The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 England v New Zealand Tipping Competition

+9
guildfordbat
JDizzle
James100
Soul Requiem
Afro
Duty281
Mind the windows Tino.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2022 England v New Zealand Tipping Competition - Page 2 Empty 2022 England v New Zealand Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed 01 Jun 2022, 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

The 2022 England v New Zealand Test Series Tipping Competition Rules:

The Rules:

Pick 2 (two) batsmen and 2 (two) bowlers from both England and New Zealand who you think will score the most runs and take the most wickets.
You get both batting and bowling points per innings so a bowler who scores runs has both batting and bowling scores added together.
e.g.
Root, Stokes, Broad, Anderson
Williamson, Conway, Jamieson, Southee

Pick 1 (one) fielder from each team; excluding wicket keepers for most catches in each match.
It can be a bowler (for c&b) if you want.
e.g.
Pope, Mitchell

Select which wicket keeper will take the greatest number of catches, stumpings and run outs combined for each Test.
If a wicket keeper is injured then the replacement keeper's figures shall be used.
e.g.
England (Foakes) or New Zealand (Blundell) or the same number of dismissals.

Predict the Toss:
a) Who wins the toss?
e.g.
England

b) Winning captain's decision - bat or field?
e.g.
Bat

a) Predict the 1st Test result.
e.g.
England or New Zealand or Draw

Selections must be posted a minimum one (1) hour before the commencement of each Test. No PM reminders shall be sent.

Scoring:

1 point for every run scored by your nominated batsmen. Add together for each Test.
Bonus 25 points for 100 runs.
extra 30 points for 150 runs.
extra 45 points for 200 runs.
extra 60 points for 250 runs.
extra 125 bonus points for 300+ runs.

Note: the batting & bowling score bonuses accumulate so;

Batting: (per innings)
100 runs = 125 points. A player scores 137 runs + 25 = 162 points.
150 runs = 205 points. A player scores 177 runs + 25 + 30 = 232 points.
200 runs = 300 points. A player scores 243 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 = 343 points.
250 runs = 410 points. A player scores 282 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 + 60 = 442 points
300+ runs = 585 points. A player scores 321 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 125 = 606 points.

Bowling: (per innings)
25 points per wicket with a bonus 50 points for a 5-fer.
An extra 30 points for 6-fer, 45 for 7-fer, 60 for 8-fer, 75 for 9-fer.
An extra 100 bonus points for a 10-fer.

5 wickets = 125 points + 50 = 175 points
6 wickets = 150 points + 50 + 30 = 230 points.
7 wickets = 175 points + 50 + 30 + 45 = 300 points
8 wickets = 200 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 = 385 points
9 wickets = 225 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 75 = 485 points
10 wickets = 250 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 75 + 100 = 610 points

Caught and bowled = 25 points for the wicket + 25 bonus points for the catch = 50 points.

Fielder catches: Your nominated fieldsman earns you 25 points per catch and 25 points for a run out.

Wicket keepers: 50 points for correct selection for most dismissals across both innings.
Or if you think the wicket keepers will take the same number of total dismissals per innings - then nominate "the same" = 50 points.
If they take the same number of catches and stumpings (combined) and you've picked either one of the keepers - then you earn 25 points only.

a) Correctly predict who wins the toss = 25 points
b) Correctly predict what the winning Captain decides to do = 25 points - only for those with part a) above correct; no points if your a) was incorrect.

a) Correctly predict the winning team for each Test match = 125 points.
b) If you guess all 3 Test match outcomes correctly then there is a further 125 point bonus = 375 + 125 = 500 points.
Note: Correctly predict a "Draw" = 125 points

If one (or more) of your selected players gets injured during a match or is dropped from the Test side after a match, then you’ll have the opportunity to select replacement players – either as it happens - for the injured player or before the next Test commences (for a player who gets dropped).
It doesn’t have to be the actual substitute player – it can be somebody else already in the team. However, you don’t receive any of their previous points up until the point of the replacement of the injured player from the field – you must start accumulating points from scratch with them.

June 2-6, 2022: 1st Test at Lord's. England won by 5 wickets (1-0)

June 10-14, 2022: 2nd Test at Trent Bridge. England won by 5 wickets (2-0)

June 23-27, 2022: 3rd Test at Headingley. England won by 7 wickets (3-0)

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon 27 Jun 2022, 11:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Duty281 and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

2022 England v New Zealand Tipping Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 England v New Zealand Tipping Competition

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 10 Jun 2022, 7:30 am

Lees, Root, Broad, Anderson
Young, Mitchell, Henry, Jamieson (Southee)

Crawley, Southee

Foakes

ENG bat

NZ win

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

2022 England v New Zealand Tipping Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 England v New Zealand Tipping Competition

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 10 Jun 2022, 8:00 am

Root, Stokes, Potts, Anderson

Latham, Nichols, Jamieson, Southee

Bairstow, Mitchell

Foakes

England and bowl

England win

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 8:25 am

Thanks everyone. Changes for Williamson above - noted. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun 2022, 8:46 am

England - Root, Pope, Broad, Anderson
New Zealand - Conway, Nicholls, Southee, Jameison

England - Root
New Zealand - Mitchell

Ben Foakes

Predict the Toss: England win the toss and bat

England win
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Fri 10 Jun 2022, 9:37 am

Root, Stokes, Broad, Anderson
Conway, Latham, Boult, Jameison

Pope, Latham

Blundell

NZ, bat

NZ win

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Jun 2022, 9:45 am

England - Root & Bairstow / Broad & Anderson
New Zealand - Conway & Mitchell / Southee & Jameison

England: Root
New Zealand: Southee

Ben Foakes

England win the toss and bat

England win

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:12 am

Cheers Olly, James and Tino. OK

Just waiting for KC now.

JD - who do you want for your Kiwi catcher instead of Kane?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:15 am

Pal Joey wrote:Cheers Olly, James and Tino.  OK

Thanks to you, Pee Jay. You do all the actual work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:28 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Thanks to you, Pee Jay. You do all the actual work.

Thanks mate. It's really quite easy now that I've refined the method. Can plug in everyone's picks really quickly now.

Did some other outside work today. Pruned back this orange flowering plant (trumpet vine or venusta) which really grows out of control in summer.
It was such a tortured and twisted brute but now it's at its most vulnerable in winter. So I attacked it this afternoon. Found it easy to cut and untangle it but it did some damage to my finger (developed a blister) during the snipping the off-cuts into the big green bin stage.

I got a bit carried away (as the sun was going down) and I was not wearing gloves. So I'm typing without the use of that particular finger... the one next to my pinky. I've already ripped off the blister and it's still a bit raw.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:32 am

Only Soul got both the toss and decision right.  clap
England win the toss and will have a bowl.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:35 am

So Nicholls, Bracewell and Henry are in for NZ.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:37 am

Pal Joey wrote:Only Soul got both the toss and decision right.  clap

I was literally watching Nasser, Goughie and then Simon Doull talking about the toss. Decided to change my pick from England bat to England bowl and as I started to walk back, to the PC, Stokes is tossing the coin. Too late!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:45 am

Guildford - Nicholls, Mitchell, Jamieson, Southee - Mitchell catcher as per above
Duty - Mitchell as catcher as per above
JD - still need your replacement catcher
Pal Joey - no Wagner... so I'll go for Henry (not Jamieson)
Lowland - Young, Mitchell, Henry, Jamieson (Southee as catcher) as per above

If anyone wants to make a last minute change; i.e. include Bracewell or Henry let me know asap.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Lowlandbrit likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:49 am

I was literally watching Nasser, Goughie and then Simon Doull talking about the toss. Decided to change my pick from England bat to England bowl and as I started to walk back, to the PC, Stokes is tossing the coin. Too late!

I was about to ask Soul if he had a reason for his selection. Looks quite sunny or is there some cloud beginning to roll in?

You still got the 25 points for Joe winning the toss - along with alfie, JD, Olly, Duty, Lowland and GB.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:57 am

Pal Joey wrote:

I was about to ask Soul if he had a reason for his selection. Looks quite sunny or is there some cloud beginning to roll in?

There is some cloud and the pitch has a tinge of green. Also days 2 & 3 are probably peak batting conditions. Today may be the best time to bowl. Jimmy and Broady both love it here as well.

I knew all this before the game but still picked us to bat!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:58 am

KC, if you're otherwise engaged at present - don't worry too much.

I'll use your (batting and bowling) picks from the first test (with Nicholls in for Kane)
Root (catcher), Stokes, Broad, Anderson
Nicholls, Conway, Jamieson, Southee - Latham catcher
Let us know you wicket keeper and match result as soon as you can.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:59 am

Pal Joey wrote:

You still got the 25 points for Joe winning the toss - along with alfie, JD, Olly, Duty, Lowland and GB.

It felt like a bowl first day, very humid at the moment so should aid swing early on. England will also be buoyed from chasing last time out.

Soul Requiem

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun 2022, 11:56 am

Soul should have points deducted for that decision. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 10 Jun 2022, 12:15 pm

Looking like a Ponting in 2005 decision.

Soul Requiem

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 10 Jun 2022, 1:15 pm

Pal Joey wrote:KC, if you're otherwise engaged at present - don't worry too much.

I'll use your (batting and bowling) picks from the first test (with Nicholls in for Kane)

Hi PJ

Just moved house this morning so completely forgot the test was starting today!

I'll just take all the same picks from T1. Don't think I'd have changed much anyway to be honest.

king_carlos

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Jun 2022, 1:18 pm

king_carlos wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:KC, if you're otherwise engaged at present - don't worry too much.

Hi PJ

I'll just take all the same picks from T1. Don't think I'd have changed much anyway to be honest.

Moving day, eh Carlos?!  Very Happy

Hope it went well.

guildfordbat

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 1:28 pm

king_carlos wrote:

Hi PJ

Enjoy the move! Remember to bend the knees if you're picking up any heavy boxes.

So I've got you down for Foakes and a New Zealand win. (you had NZ win toss and bat for that other bit... so nothing there) Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun 2022, 2:52 pm

Removed Stokes from my lineup because I thought he wouldn't bowl too much with his side issue, and he's got two already Rolling Eyes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 3:21 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Removed Stokes from my lineup because I thought he wouldn't bowl too much with his side issue, and he's got two already Rolling Eyes

Same here. However you're still doing pretty nicely. I scored a massive "10" in that first session.

It's 12:20am here.... I might go check the mailbox and see if there's anything there. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun 2022, 3:26 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Removed Stokes from my lineup because I thought he wouldn't bowl too much with his side issue, and he's got two already Rolling Eyes

Same here. However you're still doing pretty nicely. I scored a massive "10" in that first session.

It's 12:20am here.... I might go check the mailbox and see if there's anything there. Smile

Added Root as my fielder, and he shells a dolly Laugh

Might frame that 1st test result as a one off...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 10 Jun 2022, 7:48 pm

Just waiting for KC now.

JD - who do you want for your Kiwi catcher instead of Kane?

Southee please PJ!

JDizzle

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Jun 2022, 11:45 pm

Points Table
2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 1:

1280 Alfie [238] #
1261 Lowlandbrit [228] #
1234 Olly [151] #
1224 JDizzle [202] #
1220 Tino [202] #
1182 Guildfordbat [186] #
1134 King Carlos [176]
1116 Compelling and Rich [207]
1079 James [172]
1037 Soul Requiem [206] #*
989   Duty [168] #
955   Afro [72]
925   Pal Joey [127]

Average score: 1126 [180]

First figure - accumulative score / accumulative average score
Second figure in [brackets] - daily score / daily average

# England win toss = 25 points
* England decided to bowl = 25 points

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 11 Jun 2022, 6:15 am

Hmm. Got my nose back in front , I see. Something to take from a rather disappointing first day for England at least Smile

Pretty tightly bunched field at the moment. Moving day tomorrow or Sunday ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 11 Jun 2022, 11:33 pm

Points Table
2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 2:

1548 Lowlandbrit [287]
1518 JDizzle [294]
1515 Guildfordbat [333]
1477 Tino [257]
1437 Alfie [157]
1378 Olly [144]
1373 Compelling and Rich [257]
1227 King Carlos [93]
1209 James [130]
1168 Pal Joey [243]
1105 Soul Requiem [68]
1082 Duty [93]
1077 Afro [122]

Average score: 1316 [191]

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 12 Jun 2022, 5:18 am

Bit of a reshuffle of the lead pack there ... was a good day to have Mitchell in your picks !

Not so good for those of us who didn't Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 12 Jun 2022, 1:25 pm

Your'e the only one who had Blundell though, alfie. So that was a good thing. Smile

Just to confirm the bonus points from Day 2.

Alfie has Blundell; so got 25 bonus points.

JD, compelling and rich, myself, Tino, lowlandbrit, guildford have Mitchell; so got the 25 + 30 = 55 bonus points.

Guildford, Afro and Duty have Stokes; so got 25 bonus points. (apologies to GB... thanks for your PM)

Lowlandbrit has Crawley; so got 50 bonus points for his two catches.

JD, Olly, Tino and KC also got 50 bonus points for Root's two catches. Sorry guys... I rushed it this morning.
You'll see your extra 50 points (already added to the spreadsheet today) at the end of Day 3.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

guildfordbat, alfie and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 12 Jun 2022, 10:45 pm

Points Table
2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 3:

1882 JDizzle [364]
1877 Guildfordbat [362]
1874 Lowlandbrit [326]
1790 Olly [412]
1753 Tino [276]
1701 Alfie [264]
1662 Compelling and Rich [289]
1541 King Carlos [314]
1523 James [314]
1444 Pal Joey [276]
1394 Soul Requiem [289]
1333 Duty [251]
1320 Afro [243]

Average score: 1623 [306]

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

JDizzle, Duty281 and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 13 Jun 2022, 1:30 am

Pal Joey wrote:Your'e the only one who had Blundell though, alfie. So that was a good thing. Smile

JD, compelling and rich, myself, Tino, lowlandbrit, guildford have Mitchell; so got the 25 + 30 = 55 bonus points.

Guildford, Afro and Duty have Stokes; so got 25 bonus points. (apologies to GB... thanks for your PM)

JD, Olly, Tino and KC also got 50 bonus points for Root's two catches. Sorry guys... I rushed it this morning.
You'll see your extra 50 points (already added to the spreadsheet today) at the end of Day 3.

I had stokes aswell pj, not sure if you’ve already counted it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 13 Jun 2022, 1:46 am

compelling and rich wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Your'e the only one who had Blundell though, alfie. So that was a good thing. Smile

I had stokes aswell pj, not sure if you’ve already counted it

compelling and rich wrote:1.
Root, Stokes, Anderson, Broad
Mitchell, Latham, Southee, Jamieson

Bairstow, Mitchell

I've got Bairstow as your catcher but you have Stokes for batting and bowling... so you get those points but not the 25 points for the catch.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jun 2022, 8:55 am

Joey - how many unsuccessful reviews are we allowed? Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 13 Jun 2022, 9:53 am

guildfordbat wrote:Joey - how many unsuccessful reviews are we allowed? Very Happy

3 per series at the moment but the committee is looking to reduce it to two. Smile

I sort of dropped the ball but regathered thanks to the eagle-eyed brains trust on here. Don't know what it is. I can only make it to around tea; so when I wake up a few hours after the close of play, quite a few runs have been scored, a few wickets have fallen and lots of catches have been taken.
No so many bowled or lbws I've noticed. I'm usually careful going through the scorecard but the last few mornings I've been a little off my game.

Must be the cold mornings, eh alfie? My brain is not properly warmed up despite a coffee or two.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 13 Jun 2022, 10:41 am

Pal Joey wrote:I sort of dropped the ball but regathered thanks to the eagle-eyed brains trust on here. Don't know what it is.
Should have seen it coming:
Pal Joey wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Thanks to you, Pee Jay. You do all the actual work.
Thanks mate. It's really quite easy now that I've refined the method.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 13 Jun 2022, 11:51 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:I sort of dropped the ball but regathered thanks to the eagle-eyed brains trust on here. Don't know what it is.
Should have seen it coming:
Pal Joey wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Thanks to you, Pee Jay. You do all the actual work.
Thanks mate. It's really quite easy now that I've refined the method.

Laugh
I spoke too soon!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 13 Jun 2022, 10:43 pm

Points Table
2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 4:

2191 JDizzle [309]
2101 Lowlandbrit [227]
2043 Guildfordbat [166]
1951 Olly [161]
1943 Tino [190]
1908 Alfie [207]
1829 Compelling and Rich [167]
1785 James [262]
1686 Pal Joey [242]
1677 King Carlos [136]
1591 Duty [258]
1551 Soul Requiem [157]
1526 Afro [206]

Average score: 1829 [207]

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

JDizzle and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 14 Jun 2022, 10:34 am

Oh dear. Is it too late to change my selections?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 14 Jun 2022, 10:50 am

Afro wrote:Oh dear. Is it too late to change my selections?

I know how you feel, Afro.
Hopefully, we'll make some better ones for the last test. There's still today too... you never know what might happen.
There's often some big swings on the points table during the final day - or the leaders go even further ahead! Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 14 Jun 2022, 11:16 am

Its at the point of needing to make left field choices for the final test to have enough difference to make up the points difference
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jun 2022, 12:46 pm

Afro wrote:Oh dear. Is it too late to change my selections?

KP-f always used to give it a good go. Wink

guildfordbat

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 15 Jun 2022, 12:25 am

Points Table
2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 5:

2492 JDizzle [301]
2438 Tino [495] #*
2370 Guildfordbat [327] #*
2364 Lowlandbrit [263] *
2287 Alfie [379] #*
2248 Olly [297] #*
2056 James [271]
2038 Compelling and Rich [209]
1990 Pal Joey [304]
1906 King Carlos [209] *
1855 Soul Requiem [304] #*
1806 Duty [215]
1655 Afro [129] *

Average score: 2116 [286]

# England win = 125 points
* Most dismissals: Foakes = 25 points
(Foakes: 6 caught behinds, 1 run out; Blundell: 5 caught behinds, 1 stumping)

Special Team Scores for the Second Test at Trent Bridge are as follows:

First figure: Accumulative Score
Figure in brackets: [2nd Test Score]

England:
2641 [1601] - average player score 240.10 [144.55]

New Zealand:
2285 [1365] - average player score 207.73 [124.09]

Top 12 Individual Player Scores:

First figure: Accumulative Score
Figure in brackets: [2nd Test Score]

473 Mitchell [292]
391 Boult [273]
345 Root [219]
340 Blundell [190]
313 Potts [98]
311 Stokes [231]
291 Anderson [134]
263 Broad [154]
261 Bairstow [164]
256 Southee [69]
250 Pope [188]
227 Foakes [138]

Followed by: Lees 176 [131], Jamieson 171 [15], Bracewell 149 [149], Crawley 121 [69], Conway 114 [98]

Notes:
Excellent work from JDizzle to reach first place again - despite not picking England and Ben Foakes for most dismissals.
A massive surge from Tino who top scored on the final day with 495 points and now only trails JD by 54 points.
Alfie, Olly, Soul, Tino and Guildfordbat all correctly picked the England win and Foakes most dismissals.
Things really accelerated on all fronts in that final session. That was truly an amazing knock from Bairstow... and Stokes.
Thanks for your participation everyone. Top work! See you all in a week or so for the final test at Headingley.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

JDizzle, guildfordbat, alfie, Duty281, Good Golly I'm Olly and Soul Requiem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 15 Jun 2022, 9:47 am

Hey guys, I've had a query from a poster regarding the Player's Scores.

You'll probably notice that they don't match up with the actual scores you guys accrue with catches and bonuses for dismissals, centuries, 5 wicket hauls, etc.

Here's my response:

Well spotted. You're asking about the player's points, yes?

I was about to put a post up explaining (actually during the Ashes Series) to explain what I do.

To basically sum it up:

I only give 20 points for player's catches and only 10 for the wicket keeper dismissals; otherwise it really tends to inflate the player's scores. Don't worry, you still get the 25 bonus points for your catches and run outs... and 50 bonus points for a caught and bowled.

Can't remember which Test (it was probably Aus v. India) where I noticed when a player took say three catches... and then a batter made a hard-earned 50 runs... the fielder was scoring 'too heavily' in my opinion earning 75 points. So I started to discount the catches in the player's scores from then on.

I think I also dabbled with 15 points for wicket keeper dismissals at one stage too but that still seemed a little inflated to me. So I've reduced it down to 10 points for the last 4 series or so. Also only 10 points for a wicket keeper assisted run out - as happened in this last test. Seems to work well.

Also note that when a player scores a century (or more) I don't add the 25 + 30 points, etc onto the batter's score. Ditto for the bowlers - so Boult just scored the 125 points for his 5 wickets and I don't add the bowling bonuses (which we all get) on top of that score.

Hope that sums it up for you. What do you think? I was going to run it by everyone but just made the decision on the run and went with it... back in 2019 or so.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 15 Jun 2022, 9:50 am

So I managed to pick the toss, result and wicket keeper yet still sit near the bottom, that is impressively bad going.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 15 Jun 2022, 10:06 am

Soul Requiem wrote:So I managed to pick the toss, result and wicket keeper yet still sit near the bottom, that is impressively bad going.

I think Latham, Nicholls and Potts probably weighed you down a bit, Soul.

Those who picked what you did but also had good combination pairings of: Bairstow, Pope, Mitchell, Conway, Blundell and Boult... along with the heavy scoring Root and Stokes really boosted their scores. Many of us also had Jamieson and Southee who didn't score so heavily in this match.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 15 Jun 2022, 12:16 pm

I've really created a gap to those just ahead of me on day 5, despite PJ promising great things!! It started well with Broad's two early wickets too.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 18 Jun 2022, 5:19 pm

Hi Joey - I'll be away from the start of next week for the best part of two weeks and so here are my choices for the third Test.

1. Root, Stokes (reserve Pope)
JOverton, COverton (first reserve Broad and second reserve Anderson) 

Conway, Mitchell (reserve Williamson)
Wagner, Southee (reserve Boult).

2. Stokes (reserve Pope)
Mitchell (reserve Southee).

3. Foakes.

4. England win the toss and do the right thing (bat).

5. England win [As Afro said he's looking for a left field choice, I'll leave the tie for him!].

If a nominated player and a reserve both miss out, just do whatever you think appropriate.

Many thanks for all your work on this. As usual, great fun.  thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 19 Jun 2022, 11:09 am

guildfordbat wrote:Hi Joey - I'll be away from the start of next week for the best part of two weeks and so here are my choices for the third Test.

1. Root, Stokes (reserve Pope)
JOverton, COverton (first reserve Broad and second reserve Anderson) 

Conway, Mitchell (reserve Williamson)
Wagner, Southee (reserve Boult).

2. Stokes (reserve Pope)
Mitchell (reserve Southee).

3. Foakes.

4. England win the toss and do the right thing (bat).

5. England win [As Afro said he's looking for a left field choice, I'll leave the tie for him!].

If a nominated player and a reserve both miss out, just do whatever you think appropriate.

Many thanks for all your work on this. As usual, great fun.  thumbsup

Thanks guildford. I'll lock them in... and use my discretion if any of your player's miss out. Leach and Patel as discussed, yeah? Wink

Enjoy your trip and I hope Mrs Bat allows you to check for updates during the match.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next