The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest of the World

+15
Gooseberry
JDizzle
VTR
dummy_half
Pal Joey
king_carlos
sirfredperry
alfie
Good Golly I'm Olly
Old Man
Soul Requiem
Duty281
msp83
KP_fan
kingraf
19 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Rest of the World - Page 19 Empty Rest of the World

Post by kingraf Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 13:30

First topic message reminder :

Big partnership in the context of the game. If they can add another 20-odd, the lead becomes noteworthy in a low scoring slug fest. As is Jansen showing he may well become a #7, while Keshav is playing with the poise of a man who has 3 Test 50s. Very organised. He probably has done himself a disservice, especially in a South African side both devoid of batsmen and obsessed with pace, in not working a little harder on his batting to be a #7.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Rest of the World - Page 19 Empty Re: Rest of the World

Post by alfie Fri 2 Dec 2022 - 9:09

All out 315 behind. Bit of a collapse after 150/1 which will disappoint them. Starc and Cummins just too good for their later order.

No way they are enforcing a follow on though. Bat the rest of today , quick bash tomorrow , (easy second innings hundred for Warner ) and put WI back in with five sessions left...standard Australian Home Test Template thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 2 Dec 2022 - 11:44

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/dec/02/ricky-ponting-australia-cricket-great-hospital-after-heart-scare

Hopefully Ponting will be alright.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 2 Dec 2022 - 18:48

I dearly hope so. Punter was one of my heroes growing up. As an Englishman it perhaps sums up how poor some of our cricket was then but my two favourite cricketers when a really young kid were probably Punter and Gilly.

There was something about Punter's forward press trigger movement and the ability to drive balls just full of good length or pull balls just short of a length that was just innately cool to a cricket obsessed child.

He's also renowned as already being one of the best batting coaches in cricket as well as one of its most talented young head coaches and a terrific pundit. A giant of the game. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 3 Dec 2022 - 8:25

He's back in the commentary box now so all is well thumbsup

alfie

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 4 Dec 2022 - 3:37

West Indies not offering much resistance today. Lyon removed Mayers and the excellent Brathwaite in the opening hour ; and Holder has just fallen to a brilliant slips catch by Smith off the unlikely bowling of Travis Head .

221/6 off 80 overs and this could be over pretty quickly if Da Silva or Chase fall. Starc and Hazlewood might fancy getting in on the act with a new ball...although Head won't want to give up the ball now !

Suffice to say the tourists have not been chasing the victory target this morning Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 4 Dec 2022 - 5:58

Meanwhile , back here in Perth , Joseph and Chase are making Australia work for their last three wickets...

Partnership of 78 now. Still nearly fifty overs left so Australia won't be fretting too much.

Back comes the Secret Weapon ...Head Smile perhaps on the theory that their eyes might light up...and indeed ! First he gets an edge , dropped by Carey ...and then bowls Joseph !

The End is Surely Nigh ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 4 Dec 2022 - 6:32

Lyon ended with six and Head two as Australia won by 164. Credit West Indies by taking it deep into day five but really they lost it in that first innings collapse on day three.

At least they've unearthed a new opener ...and in the person of a new Chanderpaul !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 4 Dec 2022 - 11:57

Comfortable win for Aus, as we all expected.

Probably less expected is Bangladesh bowling a mostly full-strength India out for 186 in an ODI and looking likely to chase it down.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 4 Dec 2022 - 14:00

Ind concede 54 to the BD last wicket in their highest 10th wicket stand to snatch defeat from the jaws of victors

India have dumped the experienced Ganguly as head of BCCI for politically he is not on the side of ruling party and India's powerful home minister's son controls the money spinning BCCI.

Coach is a gelly like soft , shapeless Dravid who just runs bookish processes and doesn't think its his job to be held responsible for results

Rohit is lacking fitness, batting form and panics very rapidly and gives up as an on-field captain when going gets adverse.

There is no selection comittee...so I presume Shah junior with coach and captain are acting like selectors.

There is no doubting the talent India has....and there are so many quality players visible in experimentation that Ind can put out 3 equally strong teams
But there is not method to converging to a settled squad of 18 by learning results from experiments.
The chopping / changing/ experimentation is going on in a non-converging open loop

Indian cricket is drifting in chaos...and it will show in results
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 6 Dec 2022 - 11:47

Rest of the World - Page 19 New_co11

BCCI is talking to Dhoni, Nehra and Eoin Morgan is the word on the grapevine
Whoever comes in as T20 coach will eventually take over as ODI and tests coach also
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 7 Dec 2022 - 10:47

Another good comeback from Bangladesh today - 69/6 finished up being 271/7, with about 60 runs blasted off the last four overs and a century for Mehidy.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 7 Dec 2022 - 12:21

from 69-6 in 19...India managed to concede 202-1 in next 31 overs
Mehidy Hassan with all of mere 600 runs in 64 ODIs...has scored 150 against India in last 2 games without getting out

Ind conceding the highest 7th wkt partnership against them and BD their highest ever......as only 2nd time a batsman at No.8 or lower cracks an ODI 100

India's coach is weak and captain mentally shot.....as the team is in free fall.
The only silver lining that many fans are seeing....that with a series of tragic results...BCCI will be compelled to make an overhaul...and won't be able to patch up and brush under the carpet
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 7 Dec 2022 - 13:45

This is like an old style Bangladesh team, where their best batsmen lurk from number 8 downwards. Agree this is actually positive for India fans, get someone like Morgan in and you could be looking at an era of dominance rather than these embarrassing performances

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 7 Dec 2022 - 14:29

Bangladesh eventually won by five runs. India may have made a mistake because they held Rohit back due to injury, he didn't come out until the 7th wicket fell, but then he blasted 51 off 28 with five sixes...so he may have been fine? And if they sent him out earlier...they may have won?

Either way it's a great series win for Bangladesh and may give them some confidence ahead of the tests.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 7 Dec 2022 - 14:35

Rohit did enuf to not get fired immediately.
My fear is the level of experimentation , chaos and given mental condition of Rohit...we might lose the test match series.

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 4:19

Day/night match under way... Aussies (Smith) win toss and bat. No Cummins or Hazlewood so Neser and Boland get a game. Carey VC.

West Indies suffering with injuries - no Roach Seales or Mayers. In come Devon Thomas and Marquino Mindley (I know nothing about them ) for debuts , and Anderson Phillip for his second Test. Concussion sub Brooks retains his spot. As if they needed any more problems...WI are facing a huge task here.

Joseph will give it a huge go - has hit Khawaja on the shoulder with a short one but no real alarms in the first few overs. 13/0 after four...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 4:48

Interesting . Joseph gets Warner caught behind for a brisk 21. So the not very welcome sight for West Indies of Labuschagne walking in again has prompted the unusual move of handing the ball to spinner Chase for just the tenth over of the innings...

They would love to see the back of Marnus early . Not sure spin is the ideal way to go at him first up ? We will see.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 5:25

Hmm. The Chase experiment was - mercifully - terminated after three rather poor overs for 20 ; though 'twas Khawaja rather than Labuschagne who took advantage of his gifts. Won't go down as one of Brathwaite's best ideas...

Khawaja is cruising . 45 of the 77/1 from 18 overs.

New boy Mindley was quite lively , though prone to no balls. But it seems he has managed to damage himself in his first two overs and already has left the field looking rather uncomfortable : not what West Indies wanted ! Holder has kept good control , Joseph the most dangerous ...but now here comes Brathwaite himself to bowl . Seems to be a theory about spin ???

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 6:04

Bit of control regained by Phillip , Holder , and Joseph. Chase back for the last over up to lunch...and they are getting through 28 overs which is unusual these dats for a first session !

Khawaja to a polished fifty clap

Lunch. 89/1. Could be a long day in the field for West Indies. Warner might feel he's missed the bus today - this looks a good pitch for batting.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 7:23

Steady , rather than rapid , progress after lunch. 26 runs added in nine overs ; but importantly no wickets lost. And Labuschagne , after a slow start , seems to be ticking over now. 115/1 . UK 62 ML 27.

West Indies in need of a wicket.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 7:41

...and they get one ! Part time bowler Devon Thomas has won a (very marginal) lbw decision to see Khawaja on his way for 62.

129/2. Didn't they need that !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 7:51

It's all happening ! Jason Holder with a sharp C&B and Steve Smith has gone for an 8 ball duck Shocked

131/3

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 8:49

Tea. 189/3 . 55 overs down. Head and Labuschagne motoring along nicely. Lights on after the break so might be interesting last session.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 11:19

Australia totally dominant in this last session. Centuries for Labuschagne (as usual !) and now Head has reached his as well - much faster : just 116 balls. Home crowd delighted as is he thumbsup

312/3 with five overs left in the day. Think we can probably call this match already ...

Though I guess you could almost have called it before the toss Smile. Poor old West Indies not a match for Australia on home soil - even without having lost most of their preferred bowling attack to injuries. Unlucky by the way for Mindley , who damaged his hamstring two overs into his Test debut and hasn't been seen since.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 11:45

T2 is going on the trajectory of T1
Labuschangne's average has risen to 62 over 30 tests and will crooss 3000 runs in 30th test.
That's astronomical
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 8 Dec 2022 - 13:51

Archer concussing Smith was actually one of the best things to happen to Australian cricket.

Seems a harsh day for the West Indies. Got Smith for an 8-ball duck, 131/3 and not too far from a long tail...then an unbeaten 199 stand takes the game almost out of reach.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 5:15

...and going further out of reach by the hour !

394/3 now , both Head and Labuschagne on 148 ...the former from about 120 less deliveries...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 6:01

Amazingly , a wicket has fallen in Adelaide , I see !

Partnership of 297 ended with Labuschagne out at last ...caught behind off part timer Thomas for a mere 163...

436/4 so Australia might be said to be still in a comfortable position Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 7:52

alfie wrote:...and going further out of reach by the hour !  

394/3 now , both Head and Labuschagne on 148 ...the former from about 120 less deliveries...

Fewer, Alfie.  What if Guildford were to read that?

Galted
Galted
Galted

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 8:07

Galted wrote:
alfie wrote:...and going further out of reach by the hour !  

Fewer, Alfie.  What if Guildford were to read that?

Oh yes...I am mortified ! Trust you to pick it up .

Can't even feasibly blame spellchecker for that one Smile

My grammatical perfection rating will take a hit...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 9:05

No worries, good to have each other's backs in these turbulent times.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 9:16

Galted wrote:No worries, good to have each other's backs in these turbulent times.

All good thumbsup

I look forward to your forensic examination of KP_fan's next few posts ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 9:25

alfie wrote:
Galted wrote:No worries, good to have each other's backs in these turbulent times.

All good thumbsup

I look forward to your forensic examination of KP_fan's next few posts ...

Just remembered that I have a lot of work to do.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey and guildfordbat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 9:26

I won't deny its effectiveness, but Australia make 600, opposition make 300, Australia make quick 200, opposition lose by 200 runs is such boring cricket!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 9:59

VTR wrote:I won't deny its effectiveness, but Australia make 600, opposition make 300, Australia make quick 200, opposition lose by 200 runs is such boring cricket!

Even when Australia make 473, opposition make 236, Australia make quick 230, opposition lose by 275... also a bit boring cricket!

Can only beat what they put in front of them I guess. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 10:11

Can't really criticise what works ! But yes , I do rather wish we had a bit more ebb and flow in Tests in this country. It does seem to happen in almost "the usual" manner a bit too often.

Partly Australia are just very good against most touring sides. But I do think the sameness of the pitches (wasn't always this way !) has a bit to do with it.

Didn't honestly expect West Indies to be very competitive . Would have liked to see how they'd have gone batting first but fancy it would still have been fairly one sided.

They do seem to have a good one in Chanderpaul the Younger , so not all disaster thumbsup

alfie

VTR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 10:19

Pal Joey wrote:
VTR wrote:I won't deny its effectiveness, but Australia make 600, opposition make 300, Australia make quick 200, opposition lose by 200 runs is such boring cricket!

Even when Australia make 473, opposition make 236, Australia make quick 230, opposition lose by 275... also a bit boring cricket!

Can only beat what they put in front of them I guess. Very Happy

Yeah, any kind of variation on the template. They are just huge front runner wins where you know the result after day one. I like a bit of jeopardy as a neutral, but if it was my team doing it, I wouldn't really mind

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 10:25

Super over from Boland. Best of the summer so far. A triple wicket maiden. His average is back below 10 again.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 10:32

Extraordinary ! This fellow just keeps on producing these remarkable performances despite not having extreme pace or any obvious miraculous variations...

Is it partly "beginners luck " ? Surely he must get a string of games to see how long he can keep this amazing record going ?

Tough time for Australian pace bowlers - reliant on injuries to move up the queue...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 15:03

The Windies have been listless shooting ducks

Its one sided tests like these that kill spectator interest
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 15:21

Ishan Kishen cracked a double hundred
The fastest in ODIs and had enuf time to get to 300 had he been able to keep focus.....he was a poor man's Pant who has shot ahead of Pant in Peking order now.

With the amount of talent and non stop experimenting...and mess wit coach/ captain selectors....its requires colossal innings like Ishan's or a series of innings like SKY's to seal a slot for ODI world cup

Dhawan may have dropped out of reckoning for good
Fight is between Gill, samson, Iyer, Pant, KL Rahul for 2 slots

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 4:47

This West Indies innings doesn't look like lasting too long today...58/6 now , the proper batsmen all gone...and still a little matter of 438 behind Smile

Afraid this has been a bit too one sided to be really interesting.

Hope the SA series has more competitive action.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 20:04

There was a Super, Super over Drama when Indian Women tied chasing 187 thru a last ball boundary
And somehow set a target of an improbable 22 for Aus W that wasn't achieved.
Drama of type I haven't seen before in women cricket
Healthy crowd of 45,000 cheering women until 11PM
Good to see as Women's IPL coming soon
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 22:16

KP_fan wrote:There was a Super, Super over Drama when Indian Women tied chasing 187 thru a last ball boundary
And somehow set a target of an improbable 22 for Aus W that wasn't achieved.
Drama of type I haven't seen before in women cricket
Healthy crowd of 45,000 cheering women until 11PM
Good to see as Women's IPL coming soon

That sounds like a fun finish ! Afraid with two Tests at once and. Football WC I've been almost unaware of the various women's white ball games going on ; but it seems the current India/Australia contests are probably worth watching thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 12 Dec 2022 - 11:01

I wasn't following that either until in the evening I saw my twitter feed with hashtag IND-AUS & tweets from Lisa Sthalker, Bhogle and ICC & I popped into CI to check what it was about
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 14 Dec 2022 - 6:05

Ind at 85-3 at Lunch
Pant yet again India's best batsman so far.
India needed to have Washington in the squad snd then in playing 11

Top order doesn't look settled or solid
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 14 Dec 2022 - 8:10

The Chittagong ( now Chattogram) pitch is sluggish....ball not coming on to the bat & outfield slow..whihc means batting time is not diffcult but scoring runs is very hard

Most batters fell..trying to force the pace or early into the stroke...which makes Pant's 45 ball 46 quite special.

The time for Pujara scoring at 1.5RPO is dated ....India needs more hard hitting stroke players like SKY and Ishan to break thru even in tests....and to get the game moving....like Iyer is trying to do now

Not having Washington is a mistake....although since BD would be batting 4th.....I would say although not comprehensively India will win this one in the end.
The pitch will wear with every passing session
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 14 Dec 2022 - 10:24

3rd session and ball is misbehaving...

a reversing delivery kept low was missing leg
another reversing delivery rather low... bowled Iyers but bails did not fail...so he was saved...guess that's how the word clean bowled was coined...this bowled was not clean.

and now a SLA turns right across Pujara and clean bowls him....not easy for a SLA to get such a dismissal against RHB

Pujara goes about 65 inning without a 100...but did redeem himself in second half of his inning.

As I write another one juts scooted on the ground
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 14 Dec 2022 - 10:50

BD dropped catches....were unlucky with bails not falling and did not generally build enuf pressure to choke India...and yet the scorecard does not look too bad for them at 278-6
A tighter / smarter side would have bundled Ind for 250
Ind would look to get to 350.....with Ashwin still there and Indian bowlers can get 10s and 15s on such pitches
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 15 Dec 2022 - 12:04

a one sided day in Chittagong...as scorecard suggests
Nothing much to write about
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content