The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST

+2
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 26 May 2022, 11:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have announced 15 players who will make up the squad for the first game of the T20 competition. Chris Jordan returns to The Kia Oval, where he came through the academy, and will skipper the team. Jason Roy, Sam Curran and Ollie Pope are all named in the squad, as is West Indian Sunil Narine.
There is no place in the squad for Ben Foakes or Ryan Patel
Full Squad:
Chris Jordan (C)
Gus Atkinson
Rory Burns
Jordan Clark
Sam Curran
Laurie Evans
Will Jacks
Dan Moriarty
Sunil Narine
Jamie Overton
Kieron Pollard
Ollie Pope
Jason Roy
Jamie Smith
Reece Topley
Dan Worrall
Christ almighty how do you pick the four to miss out  Headscratch here goes Atkinson, Burns Smith and Possibly Moriarty, the latter would be harsh but with Narine available and Jacks to bowl maybe 2 spinners is enough.
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Thu 09 Jun 2022, 5:35 pm; edited 7 times in total

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 Jun 2022, 4:37 pm

And now it starts raining again! mad

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Jun 2022, 4:56 pm

Need to sort our batting line up out, no way Overton should be coming in after Clark and no way should Smith be batting after Clark and Jordan warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Jun 2022, 5:14 pm

No result
1 point each

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 Jun 2022, 5:44 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:1 point each

Yeah. Content to take that and head home. Might have got away with one today, particularly if it had restarted with reduced overs for Glam to bat and biff.

In his six t20 knocks this season (including against the Sri Lanka kiddies XI), Roy has a top score of 28. I realise he can't be on fire every time but once would be nice!

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Mon 06 Jun 2022, 10:39 am

Was unable to watch any of this game live but have since watched the end of the Surrey innings and start of the Glamorgan one back on YouTube. The commentators, hugely superior to the ones Surrey are using on YouTube by the way, seemed to think 160 was a good score on that wicket so in that respect I feel a little disappointed we couldn't try to defend it. However, once rain had intervened, it seems DLS would have set Glamorgan quite a modest task so I'm happy enough to take the point. I was glad to see Moriarty back in the side although that was probably a no brainer at Cardiff.

Still early in the season of course but I'd be very disappointed if we can't qualify for the knock out from the group this season. Tempting fate and on the day anyone can beat anyone but do you guys agree a few of the South Group teams are a bit weaker than usual this year ? and is the North Group stronger now ?

Voice of the Beehive

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 06 Jun 2022, 10:57 am

Agree re: groups Beehive - with the caveats it is early in the competition of course!
Hampshire and Kent being bad is a bit of a surprise I would say, usually Hampshire in particular are a solid outfit in the Blast, but so far this year have struggled immensely.

Will be a massive disappointment if we don't make finals day this year I say.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 07 Jun 2022, 5:04 pm

Squad unchanged for Sussex Sharks

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 07 Jun 2022, 7:39 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Squad unchanged for Sussex Sharks

Swap Worrall back in? That would totally hack Moriarty off after he didn't get to bowl in Wales! Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 07 Jun 2022, 10:03 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:Squad unchanged for Sussex Sharks

Swap Worrall back in? That would totally hack Moriarty off after he didn't get to bowl in Wales! Smile
At least he got to bat Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Jun 2022, 7:24 pm

Embarrassing fielding from Surrey so far tonight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Jun 2022, 8:11 pm

But some very good death bowling!

147 to win - 23-0 off the first 2 overs in reply. Be very disappointed if we don’t knock these off!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Jun 2022, 8:19 pm

Will Jacks is definitely my favourite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 10:52 am

yep ruthless with the bat but as olly said very sloppy with the fielding ( Polllard & Narine SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/ GLOUCSTERSHIRE/ HAMPSHIRE/ KENT/ GLAMORGAN/ SUSSEX SHARKS/ MIDDLESEX T20 VITALITY BLAST - Page 2 1f440

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 10:52 am

Squad unchanged for Middlesex tonight

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Thu 09 Jun 2022, 11:42 am

Do any of you know the situation regarding Sam Curran bowling ? Alternate matches maybe ?

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 11:51 am

Voice of the Beehive wrote:Do any of you know the situation regarding Sam Curran bowling ?  Alternate matches maybe ?

looks like it beehive, must be a ECB decision

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 5:58 pm

6.25 start now due to rain

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 6:04 pm

Middlesex win toss and bowl
Surrey unchanged

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Jun 2022, 6:55 pm

Alex Tudor on comms almost has you wishing for Don Topley.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 09 Jun 2022, 7:39 pm

Not out? Erm

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 8:10 pm

Just as Jason finds form we lose him Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Jun 2022, 8:26 pm

13 boundaries conceded in the first five overs is abysmal

Gonna need a Narine special here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Jun 2022, 8:41 pm

Is umpire Pollard blind? How on earth did he miss Eskinazi being bowled them that LBW against Morgan???
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Jun 2022, 8:59 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:13 boundaries conceded in the first five overs is abysmal

Gonna need a Narine special here

Narine was something special last night against Sussex. Been an excellent Blast signing. So consistent and economical.

And now a second wicket for him tonight. First time he's taken more than 1 wicket in a Blast game for Surrey. Really does get wickets for others though by keeping it dry throughout his 4 overs leading to the batters trying to compensate against the seamers and making mistakes.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 9:28 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Alex Tudor on comms almost has you wishing for Don Topley.
the Z list in the commentary box for sky tonight, for a competition they no longer care about.

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Thu 09 Jun 2022, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 9:44 pm

Another win Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 09 Jun 2022, 9:49 pm

We got off to a flyer, got into trouble and then got out of it.

Anyway, take another Blast win, put the feet up for a day and head to Somerset for the 4 dayer starting Sunday.

The stand out feature of Surrey's cricket in both formats this season has been the catching. Excellent takes from Curran and Evans tonight. Absolute screamer by Jacks last night.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 09 Jun 2022, 9:56 pm

guildfordbat wrote:We got off to a flyer, got into trouble and then got out of it.

Anyway, take another Blast win, put the feet up for a day and head to Somerset for the 4 dayer starting Sunday.

The stand out feature of Surrey's cricket in both formats this season has been the catching. Excellent takes from Curran and Evans tonight. Absolute screamer by Jacks last night.

I've nearly forgotten what a new thread looks like Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:25 am

Before this thread finally closes, who do you all think will replace Roy, Curran and Topley when they go off to play for their lesser team ?

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun 2022, 11:49 am

Voice of the Beehive wrote:Before this thread finally closes, who do you all think will replace Roy, Curran and Topley when they go off to play for their lesser team ?  

Hi Beehive - Ha! Smile

Some guesses. Replacing Curran and Topley - almost definitely Clark plus Atkinson or Moriarty depending on the track (for the Oval atm, I would think Atkinson).

For Roy - hmmm. My own preference would be Patel given his improvement in both form and power hitting. However, given Burns is the only unused batter who has been in every Blast squad this season, now would seem to be his time. That needn't mean he opens though - maybe Narine for that.

Going back to your post the other day about Sam - I've heard no formal explanation why he isn't regularly bowling but, in line with Olly's response, suspect it's all to do with him being eased back following his back injury and that being carefully/? overly managed by the ECB. It'll be interesting to see how much he bowls for England against the Dutch.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 10 Jun 2022, 3:49 pm

outside shout for Geddes to open

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat and Voice of the Beehive like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Sat 11 Jun 2022, 1:35 am

jimbobgooner wrote:outside shout for Geddes to open

I wouldn't be averse to seeing him get another chance even though it didn't quite come off for him last year. As guildford said I imagine they'll go for Burns, I think maybe in a floating role. If they do go for Burns down the order somewhere I think Jamie Smith could do a decent job opening.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2