts and prayers, but God has no interest in Widnes.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 21 Oct 2021, 10:34 am

Was hoping to get a rise with my Gandhi remark on the golf thread.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 21 Oct 2021, 10:36 am

I saw a headline today that a bunch of museums had set up an OnlyFans as their TikTok had been banned for nudity.

This is the most "2021"headline I have ever seen.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 21 Oct 2021, 3:09 pm

The SR's really are the most sensitive little snowflakes aren't they?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 3:12 pm

I don't mind Soul, although I rarely agree with him. He's fairly consistent. The other one is just a bizarre human being.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 3:21 pm

Speaking of bizarre human beings, F***book recently suggested the Flat Earth group to me. For the most part it is good for the odd laugh, and trolling them, but some of the people on it are very weird.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 3:30 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Speaking of bizarre human beings, F***book recently suggested the Flat Earth group to me. For the most part it is good for the odd laugh, and trolling them, but some of the people on it are very weird.

Have you seen Behind the Curve on Netflix? Really well done documentary that doesn't deliberately make fun of flat earthers, but gives them a chance to explain themselves, while debunking their claims with actual science. Has one of the best punchlines of any film I've seen.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm

superflyweight wrote:I don't mind Soul, although I rarely agree with him.  He's fairly consistent.  The other one is just a bizarre human being.  

Nothing will top his story about getting bit on the c*ck by a dog.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Oct 2021, 3:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Speaking of bizarre human beings, F***book recently suggested the Flat Earth group to me. For the most part it is good for the odd laugh, and trolling them, but some of the people on it are very weird.

Have you seen Behind the Curve on Netflix?  Really well done documentary that doesn't deliberately make fun of flat earthers, but gives them a chance to explain themselves, while debunking their claims with actual science.  Has one of the best punchlines of any film I've seen.  

On one of roads near me, someone had sprayed THE EARTH IS FLAT on the back of a road sign. A few weeks later some wag had changed it to THE EARTH IS PEAT with just a few brush strokes.

Makes me chuckle every time I see it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:13 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Have you seen Behind the Curve on Netflix?  Really well done documentary that doesn't deliberately make fun of flat earthers, but gives them a chance to explain themselves, while debunking their claims with actual science.  Has one of the best punchlines of any film I've seen.  

On one of roads near me, someone had sprayed THE EARTH IS FLAT on the back of a road sign. A few weeks later some wag had changed it to THE EARTH IS PEAT with just a few brush strokes.

Makes me chuckle every time I see it.

Someone has painted "Earth is flat" on a sign on the M90 going through Fife. No definite article - just earth generally. I was tempted to get out and make a mound of earth beside it.

There's a bit in the documentary where two flat earthers are heading to the Nasa museum to mock the idea that we've ever sent anything into space. They get lost and need to use Sat Nav.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:16 pm

superflyweight wrote:They get lost and need to use Sat Nav.    

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Oct 2021, 7:53 am

Oooh! I knew I had two fists in me this week.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:04 am

Sounds uncomfortable

Sicond

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:04 am

Tardy tird.

How's it going, Galts?
Have you been attacked yet... or a just a classic Mexican stand off for now?

Morning Lost. All good so far I hope.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:22 am

superflyweight wrote:

Watched it last night. Enjoyed it a lot.

I particularly liked the very last scene where the guy is trying to prove it's flat with the laser and the panels down the canal. The very, very last is delivered beautifully as he realises he is proving his theory wrong in front of our eyes. He just says "interesting" and then it ends. Funny stuff.

Although I found that Mark Sargent guy very creepy. You wouldn't leave him alone with your kids. Anyone still living with their mum at that age should be treated with suspicion.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:49 am

Pal Joey wrote:Tardy tird.

How's it going, Galts?

Nothing too serious, PJ. One nip on the foot but, to be fair, I was trying to work when I should've been holding the front door open so that she could examine the hallway.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:49 am

Pal Joey wrote:Tardy tird.

How's it going, Galts?

Hi PJ. Mostly good at this end. There was a delay on my new glasses (b@stards) so still sitting here in shades on a this cold wet and dull day. But it is Friday and everything else is going well so far.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:05 am

lostinwales wrote:sitting here in shades on a this cold wet and dull day.

Yo LiW. What are your thoughts on Hugh Jackman.

Just asking for a friend.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:07 am

lostinwales wrote:sitting here in shades on a this cold wet and dull day.

Yo LiW. What are your thoughts on Hugh Jackman.

Just asking for a friend.

He's obviously the example I have used to give me confidence to carry off my current look

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:31 am

Morning. I'm not anyone who has been working with Alec Baldwin.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:38 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning. I'm not anyone who has been working with Alec Baldwin.

I wonder if that's going to make the bloopers reel when it's released on Blu-Ray.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:44 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning. I'm not anyone who has been working with Alec Baldwin.

I wonder if that's going to make the bloopers reel when it's released on Blu-Ray.

Far too soon for such comments. I'll need to blank anyone who makes them.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:48 am

Duty281 wrote:
Galted wrote:

Far too soon for such comments. I'll need to blank anyone who makes them.

Props to you, I won't do it again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:49 am

Galted wrote:

Grim isn't it. Literally fired

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Oct 2021, 10:58 am

No more puns. I am calling the shots round here.

Has anyone seen Free Solo about the dude who climbed El Capitan without any ropes? That is a cracking documentary if you're bored one evening.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Oct 2021, 11:34 am

I bet Rowley has watched it.

C*nts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 22 Oct 2021, 11:38 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:No more puns. I am calling the shots round here.

Has anyone seen Free Solo about the dude who climbed El Capitan without any ropes? That is a cracking documentary if you're bored one evening.

No Tino, I've not watched it. Is it still worth watching if I'm not bored?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Oct 2021, 12:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

No Tino, I've not watched it. Is it still worth watching if I'm not bored?

I don't ever envisage a man as classy as you getting bored, Jules. Too many staff to order around in your gallery.

Some of the other c*nts on here probably do though.

But yes, you should watch it. It is actually better than the flat earth one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm

I've seen it.  It's great and almost beyond comprehension.

Glad you liked Behind the Curve - I've seen it three times now and I'm starting to like the goofy b@stards.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 24 Oct 2021, 7:47 pm

Tino - saw this and thought of you

https://twitter.com/TeeDixie/status/1452308658147237890

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 25 Oct 2021, 9:11 am

Monday morning fist (to the face)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 25 Oct 2021, 9:16 am

Excitedly early for me. Glad I am as I can receive your fist, LiW.

Nice specimen on the spider. Doesn't look like any false widow I've ever seen but I'm no expert. We have loads of false widows here but they all have brown legs and white markings on their abdomen. That one you posted doesn't have those characteristics. Nice looking thing though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 25 Oct 2021, 9:55 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Excitedly early for me. Glad I am as I can receive your fist, LiW.

Nice specimen on the spider. Doesn't look like any false widow I've ever seen but I'm no expert. We have loads of false widows here but they all have brown legs and white markings on their abdomen. That one you posted doesn't have those characteristics. Nice looking thing though.

Morning all.

Yes, it's sort of a similar look to a red back but more stocky and with shorter legs. The dimples are interesting. It just needs a red (or bright orange in younger ones) slash on the abdomen and longer more spindly legs and it could pass for a redback.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Oct 2021, 10:37 am

Morning all.

My brother sent me a video of a solifuge running over his hand and I had the excellent idea of posting it on here with the caption 'my brother's constructing a Tino trap'.  Unfortunately, the video format doesn't seem to be compatible with 606v2, either that or you can't host videos.

I messaged him asking that he send it in a less retarded format but he told me to f*ck off.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 25 Oct 2021, 11:26 am

Galted wrote:Morning all.

My brother sent me a video of a solifuge running over his hand and I had the excellent idea of posting it on here with the caption 'my brother's constructing a Tino trap'.  Unfortunately, the video format doesn't seem to be compatible with 606v2, either that or you can't host videos.

I messaged him asking that he send it in a less retarded format but he told me to f*ck off.

F*ck off Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Oct 2021, 11:34 am

F*ck off Galted.

You should feel honoured that whenever any of us see an invertebrate we think of you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 25 Oct 2021, 11:59 am

Galted wrote:

F*ck off Galted.

You should feel honoured that whenever any of us see an invertebrate we think of you.

I genuinely am. But I don't have any real friends other than 606v2.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Oct 2021, 12:16 pm

Galted wrote:

F*ck off Galted.

I genuinely am. But I don't have any real friends other than 606v2.

In that case I shall gladly f*ck off. I might f*ck back this afternoon, otherwise it'll be tomorrow.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next