The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
seanmichaels
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Feb 2022, 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Bustard tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Feb 2022, 8:04 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

Make sure you glue the cat down... if you can catch it.

If the going gets tough she'll probably glue herself to my neck with her claws.

Sad to see that all the UK posters have likely died in the storm.  I will miss them with varying degrees of sadness.

Bunch of blow-ins and blowhards the lot of them. Blow them all.

However, on a less harsher note...

Tino is probably rounding up the chooks.
Super is probably powering on regardless.
Jules is probably moving his tennis trophy into the basement.
rIcK is probably not too worried about it.
LiW is probably checking the Marple Aqueduct.
Duty is probably weighing up the odds.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Feb 2022, 8:27 am

The staff are moving my art collection to the bunker.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Feb 2022, 8:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:The staff are moving my art collection to the bunker.

Woe betide anyone who bends your comic books the wrong way!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:00 am

Morning

Marple Aqueduct, the tallest aqueduct in England, is safe and sound (and about 1 mile from where I live). Weather is actually OK here, its just everywhere else that is windy

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:13 am

Pal Joey wrote:

I'm quite concerned that the staples will get rusty.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:21 am

lostinwales wrote:Morning

Marple Aqueduct, the tallest aqueduct in England, is safe and sound (and about 1 mile from where I live). Weather is actually OK here, its just everywhere else that is windy

Same round this way, only drama we've had was from my kid when I refused him a bag of Tangastics for breakfast.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:23 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I'm quite concerned that the staples will get rusty.

You'll probably want to staple a few peasants to the greenhouse to prevent any flying debris from damaging the glass.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:23 am

lostinwales wrote:Morning

Had to google it but I remember you mentioned you live nearby it.
Yes, I see the winds are mostly in the South and the power has been knocked out in parts of Devon and Cornwall.

Here, I'm happy. Ceiling repaired, patched and painted a few other areas. Extra coat on a few walls. Outside door painted a different colour. Quite like that fresh paint aroma. It has been so hot the last few days but I refrained from going to the beach. One of the painters (a Brazilian bloke) showed me the gory video on his phone. I couldn't watch... felt sick. So I stayed here and went for lots of swims instead. Also made the perfect homemade hamburger for lunch. The secret (in my opinion) is a good number of ingredients (10-12 things) but not too much of anything.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 18 Feb 2022, 11:13 am

Saw the video on twitter. Didn't know what it was until later, but quite something.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Feb 2022, 11:36 am

lostinwales wrote:Saw the video on twitter. Didn't know what it was until later, but quite something.

PJ puts his hamburger making videos on t**tter?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Feb 2022, 11:49 am

Pal Joey wrote:

That is actually pretty close to the truth. Pretty funny watching them basically fly whenever they come out for some food. They are all hunkered down in the coop now. I don't think they'll come out till the weather improves.

It is blowing a bit round here but I've seen worse.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:01 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

That is actually pretty close to the truth. Pretty funny watching them basically fly whenever they come out for some food. They are all hunkered down in the coop now. I don't think they'll come out till the weather improves.

Watched that Bruce Lee movie late last year; The Way of the Dragon, which was shot in Rome.

I'm pretty sure towards the end when he's knocking Chuck Norris around in a scene near some steps in the Colosseum (you can't see the top of the steps) somebody throws a cat down the steps. I rewound it and froze the images a few times. It was quite cruel and funny at the same time.

I think they were trying to express some sort of disruption caused by Lee's moves which shocked the dozy cats hanging about the ruins. It sort of lands on the side of its face and then rolls down onto the concourse where they are fighting. I didn't see any mention of "no animals were abused during the making of this film" in the credits at the end.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:05 pm

lostinwales wrote:Saw the video on twitter. Didn't know what it was until later, but quite something.

Horrific with the sound on.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:08 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

PJ puts his hamburger making videos on t**tter?

Horrific with the sound on.  

Yeah, I need to turn the gas down to stop all the fat splattering around the hobs.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:38 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Watched that Bruce Lee movie late last year; The Way of the Dragon, which was shot in Rome.

I'm pretty sure towards the end when he's knocking Chuck Norris around in a scene near some steps in the Colosseum (you can't see the top of the steps) somebody throws a cat down the steps. I rewound it and froze the images a few times. It was quite cruel and funny at the same time.

I think they were trying to express some sort of disruption caused by Lee's moves which shocked the dozy cats hanging about the ruins. It sort of lands on the side of its face and then rolls down onto the concourse where they are fighting. I didn't see any mention of "no animals were abused during the making of this film" in the credits at the end.

Probably Kurt Zouma.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:43 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Probably Kurt Zouma.

Early 70s, so it could be a near relative who got a gig with the film crew.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 18 Feb 2022, 2:15 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Probably Kurt Zouma.

A cat being chucked down a few steps was nothing compared to what happened in films some years earlier. 125 horses were trip wired in the closing scenes of The Charge of The Light Brigade made in 1936. 25 of them were killed outright or had to be put down. Public outrage kicked off the legislation to protect animals in motion pictures.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Feb 2022, 2:19 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Probably Kurt Zouma.

A cat being chucked down a few steps was nothing compared to what happened in films some years earlier. 125 horses were trip wired in the closing scenes of The Charge of The Light Brigade made in 1936. 25 of them were killed outright or had to be put down. Public outrage kicked off the legislation to protect animals in motion pictures.      

Probably Kurt Zouma.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 18 Feb 2022, 2:21 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Probably Kurt Zouma.

Honour the charge they made.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 Feb 2022, 9:20 am

Fist.

Bit windy this morning, don't know if it's got a name.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Feb 2022, 9:44 am

Sicond. Pretty sure it's called wind (pronounced 'wind', not 'wind', obviously).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 Feb 2022, 9:50 am

Cheers, I knew it started with a 'w'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Feb 2022, 10:17 am

Galted wrote:Cheers, I knew it started with a 'w'.

Anker.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Feb 2022, 10:43 am

Franklin.

We were about half a foot from getting flooded, but all good now a friend sent a video of her parents neighbor's gardens disappearing into the river, which now means their houses have to be demolished.

How are we all today?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 Feb 2022, 10:57 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Franklin.

We were about half a foot from getting flooded, but all good now a friend sent a video of her parents neighbor's gardens disappearing into the river, which now means their houses have to be demolished.  

How are we all today?

Not bad thanks, glad your home is still standing.

Coming to terms with losing Jonron and El Tigre last night, but the fight goes on.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Feb 2022, 11:06 am

Galted wrote:

How are we all today?

Coming to terms with losing Jonron and El Tigre last night, but the fight goes on.

Finished defacing all the statues in the capital, yesterday, colouring the map in before the final mission... Then the DLC

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 Feb 2022, 11:40 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

How are we all today?

Finished defacing all the statues in the capital, yesterday, colouring the map in before the final mission... Then the DLC

Didn't realise you were still playing or I'd have offered a spoiler alert, though I'd assume you're ahead of where I am.  Can't tell exactly how far in I am as I get distracted by everything it's possible to be distracted by.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 21 Feb 2022, 11:42 am

I am not the northern railway services, I am merely trying to use them

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Feb 2022, 12:09 pm

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

How are we all today?

Didn't realise you were still playing or I'd have offered a spoiler alert, though I'd assume you're ahead of where I am.  Can't tell exactly how far in I am...

Good. Don't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Feb 2022, 1:03 pm

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

How are we all today?

Didn't realise you were still playing or I'd have offered a spoiler alert, though I'd assume you're ahead of where I am.  Can't tell exactly how far in I am as I get distracted by everything it's possible to be distracted by.

No worries, i expect to finish it this week then crack on with the Vaas DLC

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Feb 2022, 1:52 pm

It's a shame neither Galted nor riCk were Jamal Edwards.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 Feb 2022, 2:19 pm

I tried going back to the sniper rifle for a while but it takes so long to load and isn't noticeably more accurate than the other rifle I used.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 21 Feb 2022, 2:29 pm

We should develop a version of Cluedo where Galted is always the victim and the rest of us take guesses at who the killer was and how they did it.

Jules, in the Conservatory, with a cutting put down.
Tina, in the stables, with a venomous rabbit.
Dave, in the street, with the skull of a murdered prostitute.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Feb 2022, 2:33 pm

Galted wrote:I tried going back to the sniper rifle for a while but it takes so long to load and isn't noticeably more accurate than the other rifle I used.

Sorry Galted, had to be done.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:06 pm

Galted wrote:I tried going back to the sniper rifle for a while but it takes so long to load and isn't noticeably more accurate than the other rifle I used.

Stuck with the sniper, but I have swapped out my Bow for a shotgun for the city, as the sewer crocs are getting on my Bristols.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:20 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

Stuck with the sniper, but I have swapped out my Bow for a shotgun for the city, as the sewer crocs are getting on my Bristols.

rIck, you're dangerously close to following Galted out the door.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:23 pm

Perfectly understandable, Jules, I will try and rein it in.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:33 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Perfectly understandable, Jules, I will try and rein it in.

Yes, you need to controller yourself.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Perfectly understandable, Jules, I will try and rein it in.

Yes, you need to controller yourself.

He can console himself with the fact that he is otherwise a relatively respected poster.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Feb 2022, 4:02 pm

Cheers, guys, means a lot ,though if it helps, tomorrow's date is both a palindrome and an ambigram.

I am sure Peej, will be prepping for the party

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 21 Feb 2022, 4:12 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's a shame neither Galted nor riCk were Jamal Edwards.

Heard on the radio that he had died. Liked his stuff with Eric Sykes although thought his handlebar moustache would have gone to the barber in the sky years ago.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 Feb 2022, 7:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Sorry Galted, had to be done.

L*l out loud, you b*stard.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Feb 2022, 8:34 am

Fitting that my long walk to freedom has resulted in a fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 22 Feb 2022, 8:53 am

Sicond.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Feb 2022, 9:02 am

I'm impressed that you find the time to post on here while invading the Ukraine.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 22 Feb 2022, 9:26 am

I'm Putin on the Ritz.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Feb 2022, 9:43 am

Don't know why no-one else is Russian to acknowledge that one, I thought it was funny.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 22 Feb 2022, 9:46 am

Tird.  Someone not laughing at your pun? Crimea river.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Feb 2022, 9:56 am

Kyiv him a break, ffs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 22 Feb 2022, 11:57 am

Everyone else has chickened out of Kiev puns.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next