The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davis vs Romero - it won't go the distance...

2 posters

Go down

Davis vs Romero - it won't go the distance... Empty Davis vs Romero - it won't go the distance...

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 18 May 2022, 4:38 pm

Gervonta Davis finally faces his number 1 WBA Lightweight title contender in Rolando Romero on 28th May. Rolly is a big puncher and so is Davis. If you believe his pre-fight trash talk it seems that Romero is supremely confident that he has Davis' number. Davis however does punch like a racehorse kicking you in the face - if Romero's power and boasts are up to the level he's claiming to be at, this could be a very interesting fight.

Davis has not really had a tough back and forth fight against a decent puncher so I would like to see what happens when he actually gets a big shot on the chin. If he's as good as he thinks, he should make short work of Romero. However, I have a feeling that this will be a much tougher fight for Davis and we could potentially see an upset unless he's on his A game. Davis' team have been guilty of matching him "easy" against lighter-punching smaller opponents (presumably to keep the "0" and the highlights reel going - so an easy victory is by no means assured here.

I think Davis wins this with a much harder than expected late rounds KO - about 9 or 10, and he may hit the canvas himself. Like this fight!!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Davis vs Romero - it won't go the distance... Empty Re: Davis vs Romero - it won't go the distance...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 May 2022, 4:42 pm

Marinez is the only real opponent Romero has faced and that went the distance ...

Pretty much a novice isn't he....Davis wins and I hope he does anyway not sure I like what Romero gets up to outside the ring.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Davis vs Romero - it won't go the distance... Empty Re: Davis vs Romero - it won't go the distance...

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 19 May 2022, 1:28 pm

To be fair Truss, they're both unpleasant outside of the ring and I don't particularly like either of them.

But I'm here for the fight, and it looks like it could be a proper tear-up as Nigel Benn used to say. I just have this feeling that Romero might surprise Davis, and whilst he may not win, it is possible that Davis might have a tougher fight than his usually blowing out an over-matched stiff.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down