The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+7
Duty281
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
11 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 7 Jun 2022 - 12:11

First topic message reminder :

6. 5. Civic

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 9:07

Galted wrote:F hell, it's hard enough rising from sleep before 9, let alone from the dead.

Heading into peak season for us, GMan. Got to go out delivering some dresses and various other things today. Getting it done early so I can get back and watch the cricket whilst pretending to Mrs Windows that I am doing important work.

Good news is that business is really picking up now, bad news is the cost of fuel will cripple me anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 9:44

A very bored tird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 9:45

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:F hell, it's hard enough rising from sleep before 9, let alone from the dead.

Heading into peak season for us, GMan. Got to go out delivering some dresses and various other things today. Getting it done early so I can get back and watch the cricket whilst pretending to Mrs Windows that I am doing important work.

Good news is that business is really picking up now, bad news is the cost of fuel will cripple me anyway.

Good to hear, the bit about it picking up anyway.  A pity about Root getting himself out, thought England could have got to 700 with some sensible batting and really put the pressure on the Kiwis, especially on the angry button inside the angry Kiwi's head.

Did the wine importing business pick up or was that you and your mate off to Calais in a van, which would be crippled by the cost of fuel as well?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 10:30

Galted wrote:

Did the wine importing business pick up or was that you and your mate off to Calais in a van, which would be crippled by the cost of fuel as well?

That's not going so well. I still own a small part of it but I'm underwater with that at the moment. We've come close to winding it up a few times. Don't know if you know but there was a vote a few years ago and a bunch of silly billy voted to leave the EU. Made life very difficult for some small businesses. Then this thing called Covid turned up which made things even harder. Although, ironically, it gave those aforementioned silly billy a ready made excuse for all the sh*t that we are going through because of Brexit. Oh how I continue to l*l out loud at it every day.

Good job we've got an honest to God PM who will steady the ship.

Our main business is actually doing well now, but been an awful full years (obviously) and we've pretty much destroyed all our savings supporting the business. People have gone wedding/Christening/party mad now that life can go though on so things are flying now. We are still carrying far too much debt though from the previous few years. Basically put the business back almost to the beginning. We were on the cusp of buying a shop to expand the business from online only to a physical asset and taking on an apprentice seamstress from one of the colleges nearby. Had to park all that when Covid arrived (absolutely broke my heart to tell her the job wasn't there anymore) and with some cruel twist of fate, I have to drive past the shop each day when I do the school run. It is now a charity shop....

But people are going through worse. I could be dead like LiW or fighting jihad like Shah.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 10:44

Galted wrote:

That's not going so well. I still own a small part of it but I'm underwater with that at the moment. We've come close to winding it up a few times. Don't know if you know but there was a vote a few years ago and a bunch of silly billy voted to leave the EU. Made life very difficult for some small businesses. Then this thing called Covid turned up which made things even harder. Although, ironically, it gave those aforementioned silly billy a ready made excuse for all the sh*t that we are going through because of Brexit. Oh how I continue to l*l out loud at it every day.

Our main business is actually doing well now, but been an awful full years (obviously) and we've pretty much destroyed all our savings supporting the business. People have gone wedding/Christening/party mad now that life can go though on so things are flying now. We are still carrying far too much debt though from the previous few years. Basically put the business back almost to the beginning. We were on the cusp of buying a shop to expand the business from online only to a physical asset and taking on an apprentice seamstress from one of the colleges nearby. Had to park all that when Covid arrived (absolutely broke my heart to tell her the job wasn't there anymore) and with some cruel twist of fate, I have to drive past the shop each day when I do the school run. It is now a charity shop....

But people are going through worse. I could be dead like LiW or fighting jihad like Shah.

No way Covid didn't claim Toppy - not with his weight issues.  Union is stuck in reverse lineal dimension of his own creation and there's no saving him.  Jeff seems to be the only one who has come out on top.  I reckon he's the one who shagged the bat at that wet market in Wuhan and started it all.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 11:01

Galted wrote:

What a beautiful post, facts smoothed into anecdotes and tugging at the heartstrings without being overly sentimental.  Words I particularly enjoyed were 'cusp' and 'seamstress'.

Such a pity you ruined it with the 'been an awful full years'.  I assume that you meant 'few' but it really left a bad taste in the mouth.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 11:54

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

What a beautiful post, facts smoothed into anecdotes and tugging at the heartstrings without being overly sentimental.  Words I particularly enjoyed were 'cusp' and 'seamstress'.

Such a pity you ruined it with the 'been an awful full years'.  I assume that you meant 'few' but it really left a bad taste in the mouth.

Oh for the sake of f*ck. It was the most effort I've put into a post (or anything to be fair) in a number of years and I ruined it. Ruined it for you, for me. For the whole f*cking place.

I'm going to head down to Mr Dharmasena's shop and I might do something really bad like turn all the tins of beans upside down or switch the bourbons round with the custard creams. That'll teach him.

I'm also fuming that it changed d*ckheads to silly billy. If Adam was still here, I would send him a strongly worded PM, almost certainly calling him a silly billy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 14 Jun 2022 - 13:51

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Oh for the sake of f*ck. It was the most effort I've put into a post (or anything to be fair) in a number of years and I ruined it. Ruined it for you, for me. For the whole f*cking place.

I'm going to head down to Mr Dharmasena's shop and I might do something really bad like turn all the tins of beans upside down or switch the bourbons round with the custard creams. That'll teach him.

I'm also fuming that it changed d*ckheads to silly billy. If Adam was still here, I would send him a strongly worded PM, almost certainly calling him a silly billy.

I could see how much effort went into it and it pained me to point out such a minor imperfection but, as Jeff is fond of tw**ting, rules are rules.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 10:51

Cricket was good.

Fist over of the day

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 11:15

Should probably mention the Aussies qualifying for the football world cup to lure PJ back.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 11:18

I'm not sure we are going to catch Hungary's first innings total though to be honest.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 11:49

Haha, that was a bit of a shocker. Serves Southgate right for looking like a camel.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 9:03

Ethical fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 9:30

Unethical sicond.

Barney Ronay of The Guardian once said that watching Gareth Southgate talking was like watching an anteater become increasingly confused by its sudden ability to talk. It's an image that I've found hard to shake from my mind.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 9:31

Panethical tird, if Southgate was a spice, he would be flour.

But fickle football fans do my head in.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 9:37

Yeah - Duty has lost his mind (well whatever mind he had anyway).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 9:42

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:I suspect that LIW was Phil Bennett.

That would be a shame.  Gordon Bennett!

Half right.

Also half dead with Covid (although that is, hopefully, rapidly improving).

A combination of being utterly fecked off by England's 6N performance and having a war to follow instead has lead to the recent absence.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 9:56

He's back, he's back - LiW is back.

Hope you're recovering well from Covid and from the 6 nations. I imagine that defeat to Scotland at any sport can be debilitating.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 9:58

He's back
He's back
A rugby ball up his crack
LiW
LiW

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 10:23

I'm glad
He's back
I'll extract the ball from up his crack
LiW
LiW

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 10:24

superflyweight wrote:I imagine that defeat to Scotland at any sport can be debilitating.  

Caber tossing?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 10:24

if this was a film when all be drinking in silence in a rural pub.  One of us would look up over the surrounding fields to see a distant silhouette approaching with a sleeping bag slung over its shoulder.  When the realisation that it was LIW set in there'd be much spilling of beer as everyone leapt to their feet and much hysterical laughing as we all ran over the field.

The closing credits would roll with the camera moving away from the ensuing (non-gay) hugfest, followed by 'this motion picture is dedicated to the memory of Tino'.

I think it would be a fairly sh*t film.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 10:29

superflyweight wrote:Yeah - Duty has lost his mind (well whatever mind he had anyway).  

I don't really follow football that much but he needs an intervention. His p*ss poor performance in Pee Jay's Tipping Competition is clearly having a bigger impact than we first thought.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 10:30

Galted wrote:if this was a film when all be drinking in silence in a rural pub.

What does this even mean?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 10:38

superflyweight wrote:Yeah - Duty has lost his mind (well whatever mind he had anyway).  

I don't really follow football that much but he needs an intervention. His p*ss poor performance in Pee Jay's Tipping Competition is clearly having a bigger impact than we first thought.

My thoughts on Southgate are consistent. Admittedly, my p!ss poor performance in the tipping competition has seen me turn to drink and old episodes of Chucklevision on the Internet for solace, but I'm sure I'll survive.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 10:43

Duty281 wrote:

My thoughts on Southgate are consistent. Admittedly, my p!ss poor performance in the tipping competition has seen me turn to drink and old episodes of Chucklevision on the Internet for solace, but I'm sure I'll survive.

To me, to you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 11:19

That's how people in the film industry like Julius and myself speak. It means 'when ole be drinking'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 11:22

What the when is going on here? Don't tell me LiW is Lassie in disguise?

Sure, I'm just as pleased as everyone to see him return (at last) but I'm not going to leap to my feet, knock over some beer and run over a field to participate in a hugfest of a distant silhouette with a sleeping bag slung over its shoulder.

I see that sort of thing almost every day when I'm sitting on the front porch staring out into the distant fields; looking for any signs of change or movement out there, whilst checking the straightness of the barrel, correcting the action of the safety catch, looking for any signs of rust and applying some protection oil if necessary to ensure smooth operation of the firearm.

I would, however, just have a quiet hysterical laugh to myself as I took another slow sip from a long cold beer. Then give the dog's belly another firm rub with my parched bare feet whilst trying to casually (as possible) ignore the continuous and sinuous drip of saliva from the corner of her mouth.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 11:48

Pal Joey wrote:

Sure, I'm just as pleased as everyone to see him return (at last) but I'm not going to leap to my feet, knock over some beer and run over a field to participate in a hugfest of a distant silhouette with a sleeping bag slung over its shoulder.

I see that sort of thing almost every day when I'm sitting on the front porch staring out into the distant fields; looking for any signs of change or movement out there, whilst checking the straightness of the barrel, correcting the action of the safety catch, looking for any signs of rust and applying some protection oil if necessary to ensure smooth operation of the firearm.

I would, however, just have a quiet hysterical laugh to myself as I took another slow sip from a long cold beer. Then give the dog's belly another firm rub with my parched bare feet whilst trying to casually (as possible) ignore the continuous and sinuous drip of saliva from the corner of her mouth.

Do you play the banjo by any chance?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 12:12

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Do you play the banjo by any chance?

No. A 12-string pedal steel.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 14:45

After moaning that chicken is s**t from The Asda, a chef friend of mine suggested soaking it in buttermilk overnight as it makes it tender and lovely.

Anyone confirm?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 14:54

rIck_dAgless wrote:After moaning that chicken is s**t from The Asda, a chef friend of mine suggested soaking it in buttermilk overnight as it makes it tender and lovely.

Anyone confirm?

I can confirm that I also call it The Asda, or sometimes just Asda, depending on how generous I'm being with words. I believe the correct pronunciation up north is t'Asda.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 14:58

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:After moaning that chicken is s**t from The Asda, a chef friend of mine suggested soaking it in buttermilk overnight as it makes it tender and lovely.

Anyone confirm?

I can confirm that I also call it The Asda, or sometimes just Asda, depending on how generous I'm being with words. I believe the correct pronunciation up north is t'Asda.

That is only really East of the Pennines. Those of us West of the Pennines such and myself and RIcK, would fully form the word 'The'. But pronounced 'Thee'. As in "hi love, just popping down to thee Asda".

I'm here for you, Galted.

As for the chicken, RICk, eating meat is abhorrent and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 15:01

Galted wrote:

Anyone confirm?

That is only really East of the Pennines. Those of us West of the Pennines such and myself and RIcK, would fully form the word 'The'. But pronounced 'Thee'. As in "hi love, just popping down to thee Asda".

As for the chicken, RICk, eating meat is abhorrent and you should be ashamed of yourself.

What's your beef with eating chicken?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 15:04

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You're always fishing for trouble.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 15:06

Galted wrote:

Anyone confirm?

I need to test on chicken before I start on The Homeless, The Gays, and finally, for full tenderness, The Orphans

Anyway, I will report back.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 15:15

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why won't you eat poultry? Too chicken?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 15:18

I think I'll duck this exchange.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 15:24

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Why won't you eat poultry?  Too chicken?  

Not at all, it just makes me a better person than you. I'll steak my reputation on it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 15:56

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Not at all, it just makes me a better person than you. I'll steak my reputation on it.

Your goose is cooked.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 16:54

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Your goose is cooked.

I tried vegetarianism once, but I didn't like how it made me veal.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 17:49

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Your goose is cooked.

I tried vegetarianism once, but I didn't like how it made me veal.  

#meattoo

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 18:12

Oh, burger off the lot of you

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 7:59

The buttermilk worked.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 10:16

rIck_dAgless wrote:The buttermilk worked.

Fist

OK

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 11:09

Fist

On the chicken or one of The Gays?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 11:26

Fist

Shocked

A phobe!!!

Burn him!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 11:43

Fist

Chicken, but the concept has now been proven.

I also tried it it with cheap frying steak and it really did make is really soft to cut up and chew.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 11:52

Galted wrote:

Fist

Shocked

A phobe!!!

Burn him!

I live in the Home Counties, Galted. Being a phobe is more of hobby round here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 14:01

Galted wrote:

Fist

Shocked

A phobe!!!

Burn him!

I live in the Home Counties, Galted. Being a phobe is more of hobby round here.

I assumed you meant Mr. and Mrs. Gay. I had a teacher at school called Mr. Gay.
There was also a kid at school called Sean Sex.
You can make up your own jokes.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next