The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New film coming soon....

+7
JAS
JuliusHMarx
dynamark
incontinentia
Soul Requiem
super_realist
I'm never wrong
11 posters

Go down

New film coming soon.... Empty New film coming soon....

Post by I'm never wrong Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:46 pm

Just seen an advert for a new film premiering on 18th March. Called The Phantom of the Open it's about Maurice Flitcroft. Guess it's about his attempts to play the Open. Stars Mark Rylance.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

New film coming soon.... Empty Re: New film coming soon....

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:56 am

I'm never wrong wrote:Just seen an advert for a new film premiering on 18th March. Called The Phantom of the Open it's about Maurice Flitcroft. Guess it's about his attempts to play the Open. Stars Mark Rylance.

Given its got Rylance in it it will probably have some woke agenda.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:02 am

super_realist wrote:
I'm never wrong wrote:Just seen an advert for a new film premiering on 18th March. Called The Phantom of the Open it's about Maurice Flitcroft. Guess it's about his attempts to play the Open. Stars Mark Rylance.

He's well known for being in woke films isn't he?

The film itself looks half decent, should have some amusing bits in it.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:19 am

super_realist wrote:

All of Hollywood is woke. Virtue signalling douchebags.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:26 am

Surprised they didn't make Flitcroft a black, transgendered, lesbian, disabled woman.

Without a doubt there will be some "message" about inclusion, elitism, diversity and "fighting the establishment". Its already been done by Eddie the Eagle so another sport, another formulaic film.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:45 am

Looking forward to that one of my golfing heros.They will have a chance to get all the period detail correct ,clothing,cars etc.If they would like my help I have a half set of pinseekers some penfold ace balls ,farah slacks and a couple of proper pringle sweaters.
Could be very entertaining for the likes of us

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:51 am

I enjoyed the eddie the eagle film ,it was embellished but essentially the guy was a plasterer from cheltenham and he was actually a decent skier but not quite good enough to make the regular team. Met him at Gloucester hotel we were on a golf weekend and he used the dry slope for training.Chatting at the bar and he mentioned he was looking for sponsors but we said privately 'no chance he'll never get to be well known' how very wrong

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:30 am

super_realist wrote:Surprised they didn't make Flitcroft a black, transgendered, lesbian, disabled woman.

Without a doubt there will be some "message" about inclusion, elitism, diversity and "fighting the establishment". Its already been done by Eddie the Eagle so another sport, another formulaic film.

Maybe you could make your own racist, misogynistic indie films, with your own message.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:42 am

I dont want to see such films.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:38 pm

I see woke has been updated in the dictionary
Woke = [Pron woak] Adj, Being of a different political and cultural persuasion of Super Realist on 606v2 forum.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:40 pm

JAS wrote:I see woke has been updated in the dictionary
Woke = [Pron woak] Adj, Being of a different political and cultural persuasion of Super Realist on 606v2 forum.

Not at all. Im fine with the woke aspect in relation to race, equality etc its all the rest of the demonstrably stupid stuff attached to it that irks me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:12 pm

Just a little side story from the weekend at Gloucester hotel and golf.My pal came along for the skiing but he had never played golf before decent rugby player and very tidy skier so we got him on the course sunday morning .On the first tee in front of the starter he had a whiff and pretended it was a practice shot then he got one thinned away.The round progressed and he got better and better standing on the 18th tee he needed a par 4 for a round of 99.The 18th was about 300 yds downhill steep you could kick it 200 yards off the tee .end of story he missed a 5 ft putt and made 5 but excellent effort for first ever 18 holes. Sadly passed away in his 50s and about 600 people came to the funeral.

dynamark

LadyPutt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:58 pm

super_realist wrote:

Not at all. Im fine with the woke aspect in relation to race, equality etc its all the rest of the demonstrably stupid stuff attached to it that irks me.
Did you hear that Snow White is now going to be played by a Latina actress? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Peter Dinklage is kicking up about the Dwarf aspect.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:15 pm

super_realist wrote:

What are you including in "the rest of the demonstrably stupid stuff".

On the movie, I'm unlikely to watch it. Sports movies are generally terrible.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:16 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Did you hear that Snow White is now going to be played by a Latina actress? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Snow White is fictional, don't think it matters who can play her.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:17 pm

My kids used to watch Bing. Invoiced by Mark Rylance, wasn't woke, I don't think. The panda took his clothes off a lot.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:20 pm

Just seen its written by Simon Farnaby. Very good comedy writer.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:35 am

beninho wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

She's called Snow White due to her skin.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by ralphjohn69 Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:19 pm

incontinentia wrote:
beninho wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

She's called Snow White due to her skin.

It would be similar to having Black Beauty depicted by a white horse, ie. utterly stupid.

ralphjohn69

LadyPutt and incontinentia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:37 pm

It's Rachel Zegler, she was born in New Jersey. Surely only an absolute moron would have an issue with her.

I watched the David Cooper Copperfield film, with Dev Patel. It didn't make the film unwatchable.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:48 pm

Saw a ad for the film today and the clips the showed were quite promising pukka period costume etc.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:43 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Why absolutely look for an actress when we don't know if that person identifies as a male?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:36 am

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Dinklage is a dwarf, he seems to be getting upset these days as being portrayed as one. Whats next? Him getting a role playing Michael Jordan?

super_realist

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:01 pm

This is pretty gross but true .My firm did a big bar refurb in Rhyl years ago ,Brunels Bar on the seafront and on the night the job was done the lads had a dwarf throwing contest with a real live dwarf in the bar.Grim.
That was the same year we did the sealife centre in Blackpool and we had painters in a dinghy in the shark tank painting the ceiling.If you made a film noone would believe it but its true.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down