The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules question

+2
Davie
I'm never wrong
6 posters

Go down

Rules question  Empty Rules question

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 17 Jun 2022, 7:20 pm

At our club we use the IG app to book tee times and manage competitions. We had the first round d of the Senior's Championship on Monday. Two players have been disqualified because their scorecards could not be found in the relevant box, even though their scores were on the electronic system. Valid disqualification?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Rules question  Empty Re: Rules question

Post by Davie Fri 17 Jun 2022, 8:38 pm

Four years now since I played social and competition golf, but from the description I'd say it was a valid DQ. Rules could have changed since my time though

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 17 Jun 2022, 10:22 pm

Certainly at my club completed cards must still be signed by player and marker before being placed in the competitions box. Otherwise its a DQ.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 17 Jun 2022, 11:16 pm

No way to verify they signed for the correct scores. They could easily have entered different scores into the system that were not verified by their marker.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sat 18 Jun 2022, 7:23 am

Thanks all. I spoke to one of the players and he said he has previously forgotten to put his card in the box, and usually finds it about his person later. He was sanguine about it, as it means that he gets to play earlier this coming Monday in amongst those who didn't qualify for the second round, and also avoided playing with me as we were originally drawn together. Shocked Just wonder what would happen if someone was adamant that they put their card in the box and it wasn't found later......

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sat 18 Jun 2022, 8:45 am

We use the Scottish Golf app which allows the player and their marker to physically sign on their smartphone  (and also on the iPad we have in the clubhouse for those without phones) but our Handicap team insist that paper scorecards are also handed in to check that we have posted the correct scores, even those who have posted their scores on the app as they are playing! This year they have also insisted that cards from matchplay ties are also submitted Rolling Eyes which many of us think is overkill. No-one has been DQd yet, just threatened with it. It’s like being back at school.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sat 18 Jun 2022, 1:15 pm

LadyPutt wrote:We use the Scottish Golf app which allows the player and their marker to physically sign on their smartphone

This just reminds me of a feature of the IG system. It allows you to upload a picture of your scorecard to the system. This would then prove the card had been submitted correctly if it was subsequently mislaid. Whether the comittee accepts it......

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by ralphjohn69 Sat 18 Jun 2022, 8:45 pm

LadyPutt wrote:We use the Scottish Golf app which allows the player and their marker to physically sign on their smartphone  (and also on the iPad we have in the clubhouse for those without phones) but our Handicap team insist that paper scorecards are also handed in to check that we have posted the correct scores, even those who have posted their scores on the app as they are playing! This year they have also insisted that cards from matchplay ties are also submitted Rolling Eyes which many of us think is overkill. No-one has been DQd yet, just threatened with it. It’s like being back at school.

"This year they have also insisted that cards from matchplay ties are also submitted"; is this a joke? I've never heard of anyone who fills in a scorecard when playing matchplay, let alone a committee insisting that it is submitted.

ralphjohn69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down